Writing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-16-2010, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello again, Jamie. Hope all is well with you. Thank you for all the guidance you have given me in past questions.

On my last question, you mentioned thinking about writing as a career. We also dabbled a bit on synchronicities. In the past and more recently, I've had many tell me that I'd make a good writer; maybe even publish a book. But, since that big fat "D" in my college creative writing class many years ago, I believed that defined the kind of writer I was. Throughout my life, I always get these ideas that I think would make a good book or movie (I joke that my life is like a movie), then I stop myself and think.......IF only I could write. Despite the, what I realized to be, synchronicities, I've always just brushed off any thought about writing.

I'm intrigued by the idea that I'm not the "D" writer I thought I was. Being able to potentially be compensated for doing something (despite others opinions/ grades) enjoyable is a bonus. It acutally feels "right" in my life the more I think and imagine the possibilities. Could you share deeper insight, details, and guidance about this writing venture? The who's, what's, where's, when's, how's, how to's, what kind's, etc. I am grateful for anything and everything you can share. I'm trully excited about this and would like to begin heading down this path.

Thank you

~Kimberly

dust.gif   

#2 of 2 Old 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kimberly,
I'm so sorry, I skipped yours and I'm not even sure how it happen. But here we are!

I am so happy to hear that you have realized that you do not have to be defined by a piece of paper that someone wrote a letter on. Now is definitely time to rise above that symbol that was placed upon you!
Also, you know you are on the right path when it feels good. Our feelings are good indications and they should be paid attention to.

Sooo...all that being said. I want to tell you that I am feeling novels for you. Fiction novels. Start doing your research on writing a book, finding an agent, etc etc. I really feel it will be impt for you to do your research about the when and hows etc right away. Don't delay. It's alot of work but I think it will get you excited and motivate you. Then when you have the book written it will be a much easier process to get it published.

I feel that you will have to make sure to block out time to write. None of this whenever I can fit it in, willy nilly stuff. Get serious about it, make time for it and write. I want you to start with a list of ideas and decide which one just fires you up. Really fires you up and go with it.

This will work out for you, but I do see clearly you will have to make the effort. It's not going to fall into your lap!

I wish you the best of luck. YOu can do it!!!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page