Protecting my son emotionally - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Jamie! Me again

The ex has selfishly moved on already. I'm coming to terms with the fact that he doesn't care about my emotions at all. It's my son I'm worried about. He seems to be spending most of his "father-son" time with this other woman, and sometimes her son too. I'm worried about my son - being confused, becoming attached, not being nurtured enough/focused on by his Dad...
I've tried sharing my concerns with the ex, but he refuses to listen to anything I say and just makes me more angry.

Any advice as to how to ensure my son is emotionally protected?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-07-2010, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi DancingAnne,
Always happy to "see" you

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt. Remember not to take anything personally. Even though it's hard! Trust me, when i tell you that whatever your ex is doing is not about you. It may seem so at times, but it's not. People really do live in their own egocentric worlds and the things we do are usually really about us. It takes a strong person to realize that and thus not take anything another person does personally. Let his life, be his life. You left for a reason, so move forward in certainty in that.

As far as your son goes, I am not worried about him. He feels very secure to me (even as young as he is). I sense that he is an understanding little fellow. I feel that with your guidance he will be just fine. He may get attached to a woman his Father is dating. And it may make him sad briefly if they break up. But such is life. People come and people go. Security in your home is all YOU can personally do. You cannot control what goes on in your ex's home. You just can't. So let go of that desire. It's not a fruitful one.
Be the great Mom I know you are and roll with the punches. Teach your son to be kind and understanding and loving. That is all you can do.
I don't think this relationship he is in right now will last anyways. But there will be others. So do yourself a favor and focus on your home life, the things you speak to your child and the guidance you give him in regards to living a respectful life. Kids are raised well in this situation all the time these days.

Big hugs to you!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page