How to forgive? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-29-2010, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My best friend/roomate broke my trust and really upset me in a big way. How can I find peace, forgive her and let go of this anger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, I can feel the hurt. The anger is is palpable. But the anger is really only a symptom of the hurt. I'm really sorry she did this to you. Please know (not as an excuse, just keep in mind) she did this out of dislike for herself, not to be hateful towards you. The people that dislike themselves so completely; that have no sense of love for themselves are the ones that reach out to hurt others. They get so disgusted with themselves, and feel so completely and utterly hateful towards themselves they have to find a way to get away from themselves. So they do something awful to get reaction from others. It may be negative attention they receive, but they would rather feel the drama, then to just be inside their own head hating themselves. It's a very lonely place indeed. It's easier to have someone else mad at you and have to beg for forgiveness.
She is sad and lonely and terrified.

Knowing that, you can possibly dig deep to find forgiveness for her. Trust me, she hates herself more than you ever could.

So for the sake of being a loving person, wish her healing. Wish her love. Maybe not right this moment. That's okay. I'm not asking you to see butterflies and sparkles when you look at her. It will take a lot of time.
But dig deep. Because that is who you are.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page