Mediation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-06-2010, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow, so baby daddy had a mediator contact me in regards to settling custody issues(didn't realize there was an issue). Not a court mediator but private. I have continued to not have contact with him and this happened. I do not want to go to mediation with him and am very surprised he is doing this (considering what we have discussed). If I ignore the mediators calls will baby daddy leave us alone for good(obviously I would go to mediation if it meant avoiding court)? I'm being excellent about the no contact and not engaging with him (like we discussed!) I'm just surprised by this turn of events and with what I'm going through I am not interested in going to court anymore with anyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-06-2010, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

After thinking about this some more I wanted to change the question. Because we have discussed this at length and your reponse doesn't ever change...What is his motivation in setting up mediation with me when he clearly wants nothing to do with the baby? He filled out paperwork and prepaid for the mediator so he seems to have some intention with this.

#3 of 3 Old 12-07-2010, 01:59 PM

His reason is so he can keep his own nose clean. So he can say he tried to have contact with the baby, but YOU denied him. He still doesn't really want anything to do with the baby. He is just doing it for show. That way if you ever take him to court he has something to show for himself. He may go so far as to see the baby for awhile in order to keep up this facade. But in the end he does not care, and it won't last long. You are right, my answer doesn't change. He's just be manipulative.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page