torn between choices - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-15-2010, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Jamie,

I recently came to the decision not to have another child and now I am not sure.  I'm concerned I'm making this decision out of fear and do not want to have regrets. There is also a part of me that longs to go back to work to contribute financially and grow in a different way.  I've always wanted two children, but there are many "practical" reasons to stick with one.  I feel like I'm in a tug of war inside and having a tough time sorting this out.  Do you see me having another baby?

Thank you so much for any insight.

~ Heather

treehugger.gifdh + geek.gifme + biggrinbounce.gifdd 9/06 + rainbow1284.gifbabyf.gifdd 5/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-15-2010, 12:11 PM

Hi Heather,

Actually I do see you with another child. But I think it will be some time due to this uncertainty you are feeling. I think you will stick with this decision to not to have another one. But when there is about 4 years between the kids, I think you will get pregnant. Possibly not on purpose. So there will be about 5 years between the kids.

Anyhow, go forward in your decision. I know it is a big one and it does matter. But at the same time your family does not depend on whether you have another child or not. You are already a complete family. Eventually another one may complete you even more, but in the meantime you are certainly not lacking in completeness or anything else as the family that you are with one child.

Go forward in your life. Make choices that feel right to you at this present moment. Enjoy what you have and enjoy what will be when the time comes.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#3 of 4 Old 12-16-2010, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

I am pleased at what you picked up.  I feel free to let the need to decide go for now and pursue new avenues of experience.  I can also see how not stressing about it and staying open to possibility will allow for the best outcome and most happiness no matter what happens.  Thank you, Jamie.

treehugger.gifdh + geek.gifme + biggrinbounce.gifdd 9/06 + rainbow1284.gifbabyf.gifdd 5/13
#4 of 4 Old 12-17-2010, 05:30 AM

You are very welcome. Peace to you.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page