Friends - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-18-2010, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Jamie!

You mentioned recently that you could sense my sadness....and I think a big part of this is that I still feel like I'm 'lacking' in the friend department. :( I've drifted apart from many of my friends. In some cases, it's because I feel that they really weren't there for me these past 6 months, which have been the most difficult in my life. In other cases, I think I have such a different outlook on life now (and a strong view on 'living your truth'), that I find it hard to connect with some people.

I thought I had found a good friend at school, but the relationship feels very one-sided (she's a bit of a 'taker', KWIM?)

I have a lot in common with a guy that I work with (not THE neighbour that we talked about before), but am a bit hesitant to initiate a friendship outside of work, because I think he might read too much into that (and I'm quite sure that I shouldn't let things go in that direction).

So... Any insight or advice on how I can rebuild my circle of friends/support network? Or even just connect 'truthfully' with one person?

As always...Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-19-2010, 12:01 PM

Hi!

I think that what is happening is that you are at fresh start. On so many levels. Honestly, it feels almost like a 2nd chance for you. To really create the life you desire. One that lives your highest truths and then through that, the people and situations that arise for you will be what you want and need. And just to be clear, it is not as if you've done it wrong up until now. Certainly we know your son is nothing but right ;), and many lessons and experiences have brought you to this new found freedom. But I do get this feeling that you have in front of you, a brand new world in a way. And the point is not to be lonely. It is to begin manifesting all things that resonate with every level of your truth and being.

So try to view it like that, as opposed to lonely. Take some time to reflect on what a really great friendship would feel like and entail for you. Just as we all do this for a life long partner, you can do this for your friends as well. What kind of people do you desire to be able to spend friendly time with. To give and take and have equal share of energy? I am glad to hear you say that you realize the woman from class is a bit of a taker. Reason I am glad is because that demonstrates that you are not willing to accept anything less then real this time around. And you are recognizing when it is not. Although remember, there will always be people that offer varying levels of relationship to our life. She may just be a fun classmate and that is the only time you share with her.

In summary, I want you to continue working on YOU. Cultivating your truths and living them outwardly. By doing that, you will draw the right people in. You are lonely right now because it is the Holidays and you are still relearning to live without a partner. And I have heard many times that a lot of friendships end along with the divorce. But that is okay, b/c that means they were tied into that relationship and you don't need that.

2011 is going to be much different DancingAnne. It is filled with promise and partnership and friendships. But the key is to continue to self focus and keep putting the brighter, more focused, more light you out there to the world. You will get there. You are doing so well already.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#3 of 4 Old 12-19-2010, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Jamie.

It's hard not to be hurt by the lack of support that my 'friends' have provided, since I know that if the tables had been turned, I would have reached out to help them through the chaos and sadness.

Onward and upward.  (I just need to summon up as much strength as possible for these last few days of 2010...) wink1.gif

Holiday blessings to you and your family! smile.gif

#4 of 4 Old 12-20-2010, 08:37 AM

You can do it lady! I have all faith in you!

Merry Christmas to you and your son!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page