Career Stuff - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-23-2011, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Jamie,

Hope you are well!  After a crazy stressfull spring and discombobulated summer I feel I could use some guidance :)

I feel like I may have been pushing away work due to my stress level with kids and other family things. Things have begun to even out so to speak and it is time to look ahead.  As know I do love my work but struggle with feeling good enough or being afraid that my referral sources are going to "just dry up".  Besides it being my calling the income is a great benefit for my family.  Wondering if you have any advice on how to recharge or draw in new business.  I am planning to continue training and have also considered traveling for a confernce in Nov. but ambivalent becasue of my low numbers currently.  Your advice is always appreciated.

Thank You!

#2 of 3 Old 08-23-2011, 06:11 PM

Hiya! Good to hear from you. If there is one thing I understand, it's crazy ;)

I want to remind you that you are likely to be affected by the economy. It does happen. People freak out and hold tight to their wallets. But it is not a reflection you or your business. Just a friendly reminder.

Now, interestingly enough I want to tell you that I see your business taking a bit of a spiritual turn. I know we've talked a lot about expanding your horizons in regards to what you offer and ways to help. I see this going a bit deeper now. I see you entering the zone of learning more about energy and sharing that with your clients. This does not have to be based in any specific spiritual practice. I know where you lie with your spirituality. :) But it is something to be open minded about and see the possibility of where it can take you.

This book is coming to mind and I think you should check it out. http://www.amazon.com/Hands-Light-Healing-Through-Energy/dp/0553345397

I see energy based ideas infiltrating your work and helping the continued expansion of your career.

Nice to have a question from you. Thank you.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#3 of 3 Old 08-24-2011, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Jamie--I always seem to look for how I am to blame.  I ordered the book and take a closer look on how I can integrate this approach, I have always seen healing as a spiritual process.  Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page