Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
got my numbers from my midwife!
hcg 214
progesterone 32.5

These were taken yesterday. I am between 16-9dpo (so 4.2 weeks is the latest I could be).

Here are my POAS tests. I started taking them last friday and got my faint lines on Sat-Sun. Tuesday morning I took the big test and got my nice line Like I said, we didn't babydance before 2.10, so I would have been 10dop or less when my faintest line appeared. The one at the top is from this morning.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the reinforcement Hannah and Nic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calihannah View Post
I was having coffee with a friend this afternoon who mentioned that she didn't find out she was pregnant with her DS until she was 9 weeks along. I just could not understand that at all! But how lovely to be in a state of ignorant bliss...wish I could find that!
I actually didn't get a test until I was 20 weeks with my first baby, but I was also totally in denial because of the circumstances around her conception, so that probably doesn't count.

I'm a queer, poly, pagan, (dis)abled, crazy, crunchy, intersectionally-minded feminist. fsonj & I are mamas to our unschooled/freeschooled 12yo & 3yo!  (Ask me about co-breastfeeding, supplementing at the breast, inducing lactation, eating placentas, undisturbed birth, and parenting a genderqueer child with Aspergers!)
#33 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 06:40 PM

Hi ladies!

Love all of the dark BFP's! This is exciting.

http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_h...fm?testID=6157

There's mine from 9po. Faint, but it's there! Going to POAS soon so it'll be nice and dark.

What to do with the leftover HPT's? Pee on them for fun? lol.

Looking forward to the adventure of pregnancy.

SAHMcrochetsmilie.gif to DS babyf.gif (born naturally 11/5/10) and a loyal dog2.gif
familybed1.gif femalesling.GIF cd.gif goorganic.jpg winner.jpg 

#34 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leurMaman View Post
got my numbers from my midwife!
hcg 214
progesterone 32.5

These were taken yesterday. I am between 16-9dpo (so 4.2 weeks is the latest I could be).
Nice beta numbers and test progression!!

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#35 of 55 Old 02-28-2010, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Okay ladies, I made it through another morning without POAS again! Hoping for my beta numbers to be available tomorrow...

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#36 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

(also posting in a new thread)

I got my repeat beta numbers this morning -- looking really good at 165 for 14dpo (Saturday). That works out to a doubling time of ~31 hours (was 37 at 11dpo). That's good news, and I feel pretty relieved.

BUT. I had some spotting last night. Nothing major, more brownish/pinkish than anything else, and it was gone within an hour or two, but it still completely freaked me out. I couldn't sleep, my heart was racing, etc etc. I finally came to the conclusion that I must have nicked my cervix or something when I was putting in the progesterone caplet. Once I came up with that very plausible idea, I was able to relax a bit and fall asleep -- but overall the nerves are really, really getting to me despite my attempts to relax, enjoy the current reality, and just be.

Any ideas to calm down would be really welcome...

#37 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 03:28 PM

POAS again! Much darker than my last test!

11dpo- http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_h...fm?testID=6204

9po- http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_h...fm?testID=6157

SAHMcrochetsmilie.gif to DS babyf.gif (born naturally 11/5/10) and a loyal dog2.gif
familybed1.gif femalesling.GIF cd.gif goorganic.jpg winner.jpg 

#38 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Nice line, naturelady!

#39 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 04:11 PM

Great numbers, Calihannah! Should I go back and get my m/w to do a second draw? Is that too antsy of me?

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#40 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leurMaman View Post
Great numbers, Calihannah! Should I go back and get my m/w to do a second draw? Is that too antsy of me?
Only you can say if it's too antsy I know that in the first tri, I need all the data I can get. Later on in pg, I am all "leave me alone!" but up front, I need tons of reassurance to stay sane...even before my loss.

ETA: it's only typical to have multiple betas if you have a loss history or some other reason to suspect an issue.

#41 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 05:15 PM

I just took a $tree test... there's a definitely there line though it's not really, really dark. I feel better seeing it though, I'm only a few days past due for AF. It's darker than all of my FRER tests put together. I seem to have a nice progression going though because less than a week ago I had nothing on the $tree test at all. Must.stop.obsessing.

Maybe I should call my doctor and speak to the midwife. My doctor is no longer delivering babies so I'm kinda starting over again.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#42 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

That's good news, Nic -- post a pic if you feel like so we all can ogle it

Speaking to the midwife might be a good idea -- feels more "real" somehow maybe?

#43 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 05:33 PM

Ok.. I am 15 dpo (if I o'd on V day, which I think I did somewhere in that time frame and I have a 14-16 day luteal phase, was still trying to figure that out when I tested haha)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/...26e8003e_o.jpg

#44 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 05:38 PM

came back to add... this was also mid-day pee, after I'd gone lord knows how many times and I actually had to force a little out, lol. This is terrible... I need to just embrace that I am and that whatever happens, happens and let it go. It seems with each pregnancy I have I get a little more nervous.

#45 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 06:27 PM

Can I join the POAS party? I got these this am. I am nervous about how light the $store test is. I sent dh out to get a digital just now. I've not had betas drawn with any of my pg except with my m/c in December...I'm thinking now I might.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#46 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 06:29 PM

Wow. Your FRER is super dark! Mine were so faint, all of them. You'll definitely get a positive on a digital. Congratulations!

ETA: My $tree is about the same shade as yours.. maybe a little darker. I wonder if they just don't get real dark?

#47 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 07:29 PM

Okay - emailed m/w to see if she'll do a second draw. I've quit POAS - I saw a progression, so that's enough for me Great tests, Birthdancedoula! Defninitely pregnant!

#48 of 55 Old 03-01-2010, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
Can I join the POAS party? I got these this am. I am nervous about how light the $store test is. I sent dh out to get a digital just now. I've not had betas drawn with any of my pg except with my m/c in December...I'm thinking now I might.
Dude, Ashley, that FRER is so glaringly positive that you should just throw out the $Tree and ignore it! CONGRATS!!!

#49 of 55 Old 03-02-2010, 12:09 AM

LOL! Thanks! Dh got a digi and in like 30 seconds it said pregnant. Ok, this midwifery student is finally convinced she is pregnant!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#50 of 55 Old 03-02-2010, 03:56 PM

In part, it was this thread thread that convinced me to seek the extra reassurance of a beta for this pg. I got my results today for 5w0d (22 dpo)... 5135... nice and strong ! I'm going in for a second either Wednesday or Thursday. My POAS (all 8) have gotten progressively darker and speedier. I love the numbers and I'm at war with them. I'm thrilled at the strong reading I got today, but almost lost my mind when my temp dropped back near my coverline yesterday. I think once I get my next beta results, I'll be a bit more at ease. Good for the rest of you with your resounding BFPs! Nice pics!
#51 of 55 Old 03-02-2010, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Step away from the thermometer!! I know, easier said than done...hang in there! Soon we'll all be 8-9 weeks and seeing our little beans on ultrasound!

#52 of 55 Old 03-02-2010, 07:06 PM

I've been getting positives on internet strips for 9 days now and they keep getting darker, so you would think I would be convinced by now Last pregnancy I took ONE FRER and called it a day. What self restraint I had back then.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#53 of 55 Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 PM

Ha! I love it Calihanna!
#54 of 55 Old 03-02-2010, 10:17 PM

OK - got my blood drawn today. I kept apologizing to the m/w and insisting that I wasn't a DIVA. I felt bad asking for a second (she's a very hands-off, nature-loving midwife). I am excited to hear the results tomorrow, though. Now I wonder if I should ask about an 8 wk u/s - which I would normally never do. I had three during December and had to see no hb each time, so one with a hb would be so nice to see.

#55 of 55 Old 03-03-2010, 08:51 PM

2/26 - 4 weeks or so HCG 214, Prog 32.5
3/2 - 4-5 weeks? HCG 1259, Prog 29.8 (see my posted question about the dip?)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page