early beta numbers and POAS comparisons - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 55 Old 02-25-2010, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got my 11dpo beta number -- 37! Much higher than I ever got with my CP, so that in itself is a relief I will repeat the blood draw on Saturday, with results on Monday, so I hope I don't go crazy over the weekend with waiting! I'll keep POAS to watch the line (hopefully) get darker

Speaking of darker, today's line (12dpo) definitely is!!!

http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_...fm?testID=6148

Anyone else waiting for beta results or have more BFPs to share?

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#2 of 55 Old 02-25-2010, 03:09 PM

That's a beautiful line! I probably won't get betas drawn, but I am peeing on sticks left & right. I took another with FMU yesterday & the line was obvious enough even my girls could see it right away. Forgot to take a picture, though. I'll redo it tomorrow & Saturday.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#3 of 55 Old 02-25-2010, 04:42 PM

I don't get betas done but I have a whole pile of internet sticks that need to be used up I have them all lined up in my bathroom, getting darker every day. I should post a pic when I get a chance. What a nerd I am! Well, it's no surprise since I still have the BFP from my daughter tucked into the back of my bathroom drawer, and it's 2 1/2 years old!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#4 of 55 Old 02-25-2010, 06:45 PM

crashing your ddc I am in July lol.. Congrats thats a beautiful line!!! I just wanted to add that at 20 weeks pregnant with twin boys I am still peeing on sticks...

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#5 of 55 Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 PM

Just like mine! They have been getting progressively darker - so I'm happy

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#6 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leurMaman View Post
Just like mine! They have been getting progressively darker - so I'm happy
Yay! I'm going to POAS again tomorrow and hope that it's darker still...I keep getting nervous that it will be a different dye lot in the test or something and that it will be lighter and I'll get all freaked out (because with my chem pg they did get lighter, of course). But I am trying SO HARD just to trust and relax...but it is not easy for me

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#7 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 03:50 AM

My test from this morning:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/...23c00369_o.jpg

I took a CBE digital test tonight that said Not Pregnant... and I felt a little frazzled by that but I was able to conjure up enough pee to pee on another FRER and there's definitely a line. I can see the progression (I have 4 tests in front of me) even over the course of a day they are getting slightly darker. I actually gave my husband the other CBE and told him not to let me have it until Wednesday.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#8 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

That's definitely a line, Demeter -- the CBE digis are not as sensitive as the FRERs, so they can play mean tricks on us. How many DPO are you? Can you post the progression pics?

#9 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, here are my comparison pics for the day...top is 11dpo, middle is 12dpo, and the bottom is today (13dpo).

http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_...fm?testID=6162

I freaked out a bit when I first POAS today because it didn't look darker than yesterday's test, but I calmed down a bit when I realized that yesterday's test had sat all day and dried etc, whereas I was looking at today's exactly 3 minutes after peeing on it. I walked away for about 10 minutes, and the line (which was there at 3 minutes) was darker when I came back, so I'm feeling better about it now (but still a total stress case, sigh).

What do you guys think?

#10 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 12:09 PM

Calihannah... you are most decidedly VERY pregnant. those are some lovely dark lines... much darker than mine and I think we are a day or so apart. I think I o'd (don't have confirmation) around valentine's day... so going by the 14th I am 12dpo. I'll post up a progression picture with this morning's test as well in a few.

#11 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Demeter~ View Post
Calihannah... you are most decidedly VERY pregnant. those are some lovely dark lines... much darker than mine and I think we are a day or so apart. I think I o'd (don't have confirmation) around valentine's day... so going by the 14th I am 12dpo. I'll post up a progression picture with this morning's test as well in a few.
Awesome, Nic Thanks for the reassurances, and I'll be looking for your pics as well! I O'ed on the 13th (14th by EWCM, but 13th based on temp shift), so yep, we're cycle buddies, or close enough!

BTW, did you change your screen name? I got confused for a moment!

#12 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 12:23 PM

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/...52010dc6_o.jpg

2 from 10dpo
2 from 11 dpo
1 from 12 dpo

in the picture the bottom one almost looks lighter than the one above but in person it's about the same thickness and color.

#13 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 12:24 PM

Yeah, I did change my username I'm no longer mum to 3 and I felt it was time for a change. I should probably have done that before I posted to the ddc but I decided to do it on a whim last night.

#14 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Gotcha That makes sense about the username. I've been tempted to change mine over the years to something that reflects my DD, but now that I'm pg with another (hopefully sticky this time) baby, it doesn't seem like the right time to change it to something that just reflects her!

Your tests look good -- I'm going to dish out the same advice I gave myself this morning: HPTs, even from the same box, can have different amounts of dye, and your urine can have different dilution, so HPTs are not a reliable indicator of HOW pregnant you are. I know, I know, I can't take that advice myself, but hey, it's worth a try!

#15 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 12:58 PM

Great advice!! I'm trying to find that zen and just let it happen. It's a little difficult when I keep hearing about frers being a little less reliable when they are in the pink foil wrappers. That's really stressing me out!

#16 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Congrats to everyone!!!
I'll try and get a pic up.
I used a dollar tree test, woke up early on my birthday, poas, at first I thought it was negative, but as the dye settled it was definitely +!
I woke DH up, said go in the bathroom and check the test for me, are there really two lines?
He left to check walked back in the bedroom and said, "I only see one dark line.", I was shocked "What?!?!?", he says "The other one is only pink".
You'd think he would know by now, but that really scared me for a sec.
I'm not sure what DPO I am, I wasn't charting.
We weren't TTC, but we were open to another child, and are super happy and praying for a sticky baby!
So being a day or two late, my BETA was 229, and I can't remember the progesterone.
Due 11/3

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#17 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 01:35 PM

My DP is still rather cautious about whether she's preggers... she has trouble believing me that a faint line is still a line.

This was at 15dpo... what do you all think?

http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_...fm?testID=6165

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#18 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 01:52 PM

Andrea, that is SO a bfp!

#19 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

That is CLEARLY a BFP! Congrats!!

#20 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 11:03 PM

My digital! Though not quite as fun as deciphering lines, I love how clear the answer is here.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/...15111862_o.jpg

#21 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Demeter~ View Post
My digital! Though not quite as fun as deciphering lines, I love how clear the answer is here.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/...15111862_o.jpg

Gotta love FRER digis!! I peed on one today too, just to see that YES+ !!!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#22 of 55 Old 02-26-2010, 11:28 PM

The wonderful thing is I have another left and then after I pee on that I have CBE digi waiting in the wings... I probably won't make it too many days without peeing on them though. hahaha I'm a POAS addict.

#23 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

I hear you Nic, I am sort of addicted to POAS too...but I just locked my remaining two unopened boxes of tests in the car with the Target receipt and I am seriously considering returning them and getting the $$ back...I am waffling between loving POAS because it gives me some confirmation/information in this phase that is a total waiting game, but it also has a tendency to drive me NUTS since I second-guess whether a line is darker etc etc. And HPTs aren't really intended to be used that way, despite how many of us do exactly that! So I'm going to try not to POAS this weekend. Wish me luck! I go for my repeat beta tomorrow morning and I'll have those results on Monday...hopefully I'll feel better then.

I was having coffee with a friend this afternoon who mentioned that she didn't find out she was pregnant with her DS until she was 9 weeks along. I just could not understand that at all! But how lovely to be in a state of ignorant bliss...wish I could find that!

#24 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 02:06 AM

I'll go the weekend without testing with you... A show of solidarity?? lol I mean it. Maybe?? I feel a lot better just seeing the digital positive. I'm trying to focus on the positives, though my husband is a little negative at the moment. He'll come around... he always does, it just takes him a little while. So weird but the miscarriage pregnancy he was the happy one and I was the freaked out, negative one...

#25 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds like a good plan, Nic I woke up before 5am (like I have all week, this is getting reallllly old), and I went and peed as fast as I could before I could think about going and finding something to pee on Now I'm up way too early, but at least I didn't POAS!

#26 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 11:51 AM

I've been up super early all week as well... well.. the last part of the week. I think I got my first faint squinter positive on Wednesday evening. I did pee on the a CBE digital... in my defense it was kind of out of habit.. hehe It says, 'pregnant' so I'm taking that and enjoying it for now. I don't feel half as stressed as I do interpreting lines that's for sure. Though the line progression has been interesting to see.

I have so much work to do, business seems to have picked up this month... yippee. I should probably get started on something before my little one wakes for the day. She's a little pistol!

#27 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Nice about the CBE digi If I had an open box of those, I'd probably pee on one, too, since I can't stress about whether a line is getting darker when it just says "pregnant" -- but the box is still sealed, and I've convinced myself to return that box and the FRERs that are unopened, even though I got such a good deal with the coupons! Hopefully I'll never need them again!

#28 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 01:16 PM

Calihannah, with my first daughter I didn't know I was pregnant until I was ~6 weeks along--because I'd gotten a negative test 2 weeks earlier (and I have PCOS, and at the time hadn't had a period for six months).

I took another Dollar Tree test this morning. The test line isn't very dark, but it's unquestionably there--and as much as I'm peeing I reckon there's not much chance of getting a really dark line.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#29 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 01:34 PM

My m/w drew my blood yesterday for hcg and progesterone. She said she MIGHT get the numbers today and try to email me. Augh!!! I'm sooo antsy to know

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#30 of 55 Old 02-27-2010, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

The waiting is the hardest part! I'm at the lab for the blood draw now, and then I have to wait until Monday...how to pass the time?!?!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page