Cramps in Pelvic Area? Twinges? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all!

I know cramps are supposed to be normal in early pregnancy, but since this is my very first pregnancy, I'm a little on edge about every little twinge and pull. I've got a strange twinge in my lower back / side right beneath my left rib, not to mention the occasional cramp around the ovary area now and then. I'm guessing it's just another normal twinge to feel, but I guess I just need some reassurance. Is anyone else as jumpy as me?

Kesi: 26 year old working mama geek.gif to DS babyboy.gif (8 months). Happily married! 

treehugger.gifRainbow.giffamilybed1.gifnocirc.gif

#2 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 PM

I just found out... last pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage on Christmas Eve. I don't want to feel jumpy about everything... but I can see it happening. lol I'm trying to remain very, very ZEN this go 'round.

And I've got the twinges by my left ovary, I'm assuming that is the ovary that released the egg and perhaps it's burrowing deeper (implantation), getting comfy. At least that's what I'm visualizing.

Congrats!!

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 05:46 PM

Very normal! This is my second pregnancy and I just think of it as everything rearranging in there and hunkering down for the next eight months. So feeling all the pulling and stretching makes me happy.

Congrats!

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

#4 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 05:47 PM

I'm getting those early pregnancy twinges already, had them last time around too. For me it feels like a fullness and kind of like ovulation pains. They're normal, and it's also totally normal to feel jumpy at this stage of the game! I try to ignore them and remind myself that it's all that extra blood flow and the embryo settling in for a long stay!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#5 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reassurance! There's a total rational part of me that knows my uterus needs to stretch and re-arrange to get ready for the next 8 months, but the other half of me jumps and wants to run to the bathroom every time I get another little cramp!

Congratulations to you all too! This is such an exciting time!

*hugs to Nic* So sorry to hear about the MC. I'll try and remain zen with you!

Kesi: 26 year old working mama geek.gif to DS babyboy.gif (8 months). Happily married! 

treehugger.gifRainbow.giffamilybed1.gifnocirc.gif

#6 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 PM

I could have written this post exactly...in fact, I had logged on to do exactly that! I am having one little "stitch" or cramp on and off and on and off, and of course my mind jumps to the worst possible conclusions...I think we need a pregnant after loss thread...

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#7 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 06:37 PM

I am having lots of twinges, but not cramps. It almost feels like the first baby kicks. I tend to feel these kind of twinges when not pregnant, but somehow when pregnant it is more significant, eh? I too am imagining an little embryo getting very comfy. In fact it is good reminder to stop and pray/meditate on what is happening... and feel greatful, I should say.

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
#8 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 08:13 PM

Yes, I've got this going on too, and sometimes it's very sharp and painful! I do remember this from last time around so it doesn’t bother me too much. When it happens though I do take it as a sign to slow down a bit and take it easy. With as much movement and change that is happening down there we're bound to feel something.

Jenn (30) wife to DH (42) and Mama to DS (2). Looking forward to our with #2 due Nov. 2 2010.
#9 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 PM

Same here! And, since my last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, I'm nervous...of course, there weren't any cramps to warn me of that one, so it's kind of a silly worry. This is my fifth pregnancy. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but nope.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#10 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 PM

3rd baby for me, cramps are always part of my ealry pregnancy until around 11 to 12 weeks! try not to stress
#11 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 10:37 PM

I've been having that same feeling of, I guess, fullness, with the occasional twinge in the left ovarian area--wouldn't be so weird except I don't cramp during AF...I keep telling myself not to read too much into it, but I can't really help it! Not testing until 3/6, so I've got a while to agonize...

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
#12 of 23 Old 02-25-2010, 11:52 PM

I have had two miscarriages and never felt twinging or pulls with them - just heavy, heavy cramping when they started (like a heavy period). Even light cramps and spotting can be normal. If you have concerns your midwife can also address them with you

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#13 of 23 Old 02-26-2010, 12:28 AM

During the early weeks of my pregnancies, I always feel a twinge near an ovary when I sneeze. It's a total oddball symptom, but for me it is more telling than a POAS. I sneezed at 8 dpo and told DH I was pregnant... it wasn't until a day or two later that I confirmed it with a POAS!
#14 of 23 Old 03-12-2010, 02:49 PM

I've been feeling some ovary-area twinging, too, although on both sides. Usually when I cough or sneeze. I also have had two previous miscarriages, and with those, I didn't have these twinges, so who knows?
#15 of 23 Old 03-12-2010, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I am having this, too. I did with my last two, so I figure it's normal now. It almost feels like I'm about to start my period, so I freak out and run to the toilet and it's fine. The twinges almost feel like movement-but it's too early for that, so I assume it's just my tilted uterus moving around and gas bubbles?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#16 of 23 Old 03-12-2010, 08:14 PM

I was just thinking of posting the same thing! I've been feeling lots of twinges on my left side near my ovary and I keep freaking out! I've had to mc's before DC2, so I'm a bit paranoid. Trying also to remain zen about it all.

Joyce, mama to DD 3/05 and DS 6/08 cautiously expecting #3 EDD 11/18/10
#17 of 23 Old 03-12-2010, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i am having these too! and since losing Aquila i am finding myself more jumpy than my past pregnancies.i can't wait till my ultrasound on the 1st!!!

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#18 of 23 Old 03-12-2010, 08:48 PM

my crampiness has subsided... i do recall around 10 weeks right in the middle of bad MS that i had some more crampiness with my second daughter.. i dont remember any crampiness with my third..its all so different~

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#19 of 23 Old 03-15-2010, 10:37 PM

I have it too...although my twinges are midline, so more uterus than ovary. Good to know Im not the only one

***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***3 6***40
#20 of 23 Old 03-15-2010, 11:36 PM

I'm having it really badly. It is different from my miscarriages, though - so that makes me feel better. I have a lot of twinges and pulling. If I have any bloating, gas, or intestinal discomfort I notice that it makes it worse. This is #4 for me, and I've read that it gets worse with later pregnancies.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#21 of 23 Old 03-15-2010, 11:51 PM

I've had a few days that were really uncomfortable for me recently... this is my 6th pregnancy, I don't think I had this kind of cramping with the miscarriage though.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#22 of 23 Old 03-17-2010, 11:38 PM

This thread is fantastic. I'm nervous about each little twinge, so I ran in here to find some comfort, and this is great! Thanks everyone. I feel really reassured, and it's a lot of fun to read a bunch of other people in the same boat!
#23 of 23 Old 03-18-2010, 12:45 PM

i have been having the odd twinge and crampiness the last few days.. i know i did with my second pregnancy (quite bad actually)..i don't remember with my other two. i have two minds about it..on one side it makes me comforted to know that something is happening in there.. but on the other side it makes me kind of nervous because you always hear that MC starts with cramps.. they are very mild and usually one a few a day or less.. so i know its unlikely to be a sign of MC but still. i want this wee one so much! of course im queezy and have sore nipples and everything else that points to a viable pregnancy so im really just being silly...

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page