Symptom Check? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 81 Old 03-08-2010, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Falling...asleep...at....my...desk............

That could be pregnancy, or it could be my DD waking me up at 2:45 and wanting to have a full-on conversation about our next trip to Grandma's house, or it could be the hour or so that I was awake after that thanks to an upset stomach from something I ate yesterday...or it could be all of the above. I'm literally thinking of leaving in an hour or so and going home to nap while DD is still at preschool :P

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#62 of 81 Old 03-08-2010, 05:29 PM

Oh, and I'm finding that strange food combos are the only things I want to eat. Today's lunch: tuna mixed with plain yogurt, cucumbers, and lettuce. Bizarre, but I managed to want to eat it.

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#63 of 81 Old 03-08-2010, 06:36 PM

Okay, so I'm finally joining ya'll on the nausea band wagon! I don't feel horrible, but I don't feel great either. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, and when I did get up I didn't feel well. I thought it was just because I needed to eat, but then nothing really sounded good. I had some toast and canned peaches (I heard somewhere once that they are supposed to help with nausea?)...but the sicky feeling didn't go away. It's just been there in a all day like I have a lump in my throat and butterflies in my tummy. I am so hungry, but I can't think of anything that sounds appetizing. Bleh, this is not so much fun. (And whenever I complain about any of my symptoms, DH says, "And you wanted to be pregnant, why?" Not very helpful, huh? )

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
#64 of 81 Old 03-08-2010, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Nausea finally hit at 5w5d... I've had some interesting nighttime battles of the symptoms... Too tired to get out of bed v. Really have to pee v. Starving v. Nothing sounds good because I feel pukey. During Joe's 1st trimester, I was haunted by a nasty burrito I ordered with a frozen mixed veggie rice pilaf in it. I haven't thought about that burrito in close to three years but now it's back!
My girlfriend had a similar experience with a Hawaiian pizza... Anyone else?
#65 of 81 Old 03-08-2010, 08:41 PM

im feeling really mild all day sickness..its just a hint but there for sure.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#66 of 81 Old 03-08-2010, 11:21 PM

Calihannah - those food combos cracked me up. I ate a pickled egg and a tamale for lunch Hungry all the time, still nauseous as well. My jeans were too tight today so I stuck a rubber band around the button hole

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#67 of 81 Old 03-09-2010, 12:28 AM

Today I've felt... blah... I'm exhausted, though I've done nothing at all today. (ok... i take that back, i did get some orders half done)

I'm hungry but nothing sticks out as appetizing. I had oatmeal for breakfast and a sub sandwich for lunch. (yeah.. i'm ok with eating lunch meat)

I had an emotional/hormonally driven meltdown this afternoon. My poor 14 year old caught the brunt of it... but I've since apologized and all seems to be well.

I think said emotional/hormonally driven meltdown caused me to have a headache.... or it could just be the start of the headaches that tend to plague me throughout the first half of pregnancy.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#68 of 81 Old 03-09-2010, 12:47 AM

I feel like I am perpetually in a boat on choppy water. When I shut my eyes it's worse. I'm so tired but I'm not sleeping well due to weird, all night long dreams, and having to pee every few hours.
Okay, for all you Canadians out there, my best dream to date was about curling... expect it was in the ocean? How that works I'll never know but there is definitely a nautical theme to my dreams (which ties in nicely with my nausea!)

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#69 of 81 Old 03-09-2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leurMaman View Post
I ate a pickled egg and a tamale for lunch
Ha, I would kill for a tamale right now. Actually, I think that 5 of them would do the trick!

The last 4 days all I can stand to eat is pizza or things closely similar to pizza, and salad. I’m vegetarian and I wanted to start eating a lot more legumes during this pregnancy for the protein instead of some animal fats like cheese, but there is No Way that is going to happen right now. I don’t know why but the thought of them in particular makes me want to :Puke

Also, I can't really stand to drive in cars anymore. I get really bad motion sickness, which is something that never happens to me when I'm not pregnant.

Jenn (30) wife to DH (42) and Mama to DS (2). Looking forward to our with #2 due Nov. 2 2010.
#70 of 81 Old 03-09-2010, 11:32 AM

Joe'sMama, yep, that happens to my mother whenever she sees anything resembling Rainbow Bright. When I was tiny and she was preggers with my first little sister (there's four of us now) we were on a road trip which she spent a good deal of trying to entertain me with a Rainbow Bright doll while she was nauseated and turned around backwards in the car.

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#71 of 81 Old 03-13-2010, 11:08 AM

STILL no morning sickness at 5w6d, yay!!! Here's hoping I'll escape it this time. But I'm also making sure I eat lots of protein. Seems to help.

I'm huuuuungry. All. The. Time. I'm also nursing a 3 month old round the clock. Which makes it hard to eat as much as I want. (Need to mix up some granola/trail mix.)

I'm tired. All. The. Time. See above about 3 month old. Which makes it hard to sleep as much as I want.

Lore, mom to my sweet little boy, born at home 11/09, and my spunky little girl, born in the hospital 10/10

#72 of 81 Old 03-13-2010, 03:17 PM

I am with moxygirl..

I am sooo tired all day long. Yawning never stops, eyes watering, drifting off tired. Waking up early is killing me. My dogs also tend to bark at any noise and hubby has been talking in his sleep lately..hah. I am a very light sleeper so I wake up when anything is going on. I enjoy sleeping and rest right now because I am so exhausted, but I can't seem to stay asleep. I woke up 3 times just to pee last night!

Boobs are definitely getting sore. (and slightly bigger! woohoo) I'm excited about the growth since I am very small chested. I have been sleeping with s sports bra and that seems to be helping a bit.

As for food, I have hardcore cravings and I am hungry all the time! I've been craving very ethnic foods..thai, indian, arabic, etc. Tonight I am making Coconut Basil Red Curry Thai Soup! Mmm. Eating in the mornings is completely different..I am kinda hungry, kinda not. Nothing seems appetizing at all. I've been a little queasy and had some reflux last night. Hope this doesn't progress! (5 weeks, 3 days) And I've gained weight! AHH. I think most of it is water weight and bloated tummy weight though because my body doesn't look different.

SAHMcrochetsmilie.gif to DS babyf.gif (born naturally 11/5/10) and a loyal dog2.gif
familybed1.gif femalesling.GIF cd.gif goorganic.jpg winner.jpg 

#73 of 81 Old 03-13-2010, 07:47 PM

I'm 6 weeks now. I've been exhausted, but today it could be because I just stopped taking stimulants to treat my ADD. I've also had nausea every morning, which was a major sign for me. Then, two or three days ago, I leaked breastmilk (colostrum?). Just one drop, but my youngest has been weaned since October and I was all dried up, so I knew that had to be a sign, too.

Michelle, Christian , sahm, homeschooling , breastfeeding , no vax, blogging , photographer mom with ADD and Social Anxiety Disorder Mom to 4 boys, 3 girls.
#74 of 81 Old 03-13-2010, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Today my lemon and ginger tea is making me nauseous. sigh.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#75 of 81 Old 03-14-2010, 11:04 AM

yesterday i woke up feeling pretty off, had a busy day out of the house and couldn't eat much of anything (drank lots of tea though) when i got home i cooked and ate supper and after that felt very queezy. it was just sitting there in my belly feeling gross..that and i was burping garlic. EW! it was all yummy and homemade (by me) but still, even hours later i feel ill from it. i don't know how i will eat today. blech. i guess the MS is finally setting in. stupid thing to be happy about, huh!

other than that im exhausted. my baby woke up in the night to get her diaper changed then wouldn't put another one on (she has a hate on for diapers, especially cloth which is all we have currently) so it took me 20 minutes fo her screaming to convince her it was a good idea. she is now fast asleep and i am awake..and the time changed so its even later than it should be..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#76 of 81 Old 03-14-2010, 03:00 PM

I am so hot in the early morning... I wake up and it feels like I have a fever. I think I even changed my daughters temp just by having her next to me.

I've had moments of nausea but nothing awful yet. Usually if I eat too much or ignore that I'm hungry for too long. I'm wondering if it's going to pick up at all this time around or if perhaps I'll get a reprieve. I actually seem to have more of an appetite than anything.

Still peeing quite a bit. I think I was up 3 or 4 times last night to go and still felt like my bladder was busting when I got out of bed this morning.

My breasts still seem tender but not quite as tender as they were a few days ago. My supply seems to go up and down quite a bit but I know I'm nowhere near as abundant as I was a few weeks ago.

I am so flippin' tired. That seems to be my most prohibitive symptom so far. I really didn't move from the couch much at all yesterday.

ooh... and gassy. I'm so gassy, I feel sorry for my family.

I'm listing these all out so I can see that I do indeed have pregnancy symptoms. Just because I'm not puking profusely doesn't mean there is something wrong.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#77 of 81 Old 03-14-2010, 07:05 PM

every time i eat i burp that taste for hours after.... nasty gross!

Quote:

#78 of 81 Old 03-14-2010, 09:55 PM

I really don't have too many symptoms yet. Every pregnancy of mine has been completely different so I never know what's going to happen.

The biggest one so far has been the bloating. I don't remember having that with any of my others. It seems to get worse throughout the day. I was having some odd feeling in my pelvic area. I really don't know how to explain it, but it just felt heavy or something. Certain smells bother me too. The smell of dh's cereal reminded me of puke. That's what led me to buy the test in the first place.

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#79 of 81 Old 03-15-2010, 09:32 AM

Every time I stand up too fast, cough, or roll over in bed I get ligament pains on the sides of my uterus. I have a tipped uterus, so as it swells up and comes forward the ligaments are stretching. This was the very first sign (even before AF was due) that made me go AHA! something is happening down there.

Other than that, mild yuck feeling that I wouldn't even call nausea yet. MS kicked in at 7 weeks with the last two, so I'm figuring I still have a couple weeks to go before I'm in for it

NortheastSuperstar
Three boys and a sweet toddling girl joy.gif
#80 of 81 Old 03-15-2010, 10:01 AM

So very, very tired. I feel like hibernating. I took on a bunch of assignments for work well before my positive test, and now I'm kicking myself as the deadlines approach.

I've also got the bionic sense of smell thing going. Walking downtown, I swear I could smell every dish made by every restaurant as I passed by. Wonder if this is what it's like to be a dog?

Oh, and my husband and I watched Up the other day (ohsocute)... I was full-on weeping by about 2 minutes in. Not like me at all.

Skeptical scribbling dorkophile.
#81 of 81 Old 03-15-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonar View Post
So very, very tired. I feel like hibernating. I took on a bunch of assignments for work well before my positive test, and now I'm kicking myself as the deadlines approach.

I've also got the bionic sense of smell thing going. Walking downtown, I swear I could smell every dish made by every restaurant as I passed by. Wonder if this is what it's like to be a dog?

Oh, and my husband and I watched Up the other day (ohsocute)... I was full-on weeping by about 2 minutes in. Not like me at all.

yup, my sense of smell is growing stronger by the day! and im super weepy but in a happy kind of way..agreed, up is so cute and sad too..perfect tear jerker combo.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page