Symptom Check? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2010, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey! It's so interesting to think that we all conceived within days of one another. I was just wondered how you're all feeling, and when you started to feel pregnant in whatever way.

Me? I'm 4.5 weeks right now, exhausted during the daytime, having trouble getting to sleep at night, sore and majorly bodacious bbs, just a very small amount of passing nausea so far. The bbs just keep growing and growing, DH was away for a week and (haha) has been pawing at me ever since he came home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2010, 12:53 AM

Nausea is big over here. It's not too bad yet--for me, anyway. I can still function through it.

I don't know if my breasts are getting bigger yet or not--they're not exactly small to start with (I'm an F-cup)--but my aureolae are definitely darkening, and they're much more sensitive.

The everything-tastes-funky time is here too. DF & I went to one of my favorite restaurants last night, and it all tasted weird.

A craving for scrambled eggs cooked in butter was actually among my very first pregnancy symptoms.

Certain *ahem* areas of my body are becoming more sensitive too. Certain activities are already more fun. Which is an acceptable trade-off for the whole nausea thing.

I am tired, and becoming more stupid by the day. I spent most of the afternoon thinking today was Sunday...

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

Old 02-28-2010, 01:08 AM

Not too much over here... a few waves of nausea. My breasts are larger... I'm more sensitive in fun areas, too. LOL Peeing more! More irritable at times, emotional at others. Oh! One of the first things I noticed was my areolas darkening, I kept asking my hubby... do they look a different color??? Another one of my first signs was 'dog nose', I swear everything smells so much stronger. I also have had a craving for eggs... but my cravings have been for the hard boiled variety.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:53 AM

I somehow forgot the peeing thing! I'm peeing constantly, at least once an hour, usually more than that...

Oh, and my uterus feels heavy. It's weird. Maybe, since this is my fifth pregnancy, things are stretching out faster? I dunno.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

Old 02-28-2010, 03:46 AM

I'm having full-on symptoms. I'm not sure about my bbs darkening. They might be slightly more sensitive. I have nausea in the mornings - but very manageable, except after my prenatals. I'm having to take them dispersed through the day and not close together. I have been craving red meat and eggs. Things smell stronger. I'm really, really drowsy (as if I took benadryl). My skin is slightly broken out on my chin (normal for my pregnancies and hormone changes). That's it! I feel pretty preggo!

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 03:50 AM

My ute feels rather odd as well... and I'm having some round ligament stretching going on. Nursing has been uncomfortable and I can't even tolerate her twiddling.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:50 AM

I can't tell if the icky tummy I have going on is heartburn/acid tummy or nausea. It's been pretty consistent since last week though, way before I got a positive on a test.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:20 AM

I've been having a lot of symptoms for about a week now. The first was round ligament pain. I'm also really bloated and look like I'm 8 weeks pregnant already. I have no idea how long I'll be able to hide this from our friends. I have also been peeing a lot which is unusual for me early in pregnancy. I'm wondering if my tilted uterus flipped already. I've been craving eggs though I'm partial to eggs in a basket. Breastfeeding my 3 year old is already terribly painful, and I've had to start telling her "no" more than I want to.

It seems like my symptoms start earlier with every pregnancy. I don't have any nausea yet. It would be wonderful if I could skip that symptom this time around.

Loving my dh, two girls ages 6 and 3 and my baby boy born on Halloween 2010. Missing my angel 9/08
Old 02-28-2010, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

I'll third the craving for eggs (and bran flakes with banana). Interestingly enough, I used the Bradley Method during pregnancy and labor for DS and followed the Blue Ribbon Baby diet. On that diet, you're supposed to eat two eggs each day. I had a hard time eating so many eggs toward the end, but at this point it doesn't seem like it will be an issue!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:43 AM

I feel super pregnant. Nausea was the first thing to arrive, and it's now evolving to not being able to keep much down. However, it gets worse as the day wears on. Mornings aren't too bad yet. I get super tired around 7:30 now, and wake up at the crack of dawn! My bbs are slightly tender but nothing too bad. The worst of it has to be the cramping though. It doesn't really hurt but it makes me jumpy.

Kesi: 26 year old working mama geek.gif to DS babyboy.gif (8 months). Happily married! 

treehugger.gifRainbow.giffamilybed1.gifnocirc.gif

Old 02-28-2010, 03:37 PM

Another vote for super sense of smell. That came before my BFP! I didn't get that this early with DS. We went to the zoo this week. I won't be doing that again until my sense of smell calms down.

Other than that, some bloating, and needing tums here and there. And of course all the pulling and stretching going on around the uterus. And uh...yeah. There is more CM now. I keep thinking AF is starting!

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

Old 02-28-2010, 08:33 PM

Had to pop in and share today since DH and I are not telling anyone yet...so there is no one here I can complain with! Thankfully, I have not had any nausea yet...I could really do without that one!

The first symptom that I noticed (and that made me start wondering if I was preggers in the first place) was my nipples were really tender. One of my cats walked across my chest when I was laying down one night, and it really hurt! The soreness isn't as bad now, but they are still pretty sensitive. They also feel heavier/fuller to me, making it uncomfortable to go braless.

Another earlier symptom was extreme moodiness...it was really bad. Poor DH could hardly stand to be around me, and I can't blame him! I didn't want to be around myself! I've felt much better emotionally for the last few days, though...hopefully that will continue! I've had some gassiness, and I've definitely been feeling the urge to use the bathroom more often. I had no idea all this started so early! Oh, and my appetite...bring me food, now! My problem is, I've never been a big eater at meals, so I get full fast, but then I'm hungry again in an hour or two. And I'm another one that has been wanting eggs alot. We also just bought a split side of beef from a local rancher, so I'm well stocked in red meat!

The only other thing that has been noticeable is a general lack of energy throughout the day. I'm still getting the things done that I need to and walking our dog every day, but I'm not as enthused about it all as I'd like to be! I'm planning to do quite a bit of gardening this summer, and I hope that I don't regret that. I am going to need some energy from somewhere!

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
Old 02-28-2010, 10:26 PM

Lets see... I'm a couple weeks past O, and I'm drooling as much as my teething 2yo. Oh, I'm just about as emotional as he is, too. My tummy is growling for me to eat every 90 minutes, I'm actually craving veggies--that's a first. Been a little nauseous, been a little tired. My breasts sure haven't grown at all (it would be nice if they looked a little more full after these 4 years of bfing), but they are sore, and my milk supply has decreased. My uterus is "hot" feeling--something goin' on in there I guess!

I'm having fun with this, despite feeling all the weird first trimester stuff. I'm really excited. So convinced it will be a girl, but DH says he will fall over in disbelief if it is (no girls for the males in his family for over 100 years!).

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:07 AM

Crampy/bloated/gassy feeling. Moody/emotional.. Tired (but that could be from not sleeping at night!)... Strong sense of smell. Not too much else at this point. When I was pg with DS the only symptom I had this early was bigger breasts. But they're bigger now that when I was pg with him because he's still nursing so I don't know if they're any bigger or not.. Oh, and this morning I had a hard time drinking my coffee (also a symptom with DS) and couldn't eat more than a few bites of my breakfast.. I was really nauseous from week 6-17 with DS.. hoping it isn't as bad this time around, since I have a toddler to run after!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 03-01-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
But they're bigger now that when I was pg with him because he's still nursing so I don't know if they're any bigger or not..
They'll get bigger. Three kids in four years took me from a DDD to a J.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:13 AM

Today was a low symptom day... really I think the only thing that I felt in abundance was overly sensitive nips and I had to take a nap this evening, wasn't a long nap but totally necessary. There's a part of me that is really hoping I have some obvious symptoms soon because I feel really nervous overall right now.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Mine went the otherway. I have nursed two kids and have been nursing for 5 1/2 years. Mine went from a DD to barely a B. Maybe this pregnancy will plump them back up.

Loving my dh, two girls ages 6 and 3 and my baby boy born on Halloween 2010. Missing my angel 9/08
Old 03-01-2010, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Demeter~ View Post
Today was a low symptom day... really I think the only thing that I felt in abundance was overly sensitive nips and I had to take a nap this evening, wasn't a long nap but totally necessary. There's a part of me that is really hoping I have some obvious symptoms soon because I feel really nervous overall right now.
Those days really get to me too. I've been feeling like I've got a bit more energy also, and my temp this am was a tenth lower than I would have liked. I immediately did a POAS and got an rapid and really dark BFP. I'm craving info on this little one right now, and my body is not providing a clear picture of what's going on. I think I'm going to see if I can do some betas this week. Here's to a day filled with nausea, bloating, moodiness, sore bbs and drowsiness for the both of us!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagesgirl View Post
Wow! Mine went from barely a B to a C while pg with DS. Then somewhere around a DD, and now around a D.

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 03-01-2010, 12:10 PM

I have had nausea since the day I got my BFP, a week ago. I just got over a week long bout of really terrible diarrhea from food poisoning. It was scary, as well as completely exhausting, with all the nausea, inability to eat and/or keep anything in my system. I lost 4 lbs since the BFP. Now it's just back to the nausea. It was the same with DS. The days when it subsides I start to worry and actually start hoping for it again. Perhaps my nausea is psychosomatic! I also have a really hard time with food. Most of the time I want nothing to do with any type of food, then something will appear in front of me, and I devour it. Last night it was a Cuban sandwich that my husband brought home for DS. Luckily the sandwich is big enough to feed 3!
I have almost no change in my breasts, and I remember that took a little longer last time, too. I am jealous of all you craving eggs. I wish! They are so good for you in pregnancy, and I can't even imagine eating one...
Old 03-01-2010, 03:51 PM

I'm right with you ladies who are wishing for more symptoms...I am so nervous all the time, and any signs that I'm really pg would be really, really welcome.

...and all of that worry even *with* good beta numbers!

That being said, the smell of toast nearly pushed me over the edge on Saturday and again today, but that could be psychosomatic too...

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
Old 03-01-2010, 04:09 PM

It would seem it's more common to have more symptoms start around week 6.... I'm holding on to that. I'm hungry more, I've noticed. I'm so nervous, though, about another miscarriage. I've read all I can about the rates of repeat miscarriages and that is calming to a degree. Statistically, my chances are low. Trying to hold onto that (though I suppose these concerns would best be addressed in the PAL thread, yeah?)

Old 03-01-2010, 04:11 PM

My symptoms have started right in this time...queasy, dizzy, tired. I also cry at the drop of a hat ( I'm convinced that the hormones come out of my eyeballs). I am also very annoyed with myself because we went downhill skiing yesterday and I got nauseated and then had a bout of vertigo at the top of a steep bit and had to go down the sled with the ski patrol. How embarrassing. Guess my ski season is over and it's on to more tame exercise. Seriously, what a bad time and place to start having symptoms.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
Old 03-01-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Demeter~ View Post
It would seem it's more common to have more symptoms start around week 6.... I'm holding on to that. I'm hungry more, I've noticed. I'm so nervous, though, about another miscarriage. I've read all I can about the rates of repeat miscarriages and that is calming to a degree. Statistically, my chances are low. Trying to hold onto that (though I suppose these concerns would best be addressed in the PAL thread, yeah?)
Good point -- let's move some of this discussion to the PAL thread -- keep this place a little more chipper for those ladies who don't want to live and breathe our nervousness....

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:13 PM

Okay - way TMI, but I started to feel like I could get a hemmorhoid yesterday! Augh! My friend had them all through her trimester and I didn't understand. I only had them once after DS's birth (I pushed for 3 hours to birth a 10.5 lb boy, what did I expect)? Anyway, it went away and turned out to be nothing, but now I have to be REALLY careful. Isn't that weird? I know it is one of the symptoms, but COME ON!

Still nauseous - so have to really space out prenatals. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE every single symptom since this is my last time to be pregnant (most likely). After these 9 months those things will suck more, hehehe.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
Old 03-01-2010, 10:28 PM

Cramping for over a week, insomnia, heavy breasts nipples starting to get super sensitive, waves of nausea/dizziness, heavy feeling in uterus, smells beginning to bother me.

Mary, wife to Christian, mama to Ale (5/31/07), and thrilled to be expecting #2 in November 2010
Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

LeurMaman-

Are you doing your pelvic rocking on all fours and squatting? I seem to remember they're both supposed to help with bum issues.

Signed,
a Bradley mama
Old 03-01-2010, 10:54 PM

I have one sore nipple and one semi-sore nipple. Is it totally wrong that I keep checking to see if they're sore, LOL?

Old 03-01-2010, 11:00 PM

My right nip is quite a bit more tender and sensitive than my left nip. And I keep checking, too.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:35 PM

I have my SPD back again and am already having to use my support belt and crutches. Otherwise the odd bit of nausea here and there, darkening nips and linea nigra.

Carla xxx
Mum to Matilda Jane (19/12/06), Henry James (2/2/05 - 26/2/05) and Angel Suzie (17/6/04)

User Tag List