Mothering Forum banner

Exercise Accountability Thread - March

977 views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  loonar 
#1 ·
Howdy, ladies! Here's where we can keep accountable to each other about keeping our bodies moving. Morning sickness, exhaustion, and smell aversions are no reason to go into hibernation during the first trimester, no matter how much we may want to!

So come on over and report your daily or weekly exercise here

Today: I did my Pilates Reformer class, though I did ask the instructor to take it easy on me about halfway through the hour-long class. I didn't tell her why, though it was pretty clear that I was dragging today for some reason!

I'm going to try to go on a long walk at my lunch break tomorrow.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ooh, I need this. I am so out of shape after a winter of little activity, poor diet, and fertility drugs. It's above freezing this week so I've been going out on walks with DD every day, and I mean to sign up for some pregnant aquasize a little later on. I'm sad I won't be able to ride my bike this summer, but I'm hoping to do some easy hikes, and work in my garden every day (but it's still 2 1/2 months until planting time here, darn
Canadian weather!)

#3 ·
Prenatal yoga yesterday, going for an hour walk in about ten minutes today. My plan is daily walking or bicycle riding & prenatal yoga hopefully every other day at home with 1 instructed class on the weekend.

#4 ·
Oh how I need this forum..hah. It'll keep me on track!

I do yoga as much as possible and sometimes go on a nice 4 mile route walk in the morning. I haven't gone in a while because I didn't want to lower any chances of getting pregnant this cycle. I know..I'm super worried. And I will be until I can see the heartbeat. Just want my little bean to stick! Anyone else worried?

On the weekends I go to the beach and usually end up walking a long long ways to my perfect spot. (walking in sand for a long time is pretty hard!) I then swim for a while (used to be a swimming coach).

#5 ·
awesome! I did 30 mins cardio on the eliptical today and then light weights at the gym. My heart is irregular, though, and I noticed it skipping a few beats and then some sharp pain in my left arm at that time. It did this a couple of weeks ago. What's up with that?

#6 ·
I started up jogging after a 10 year break. I'd only been at it a couple weeks, and enjoying it so much, and then I got pregnant. Anyway, I figure I have a few good weeks left that I can do it, so I've been going for short jogs any chance I can get. Also, been going for walks. Hope to do some water aerobics when the jogging needs to stop. It seems like the only time I use the community pool is when I am pregnant, so I'm looking forward to that.

#7 ·
Mandi- I'd maybe talk with doc about that and possibly avoid the cardio until then. I'm a cardiac nurse and they may want you to do an excercise stress test to make sure you don't have something going on with your heart. Its probably from the all the changes that are going on but it being your heart its pretty important thing to make sure nothing wrong is going on.

#8 ·
Ok no real excercise for me. Its just so darn cold here. I am really looking forward to spring, I was planning on going for our daily 4 mile long walks. We live in the country and with the dirt roads and the snow etc its just too hard to get out in this freezing cold weather. Within the next month I'm hoping to really get out and about more.

I also work on a busy cardiac floor so I pretty much run for 12 horus straight at work. So that counts right?

#9 ·
Hi! I'm new to being pregnant, and would like to stay active. I'm hoping to do as much yoga, walking, and cycling at the gym as I can--my normal activities--plus lots of gardening. I have a tear in my right bicep tendon so my physical activity has already been greatly reduced/changed over the past year, which has been a real struggle because I used to love to do ashtanga yoga five days a week... it was how I stayed at peace with myself. But I guess things just keep changing and all I can do is try to keep calm and keep my body moving somehow! I'm hoping my shoulder will recover so I can do a little strength-building before the baby arrives. I'm curious to see what will happen to my body. At the moment I'm laying off the ab exercises because I'm afraid... is that reasonable? Or should I be doing lots of abs while I can?

#10 ·
I've been told that any ab work that is comfortable is okay until ~12ish weeks. I've been doing Pilates several times a week without any pain, so I'm going to keep doing that while I can -- a strong core makes the rest of pregnancy so much more comfortable!

#11 ·
I am definitely in!! With my last pregnancy, I thought I did pretty well by walking 20-30 mins most days, but this time I am determined to be alot more proactive, especially with keeping my upper body toned. And this time I weigh about 15 lbs less than my prepregnancy weight the first time around. I am so much healthier and I am going to stay that way! So no excuses here! Took DD on an hour walk in the Kelty hiking backpack yesterday and did some abs. I am SO PUMPED about spring weather coming - and being outside, going on walks, and chasing the toddler girl around!!

#13 ·
I finally started getting back in shape and now I'm here.

I am trying to figure out what's ok that I've been doing: C25K, leisurely bike riding, Jillian Michaels DVDs, Capoiera (DVD-not sparring), belly dance...I want to keep it up so I can actually have energy to move this pregnancy!

#15 ·
I had such high hopes for this weekend...but instead I curled up on the couch and played "tent" with DD under the blankets since I didn't feel much like moving

#16 ·
Does it count if you don't really get a choice about it.
I walk DD1 to school 4 days a week because we only have 1 car. It works out to be around 4 miles a day. I think I will hold off on the ab exercises as I can already feel the top of my uterus.

#20 ·
I tend to like GAIAM videos, but that's just me

I also have and like this prenatal workout DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product (Tracey Mallet).

My goal is to get outside and walk as much as possible. Starting tomorrow, LOL. Just kidding -- maybe today -- but DD is home sick, so I'm not sure how that's going to go.

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
It looks like Tracy Anderson's DVD is post-pregnancy. Is that safe for prenatal exercise?
Whoops, preggo brain kicking in already! I meant to link to this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Tracey Mallet, not Tracy Anderson. I have both and got confused

I'll go edit the other post now.

#23 ·
i don't drive, so i walk everywhere..though our town is pretty tiny! we do walk up a very large hill most days..either pushing or carrying a baby or buggy. does that count as cardio?

i love hiking and will be doing lots of gardening and outside activity now that spring is on its way!

i also plan to start prenatal yoga soon.. im excited about that!

#26 ·
Found a decent prenatal yoga class twice a week. I've been walking to and from for about an hour's total walk. Really, I'm just trying to make a point of walking everywhere.

I don't know if I'll be able to keep up the yoga if I get any sicker. Between the uneasy tummy and the exhaustion it's sometimes a struggle just to walk up a flight of stairs. Not that I'm complaining -- it's so reassuring to feel symptoms! Just not sure how I'm going to stay active, which is so important for my mental health.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.