I got a Doula so psyched - Mothering Forums

#1 of 13 Old 03-26-2010, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I made up my mind to hire the nurse/doula on my OBGYn's office to labor with me and help me with my 1st vbac I am so excited i just wanted to tell the world , but no one knows I am preggo expecpt DH and 20mthold DD hehe

I got all my blood work back
my A1c is kinda high but I excepted that
hcg 1336
prog 30
t4 1.26
thy 4.160 normal toward the high end
a1c 5.5 higher end of normal

look normal compared to the online charts, but I am no expert.
Mondays my Endo visit to check my synthroid and my Hasimotos woo hoo

thanks for letting me tell you all my baby news. I cant wait to tell my friends and family on Easter woo hoo.

Mommy to AnnaLee Betty Born July 4th 2008
and my Fur Baby Natasha my Great Dane Boxer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 03-26-2010, 07:16 PM

Congrats!

I'm seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist for Hashimotos and blood clotting issues. I have to go every 2-3 months to get my levels checked. Do you have to do this as well with your Hashimotos? I hope your pregnancy is great and enjoyable!

Wife to my wonderful man, mommy to DS 02/2005, DD 12/2006, DS 07/2008, Matthew 10/4/2009, 2 and Due 11/2010!!
#3 of 13 Old 03-26-2010, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

thanks blessed_mama

i don't know yet, I am seeing a reg. Edno THis is the 1st pregnancy with the Hashimotos. So I will find out on Monday.

I had to go to maternal Fetal medicine at the hospital every week with my DD cause I am high risk and I was an insulin Diabetic when preggo. but I waited forever like a hour or more each time. cant do that with a 1.5 yrd old. so I found an Endo who treats GD and he found my Hashimotos after my DD was born. Good luck, This is so new to me.

Bless you and good luck, hope we can chat more on our journey.

#4 of 13 Old 03-26-2010, 08:12 PM

I don't want to sound rude, so please don't take it that way, but make sure you're confident that your OB will support your VBAC and your birth plan, because if the Doula works for the OB, it seems unlikely that she would be willing to go against them for you.

Either way, congratulations on your pregnancy and on finding a Doula so soon! I know that the support they provide can make a world of difference for your birth.
#5 of 13 Old 03-26-2010, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

nah not rude at all, thats y where all here, but anywhoo my ob is super supportive and has the highest success rate of vbac in the area.
he is super super cool and is all about what I want to do.
So I am lucky, I got a Doula cause in NJ they have a high C-sec rate and i'm GD I need to have some one advocate for me while I am in labor, the nurses at the Hospital last time where beyond clueless. would not let me eat but keep pumping me with insulin
so anywhoo wooo hooooo

#6 of 13 Old 03-26-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel10 View Post
Bless you and good luck, hope we can chat more on our journey.
Thank you! I look forward to chatting as well I'm glad you found an endo as the whole hospital trip with a 1.5 yr old doesn't sound like the best, especially every week!

This is my first pregnancy actively treating issues. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos before getting married and having babies, but never had any issues during my first 3 pregnancies. Now that we've lost 3 babies, we found the blood clotting issue as well. I'm on baby aspirin for the clotting and nothing as of right now for my thyroid. I'm hoping to still have a HBAC as I did with my dd and ds2 (my ds1 was a C-section at 34 weeks). I'm supposed to be talking to the doctor next week, so we'll see. My OB is very supportive of home birth and my natural preferences, I love her! Anyway, I'm glad you have a supportive doctor. I hope you have a wonderful VBAC and healthy pregnancy!

Wife to my wonderful man, mommy to DS 02/2005, DD 12/2006, DS 07/2008, Matthew 10/4/2009, 2 and Due 11/2010!!
#7 of 13 Old 03-27-2010, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

blessed_mama thanks you too!
My very good friend from childhood has Hashimotos very bad, and like you suffered so may great losses. But I wanted to tell you over the summer she delivered a set of beautiful Baby boys. They were preterm and but they are huge now and have not a thing wrong with them except being spoiled with love.

I would LOVE LOVE to birth at home, and I think my OB would be on board with whatever I wanted, but i dont think my husband or family would be very supportive and not sure insurance would cover me or the baby if I did. Home births look and sound so beautiful.

I had to hop thru rings of fire to get him to cough up the dough for my Doula. I just want to be able to reach down and feel my child. I want to nurse asap, and I want to be the 1st person in he world to hold my child this time.

anywho my DD is up form her nap. Hope we can stay in touch about our Hasi stuff. I'll keep you posted after my Monday appt.

#8 of 13 Old 03-28-2010, 12:19 AM

My biggest regret with my daughter's birth was not having a doula. My gf used one a month later and had such an amazing experience I'm going to use the same one. Congrats on getting one and having an ob to support your birth choices.

Me-33 DH-31, beautiful baby Audrey, born 12-10-08, expecting number two this November!
#9 of 13 Old 03-28-2010, 02:16 AM

I'm so excited for you! This is my first time having a doula, too! Mine is also a friend of mine, so I am very comfortable with her and know her birthing philosophy well.

Michelle, Christian , sahm, homeschooling , breastfeeding , no vax, blogging , photographer mom with ADD and Social Anxiety Disorder Mom to 4 boys, 3 girls.
#10 of 13 Old 03-28-2010, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

eastcoastgirl - Awesome, glad you found one too! Where on the East Coast are you. I am in Rockland Co NY and I am delivering in NJ.

sioleabha - How awesome to have a friend as a Doula what a double blessing. to have a Doula dn to have a friend with you while you Birth.

#11 of 13 Old 03-28-2010, 01:38 PM

I'm a postpartum doula and I work with a large group of birth doulas. Doulas are wonderful, simply put. For anyone who doesn't know about doulas, check out dona.org for complete information about what a doula can do in labor/birth and then in postpartum. My doula will be with us again, and we wouldn't do it without her!

Mary, wife to Christian, mama to Ale (5/31/07), and thrilled to be expecting #2 in November 2010
#12 of 13 Old 03-28-2010, 10:11 PM

I am a labor doula.. so excited to be pregnant, already going through withdrawel for the births I will be missing postpartum!

If any of you have doula-related questions or would like referrals for the NJ Tri state area, I'd be happy to be a resource.

Carolyn

Mom to Liam 9/06, spirit baby 3/09, and identical twins Mateo and Sebastian 10/11namaste.gif

#13 of 13 Old 03-28-2010, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

thanks Doula Mommas. so sweet.

budwana birth - since you are in NJ so you have your worked with any one in the Valley Hospital.

I recently noticed they changed their web site to read Holistic/Doula friendly.

I am hoping they are a lil better with my GD and respecting my wishes that is why I choose to have a Doula with me. I need a bit more support this time around.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page