if this is #2, are you showing already? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am 7 weeks, and i ALREADY have a bump. it looks like a potential homer simpson "been hittin the beer and doughnuts" belly, and a friend said she didn't notice, but a couple others who know have greeted me with squawks of "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE SHOWING ALREADY!"

with my daughter, i didn't look like this until 16 weeks! is this normal? i am trying to keep this quiet for another 5 weeks, and at this rate it's going to be impossible! i'm sort of afraid there are a billion babies in there, so if anyone else can chime in with experience of showing MUCH more quickly the second time around, i would love to hear it!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#2 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 12:27 AM

This is pregnancy #6 for me.... needless to say I'm definitely showing. Funny thing is.... my family who see me regularly are apparently clueless OR they think I'm getting fat no one has said a darn word about it. At this point I'm just waiting for someone to notice.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

lol! yeah, i think i could pass for fat. or a bloated beer gut.

i've heard many mamas say that the showing immediately thing happened with pregnancy #3 and beyond, but not with #2! i've heard that you show sooner, but i didn't think it would be THIS soon. with #1, i passed for fat/beer-soaked until like 22 weeks or so!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#4 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 07:44 AM

Each time I think I showed earlier. With DS1 ... I started to get a belly at 13-14 weeks but didn't "show" or wear maternity clothes to close to 19 weeks. With my 2nd I started showing by 12 weeks. With 3rd by 10 weeks (was obviously pg by 14 weeks). Now ... I'm around 7 wks and look pg -- even to DH, who now thinks it is twins because of the "belly". I have lost all the weight in between pg -- so it isn't that. It is like my body remembers what I look like during pg and got me there quicker. DH says (based on old belly photos from other pgs) that I look at least 11 or 12 weeks with number 2 and 3.
#5 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 08:52 AM

Definitely. My body weight seems to shift straight to the center of my tummy and hips the moment I become pregnant. It's pretty crazy. But I was looking at myself in the mirror and pictures from DD and yeah I feel the same way, that I look now more like I did closer to 15 wks with her.

My body remembers well and is getting all proportioned already! lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#6 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 09:13 AM

6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd. I was really bloated around 5 which actually made me kinda of look like I was showing but now nothing. We will see I was hoping not to show till at least around 10 weeks. Still haven't told my boss.

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
#7 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 10:40 AM

With my #2 I was showing the second I peed on the stick. Pants were snug at 5 weeks, and by 7 weeks I couldn't fit in anything. By 10 weeks maternity pants fit great.

This time around I'm following a similar trend---I have one pair of pants that I can still button (6w4d). Bella band is my friend!

I've heard that the position of your uterus can greatly affect how quickly you show, and I know that mine is a bit tipped forward, thus making me pop faster.

Just know you're not alone!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

#8 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 11:30 AM

Yup, this is child #4 for me, and I'm definitely showing. It's mostly showing all the weight I haven't lost in between babies, but I can't suck it in!

With #2, I definitely showed earlier than #1, maybe at around 9 weeks? Can't remember exactly...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#9 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 AM

i didn't show with my first until about 15 weeks, then with number 2 and 3 around 12 weeks. this time around i was showing at 8 weeks for sure!
#10 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 AM

Yep, 9 weeks and a little bump.

I have a picture of me at 17 weeks with DD and I still had ab definition. I could have passsed as not pregnant until about 6 months.

Not this time.

Meghan, Married to Scott, Mother to Audrey- 2, and Expecting Nov 10th
#11 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 11:50 AM

Yeah - I have the lovely bloat baby, too. Since the uterus is still buried down by the pubic bone, it's kind of a bummer that what is showing is the intestines being pushed up -- and out due to increased muscle relaxing from hormones.

Unless, of course, you have two or three of them in there

NortheastSuperstar
Three boys and a sweet toddling girl joy.gif
#12 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheastSuperstar View Post
Since the uterus is still buried down by the pubic bone, it's kind of a bummer that what is showing is the intestines being pushed up -- and out due to increased muscle relaxing from hormones.
I was wondering what the heck was going on, since I knew the uterus was still small and under the pubic bone. Kind of gross that it's my intestines that are "showing"!

I'm almost seven weeks and definitely showing. It does look like I've just gotten fat, though, and I've been trying to cover it up when I go out with a jacket, but now that we've had some nice days I won't be able to do that without suffering from heatstroke. Luckily we're planning on telling people this weekend -- then I can let it all hang out. Maybe I'll have DS1 go around ahead of me and tell people I'm pregnant so they don't have to wonder.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#13 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 02:46 PM

my first "symptom" was feeling really bloated-thinking I needed to lose a little weight. It all made sense when I got that positive test. I am 9 weeks and yesterday I wore a kind of clingy t-shirt and there is just no question anymore. At all. I am anxious to get to the midwife next week and hear the heartbeat, so I can really "let it all hang out". I am sort of superstitious about buying or wearing anything maternity until then. Of course, the baby is supposedly the size of a grape right now, which means that I am probably "showing" the results of trying to eat my way out of nausea.
Also, I forgot how expensive maternity clothing is and how poorly it fits! Ahhh!

Mama to DD (10/8/08) and expecting someone new in November!
#14 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 02:48 PM

If it makes u feel better this is #2 for me and i am 7 weeks and I had to make my own bella band to keep waring my clothing, my pants do not button and my tummy is swelling. and my scale is tipping, which blows my mind cause I cant eat a thing I am so nauseated ,,,, I guess we all develop at our own rate, but either way 5 day, 5 weeks 5 mths a baby belly is a baby belly and they are all just so beautiful

Mommy to AnnaLee Betty Born July 4th 2008
and my Fur Baby Natasha my Great Dane Boxer
#15 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 02:53 PM

I showed early with my first! Granted, I had miscarriages before I had Wyatt, so maybe that made me show earlier when I was pregnant with him? Either way, I definitely had a little bump going by 7-8 weeks with Wyatt, and by 12 weeks, I was clearly pregnant. This time I feel bigger, but I think that's more because my tummy hadn't quite gotten back to pre pregnancy condition before I got pregnant again, so I'm a bit jiggly and bloated

Either way, pregnant with my first, I was in maternity clothes at 8 weeks and had people INSISTING I was pregnant with twins/triplets. And he was only 8 lbs! Some people just show early/different/bigger

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
#16 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My pants are getting tight (especially straight out of the wash), but I'm not showing, per say. I won't really show to the casual observer till 2nd or 3rd trimester, though. Consider yourselves lucky...

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#17 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 04:14 PM

this is pregnancy #7 for me & I'm over weight anyways ... so I always look pregnant ... I haven't noticed any real changes as of yet but I'm only 6 weeks. Because of the extra weight it takes me longer to 'show' to most people ~ but I make up for it in the end with a HUGE belly that makes everyone go ... how many babies are you having!?!

~Bekah~ wife to Richard ~ mom to 4 on earth & 4 in heaven
20****25****30****35***40
#18 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 04:32 PM

i'm 8w2d and I'm definitely bigger already. It's my fourth pregnancy, and like pp, each one shows sooner.

But I'm still heavy from my last pregnancy/extended nursing (unlike most people, I stay heavy until I wean!) so everyone probably just thinks I'm getting fat(ter) LOL!
#19 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
My pants are getting tight (especially straight out of the wash), but I'm not showing, per say. I won't really show to the casual observer till 2nd or 3rd trimester, though. Consider yourselves lucky...
I'm in the same boat. I can tell my tummy is shaped differently, but it's probably just as much the extra fluid in my system already as much as the organs shifting around. Whatever! I fully intend to wear cute empire waist mat tops and rock the belly, even if it's just ME in there mostly now

Even when I was much smaller, last pregnancy (still quite fluffy to most others I'm sure) some people didn't know I was pregnant just a few weeks before the birth. I figure, whatever!

Let's have a fluffy mamas DDC sub-tribe
#20 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Consider yourselves lucky...
Aww, mama! You're assuming that we're all sporting a 6 pack with a cute little baby bump at the bottom! I'm "showing", but only to me and my bf. Everyone else will probably think I splurged on the chocolate bunnies and malt ballsm this past weekend. I probably wont be discernably gestating to the general public till into the 2nd trimester.

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#21 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 06:59 PM

I'm only 6w5d, and "fluffy", so not showing yet. And I'm still in regular jeans. My belly does feel full though, if that makes sense.

I don't think I was in maternity until about 14 weeks with DS. None of my other pg lasted long enough for maternity clothes.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#22 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
With my last two pregnancies, I didn't show until late. During the first, I was overweight, during the second I was right at my ideal and in good shape, so I think it's just how I'm built (tall).

This time I'm more on the overweight side, but not so much as with my first. I notice that my belly's changed, but I don't think I really look pregnant yet.

I'm kind of curious how it will go this time. I'd prefer to show later, since being not visibly pregnant for as long as possible would be best for job reasons.

I had some pants that were size 14 and some size 16. They all fit reasonably well before pregnancy. I've lost weight due to morning sickness - now the 14s are too tight, and the 16s would fall off with a good tug. Sigh.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#23 of 27 Old 04-06-2010, 10:54 PM

Wow, very timely thread! I was just thinking the same thing! I am 8 weeks tomorrow and have a definite "beer gut" going on. With DD I wasn't outgrowing my pants until 10 weeks. Argh! Especially because I don't want anyone at work to catch on for a little while longer. Stupid unseasonably warm weather and tight summer clothes...
#24 of 27 Old 04-07-2010, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Margaret View Post
I'm in the same boat. I can tell my tummy is shaped differently, but it's probably just as much the extra fluid in my system already as much as the organs shifting around. Whatever! I fully intend to wear cute empire waist mat tops and rock the belly, even if it's just ME in there mostly now

Even when I was much smaller, last pregnancy (still quite fluffy to most others I'm sure) some people didn't know I was pregnant just a few weeks before the birth. I figure, whatever!

Let's have a fluffy mamas DDC sub-tribe
Yes, a fluffy sub-tribe is always fun! I can't tell you how many people tried to pat the "baby" last time and got NO baby at all. And for the rest, they were all in shock to find out at 36 weeks or so that I was pg, even though they'd seen me weekly up till that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonsterMommy View Post
Aww, mama! You're assuming that we're all sporting a 6 pack with a cute little baby bump at the bottom! I'm "showing", but only to me and my bf. Everyone else will probably think I splurged on the chocolate bunnies and malt ballsm this past weekend. I probably wont be discernably gestating to the general public till into the 2nd trimester.
Not exactly, but I confess I've seen a few too many pics of 'bumps' at this stage on other boards! It is funny how differently every body reacts and changes.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#25 of 27 Old 04-07-2010, 03:40 PM

#4 here and i feel like im showing.. i already had a belly left over from my last babe but its def. rounder and less squishy looking now no one who doesnt know already has asked but i can see them looking..it wont be long till its pretty noticeable i think. it does seem early though..im only 9 1/2 weeks along!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#26 of 27 Old 04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, a fluffy sub-tribe is always fun! I can't tell you how many people tried to pat the "baby" last time and got NO baby at all. And for the rest, they were all in shock to find out at 36 weeks or so that I was pg, even though they'd seen me weekly up till that point.
Exactly! I was at the shower for my principal, and she and I and another teacher were all due within two weeks of each other (me first). I was probably 36 weeks, too. I was sitting at a student desk (with a table hiding some of my huge bump), granted, but these were the office ladies who saw me regularly all school year, and now it was April... SHEESH. I wasn't super fluffy then, too.
#27 of 27 Old 04-07-2010, 06:57 PM

i think i just look fat

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page