Exhausted - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 04-18-2010, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think I ever had it like this with my other pregnancies, but it's not even just lack of sleep type tiredness.. I literally feel like all my limbs are heavy and I have no motivation to do anything. It's horrible especially when I have 2 kids to look after. I feel fine in the morning but this hits mid afternoon and lasts for the rest of the day

Just curious if anyone else feels this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 04-18-2010, 03:21 PM

I was like that with #3, it was awful. One minute I was fine the next so exhausted I could hardly move. It did get better by the second tri.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 13 Old 04-18-2010, 03:27 PM

I do feel that way sometimes.. usually a few days since I have taken my B vitamins.. I also wonder if Iron is a factor.. I ate some red meat and felt really great for a few days, but its been a while again and im beginning to drag..The more i'm in the fresh air the better, but no matter what I do, i'm exhausted by about 6pm.. its hard work growing a baby!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#4 of 13 Old 04-18-2010, 03:30 PM

I'm with ya mama ~ I do not remember feeling like this in any of my pregnancies either. I'm sick and I feel so run down and can't function. This weekend is really taking a toll since the hubby is gone for drill.

Praying for the 2nd trimester to come fast!

~Bekah~ wife to Richard ~ mom to 4 on earth & 4 in heaven
20****25****30****35***40
#5 of 13 Old 04-18-2010, 03:52 PM

Me too. I got up this morning, made some oatmeal, ate and fed the kids and laid back in bed. It has taken me another two hours to get up and take a shower! Glad it's Sunday.
#6 of 13 Old 04-18-2010, 04:24 PM

This one (#3) has been the hardest with this by far, but then again I've never been pregnant while looking after 2 kids and have never been pregnant at this age before.

I'm 9-ish weeks right now and I have noticed that this is getting better. I have done a lick of housework in weeks (and the place looks like it) but today have actually felt the motivation to get it all cleaned up again. I'm tired and taking a break for a bit, but overall it has been much better.
#7 of 13 Old 04-18-2010, 05:18 PM

I am with you. Although I find if I actually get a solid 9 hours of sleep at night (which is damn near impossible), I am actually OK during the day. Any less than 9 hours, I'm exhausted and cranky. And if I only get 7 hours, I HAVE to take a nap in the afternoon. I was definitely tired with my first, but nothing like this. But I'm running after a one year old all day and still nursing, so I don't blame my body for needing extra sleep! I just wish there was enough hours in the day for me to sleep more.

I have also stopped using my son's naps to get stuff done. If I'm not napping with him, I'm sitting on the computer relaxing, watching a movie, or reading a book. That down time definitely helps me get through the day.

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
#8 of 13 Old 04-18-2010, 05:41 PM

So far 2 out of 2 of my pregnancies I've felt like that too. I'm just bone tired. It's for sure harder to deal with this time with a toddler to care for. A lot of days I don't feel like a very good mom. This too shall pass, right?

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#9 of 13 Old 04-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Banned

So there with you. This is how my mom always felt when pregnant, so I figure it's normal. It SUCKS, but it's normal. I try everything, eating lots of spinach, I take my vitamins, etc etc, but all I want to do/can do is nap all freaking day. And work days are hard; I have prep period from lunch til almost 2, and I really want to nap then! I need to take a pillow to work today, seriously. I don't remember being quite this tired last time, but then, I was childless and fancy free! I could rest and nap whenever I felt like it, and I hadn't just spent 3.5 years not sleeping!
#10 of 13 Old 04-19-2010, 11:08 AM

I hear you - I. am. so. tired. Dh jokingly (I think he's joking) says he thinks we're having twins, that's how tired I am. I am SURE there's only one in there, at least there'd better be...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#11 of 13 Old 04-19-2010, 06:52 PM

I feel so much better reading everyones post here, I can barley keep my eyes open and I just need sleep all day and all nite. I nap and I am not refreshed. I was a lil tired with my DD but this is so bad, I am so neglecting my DH our house and my dog. Barely the energy to get going for my 21 mth old.
I am only 8 week and counting the days to my 2nd trimester.

Mommy to AnnaLee Betty Born July 4th 2008
and my Fur Baby Natasha my Great Dane Boxer
#12 of 13 Old 04-19-2010, 08:09 PM

Ohhh, I am so with you. I'm laying down right this second, browsing from my phone-I don't even have the energy to sit in front of the computer. I feel is though my legs, arms and eyelids are made of cast iron. I cannot function. This is my fourth pregnancy and I have never felt this way with the other three. I am 11w2d and the feeling has not subsided.

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#13 of 13 Old 04-19-2010, 08:22 PM

I feel like this too! Yesterday I slept in until 8, napped from 10:30-12 and then went to bed at 9. I felt like I was hardly awake! Thank goodness it was Sunday so my husband took care of the kiddo. I have a hard time at work too and just stare at the computer being unproductive for long stretches because anything else seems like too much effort. I really hope this passes because I really want to be able to do stuff and not just sleep/space out!!

Casey - Mama to my little lovey girl 6-2-07 and my littler lovey girl 11-16-10!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page