Mothering Forum banner

Feeling baby bumps!

1K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  karen1968 
#1 ·
I felt my baby bump inside last night and again this morning!!
I remember the distinct bump feeling from DD and was surprised when I felt it last night.

Yay for feeling the little one!

See less See more
#3 ·
YAY! Can't wait till I feel this little one! I ALWAYS feel movements early, 1st time it was 17 wks, 2nd time it was like 14wks! I'm really only 10 wks so I havve some time, BUT I keep feeling them earlier and earlier so heres hoping!

#8 ·
I'm 11 weeks and I swear I have felt movement twice this week. I remember the feeling I had with my girls and it feels the same. I can't wait until the movements are more frequent and stronger.

#9 ·
JSMa-woooohooooo!!!!

Im the nut who posted a couple of weeks ago that i was feeling *something*. I figured if I waited a bit I would be able to tell if that was in fact baby or my imagination. I am still pretty sure that it was baby, but the movements have been like very special treats- rare and tiny...baby is little yet.

oh and I am 12w5d

#10 ·
yeah....I'm only 10+3 but last night when I was sitting here I swore I felt what felt like the very slightest earliest little bumps. But I could very well be wrong because at this point it's so hard to know what it is. It probably wasn't... but I so want to feel it. And I think I felt my ds at 13 or 14 weeks and he was number 1. But the U/S tech with him also said he had the strongest kicks he had ever ever felt in 20 years of being an U/S tech. lol (still true 4 years later
)

#11 ·
When my MW was looking for my uterus and using the doppler, I definitely felt thumps! Not a lot, but a distinct one right where we agreed my uterus is. Then she heard just three little heartbeats... Enough to assure me baby is fine.
I felt a little more while she was trying to find the hb again. It's hard for me to know at other times what I'm *really* feeling, but I loved that because it was SO clear that's what it was!

#12 ·
I'm totally embarrassed about it but am I the only one NOT looking forward to them? I'm not a fan of feeling the baby move - just feels very odd to me, like there's an alien or something inside.
I can wait until it's time to feel them. I'm about 95% sure that I've already felt a few twitches even though I'm only 9 weeks (but I felt them ridiculously early with my DD as well, DS not so much). But I'm not really a fan of the whole baby moving thing.

I must admit I used to enjoy freaking people out in late pregnancy though with both my kids, who were facing with their legs forward and would vehemently kick against my stomach trying to get out or something. I had lost a lot of weight so there was no padding and I usually wore rather tight shirts on top, so if I was in the waiting room or something and my stomach would start writhing, people would just stare in shock/disgust/fascination/whatever - it was kind of funny to see their reaction. It really did look bizarre!

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by honey-lilac View Post
I'm totally embarrassed about it but am I the only one NOT looking forward to them? I'm not a fan of feeling the baby move - just feels very odd to me, like there's an alien or something inside.
I can wait until it's time to feel them. I'm about 95% sure that I've already felt a few twitches even though I'm only 9 weeks (but I felt them ridiculously early with my DD as well, DS not so much). But I'm not really a fan of the whole baby moving thing.

I must admit I used to enjoy freaking people out in late pregnancy though with both my kids, who were facing with their legs forward and would vehemently kick against my stomach trying to get out or something. I had lost a lot of weight so there was no padding and I usually wore rather tight shirts on top, so if I was in the waiting room or something and my stomach would start writhing, people would just stare in shock/disgust/fascination/whatever - it was kind of funny to see their reaction. It really did look bizarre!
Well, I have mixed feelings about that, I admit. While I look forward to it, I don't look forward to the painful kicks, or the rolls that move my entire belly and not in happy ways.

#14 ·
I think once you get into the third trimester, the movements aren't nearly as cherished a they are earlier!

I'm also on the thinner side, especially after I lose weight in my first trimester, so I like to freak people out with the whole belly-moving thing as well!

#15 ·
I'm still waiting to feel my first baby bumps...Since this is my first, I can't even imagine how it will feel. Will I really know that it's the baby, and not just gas or something? I'm really looking forward to my next prenatal appnt. as it will be my first chance to hear the heartbeat. Even though I'm still feeling nauseous and have a growing pooch, I want that reassurance that there is still a little baby in there!

#16 ·
I'm just shy of 14 wks, and think I've been feeling them for at least a week. It happens usually when I'm sitting scrunched up on the couch or anytime my belly is a bit compressed.

#17 ·
so exciting!!

i have definitely been feeling the baby the past few days and probably for a few weeks..but wasn't really sure if it was for sure, you know? the past few days have been certain. im 12 weeks 5 days?!

#19 ·
Yay! I think I've had a few little flutters too! I'm only 10wks---they've been small, but like today I was at the clinic and had my m/w try to find the heartbeat (she did
) and right after she moved the doppler, yup the baby moved!!! It is exciting!!!

I do have to second the not looking forward to the cervical kicks, the rib kicks ect! And it also freaks people out to see my whole belly morph when baby moves! I am super small framed and ALL belly when pg so it looks way weird!!!

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by waldorfknitmama View Post
Yay! I think I've had a few little flutters too! I'm only 10wks---they've been small, but like today I was at the clinic and had my m/w try to find the heartbeat (she did
) and right after she moved the doppler, yup the baby moved!!! It is exciting!!!

I do have to second the not looking forward to the cervical kicks, the rib kicks ect! And it also freaks people out to see my whole belly morph when baby moves! I am super small framed and ALL belly when pg so it looks way weird!!!

yay!

i enjoy the movement till it gets to be feet between the ribs or constant jabs at the lower regions that a) make you feel like you are going to pee yourself or b) make you worry that the baby is trying to escape early

also the clawing feeling in the cervix... slight shuddery feelings remembering that sensation ..

but mostly i love it.

#21 ·
I'm 10w4d today, and I could swear[\b] I felt a little tap-tap-tap on Saturday night! I thought, "Was that...? No way!" I didn't feel DS until ~15 weeks, and that was more of a swish (like a goldfish in a plastic bag
). I had an anterior placenta with him, so I'm hoping for different placental placement and more feeling this time around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.