The Weekly Edition!! May 1-6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2010, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EE! I'm going to be 13 weeks tomorrow!

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2010, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It's passing so quickly. If only the whole "starving but huge food aversions" thing would pass as quickly.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 05-01-2010, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

I totally agree. I actually got sick yesterday... and I haven't thrown up in over 3 weeks. I've also hit the really bad headache phase that always accompanies the onset of the second tri for me. Nothing is working to get rid of them either. So I suffer until I can't bear it any longer, pop some tylenol (which does nothing) then send myself to bed in hopes that sleep will reset my head somehow. lol

Old 05-01-2010, 01:34 PM

I'll 11 weeks now and the morning sickness has started to fade. The horrid queasy feeling is still there in the evenings or if I get too hungry. However, I feel very successful in that I took both children to swim lessons this morning (usually dh's job) and I did not throw up while in the pool - . I posted in the other weekly chat that my friend gave me maternity clothes (over 50 shirts and over 20 pairs of pants and shorts + dresses) and I feel like they gave my tummy permission to pop out. I'm wishing that the craving/extreme eating situations would tone down. I could go out to eat every day of the week for lunch and dinner, but that is way not in the budget and hard on the weight gain too. However, I find myself wandering about the kitchen looking for something to eat that just isn't there. Wish I knew what I wanted.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

I know what I want.... but it's no longer available. I have this strange feeling I'm going to walk this entire pregnancy with the same unattainable craving. Why oh why did my favorite chinese restaurant have to go out of business?!

Old 05-01-2010, 01:51 PM

13 weeks today!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
Old 05-01-2010, 01:59 PM

Ugh. I'm 9+4 and I'm not doing great. It's tons more manageable than my other pregnancies but I'm still throwing up tons and really nauseated most of the time. Vomiting doesn't phase me at all but the nausea/weakness/gagging is killing me. Some days are decent but then I overdo it and then suffer the next day - but there's SO much to do here that I'm still always behind. Laundry is piled up, the fridge is empty, the kids are stir crazy, the whole house is messy... and I spend all day in bed on MDC and FB while the kids climb the walls and watch TV, and that's not like me at all.

All I can eat is fast food which is a) killing our budget b) giving me guilt trips about the kids eating it on a regular basis and c) is giving me panic attacks about the "food" we are eating - but that's the only thing that will stay down. Greasy nasty chain fast food stuff. Ew.

I suck at being pregnant but am trying to be gentle with myself, knowing that this too shall pass. But the guilt is killing me!!

mama of DS(3) & DD(2)
Old 05-01-2010, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

We were living off of fast food/take out for a few weeks there... and it totally did kill our budget. I'm trying to get back into the swing, it's a slow progression though. I keep thinking soon I'll be feeling even better. (i hope)

Old 05-01-2010, 02:28 PM

I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. The m/s subsided around 8 weeks, now I am just trying to manage the sudden onset of being lightheaded and starving, and needing to eat NOW. I have little snacks like nuts and in a real pinch even luna protein bars stashed away, but sometimes I'm just not craving protein. I keep reading how one's calorie intake should only increase by the equivalent of about a handful of nuts. I have been going way above and beyond that and I've allowed myself to become a little concerned. I tried to talk to DH about the idea of eating for 1.1 instead of for 2 and just what that entails, but he opposes the idea of generalizations. So I get to listen to him rant about the varying amounts of calories women ingested before pregnancy and how everyone metabolizes food differently and blah, blah, blah when really all I want to hear is that I'm doing great!

I do feel for everyone who is having trouble keeping food down and having aversions, I don't envy that at all. I am just trying to keep my diet healthy and trust that my body knows what it needs.

Nikki, mama to DD and DS1 twins.gif (6/07) and DS2 babyboy.gif (10/10) 
Old 05-01-2010, 02:30 PM

13 week mamas, congrats!! i will be on Monday.. it feels like a long way away

our marathon 3500km trip is over, thankfully.. some parts of it were okay, some even fun..but for the most part it was just stressful and hard and im so so so happy to be back home.
we are going to put on the first fire in our woodstove in our new house in a bit.. its a rainy spring day and all of the cherry & plum & apple trees are in flower. its so beautiful!!

i need to read back in the past weeks threads to see what i have missed.. it might take me a bit to catch up.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 05-01-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

How exciting, Fern! Nothing quite like moving into new space.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Demeter~ View Post
How exciting, Fern! Nothing quite like moving into new space.
especially since its ours! not a rental.. i have never had my own house before

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 05-01-2010, 04:20 PM

That's so exciting, Fern!

I'm really lightheaded this morning, too - trying to clean the house and I have to keep sitting down until the dizziness passes. Not sure what that's about.

Off to finish cleaning the kitchen.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 05-01-2010, 04:28 PM

13 weeks today! Im so excited to be 1/3 of the way there!

Fern-welcome back and huge congrats on your new house!!!

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
Old 05-01-2010, 05:25 PM

It all sounds so familiar... the queasiness, vomiting, fast food/take-out, not feeling like the best mom ever, headaches, exhaustion, light-headedness (why is that?!)...

I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow. The vomiting is less frequent now, maybe only once a day, and usually first thing in the morning or last thing before bed. I'm starting to be able to eat better during the day, which means more of eating things that are here, and not having to run out and get a frosty from Wendy's.

My belly is SO tender though. Does anyone else feel that way? Also, it seems like the more I recline during the day on the couch, the more light-headed I am when I stand up to do something. It also seems like I'm more light-headed when I have a headache blazing up the back of my neck. I haven't been taking my prenatals, but think I need to start trying soon.

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
Old 05-01-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I know what I want.... but it's no longer available. I have this strange feeling I'm going to walk this entire pregnancy with the same unattainable craving. Why oh why did my favorite chinese restaurant have to go out of business?!
I so know that feeling. I want In 'n Out Burger. And I'm in IL! Cruel, cruel world!

Quote:
We were living off of fast food/take out for a few weeks there... and it totally did kill our budget. I'm trying to get back into the swing, it's a slow progression though. I keep thinking soon I'll be feeling even better. (i hope)
Us, too. I just do not want to cook and looking at food makes me nauseous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
especially since its ours! not a rental.. i have never had my own house before

Old 05-01-2010, 08:57 PM

We went out to dinner yet again tonight. It was wickedly delicious. I love this place though. It's a train-themed restaurant which the children love, but they have a great chef for the grown-ups. Actually the kids' food is awesome too. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who finds the thought of cooking repellent.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:13 PM

I am also 13 weeks tomorrow! I broke out the maternity pants for the first time today!

We are slowly starting to tell people. We told DS yesterday and he was happy and excited. He keeps saying "Mommy, see I'm going to be a big brother!" We got him an adorable shirt but he refuses to wear it, thus far. We had to lay it on top of him to get a photo, but we got a really cute one. I will have to share it when I am back on my home computer.

I am also eating out a lot right now, but I am out of town, so I feel sort of justified! We had Panera for lunch and tonight is Claim Jumper for a huge extended family dinner. I really want red meat tonight.

I went shopping for baby clothes with my sister yesterday (she is due with a boy July 8th), and I kept getting drawn to the girl clothes. Don't know if it's true intuition or just wishful thinking. I did recall being drawn to (and buying) boy clothes when I was pregnant with DS even though I thought I was having a girl.

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

Old 05-01-2010, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 11 weeks now.

I think the m/s is getting better, but the sudden MUST EAT NOW is not. That's accompanied by vomiting here and there, but, it's probably a little better than it was.

So I was resting with my 2yo a bit ago, and thinking, "Am I really feeling bad? Is everything okay?" I really can't complain if I'm feeling some better - that's NOT normal for me! And I am/was feeling nauseous for being overly hungry, so it's not like I feel fine. I think I go through this every time - a "lull" period where I'm totally used to feeling cruddy AND there's nothing else to see/feel/tell. I want my belly to suddenly be bigger, or baby to start kicking, or *something* so I know all is well.

I AM grateful that my energy is kinda sorta almost okay. We are packing up most of what's in our house in preparation for moving. Well, for showing right now. Our house won't be ready till close to when the baby is! But we need people to NOT feel like this house is overrun with stuff when they come look. It's been much slower than anticipated, but we ARE making *some* progress.

MamaFern, congrats on the new house! I'm sure it's especially nice to be "home" now!

St. Margaret, I think you posted in the last thread about buying plus-size maternity clothes. I can't find anything except on Motherhood. Did you find things on Gap, too? (And, yes, it totally irks me, too, that I'm constrained on where to buy things. )

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:44 PM

Happy May Day, mamas!! So happy that spring finally feels like its here!!

I'm 12w 3d today and staring to feel human again. I am still nauseous in the mornings- today I vomited before I ate anything- but at least I feel decent for the rest of the day. Yesterday and today dh and I worked all day in the garden which felt great but now I am soooo tired.

So glad to have you back, Fern!

Have a great week, mamas!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:00 AM

Ug. Our car was broken into last night, and the only reason I found out is because the cash I had in my wallet (I don't usually carry cash) to buy maternity clothes is gone. They also took the money I was collecting from the other families at ds's preschool for our field trip this week.

Luckily, my credit card and other things were still in my wallet. But this was the very rare occasion that I a) had cash in my wallet and b) forgot to bring my purse into the house at night. I am peeved and feel totally violated. Ugh.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 05-02-2010, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Bobbi That sucks!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:43 AM

I'm sorry about the break-in, Bobbi. That stinks.

10 weeks, 2 days here, and I think I'm feeling a tiny bit better. All of a sudden I have a little baby belly, too!

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
Old 05-02-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Ug. Our car was broken into last night, and the only reason I found out is because the cash I had in my wallet (I don't usually carry cash) to buy maternity clothes is gone. They also took the money I was collecting from the other families at ds's preschool for our field trip this week.

Luckily, my credit card and other things were still in my wallet. But this was the very rare occasion that I a) had cash in my wallet and b) forgot to bring my purse into the house at night. I am peeved and feel totally violated. Ugh.
How terrible!
Old 05-02-2010, 12:05 PM

That's terrible! Did you report it to the police?

Old 05-02-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:

oh no! im so sorry... that is just so yucky.

Quote:

Old 05-02-2010, 01:07 PM

yippeee to feeling better and new houses.
boooooo to cars being broken into and dizziness

i am 12 weeks today! i am starting to feel a bit better. still gagging and nauseous but haven't vomited in a few days. i actually ate some vegetables!!! corn and broccoli thus far...but it's a start! i've also gone to mcdonalds two days in a row for a cheeseburger - after not going there fo years...but i NEEDED it!! i seem to have this totally empty feeling all the time no matter how much i eat. i am insatiable.

this week is my NT scan. i am excited to see the wee one...and we've decided after this scan we will begin to tell more people. it will be nice to be able to explain my behavior for the past few months! everyone was chalking not seeing me much up to being busy with grad school and interning...but that's only part of the story!
Old 05-02-2010, 01:12 PM

The children have shared their cold germs, so what energy I have recovered is gone. At least dh has removed the little ones from the house this morning to do the grocery shopping. However, if I do nothing else, I WILL mop the kitchen floor. It is beyond disgusting.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:54 PM

ellen, i hear you~my floors are a mess

instead of cleaning the house we are living in, im going to our new house to do a cleansing ritual and get it ready to start making it ours. Im going to smudge each room with sage and place some rock salt in each corner of each room (feng shui) and set up an altar with some crystals and stuff that is special to us..

the house feels pretty good already, but i feel like we should really do this..to set our intention for this to be the perfect home for us (for now) Im excited. we have already put some time & energy into the yard, planting some nice things and cleaning up the garden..so this will really start the process of making it home for us right now the house is completely empty except for some stuff the previous owners left in the basement, so we will go through that stuff first to get rid of what we don't want or need (likely most of it)
im bringing a few house plants, crystals and what i need for cleaning & cleansing, but until i paint and we reno the bathroom/kitchen counters it will be mostly empty.

oh yeah, and we are going to light the first fire in the woodstove!

off to collect what i need and eat my hot cereal.

Quote:

Old 05-02-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:

So sorry to hear. I had my wallet and phone stolen out of my car a couple years ago. Such a frustrating experience.

User Tag List