Still exhausted! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-01-2010, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm almost 13 weeks.. I have had a few weeks of nearly no morning sickness now..but im still so so tired. I wake up feeling like I didn't sleep (dreams?!) and by dinnertime i'm seriously wilting (honestly by noon I feel like going back to bed). I am trying to get out of the house and walk everyday and we generally have a busy life out and about but even that doesn't seem to help. My eyes are literally burning with tiredness most of the time. I wasnt going to go see the midwife till i was further along, but im seriously considering going to get some blood tests to see whats going on. my Iron should be good..

Anyone else exhausted?..I really want this to just be normal #4 pregnancy and not something wrong with me.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 05-01-2010, 11:21 PM

Yup. And my house is a wreck

Listen to your body and rest It will ease up soon enough. It's hard, though.

NortheastSuperstar
Three boys and a sweet toddling girl joy.gif
#3 of 12 Old 05-01-2010, 11:57 PM

:yawning Sounds like me. I'm 13 weeks and still exhausted. (About 2 weeks ago I thought I was getting my energy back...it was short lived). I don't remember it being like this last time, I know for certain by this point I felt great. I'm amazed how different everything feels this time around. My iron level and hemoglobin were great so I can't blame that. I keep hoping that next week when I reach the magical 2nd trimester everything will improve, but I'm not holding my breath.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#4 of 12 Old 05-02-2010, 12:08 AM

Just 11 weeks here, but still very exhausted. I do think part of it is my quality of sleep. I'd love to not still be waking up twice a night to pee, but not a lot I can do about that. Then there is the toddler in the bed that seriously needs to be moved along into her own room. Now that I should be able to solve by buying a mattress one of these days.

I agree with the advice to just listen to your body. I'm sure the pregnancy is perfectly fine. It's a lot of work for your body to create a whole new person.
#5 of 12 Old 05-02-2010, 05:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am 11 weeks... Have thought I was feeling better, and perhaps I am. I'm not *completely* unable to do things - and that's good! But I slept quite late today, took an hour nap that could've been 3, and was ready to pass out at 10:30.

Of course, here it is at 2am and I'm just finishing my snack, moving laundry, and finally heading to bed.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#6 of 12 Old 05-02-2010, 12:11 PM

Yep, same here. I've been sick the last few days, though, so it's worse than normal. I slept a total of 12 hours yesterday, including a four-hour nap. I am typically about ready to fall over & start snoring around noon too--which is great, because it's just in time for my Pscyh class! (Thank goodness finals are this week.)

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#7 of 12 Old 05-03-2010, 02:15 PM

I will be 14 weeks on Wednesday, and I'm just starting to have more energy. I can't believe how exhausted I was with this baby. I'm hoping this trend of more energy continues. My hemoglobin and iron were okay when I tested a few weeks. Hope you get some energy soon!

Loving my dh, two girls ages 6 and 3 and my baby boy born on Halloween 2010. Missing my angel 9/08
#8 of 12 Old 05-03-2010, 07:12 PM

I'm 13 weeks and just barely able to get through my mornings. As long as I'm not out doing massive errands, I'm OK. I don't remember being this pooped with my other sons.
#9 of 12 Old 05-07-2010, 03:09 AM
Banned

Me, too. My mom had the same thing every time. Bone-tired. I get up with DD at 5:30 these days and I'm ready to go back to sleep... pretty much all morning until I leave for work at 9, and then during my prep I want to DIE I'm so tired. I come home and want to nap. I DO nap, on the couch while DD plays or I steal upstairs and make DH work downstairs still, because some days it's just like, my body is saying I need to rest, so I'm darn well going to give it what it needs.
#10 of 12 Old 05-07-2010, 12:02 PM

I'll be 13 weeks on Sunday, and seem to have good days and bad days. I'm generally not as tired as I was a few weeks ago, but even still, some days I lie on the couch and have to put DS in his playpen for a little while because I'm afraid that I'm going to fall asleep and he might get into something!

Many days I still lie down when he goes down for a nap, and I have to be in bed by 9:30 every night because I'm so tired and also very nauseated by that point of the night. Then I usually get up around 7 unless DH is home from work and lets me sleep in. My hemoglobin also came back fine despite my fears that I was anemic.

For me, there's a very strong correlation between tiredness and nausea/vomiting, so I really make it a priority to sleep as much as I can!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#11 of 12 Old 05-07-2010, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

that is great about your iron levels being normal
it makes sense to feel sick when you are run down, and for sure taking a few rests during the day if thats what you need is what you should do. my little ones will play pretty well now while i nap on the couch, or there is always a dvd.. life saver from a mama who once swore her children would never watch the tv (or in this case the computer)

im feeling a lot better, i think im finally getting past this insane exhaustion. there are still moments in the day, especially when i first wake up that my body sure wants to stay in bed, but once i adjust to the day im good. normally im a morning person so its a bit hard for me, but it gives me a chance to get to lie in bed and enjoy the chatter of my sweet 2 year old this morning she said "open a up your eyes mama" (she has just started to talk in more than one word sentences) then she wanted to hold my hand and was rubbing it on her cheek going "awww mama" she is so adorable.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#12 of 12 Old 05-07-2010, 03:09 PM

I'm just starting the last 2 weeks or so to feel really tired. I can make it from 6am to 12noon with normal energy and then I'm exhausted. This started around 9 weeks. I actually felt better in the beginning.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page