June 7th- June 13th~ Weekly thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 06-12-2010, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
But, in GOOD NEWS - I've been feeling more baby movements! Definitely bigger and more frequent, but still not exactly predictable. But, very encouraging!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 66 Old 06-12-2010, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay Heather...that is so exciting!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#63 of 66 Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 PM

Hello, everybody!

I haven't been around much because the hard drive on my Mac failed a week and a half ago, so I had a nice little break from the computer. I had to pay for a new hard drive and lost all of my itunes and my photos from the last year that I hadn't backed up, but I'm done crying about it now.

I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow, and then I have my u/s next week on Thursday. I feel movements only every once in a while, and they're very faint. I've been working a lot and busy, so I wonder if sometimes I'm just not noticing them...? If I think about it I start to worry, so I'm just trying to be zen about it until the u/s.

I'm still taking the unisom every night for my nausea, and it's definitely making things more manageable. I still vomit every couple of days, but it's only first thing in the morning. And I'm gaining weight.

My belly looks pretty impressive to me, but a lot of people are still saying that it's not obvious that I'm pregnant. I'm usually very thin, so I guess what looks like a pregnant belly to me could look like a beer belly to someone else!

Anyway, it's nice to be back and read everyone's news!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#64 of 66 Old 06-12-2010, 01:45 PM

The sun is shining! its been pretty rainy here... and i love the rain, but a day of sun mixed in is So nice.

MZ: sorry to hear about your broken computer. that sucks
Heather: me too and I LOVE it. It just makes it all so much more real.

We are having a lovely bright weekend morning. Im so looking forward to the end of June I think I have said that before :P

Saturday here is market day, so in a bit we will get ready to walk to town and see what lovely things we can find. I'm planning to make veggie/tofu pot pie for a potluck dinner tomorrow, so maybe some fresh veggies/herbs. Also manifesting finding some Nasturtium starts.. I didn't have any seeds this year and totally forgot to start them. Then I want to go sit on the beach and soak up some vitamin D!
My bolga basket broke the other day when loaded up with groceries just one part of the handle, but I have been eying a new one in the window off a shop and Im going to splurge and buy it for myself. I use my basket almost every day and I cannot live without it! I can use my old one (which I have had since my 7 year old was small) for yarn and knitting stuff in the livingroom. I love these baskets and highly recommend them!

what else.... probably more house stuff later this afternoon. I have a few walls to repaint and touch up. I painted one of our bedroom walls with this colour that was supposed to be light brown but it looks pinky orange and terrible. Its going to be green like the rest I guess. Im sick of buying paint..I love the green anyways, like sleeping in a shaded forest glade

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#65 of 66 Old 06-12-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
I'm fine, but I really feel surrounded by baby negativity lately. A friend of mine (who had a m/c around the same time I had mine) just found out her pregnancy is a molar pregnancy and had a D+C yesterday. She is totally devastated.

Another friend of mine was pregnant, due in September, just had her baby yesterday (by c/s) - he was about half the size he should have been, and I guess at this point, it was better for him to be out than in. He is extremely premature (I don't know exactly how many weeks, but less than 30), and was 1 lb 2 oz at birth. This was her first pregnancy. I just want to cry, thinking about his chances of survival when he's that little.

Lots of heaviness in my life right now. I'm trying really hard not to internalize any of it.
This has been happening to me lately as well! A few months ago, a friend lost her twin boys at 23 weeks. I had just found out I was pregnant. And then just last week, a different friend lost her baby girl at 19 weeks...she was just 2 weeks ahead of me and I saw her last month and we compared bumps It's really hard to have everyone around you going through that. Take care of yourself mama.

Ecky What teaching degree are you getting? I am just finishing up my first student teaching placement for my master's in early/special education. I can't wait to graduate! You must be very excited to have your thesis almost done, although I know it's stressful! Good luck.

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
#66 of 66 Old 06-12-2010, 04:46 PM

Hey everyone! Haven't been on much in the last couple days because I was getting ready for our church choir to come over for a social last night. I have not been good about keeping up with the house cleaning since becoming preggers, so it was alot of work to get everything in tip top shape again. DH was very helpful, but I was able to get most of the cleaning done myself, which made me feel very proud of all I accomplished! We had about 20 people over, and it was great fun. We were especially pleased with our shy collie's behavior, as she really made an effort to socialize with people. She is especially good with little children, and I was happy to see that she didn't seem bothered by their squealing, running about and giving her random hugs. I have a feeling she is going to be a great guardian and friend to our baby.

This morning DH and I were part of a group that sang some patriotic songs for the local ELKS chapter for Flag Day. It was unbearably hot outside, and even the umbrella I brought was barely enough to keep me from broiling. Thankfully, there was a breeze, or I don't think I could have handled it. One of the VFW members actually passed out during the ceremony and had to be taken indoors. I felt so badly for him. Needless to say, I'll be staying indoors with the AC on for the rest of the day.

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page