Constant achy uterus feeling? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-18-2010, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Some days (like today) I have this constant achy uterus feeling - not unlike when I have my period. It's not BHs, I do get those & they're fairly uncomfortable, but this is more of a constant dull ache. It's not ligament pains either - at least not the sharp sudden ones I used to get very early on.

Anyone else have this? (I'm almost 17 weeks.)

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#2 of 9 Old 06-18-2010, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I do.. I had it my last two pregnancies. Not sure what it is exactly but it's definitely uncomfortable. I attribute it to rapid growth and stretching so not unlike RLP.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 9 Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 PM

I've been a little more achy and having lots more tightening/BH. I don't remember being so aware of my uterus during my other pregnancies, if that makes sense.

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#4 of 9 Old 06-18-2010, 02:40 PM

I'm 19 weeks, and the last few weeks I've been very aware of my uterus. This is my third pregnancy, and I don't remember feeling this before. It's like, sometimes it's just so obvious that it's there and bigger than normal and stretching or something. And after sex, the contractions are actually really uncomfortable. I don't remember that from the other 2 times, either. It's just a constant awareness of my uterus, lots of pressure and achi-ness. I don't like it at all! I think I've still got far too long to go to already be achy and uncomfortable!
#5 of 9 Old 06-18-2010, 02:47 PM

I get this... it's something akin to very bloating period cramps... it's just gets so heavy and sore feeling all across my abdomen/uterus. Sometimes it seems like the little one is pushing against the wall with all of it's force or something. I remember feeling this some in the last pregnancy too, though I don't think it came until later. I definitely feel more sore down there this time.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#6 of 9 Old 06-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiebearlove View Post
I'm 19 weeks, and the last few weeks I've been very aware of my uterus. This is my third pregnancy, and I don't remember feeling this before. It's like, sometimes it's just so obvious that it's there and bigger than normal and stretching or something. And after sex, the contractions are actually really uncomfortable. I don't remember that from the other 2 times, either. It's just a constant awareness of my uterus, lots of pressure and achi-ness. I don't like it at all! I think I've still got far too long to go to already be achy and uncomfortable!

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#7 of 9 Old 06-19-2010, 02:31 AM

I've been having this a lot this time. I had to stop wearing the under-the-belly maternity pants ridculously early and go to the full belly panel. The other ones fit, but they made the aches much worse. Kind of silly to have the huge belly panel over my small bump, but whatever it takes to be comfortable, right?

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#8 of 9 Old 06-19-2010, 12:17 PM

I have days like that, and for me at least, I find it is usually an indicator that I have not been drinking enough water. Usually a couple glasses of water and laying down for a while will help. Just an idea. Of course other days I think it might be from doing too much. Who knows.

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
#9 of 9 Old 06-19-2010, 01:46 PM

I get that too! Baby goes through a big growth spurt around 19-20 weeks, so I imagine that's why!

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page