Weekly Chat Thread - July 19-25 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 122 Old 07-26-2010, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Demeter~ View Post
I was excited to see colostrum, too! Though my daughter has definitely forgotten how to nurse properly in the past couple months where I had no milk. I's still icky to nurse her and I'm really limiting in how long I let her nurse for.
I almost went crazy for a couple of weeks with DD's morning nursing session, which lasts 20-30 minutes after waking, but it has gotten *much* better in the past week or two. The evening session is down to 30 seconds almost completely by DD's own doing. I simply moved us to the rocking chair to nurse instead of bed, and she does a few seconds on each side before requesting a story. It's kinda funny to me that she only nurses for that short amount of time at bedtime, since she asks to nurse a LOT during the day.

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 122 Old 07-26-2010, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im pretty glad im not nursing right now . im so utterly exhausted i think it would make me insane...its hard enough getting the kids cups of water 8 million times a day (when 2 out of 3 are capable of doing it themselves but want mama to do it) i just want to nap today..post festival burn out....
but seriously...i used to be able to pretend/make myself believe i wasn't tired..now i feel like its in my bones. not feeling like the greatest mom today.

eta: camping food..

umm...anything you can cook in a cast iron pan or pot or not cook at all is good..
we had veggie dogs one night.. bean & cheese burritos (just put the refries and cheese and whatever else (i like sunflower seeds and sauteed onions) and warm up till brown in the pan)
popcorn is always a fun treat.. a pot with a lid is all you need.
i got a box of annies mac/cheese but we didnt eat it.. soup & grilled cheese? camping is usually one of those times i buy packaged foods i normally wouldnt for the ease and simplicity but i have camped and cooked 100% home-made meals lots too. a 2 burner stove is handy. we just had a 1 burner this trip so we made it simple.
i did make hash-browns (boiled the chopped potatoes a bit before frying them up) and scrambled eggs the first morning for fun.. i like how yummy everything tastes when you cook outside under the blue sky!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page