Weekly Chat Thread - July 19-25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
About time to start a new thread!

Got back from 2 weeks at my parents' house while dh was installing lovely hardwood floors upstairs. They look great! Now he has to do trim, baseboard, etc, and then the kids can move into their bedrooms, hopefully with enough time to get settled before baby comes.

Had a really disturbing dream last night - I dreamed that my baby came really early and was at the NICU at the hospital. It was a boy and he was OK, just really small. I know why I had the dream - a really good friend of mine (in Edmonton) is going through the very same thing. I don't know if it's coincidence, but all my dreams about this baby have been boy dreams...I guess we'll see in November!

Bought some lovely Okanagan cherries yesterday, and I think I'll make some cherry turnovers today. I wish we could buy sour cherries locally - I'd love to make a proper cherry pie. Pie with sweet cherries just isn't the same.

Our sex thread was shut down last night! Too bad - I thought it was a frank discussion of a part of pregnancy you don't hear about very often.

Dd1 has a drama camp this week and I have my mw appt tomorrow (yay!) - otherwise it's a pretty quiet week. How is everybody else doing?

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#2 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 01:16 PM

I thought the sex thread was quite informative... and yes, frank. I think that's the only thing I'm not overly fond about MDC (sorry Heather! I do overall like MDC).

I'm starving this morning... and of course my son waited until this morning to do the dishes. So now I have to wait until the dishwasher finishes to eat.

My littlest boy is crying and carrying on like the kid in the movie Parenthood (I think? With Steve Martin?) Anyway... it's driving me a little batty this early with nothing in my belly. I'm not a very good mama without some food in my belly and at least an hour of alone time which I didn't get this morning. Ahh well.. suck it up, right?

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post

Bought some lovely Okanagan cherries yesterday, and I think I'll make some cherry turnovers today. I wish we could buy sour cherries locally - I'd love to make a proper cherry pie. Pie with sweet cherries just isn't the same.

Our sex thread was shut down last night! Too bad - I thought it was a frank discussion of a part of pregnancy you don't hear about very often.
Sex and cherries.. this should make a good start for the week! No but seriously you just made me DROOL so badly imagining your cherry turnovers I wish...

Too bad I didnt check out the sex thread after it must have gotten good...since Im not toooooo interested in sex these days and much more intersted in ....

Nic- ohhh alone time in the AM is just the best. I wonder if this is the true reason why I am up early every morning no matter how late I went to bed!

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#4 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 01:28 PM

Mmm food!

My alone time this morning was spent hitting play on the Roku for whatever show it was that my little one picked out to watch while I dozed. I'm really not sleeping great.

#5 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 02:35 PM

Now that we are finally home from our crazy long vacation, it seems like there's so much stuff to get done around the house. Just before we left, a friend gave me a bunch of baby clothes and while we were gone, dd's aunt gave her an entire TUB of clothes. All totally great, but I'm pulling out my hair trying to organize things. DD has a new chest of drawers in the garage. Which means I have to clean out the current dresser first. Frankly, I'd much rather sit here online than actually accomplish anything.
#6 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Banned

We're getting a TrueFit. Supposed to fit newborns really well, we live in San Diego so we never would need to bundle up baby inside or keep the seat from getting too cold, etc. I'm hoping the removeable headrest will mean it will fit okay in our compact car while it's really reclined RF, and then we can put it up a bit more upright RFing when the headret has to go back on. I really hope to squeeze all four of us into our little car, b/c right now we cannot afford the upgrade to minivan! the safety forumhere IS really great, I totally rely on it for carseat into.
#7 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Sorry about the dream, Bobbi.

Anyone else carrying REALLY low and having a ton of BH already? I tried on my bellycast and the baby is super super low even compared to my belly after my last dd dropped. I've had several comments by people about it, too. And I get BH contractions like a couple an hour sometimes-they make the blood rush to my head! Am I the only one?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#8 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes, feeling really low - but I did with my last & even the second one, I think - but the boys have definitely felt lower...and heavier.

I always have a lot of painful BH with my pregnancies, from like 11 weeks onward. Had a doozy this afternoon while laying on the couch.

And DARN! about the sex thread! I haven't looked yet, but I hope I can still read it! I tried something that was mentioned last night & wanted to update. Oh well.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#9 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 06:11 PM

Oh, I forgot to add: went to get some baby clothes with DP yesterday. Today I got the bucket seat from my sister, my Isis pump (well, half of it, she has to locate the rest of it ), tons of prefolds & covers AND, I found a KKAFP at a local store on sale for only $45! Brand new! I'm so ready & the little turkey isn't anywhere near being cooked. sigh.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#10 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
And DARN! about the sex thread! I haven't looked yet, but I hope I can still read it! I tried something that was mentioned last night & wanted to update. Oh well.
Well I hope it was going to be a positive update, for your sake!

Karen, I too have been afflicted with sciatic nerve pain that can get REALLY painful. Some days it's hurting on the left, and some days on the right. Some days it doesn't bother me much, and others I can barely walk. I keep saying I'm going to make a chiro appt, but haven't yet. I know for sure that bending over makes it worse. The day I re-potted my herbs, I was miserable!

And St. Margaret, I'm so sorry to hear about your hips/sciatica!

Is anyone getting the under the ribs stabbing pain yet? That just started today, as I noticed that my belly "popped" again and is creeping upwards! I really need to take a picture and post it on the belly thread...

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#11 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Oh, I forgot to add: went to get some baby clothes with DP yesterday. Today I got the bucket seat from my sister, my Isis pump (well, half of it, she has to locate the rest of it ), tons of prefolds & covers AND, I found a KKAFP at a local store on sale for only $45! Brand new! I'm so ready & the little turkey isn't anywhere near being cooked. sigh.
Sweet!!!!

I'm getting a moby, nursing pads, baby clothes, and some diapers from a super awesome mama in a trade.

No rib pains yet, but the hip pains-my right round ligament is trying to kill me, I swear. The left one acted up last night during dtd. That was horrible!

#12 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so not ready, but feel like I am, and am therefore entirely impatient despite not being anywhere close! Oh, well.

If you check out the removal note on the sex thread, you can see why it was removed. I think a good rule of thumb is, if you can visualize from what's being described, it's graphic. But I'm not the mod over here and my forums don't tend to get explicit threads.

I am getting BH, too. Loving them, really. Cool to feel the whole uterus, as big as it is now, all in a big ball. Though I tend to feel extra pressure on my bladder then - eek!

Anyone else getting up more frequently at night already? I had been doing really well, only getting up maybe once a few hours before I'd normally be up. Now I've been getting up 2-3 times a night. I suppose I should remind myself that it's simply preparation for waking up with a tiny newborn... and that tiny newborn is something I can be excited about!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#13 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Margaret View Post
We're getting a TrueFit. Supposed to fit newborns really well, we live in San Diego so we never would need to bundle up baby inside or keep the seat from getting too cold, etc. I'm hoping the removeable headrest will mean it will fit okay in our compact car while it's really reclined RF, and then we can put it up a bit more upright RFing when the headret has to go back on. I really hope to squeeze all four of us into our little car, b/c right now we cannot afford the upgrade to minivan! the safety forumhere IS really great, I totally rely on it for carseat into.
That is what we have, and I love it.

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#14 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 09:57 PM

I'm getting up more at night again... it's really interfering with my sleep.

Is it weird that this time around I'm really not getting BH? I had them with all 4 of my previous pregnancies. I've had a few here and there but nothing real regular. Kinda makes me nervous but then again, I had them before and was induced all of those times.

Speaking of my previous pregnancies, can I say how much I love UP'ing? I thought I would feel rather frantic and obsessive about things but really I'm quite laid back, it's really been great for my mental health.

#15 of 122 Old 07-19-2010, 10:27 PM

I've been having tons of BH.. had a lot with DS too, but these I am feeling lower and are more painful than the ones I had with DS. Never a rhyme or reason to them or anything, but yeah, getting lots of them.

I can NOT find a sleeping position that I am comfortable in other than sleeping on my back. It doesn't help that we have a HORRIBLE mattress, that has a huge concave in the center... but we got a 4 inch memory foam mattress topper about a year ago that makes it MUCH more comfy.. and with all the home improvements and the cost of this pregnancy (new crappy insurance policy) a new mattress is not in the market..... Plus I have to get up to pee at least 2 times.. and we already have the crib up in our room beside our bed (nowhere to store it anymore!) and it is of course on my side of the bed so crawling out to pee is not fun!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#16 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 01:28 AM

The April DDC is up!!!!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#17 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches View Post
The April DDC is up!!!!
Woohoo!! We're moving UP! I'm so not sorry to have to search for November towards the middle of the DDC listings.

Catie, we only recently moved the crib (which has been sidecarred for years) away from my side of the bed and into a "baby room" (which is somewhat practical as extra play space but mostly staging for selling the house, 'cause no baby of mine has EVER slept in a crib, even though we've always had one!). It is *amazing* how much easier it is to get up and go potty now! I was seriously not fond of crawling over DH every night. And neither was he.

Nic, that's awesome that UPing is going so well! Where/with whom are you planning to birth? I'm assuming you're not doing UC since you said just UP. I think I know you're doing a HB?

So the 2yo found germs somewhere, and has since shared with ALL of us. I now have a low-grade fever and feel awful. Bah. Trying not to pass out before I can ensure all children are safely asleep. I'm just wiped.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#18 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 01:43 AM

Heather, I am actually UC'ing this time... though it wasn't an immediately obvious decision. It's truly unfortunate but in IL there's just not a whole lot of options. There was a hb mw (not legal) that I was interested in meeting but she's almost 2 hours from my home and that would be a lot of wear and tear on my car (which isn't running the greatest right now) and also a 6 hr trip once a month, then twice a month, then once a week. Eep! I was trying to just go with the flow and keep my options open, dh wasn't so on board with UC'ing at first but as time seems to pass (and I've put the ball in his court more than once in regards to finances for a mw) it seems to be an idea both of us have settled into. I'm so at peace with the decision, I'm truly surprised. I have questions and concerns but no fears, not like I did with my hospital births. I think a lot of what inhibited me before (and why I was induced each time) stems from Kyle's birth (my oldest) and the trauma that I went through. This is oddly healing and cathartic, more so than I ever thought it would be...

Not that this pregnancy hasn't been without ups and downs, it has. I was very nervous in the beginning about miscarrying again because it was so fresh in my mind and I've had some issues bonding with baby, had moments where I really wished for an u/s to know the gender lol so I would have something to connect with. I think part of my bonding issues stem from my family not really acknowledging that I'm pregnant. That's been very hard on me... I so want to discuss and talk to them about it but I also don't want to be questioned about my choices, so I think it's just safer for now if I keep quiet.

Sorry.. I get rambly sometimes. Anyway, UP'ing has been very freeing and I'm really hoping that I am able to UC and that my experience is a good one. It feels like it will be...

#19 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 01:49 AM

Sounds like a very positive journey for you! My sister is in Chicago, and I worry for her when she and her DH have children - maybe in a year or two - that there aren't a ton of options. I do hope (and rather expect) that she'll go for a natural route, but with no CPMs and not many CNMs who do homebirth, well, who knows what she'll go with. Anyway, I really feel for those stuck in situations with rotten options! I'm glad it's been so freeing for you, though!

(And I'm glad I told my DH we are NOT leaving Texas until we are absolutely, positively, without question done having kids. Unfortunately, he may think that means we can move in December. )

#20 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 03:03 AM

I got a ton of hand-me-down clothing today! In fact, so much that it's possible I'll go through tomorrow and be a little more selective about what we're keeping, as I *know* we aren't going to actually use a garbage bag or more full of clothing for each size! That's just the stuff I received today, and doesn't count anything I've kept from previous kids, or stuff from earlier in the pregnancy that we already moved. But I'm also hesitant to get rid of much of it, as I'm not 100% sure what the seasons will be like where we're moving (and it's possible that I'll need more than one season's clothing at a time, as they tend to have a wide temperature spread each day), or how fast baby will grow, and I'm not counting on getting much in the way of hand-me-downs after we move, or clothing gifts as this is the second girl.

I love hand-me-downs so much! This takes care of the last of my "things baby needs" stress. Except for a pump, and I'll cross that bridge when we come to it, since I probably won't need it until we're in a better financial position to get one (ie. I get a job).

I did decide on a pump, though. I finally realized that the Avent Isis manual pump really worked for me last time (better than the PIS), so the Avent Isis IQ is probably a reasonable choice for an electric pump - at the very least it ends up being an excessively expensive manual pump that I know will work for me.

My mom is acting really weird (offering to come take the kids for a few days to get them out of our hair while we're working on the move, and then acting like it's some big imposing deal and we're being totally irresponsible for not having plans to handle it ourselves when we take her up on it (which we do - it would just be slightly easier and more pleasant for us if she took them)). Don't know quite how to respond to this, because she doesn't normally act this way. But lately she has been, and its really starting to get to me.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#21 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Woohoo!!

Catie, we only recently moved the crib (which has been sidecarred for years) away from my side of the bed and into a "baby room" (which is somewhat practical as extra play space but mostly staging for selling the house, 'cause no baby of mine has EVER slept in a crib, even though we've always had one!). It is *amazing* how much easier it is to get up and go potty now! I was seriously not fond of crawling over DH every night. And neither was he.
We got the crib for Liam before he was born (because that's where babies sleep, right? ) and put it up in a nursery for him.... yeah, never got used! We tried, but he would wake up as soon as he hit the sheets. He did sleep in a basinett for part of the night when he was a newby, but he outgrew that verrrry quickly.. So about 6 months ago we put a twin bed in his room and he's actually been sleeping in that.. we took the crib down and it was in our "junk room." Well, new baby coming and we turned our "junk room" into a playroom, rather than making another "nursery." And I decided that I wanted to go ahead and put the crib up next to the bed, in case this baby is actually a decent sleeper and will let me put him down when he is asleep and he can sleep right next to me.... I like cosleeping for part of the night, but I think my DS1 ruined me on it. I was waking up every hour or more with him for 18 months (until I nightweaned when getting pg with this little one) and he is a very restless sleeper. I am SO enjoying my space and actually sleeping with DH now (kicked him out of the bed around 12 months) and the best part is DS actually SLEEPS now in his own bed.

#22 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM

Wow, not only is the April DDC up, but several moms in the August DDC are having their babies! For some reason that seems so much closer to November than what July is. Either I have neglected doing much this summer or nesting is setting in early. Worked in dd's room all day yesterday reorganizing clothes and toys and junk in general. It looks great. Too bad the rest of the house looks like a pit!
#23 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 11:45 AM

chatty mamas!
holy!

i was busy yesterday and it feels like everything went flying forward
on april DDC & august babies! my sil & her new babe came over for supper last night (with her other 2 and the kids grama) go to hold him again. he is way too sweet.

my LO`s started swimming lessons yesterday which take up half of the day (and its mon-fri for 2 weeks) then i rushed home to cook a chicken and nut loaf and do laundry and vaccuum and do dishes ect.ect. housework never ends but its sure feeling cozy and nice here. our garden is getting big. we ate a bunch of kale from it yesterday. i love kale! we have baby zuchini`s growing & other squash too.. our peas aren't doing much..which is weird because they usually thrive.. hmm.

anyways, 2 of my kiddos are still sleeping so im sneeling in a minute to catch up

metasequoia: woohoo on the KKAFP and other finds!

bobbi, Yum. we have been eating okanagan cherries too.. just raw and fresh. they are soo good. i just ordered 20lbs of organic blueberries too

demeter: im also starving these days but i get full really fast.. so i feel like im eating all the time. i dont weigh myself, no scale.. but my face is thinner and my rings are falling off..so i guess unless my ass is getting huge and i cant see it, its all going to my belly

not sure who asked about getting up at night, but yes, im up 2 or 3 times in the night to pee then i have to go SO bad when i wake up.. its really fun. weee.

we are going to a music festival come friday. im so excited! its our first of the year and has an amazing line up. please wish us good weather.. its been insanely stormy and windy and rainy here between hot & humid moments where you think you will die of heat stroke.. maybe mother nature is feeling like I do these days..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#24 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 12:13 PM

Demeter- That's great you're UCing. I did with #4. I lived closer up your way then. I am in Southern IL now and found an IN midwife I really like but it's 1.5-2 hours there for each visit which is a PITA. She's a great midwife, though, but dh keeps trying to get me to UC again. After my last pph I want a mw, though.

Oceletmom-congrats on the hand me downs! Love hand me downs.

Holy bejeezus, April DDC? Time is flying! I started freaking out majorly last night and had an anxiety attack over the whole money and time left before baby comes thing. Add in homeschool planning and a messy house and I was losing it.

MamaFern-good luck at the music fest! We're going to a 2 day Phish show mid-August...if I can take the heat. I'd hate to not go, but it's so miserable out here. Especially around that time!

#25 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 PM

Oh, nursing pads, I need some of those. I got my sis some cloth ones when she was preggo, maybe she still has them...

I worked out today for the second week in a row. I'm aiming for at least Tuesdays & Thursdays. I used to do 3 days a week, but I'd be happy right no with 2. It's an hour long class & we do lots of leg & arm work - tons of squats. I skip any ab work (always have) & just work on my arse during that time & do some heavenly stretching. Today I kneeled down, spread my knees a bit so my belly could hang in between my thighs & laid my shoulders/head down on the mat for like 10 minutes. My inner thigh muscles feel sooooo good right now. But tomorrow I'll be crippled by pain.

Anyone in constant nesting mode already? I heard someone say that with their fourth, they nested the whole pregnancy. That's cool, this house could use a nester.

I'm really missing that sex thread. We tried another idea from it last night & the results were kind of funny, but I'm getting closer to figuring out how to get there.

#26 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:

Anyone in constant nesting mode already? I heard someone say that with their fourth, they nested the whole pregnancy. That's cool, this house could use a nester.
yes... this is my 4th too..I have been nesty since the beginning but I couldnt properly nest till a month ago when we moved in and with still fixing things its been hard, but im nesting where I can. i love it!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#27 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 01:13 PM

This weekend was horrid!! Got a nasty stomach virus from my DD and ended up very dehydrated and had to go to the hospital to get on IV fluids and so they could monitor for contractions and how the baby was doing. Water was still bouncing back after 10 hours!

Luckily after 2 bags of water and some naseau meds, I was well enough to go home and rest up. DD stayed with her Dad the rest of the weekend, as she was over her 24 hour bit.

My urine read really high in protein though. But my BP is fine. I had a prenatal yesterday and the protein is still high. My MW is hopeful it's just from being sick, but doesn't want to take chances, even though I'm not presenting any other pre-e signs... so she wants me to be very diligent with my diet this week and come again on Monday to check protein again. I pray it goes down!!

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#28 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 01:24 PM

Protein in the urine is actually very common in pregnancy.... in the absence of other things, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You should up your protein intake and more water would be my suggestions.

http://www.jfponline.com/pages.asp?aid=2812&UID= (an article about routine urine testing for glucose and protein in pregnant women)

I nested A LOT with #4, more than I ever did with the first 3, lol. I thought it was because she was a girl. I feel 'nesty' this time around but not as motivated to do stuff. I just told hubby he needs to clear a path for me to get to the dipes and baby clothes.

I can't believe April is up... I keep checking in on the August babes and mamas because that was the due date club I was in when I miscarried. It's crazy to think I'd be at the end already... it's also kind of funny to think when all is said and done, I'll have been pregnant for a year minus a 6 week break.

#29 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
I think a good rule of thumb is, if you can visualize from what's being described, it's graphic.
Thank you for this advice I was really paranoid when I posted on that thread because I wanted to share what worked for me but wasn't sure what was too much. Sounds like I probably did cross the line a little. Sorry.

This week we got some GREAT news! We have been trying to sell our property (no house, just property, the house had to be torn down) for around 2 years now. It finally sold! I can hardly wait. I soooo need some of that money to buy some diapers and things before the twins get here.

I have recently decided that I was incredibly spoiled during my other pregnancies. With all my others I had very mild symptoms, except hip pain at the end of pregnancy with my last 4, so I guess it is only fair for it all to catch up with me. But I have to say extreme nausea and fatigue for months have not been fun.

JSMa that sounds horrible and no fun at all. Hope you continue to feel better.

I dont know if I have been nesting or not but I do know that a few weeks ago dh and I got tired of all the "stuff" laying around our house and did a major deep purge of our home. It has been a very liberating experience.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#30 of 122 Old 07-20-2010, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, Sasha...I'm tired just reading your signature! I'm only expecting #4, and I feel like I'm tired all the time, but I'm slacking compared to you! Congratulations on your property selling - that must be very exciting (well, extra cash is always a good thing!).

Sorry to hear about the sickness, JSMa - I hope you feel better soon.

Fern, I love that your kids' swimming lessons are in the lake! We just finished a 2 week set at an indoor swimming pool, which was OK, but it would have been so great to be outdoors. Is R-B in swimming too? I envy your uninterrupted knitting time!

I would be nesty if I weren't so tired all the time. I'm taking the special pregnancy iron pills (with Vitamin C, Folic Acid and Vit B12 in them, compounded), but haven't found a huge difference in my energy levels yet. I'm going to the mw today (yay! - haven't been since the first week in June, since we were away), so I'll ask her what's up.

Love that we're such a chatty DDC - I seem to remember that my last DDC (Jan 08) didn't have as many chatty Cathys in it.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page