Lists! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 144 Old 09-22-2010, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I *finally* got them yesterday. I took one out and it looks pretty cool. Kinda like the old Adiri nursers I have in a way, but the nipple part is softer. I don't know if we'll even ever actually use them, but they're there just in case.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#122 of 144 Old 09-24-2010, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh, I've updated my list but I still have a long way to go. Yikes.

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#123 of 144 Old 09-24-2010, 10:26 PM

I have heard those binders or wraps are bad for prolapse does anyone know if that is true? My cervix was a bit prolapsed after my last baby so now that it is back to being high, I am hoping to have no prolapse at all after this birth.

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#124 of 144 Old 09-24-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasmom View Post
I have heard those binders or wraps are bad for prolapse does anyone know if that is true? My cervix was a bit prolapsed after my last baby so now that it is back to being high, I am hoping to have no prolapse at all after this birth.
I have a mild prolapse, though not cervical. There is a recent belly binding thread with instructions on how to properly bind so as to support the pelvic organs to actually prevent prolapse in general. That is what I will be doing.

#125 of 144 Old 09-24-2010, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Actually the Tupler technique is good for prolapse. Lose Your Mummy Tummy.. I forget the name of the website.

With my daughter I felt like wrapping my belly in an ace bandage... I had never heard of binding before this pregnancy, lol. It would have helped. I really want to get one of the Tupler wraps and a binder.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#126 of 144 Old 09-24-2010, 10:59 PM

#127 of 144 Old 09-25-2010, 12:22 AM

thanks!

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#128 of 144 Old 09-26-2010, 06:26 PM

I'm really not impressed by the Glamourmom Transition tank I got. The medium seems too small for me. I always wear a small or medium in clothes. My boobs are squished tight so it almost looks like I'm flat (they're D's!) and the shirt part just barely covers most of my stomach. Plus the nursing bra latch keeps coming undone by itself. That could be bad...

I rearranged (most) of the furniture, put up the new furniture, cleaned baby clothes and diapers and put them away, added some things to the birth box, packed up an emergency car birth kit minus a couple things I still need, worked on my birth binder, cut out the fabric for the baby wipes and an upcycled wool sleep dress, dealt with fall clothes, and sanitized the baby bouncy seat.

I did not get everything on my to-do list done this weekend, but swelling takes precedence. *sigh*

#129 of 144 Old 09-27-2010, 11:48 AM

I made a huge list of things to get done in the next 8 weeks. Huge! And so far I made a curtain for the nursery out of a quilt, made DD a jacket, made curtains for out bedroom, and cut down sheets for DD. Did I mention how random and huge my list is? But I need to also make some wool sleep sacks for the little one. Our upstairs is freezing cold. But I need to order the wool since my fav knitting shop closed down and I just don't love the other nearly as much.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#130 of 144 Old 10-04-2010, 10:41 PM

I bought the birth pool, a few more birth supplies, new binder, a few shirts and pants for post-baby me, baby socks, diaper pail, baby soap, all the etc. stuff.

I also organized (almost done!) my birth binder, got the car kit set up minus cord clamps I'm waiting on, and did a bunch more stuff I can't remember now.

I'm working on all the things that need sewn and realized time was short, so I ordered a diaper bag (from LL Bean-just a zippered tote).

#131 of 144 Old 10-04-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I bought the birth pool, a few more birth supplies, new binder, a few shirts and pants for post-baby me, baby socks, diaper pail, baby soap, all the etc. stuff.

I also organized (almost done!) my birth binder, got the car kit set up minus cord clamps I'm waiting on, and did a bunch more stuff I can't remember now.

I'm working on all the things that need sewn and realized time was short, so I ordered a diaper bag (from LL Bean-just a zippered tote).
You've been productive, eh?

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#132 of 144 Old 10-05-2010, 10:35 AM

Not as much as I need to be! I'm waaaay behind on my big to do list (not all the stuff is on here-mostly household stuff). Just trying to get it done before 36 weeks in case my edd is off like the u/s said (though I don't trust them much).

#133 of 144 Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 PM

OK. Please don't tell me I am the only one with a huge list that gets longer by the day. I have stalled on collecting birth kit stuff. I mean I have the kit just not the other 70,000 things on a separate list.

I am also nesting- and by nesting I mean I am trying to get my wreck of a house in order. I finally have struck inspiration for the living area and so I am going to paint and decorate- finally. But before I can do that I need to finish painting the trimwork in my kitchen and scrub it all with a brillo pad. Then paint the cupboards in the pantry (flat white and finger prints- an ugly combo). I caulked my windows and have about half of them covered in plastic and I have the liners for my new curtains made- but now think painting is in order before finishing the curtains. Oh and I need to make a wall quilt for this horrid wall inbetween the dining and living room.

And this is just the new stuff. My mom even scolded me telling me just to wait until she can come help. Hello. Hormones tell me to get it done now. you can't argue with that.

OK- back to painting. Anyone else up to no good?

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#134 of 144 Old 10-14-2010, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

The first car seat I was going to borrow fell through... I haven't spoken to that friend in a few months, I'm tired of begging for things. So a friend of my cousin's who had a baby in July (right around the time I was due with the pregnancy I miscarried) had a brand new extra car seat just sitting around. YAY!! Another friend that was trying to be helpful gave me an old Britax but it was more expired than my other seat, lol. Now I have 2 expired seats that I need to figure out what to do with.

I also was just gifted a very nice bouncy seat. Made me smile. Those were two pieces of gear that I had needed/wanted. I'd live w/o the bouncy seat but it sure makes things easier.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#135 of 144 Old 10-14-2010, 04:09 PM

I have all my home birth stuff ready to go and neatly tucked away in the closet. Yay! My list is getting shorter and shorter but I still have a lot of 'dream on' items, like shampoo the rugs and fall clean the entire house. A girl can dream. The important thing is I have all the baby stuff and that my house stays half-ways tidy.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#136 of 144 Old 10-16-2010, 12:36 PM

After a bout of intense false labor last night, I decided I should work on the most important last things to finish today.

1. Order hose and adaptor
2. Clean birth ball
3. Get dh to read binder
4. Bring down heater & epo from attic
5. Work more on hypnobabies
6. Get towels & blankets together
7. Rewash dipes (used 7th gen last time)
8. Finish sewing wipes & fabric basket at least
9. Test birth pool
10. Layer bed better
11. Charge video camera & delete old videos after uploading
12. Knit 2 more hats & longies
13. Make and freeze muffins, roasted applesauce, apple cake
14. Get caught up with bills

#137 of 144 Old 10-16-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
After a bout of intense false labor last night, I decided I should work on the most important last things to finish today.

1. Order hose and adaptor
2. Clean birth ball
3. Get dh to read binder
4. Bring down heater & epo from attic
5. Work more on hypnobabies
6. Get towels & blankets together
7. Rewash dipes (used 7th gen last time)
8. Finish sewing wipes & fabric basket at least
9. Test birth pool
10. Layer bed better
11. Charge video camera & delete old videos after uploading
12. Knit 2 more hats & longies
13. Make and freeze muffins, roasted applesauce, apple cake
14. Get caught up with bills
You'd think that, after a week+ of this business, I'd have gotten around to things like 1 and 10 myself. Maybe I'll lay down the wool blanket and a towel under my side of the bed today for at least some basic protection (bed got soaked the last two times, which didn't matter because we spent the next several days at the hospital, and it had a chance to dry. But it does matter this time, and apparently we don't learn well from past mistakes).

Picked up a NB Halo Sleepsack at a thrift store the other day. Now maybe I can get around to making a slightly larger one out of wool, as I've been intending to do for a while now. The one I had for using as a pattern was just too huge - it's labeled 0-9 months, but I can't imagine it actually being safe to until at least 3ish months. Now, between the two sleepsacks and a normal gown, I should be able to come up with some sort of reasonable pattern for a slightly larger baby.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#138 of 144 Old 10-16-2010, 04:32 PM

Kitty, #14 is so yucky...and is the only one ive got to do as well-

otherwise I am done with everything...sooooo- I had to make up something new to keep me occupied. I decided to have the dining room painted from white to a warm cream (pregnancy induced interior decorating urges urgh)-we shall start off the week with this. And then right after I am so totally treating myself to a cleaning lady!!! Ive been keeping the place pretty clean and have even re-organized stuff like the insides of all closets and other forgotten corners (yay!) but I need someone to come in here and do some deep hardcore scrubbing, I just cannot physically do that now. I dream of someone scrubbing the shower and bathtub...wiping all surfaces...getting into crevices...L.O.L.

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#139 of 144 Old 10-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Ok. All I really have left to do is to make/buy a diaper bag (the one I bought is too small!), make a tote basket, knit some stuff up, cook some freezer meals, and try to keep this house clean. I also need to buy a tarp. Otherwise I'm done!

#140 of 144 Old 10-28-2010, 05:03 PM

Packing the diaper bag I just made. . Trying to remember what to fill it with. I have some dipes, wipes in a case (sposie for now), nail file, hair tie, receiving blankets, hat, extra outfit for baby, wet bag, nursing pads, and crayons/paper/undies/pullup for the toddler.

I finished more on my list but will have to mark it later- I can't figure out how to do that easily on the iPod.

I have some cranberry muffins and apple bread in the freezer, but no other meals yet. Saturday I'm going to try to get some cookie dough, chili, shepherd's pie, and chicken pot pie together to freeze. Should I freeze the pies before cooking? Then cook frozen or let thaw first?

#141 of 144 Old 10-29-2010, 09:18 PM

Way to go! That is so inspiring.

In the last week I have:

1)Changed the blinds to curtains
2)Cooked two freezer meals (meatloaf & chicken italienne for pastas)
3)Washed and put away more baby clothes, blankets, dipes, etc.
4)Finally booked an appointment to get my car window fixed! No draft for baby! (pricey though, )
5)packed the hospital bag
6)did a huuuge grocery expedition to stock the freezer
7)bought some nursing bras
8)found a diaper bag
9)ordered some cloth mama pads!
10)bought (part of) my dad's xmas present
11)wrapped my mom's
12)finished the final copy of my birth plan and got it signed

I still have to:

1)Apply for E.I.
2)make more food for the freezer (muffins!)
3)buy more presents for xmas
4)Make the family xmas stockings
5)Look into ice packs & another water-proof mattress pad
6)Hem the curtains
7)Give birth to a baby.

YAY! The to-do list is the smaller one!!!

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#142 of 144 Old 10-30-2010, 02:36 AM

farren, you are getting there!!
i especially love the last item on your list.

but can we ever really get it all done?

today we got the shelves up in our laundry room & tiled the base of the wood stove hearth i also made 2 of the freezer meals i had planned (way more than 2 really since i made a dozen burritos and 30 spinach feta/kale filo pies!)

tomorrow i plan to make lasagne's and shepphard's pies for the freezer..
(wish me luck ) and some chocolate zuchinni muffins (im tired even thinking about it)

i also completed my baby socks & hat set and they are in the wool wash soak right now.. it feels so good to get these things done. i mean, i kind of wish baby was here already, on the other hand if he was then i wouldn't have been as ready.

what else.. got the herbs for our lotus birth. im REALLY hoping the silk ribbon for the cord wrapping is in the mailbox waiting for me tomorrow i think i have everything else for that now.

i guess we need to blow up the pool at some point, but i know its clean and fine since my SIL used in in july...dp supposidly has the rest all set to go. he has done this 2 times before

i guess i also want to get my birth altar stuff in one place so i can set it up when labour starts..
and supposedly my friends are going to have a blessing-way sometime soon for me .. but i dont know details and dont know if it will happen before baby come sor not. i guess it just depends on timing at this point

still hoping for a baby in october.. Halloween night late would be perfect.
that would make him 39 weeks, just like his brother was

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#143 of 144 Old 10-30-2010, 12:25 PM

wow! Lots of progress being made!

I recently-
made new slippers for mama (me!)
painted my living room/dining room/play area
winterized all our windows
made insulated drapes for 5 full length windows
finished the children's room drapes
made a couple of freezer meals
got a load of firewood

now I need to-
finish knitting the baby sleep sack
wash up baby clothes and diapers
finish the baby quilt
lanolinze woolies
make drapes for our patio doors
get my ducks butchered
gather the rest of my birthing supplies
more freezer meals
get my beef from the locker (2 hours away!)
get my new benches for our dining room (same road trip as the beef)
finish painting the trim in my kitchen (might have to wait until after baby comes)

and if I am really ambitious- paint my sewing room- it is gross and yucky right now.

#144 of 144 Old 11-05-2010, 08:13 PM

other than the sewing that i wanted to do, which i just cant while my mother is around, im ready. i cant believe that i have actually accomplished everything. now i probably get to wait another 2.5 weeks before i meet my baby..*sigh*

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page