pouch sling recos? - Mothering Forums
November 2010 > pouch sling recos?
luckiest's Avatar luckiest 10:28 PM 07-23-2010
I was all set on getting a pouch sling from kangaroo korner, and I just saw that they're out of business

DH wanted a pouch sling because ring slings are too "girly" and wraps are too fussy. Can anyone recommend another source for good pouch slings?

~Demeter~'s Avatar ~Demeter~ 10:47 PM 07-23-2010
I really LOVE my slinglings pouch.. it was my workhorse with my daughter. It got the most use out of them all.
Mom to E and A's Avatar Mom to E and A 11:03 PM 07-23-2010
Hotslings!
Love em!
wondertwins's Avatar wondertwins 02:19 AM 07-24-2010
I bought my kk pouch on diaperswappers.com and have also seen them on ebay. I know a few mom's of winter babies who swore by them, because of both the fleece and it was so easy to adjust, making it user friendly for DH.
HeatherB's Avatar HeatherB 03:36 AM 07-24-2010
How sad that KK is closed! I love my KK. The adjustability is fantastic. But... Slinglings are great, and Hotslings are, too. Hotslings did just come out with an adjustable pouch, as well.

My one issue with either of those brands is that they are all sized - and if you get the *wrong* size, it won't work. I think Slingling's measuring guide is very good, and I have really liked the pouch I had for them. Lots of great fabrics. Sometime they come up (not necessarily in the best fabrics) on the discount baby sale sites - mamabargains, etc.

I think the Hotslings adjustable pouch looks interesting, and could be a great option for those who aren't quite sure where they'll fit, or are close enough in size to share with a spouse but not *exactly* the same size.
karen1968's Avatar karen1968 08:07 PM 07-24-2010
I have a couple of Slinglings that worked great with DS. I just bought a KK fleece pouch at a consignment store, practically brand new. I think it's going to work great with this early winter baby.

New Native also makes a pouch sling, and I've seen it for sale at some of the local stores that also carry cloth diapers, etc. But I also see a lot of people wearing them WAY too big, where the baby is nearly at their crotch. So I'd be careful of the sizing info from them.
Metasequoia's Avatar Metasequoia 01:19 PM 07-25-2010
I found a KK at a local store last week! And it was on sale for only $45! She had a bit of a selection left. The store is called BirthMark in Media, PA. I wonder if she could ship one to you? There were a lot of smalls & larges, not too many mediums. I got a KKAFP (fleece), which is what I had with Ds - and I LOVED it.
Ellen Griswold's Avatar Ellen Griswold 04:26 PM 07-25-2010
I wanted a KK too and now am not sure where I'm going to find one. I do still have the New Native that I had with DD but I'll second the fact that you need to watch the size on those. I will say that the New Native was great for so many different stages with her. I think I used it for 2 straight years.
HeatherB's Avatar HeatherB 03:49 PM 07-26-2010
If you go quickly, you might be able to get a Slinglings for cheap from Mamabargains. They have organics, too!

http://www.mamabargains.com/
Adamsmama's Avatar Adamsmama 04:25 PM 07-26-2010
Hotslings are my absolute favorites!!! I have 3 now because I love them that much!!! I've had wraps and other types of slings but always stick with the Hotslings!
Quaniliaz's Avatar Quaniliaz 09:05 PM 08-09-2010
Hotslings is also closing. Press release.
HeatherB's Avatar HeatherB 10:16 PM 08-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaniliaz View Post
So sad.

The upside is their whole site is on sale right now. Lovely stuff. Wishing I could buy one now, but will be looking more on Friday when I have a small baby budget.
turtlejd's Avatar turtlejd 12:58 AM 08-10-2010
Quote:
That is soooo sad! It was one of my first carriers with DD1.
Adamsmama's Avatar Adamsmama 06:19 PM 08-10-2010
Quote:
WHAT????? NOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm so upset. I Love my hotslings. I absolutely can not believe this.
caseykn's Avatar caseykn 07:16 PM 08-10-2010
Quote:
That's crappy news. The 2 new slings I wanted to get for this babe were a KK fleece and a hotslings pouch. That sucks that the sling recalls affected them so badly.
Ellen Griswold's Avatar Ellen Griswold 07:39 PM 08-10-2010
I'm thinking that it might be time to do some shopping. I was also eyeing these. Sigh.
alexisfaye's Avatar alexisfaye 12:13 PM 08-13-2010
http://zolowear.com/ShopBabySlingsAn...?Fabric=Cotton

they have the pouches in a few colors, but OMG I love my ring sling, my husband will even wear it, and it comes in more "masculine" fabrics... (black?)

You can EASILY nurse in it. There's a DVD you get when you buy it to help you with it, and I cannot rave enough. I had a pouch which I had to return within day 2 of birth because I couldn't nurse, it wasn't adjustable, and I felt like baby was going to fall out.

I have this one:
http://zolowear.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ColorID=551
I got it on sale : )
luckiest's Avatar luckiest 01:26 PM 08-13-2010
So, lovely update from me (OP): I'd forgotten that years ago when my BIL was expecting his first, I referred them to KK for a sling. They still have it, and I'm pretty sure, since they're so adjustable, that hubs will be able to wear it (they bought it to fit his wife, but hubs is pretty thin and not crazy tall so it might work). They've offered to let us have it! Yay!

And alexis - I'm definitely getting a ring sling for myself. I tried to talk hubs into it, but he couldn't get over the "tail" looking girly. I tried telling him you can hide it, tuck it in somewhere, but no dice. I'll get it in a nice manly color just in case he changes his mind We haven't decided on a brand yet, so thank you for the link!
Up