pouch sling recos? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I was all set on getting a pouch sling from kangaroo korner, and I just saw that they're out of business

DH wanted a pouch sling because ring slings are too "girly" and wraps are too fussy. Can anyone recommend another source for good pouch slings?

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#2 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really LOVE my slinglings pouch.. it was my workhorse with my daughter. It got the most use out of them all.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 18 Old 07-23-2010, 10:03 PM

Hotslings!
Love em!

Kelly mama to DD E (14), DD A (6), DS A (4), DD E (born still at 36 weeks April 6, 2009) and fully attached to Ella Faith, now 1!!!
#4 of 18 Old 07-24-2010, 01:19 AM

I bought my kk pouch on diaperswappers.com and have also seen them on ebay. I know a few mom's of winter babies who swore by them, because of both the fleece and it was so easy to adjust, making it user friendly for DH.

Nikki, mama to DD and DS1 twins.gif (6/07) and DS2 babyboy.gif (10/10) 
#5 of 18 Old 07-24-2010, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How sad that KK is closed! I love my KK. The adjustability is fantastic. But... Slinglings are great, and Hotslings are, too. Hotslings did just come out with an adjustable pouch, as well.

My one issue with either of those brands is that they are all sized - and if you get the *wrong* size, it won't work. I think Slingling's measuring guide is very good, and I have really liked the pouch I had for them. Lots of great fabrics. Sometime they come up (not necessarily in the best fabrics) on the discount baby sale sites - mamabargains, etc.

I think the Hotslings adjustable pouch looks interesting, and could be a great option for those who aren't quite sure where they'll fit, or are close enough in size to share with a spouse but not *exactly* the same size.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#6 of 18 Old 07-24-2010, 07:07 PM

I have a couple of Slinglings that worked great with DS. I just bought a KK fleece pouch at a consignment store, practically brand new. I think it's going to work great with this early winter baby.

New Native also makes a pouch sling, and I've seen it for sale at some of the local stores that also carry cloth diapers, etc. But I also see a lot of people wearing them WAY too big, where the baby is nearly at their crotch. So I'd be careful of the sizing info from them.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#7 of 18 Old 07-25-2010, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I found a KK at a local store last week! And it was on sale for only $45! She had a bit of a selection left. The store is called BirthMark in Media, PA. I wonder if she could ship one to you? There were a lot of smalls & larges, not too many mediums. I got a KKAFP (fleece), which is what I had with Ds - and I LOVED it.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#8 of 18 Old 07-25-2010, 03:26 PM

I wanted a KK too and now am not sure where I'm going to find one. I do still have the New Native that I had with DD but I'll second the fact that you need to watch the size on those. I will say that the New Native was great for so many different stages with her. I think I used it for 2 straight years.
#9 of 18 Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 PM

If you go quickly, you might be able to get a Slinglings for cheap from Mamabargains. They have organics, too!

http://www.mamabargains.com/

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#10 of 18 Old 07-26-2010, 03:25 PM

Hotslings are my absolute favorites!!! I have 3 now because I love them that much!!! I've had wraps and other types of slings but always stick with the Hotslings!
#11 of 18 Old 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM

Hotslings is also closing. Press release.
#12 of 18 Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaniliaz View Post
So sad.

The upside is their whole site is on sale right now. Lovely stuff. Wishing I could buy one now, but will be looking more on Friday when I have a small baby budget.

#13 of 18 Old 08-09-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
That is soooo sad! It was one of my first carriers with DD1.

Joyce, mama to DD 3/05 and DS 6/08 cautiously expecting #3 EDD 11/18/10
#14 of 18 Old 08-10-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
WHAT????? NOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm so upset. I Love my hotslings. I absolutely can not believe this.
#15 of 18 Old 08-10-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
That's crappy news. The 2 new slings I wanted to get for this babe were a KK fleece and a hotslings pouch. That sucks that the sling recalls affected them so badly.

Casey - Mama to my little lovey girl 6-2-07 and my littler lovey girl 11-16-10!
#16 of 18 Old 08-10-2010, 06:39 PM

I'm thinking that it might be time to do some shopping. I was also eyeing these. Sigh.
#17 of 18 Old 08-13-2010, 11:13 AM

http://zolowear.com/ShopBabySlingsAn...?Fabric=Cotton

they have the pouches in a few colors, but OMG I love my ring sling, my husband will even wear it, and it comes in more "masculine" fabrics... (black?)

You can EASILY nurse in it. There's a DVD you get when you buy it to help you with it, and I cannot rave enough. I had a pouch which I had to return within day 2 of birth because I couldn't nurse, it wasn't adjustable, and I felt like baby was going to fall out.

I have this one:
http://zolowear.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ColorID=551
I got it on sale : )
#18 of 18 Old 08-13-2010, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
So, lovely update from me (OP): I'd forgotten that years ago when my BIL was expecting his first, I referred them to KK for a sling. They still have it, and I'm pretty sure, since they're so adjustable, that hubs will be able to wear it (they bought it to fit his wife, but hubs is pretty thin and not crazy tall so it might work). They've offered to let us have it! Yay!

And alexis - I'm definitely getting a ring sling for myself. I tried to talk hubs into it, but he couldn't get over the "tail" looking girly. I tried telling him you can hide it, tuck it in somewhere, but no dice. I'll get it in a nice manly color just in case he changes his mind We haven't decided on a brand yet, so thank you for the link!

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page