Weight Gain - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 07-31-2010, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think I just have some varicose veins in my left calf that I can see-but that's not surprising with my knee issues (osteomalacia patalae).

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#32 of 37 Old 07-31-2010, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've gained 7 pounds so far and I'm at 24 weeks. I started off the pregnancy obese, so I'm not supposed to gain much weight (I should only gain 15-20 lbs in all). The Dr says I'm doing well on the weight gain, so I figure I'm doing okay.

Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch.
#33 of 37 Old 08-01-2010, 09:28 PM

I've gained about 9 pounds so far at 23 weeks- I also am 'plus size' so I'm happy I haven't gained more. I definitely have some 'reserves', lol. I gain weight so easily and I eat very healthfully so I was a little worried- but so far so good!

8/2008, 1/2009 and 5/2009... Expecting first baby November 28ish, 2010!!!! So excited!
#34 of 37 Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I think I just have some varicose veins in my left calf that I can see-but that's not surprising with my knee issues (osteomalacia patalae).
The only place I have some varicose veins is on the shin of my bad knee leg, probably because of all the surgery I've had on that side.

I've gained 11 lbs so far (at 26 weeks), 10 lbs less than at this time in my first pregnancy, but I started out 10 lbs heavier this time and when I looked back at my notes, I weigh the exact same thing at 26 weeks and am on track to weigh the same in the end. Interesting how it all balances out.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#35 of 37 Old 08-02-2010, 11:15 PM

I've gained about 10 pounds so far and I am at 23 weeks (the tail end of our due date club).

I gained a total of 38 pounds with my son and started off probably 10 pounds heavier. This pregnancy I started out at about 128 and now my scale says 138. I barely gained anything in the first part of pregnancy with my son, it all piled on at the end probably due to the fact that I stopped working and was traveling/visiting family for the last two months of the pregnancy.

I would like to stay in the 25-35 pound weight gain this time, although I lost all the weight I gained with my son and then another 10 or so while I was still nursing. If I gain a pound a week from here on out, I'll be on target.

Also I didn't have any morning sickness or nausea. My appetite was a little low due to the heat this summer but I am eating pretty much the same as I usually do.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#36 of 37 Old 08-03-2010, 04:00 PM

I am 23 weeks and am up 3 lbs so far. I was about 15lbs overweight pre-preg, so my OB hasn't made a big deal about my lack of weight gain. I lost 8 lbs in my first trimester, then gained that back, and in the past 2 weeks I have put on the 3 lbs. I have a feeling this will be a snowball effect, lol. I don't know what to expect as this is my first, but I have a feeling I'll be gaining a lot in my 3rd trimester.
#37 of 37 Old 08-03-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethusila View Post
I am 23 weeks and am up 3 lbs so far. I was about 15lbs overweight pre-preg, so my OB hasn't made a big deal about my lack of weight gain. I lost 8 lbs in my first trimester, then gained that back, and in the past 2 weeks I have put on the 3 lbs. I have a feeling this will be a snowball effect, lol. I don't know what to expect as this is my first, but I have a feeling I'll be gaining a lot in my 3rd trimester.
this is my EXACT report (weird!)... except i'm ~25 wks, and this is my 5th baby, so i know i will be snowballing from now on (i always gain the most in the last 2 months). my net weight gains each pregnancy have been 15-25 lbs.

lady.gifMama of: DSjammin.gif (9), twins DDjoy.gif & DSautismribbon.gif (6), DSkid.gif (3), and DDbabygirl.gif born 11/2010

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page