Knittin' & Sewin' Mamas! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 127 Old 10-08-2010, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
yeah. i prefer them too. im using 2.5mm needles and i dont like the short row heel.. i have frogged it a few times. arg! im not sure why im not getting it..pregnancy brain drain sucks.
Ug - I had to frog a whole section of my heel last night because I have this STUPID ssp through back loop stitch...while trying to get it, a whole pile of stitches slipped off my needles, and a huge hole developed in my beautiful sock.

I'm knitting with 2 mm needles and sock wool - TINY stitches!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#122 of 127 Old 10-08-2010, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

i hate the heel on the pattern i was knitting so i found a tutorial online (video) that makes the easiest nicest heel...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu5YAKsAEpY
it says its for toe up socks, but it makes the heel symmetrically so it works for either or.. i did this heel in like 5 seconds after an hour of trying another one..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#123 of 127 Old 10-11-2010, 12:11 PM

I started the owlie sleep sack this weekend in a superwash merino worsted. For those of you who have made it (Fern, anyone else?), do you feel like it is large enough? The yarn I picked is considered worsted, but it doesn't look as thick as other worsteds I've used. I did a gauge swatch, had to increase needle size to 8, but it looks small! Granted I am only through the owls and have just started again on the stockinette section, and I know it will stretch, but I don't think baby will be buried in this huge sleep sack like the picture. Maybe the babe in the picture is a small newborn? DS was 8 pounds, so I'm expecting a similar weight for this babe. It is adorable though!!
#124 of 127 Old 10-11-2010, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

it does seem small.. it may end up being a dolly sleep sack for my dd's babies

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#125 of 127 Old 10-11-2010, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I used malabrigo and it looked plenty big for my 21-22" babies until I friggin felted it.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#126 of 127 Old 10-11-2010, 09:09 PM

Oh, kitty!

I once got so excited about a sweater I'd just finished that I decided to spin it down in the washer....it felted before I ever got a chance to wear it. So heartbreaking!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#127 of 127 Old 10-13-2010, 05:13 PM

Hey ladies, not been doing too much crafting until just lately (since I don't have enough energy to do much else!) Finally got some cotton gauze and made my own moby-style wrap carrier...but I'm a little disappointed in how it looks 'cause I don't have a surger and had to just turn the cut edge and zig-zag over it. Plus, I cut the ends on the bias to reduce bulk in tying, and when I stitched over that part it got kind of frilly looking. Not sure if stay-stitching would have helped prevent that or not. I still have the other half, so I might try it on that one and see if it works any better.

On the crochet front, I've got two projects currently on the hooks--a lacy cardigan for me, and a simple hexagon blanket for baby's playpen. You can see pics and pattern details on my blog: http://cocoacream.wordpress.com/2010...ting-for-baby/

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page