Weekly Chat August 3 ~ August 9 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 101 Old 08-09-2010, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so frustrated and upset. The other driver from yesterday's accident filed a claim with her insurance I was hoping to avoid that; it was such a low-speed crash, there were no injuries and such minor damage. A broken reflector, that was it. Not even the tail light! I really hope she isn't claiming injury now

I'm off to Pilates. I hope it helps me calm down.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#92 of 101 Old 08-09-2010, 02:47 PM

Karen. It's annoying when people get pissy about what should be a small matter. I hope it gets cleared up soon.

Seriously, Fern? Their tub was STOLEN? Aren't those suckers HEAVY? Yikes!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#93 of 101 Old 08-09-2010, 04:39 PM

I hate when I go too long from posting on the weekly chat, I get sooo far behind on everything.

Ellen, my heart goes out to you and yours, I sincerely hope they find out what is going on with your mom soon.

Karen, geesh what a jerk. I'm sorry they filed a claim, hopefully this person wont claim injury on you and if they do their lie will be seen through quickly.

Not a lot going on at my end of things. I have been researching, researching, researching about what to do concerning labor and delivery for my boys. I "think" I have my head around it now, but it seems like just when I know for sure the correct course of action I read something conflicting with just as much research behind it...

I have two nieces that are pregnant with their first children. One niece had hers a couple of days ago. Such a pretty little baby! It has massively gotten me excited about having our own little bitty guys here in a few months.

Oh and another piece of good news! My mom has taken to bringing me big baskets of tomatoes from her garden every so often and I am absolutely in heaven eating them. Fresh garden tomatoes have got to be one of my favorite foods in the world.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#94 of 101 Old 08-09-2010, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It's so hard to keep up with chats some weeks!

Hugs to everyone in need. It's been a doozy of a week (or the past couple of weeks.)

I'm totally run down & my immune system waved the white flag. Poor little Ds had that swimmer's ear, then a mild cough that the girls had but his got really bad last Tuesday. he went to the doctor twice for the cough last week & both times the docs listened to his lungs & said they were clear. They kept suggesting Pertussis because he would cough so severely that he couldn't breathe (especially during the night) & his lips would turn bluish, then he'd just collapse on the floor/ground from sheer exhaustion from the coughing.

What's crazy is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a Pertussis swab done around here. Not at the doctor's office, not at the Quest lab, not at the hosp. lab - but supposedly at the ER. So I finally just took him to the ER today after 6 nights of little sleep & terrifying episodes of no breathing. They said they didn't do the Pertussis swab, but they didn't think he had that.
They were floored that our doc didn't order a chest xray last Tuesday after his cough morphed into this scary thing. So they did a chest xray & voila, he has pneumonia.
They didn't hassle me at all about not vaxing - when she asked if he was vaxed, I just said "Not for Pertussis" (but neglected to say "not for anything.")
I'm hoping it's bacterial & not viral because I just gave him his first dose of abx & I want him to be okay...NOW! And I want to sleep well again. He only needs five days of abx, once each day - not so bad.

I started with a dry cough 2 days ago & a sore throat yesterday that turned wicked overnight. I'm one of those lucky people who gets strep just from thinking about it, so if it's still sore by Wednesday when we go for Ds's follow-up, I'll have it cultured.

I hope this cough goes away quickly, I need my insides to stay there.

It's been a crazy time for a lot of us, huh? I wonder if a glass of wine is in order with dinner tonight?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#95 of 101 Old 08-09-2010, 05:28 PM

Meta - that must be so scary. I had viral pneumonia once, and I don't wish the coughing and hacking on anyone. I hope your little guy (and you) feel better soon.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#96 of 101 Old 08-09-2010, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, huge huge hugs to everyone who needs them!

It does seem that a lot of us are dealing with lots of stuff..May all the bad stuff be overcome soon, and sick ones get healthy fast. Lets hope we are all given our hurdles to overcome now, so we don't have to do it right when the babies are coming. And after that, may it all be smooth sailing into the fall!

I dont have much to report...had an ER scare with my Dad, with everything turning out ok.
Now I am in the midst of preparing for Dd1's Bday party, I cant believe my baby is turning 8. We decided to do a beach party, so will have a few friends come down to the beach and the kids can have fun with kites, stringing seashell necklaces and running around.
I am in major nesting mode. At 27 weeks. I am doing my best to put some projects aside to do later but every day I give in...Im so afraid that by 30 weeks every single thing will be done and Ill be bored out of my mind. Im kind of backwards...worrying about getting everything done too soon...

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#97 of 101 Old 08-09-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMySofie View Post
It does seem that a lot of us are dealing with lots of stuff..May all the bad stuff be overcome soon, and sick ones get healthy fast. Lets hope we are all given our hurdles to overcome now, so we don't have to do it right when the babies are coming. And after that, may it all be smooth sailing into the fall!
What a beautiful thought and perfectly said.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#98 of 101 Old 08-09-2010, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Looks like most of us could use a hug about now!

I'm also not able to keep up and do personals, though I do try to read as much as I can...

I'm going from overwhelmed to fine to depressed to who-knows-what... Today I'm feeling totally depressed about the whole house situation. We have a little leading/leaning as to what to do but it's going to take more than that to have it figured out. I just want answers and final ones, at that. And I have no inertia to get anything else done. I really think I'm going to just go lay down with my 2yo since my big boys are with my mom (still). Later, she'll come over and we'll all sit and pray about what to do. We just need answers - and peace.

Baby seems to be doing fine. 25+ weeks now. Hard to believe. I keep worrying that there's something wrong and baby isn't moving as much. I think I'm just not paying as much attention in general, though. Anyone else? Now I am trying to make mental note when I'm feeling movement (numerous times a day), and I do think everything's fine. S/he is not nearly as active as my last little guy was, but that's okay - he's STILL super active and I could do with a more peaceful child.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#99 of 101 Old 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Meta - that must be so scary. I had viral pneumonia once, and I don't wish the coughing and hacking on anyone. I hope your little guy (and you) feel better soon.
Thanks. How did you know it was viral vs. bacterial? How long did it last?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#100 of 101 Old 08-09-2010, 08:57 PM

Heather, I worry about the movement thing too. Last week I was so upset about it that I kept thinking I was going to have to go in and be checked...and then I'd get a little bit of movement and think, maybe not just yet and it would keep going like that. The past few days, however, I have had so much movement that it has almost been painful at times. It was uplifting to feel since stuff has not been good with my mom. On that front, they've really run all the medical tests that are available and tomorrow she is going to be moved to the geriatric mental health unit. This was not a terrible shock to me but I think my dad was still holding out hope that it was an easily cured physical problem. My sister has flown into town to help and I have driven back home again. I feel like I have aged an entire lifetime since I drove down there yesterday morning. The kiddos (both mine and the 2 I babysit) were pretty good for dh. He let dd just fall asleep in front of the tv last night and even managed to transfer her to the bed - something that I'm not always successful with. Apparently she was upset this morning around 5 when I wasn't there with her for a while but finally did go back to sleep. All in all, that was about the best we could hope for there.

Sounds like we've all had a rather tough week and I'll second the thought that it will be better before these babies are born! I happened to see a newborn being carried out of the hospital while I was there and I thought, "Holy crap - I'm going to have one of those....SOON!" It was a sort of joyful panic.
#101 of 101 Old 08-10-2010, 07:28 PM

New thread here:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1252067

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page