It's a new week - new chat! August 17-23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hope no one beat me to this... i checked and didn't see anything...

to those of you who were recommending SPD treatments (sorry, i dunno who is was):

- laying on back and flopping out legs - i will have to start doing that -- it does feel good, and i didn't know it could help prevent pain as the resource i looked at recommended keeping legs closed as much as possible. my hips seem to pop out of socket all the time, so it's easy to lay my legs flat in the butterfly position...not sure if that's a good thing or not for SPD! i also sit cross-legged (aka "indian style") often...again, not sure if that hurts or helps.

- chiropractic - i have been considering this, but i need to check if my chiro takes medicaid; i haven't been since hubby lost his job (and we lost our insurance) last may (2009). now that he's been in school our only "insurance" option is medicaid...so, here's hoping! i do know that there are chiros around here that have a $10/visit fee for medicaid recipients, but even that is not feasible right now since i'm sure they will want me to come regularly...i was supposed to be going 3x/wk for my back, but haven't gone in over a year!

the double-folded pillow between my legs has made a difference, but i'm still sore every morning.

ETA:
Quote:
kittywitty wrote: "Is anyone else's kid still flipping around a bunch? Baby was vertex for awhile after being stubbornly breech, but yesterday was quite obviously transverse, and breech, and then finally went vertex at bedtime. Come on, kid, stay head down! No cervical kickboxing!"
YES!! she has been breech for weeks now, but over the past few days i feel like a hamster wheel! i'm never quite sure what position she's in but i know she's been all over the place lately. i would love it if she would finally settle in vertex and STAY THERE. *sigh*

lady.gifMama of: DSjammin.gif (9), twins DDjoy.gif & DSautismribbon.gif (6), DSkid.gif (3), and DDbabygirl.gif born 11/2010

#2 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

whoops, double-posted!

lady.gifMama of: DSjammin.gif (9), twins DDjoy.gif & DSautismribbon.gif (6), DSkid.gif (3), and DDbabygirl.gif born 11/2010

#3 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 12:26 PM

I went to a chiropractor last week for my spd and it helped quite a bit. I need to remember to sit better in the car and not lean back so much because I think that was making it worse. I am still sore in the morning but it's not as bad. I want to go back this week but our insurance doesn't kick in until the 3rd of September so I'm trying to hold out till than since the last visit was out of pocket and higher than what my deductible will be.

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#4 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 01:00 PM

I don't think I have SPD but my groin muscles are really sore. They feel like they are being stretched out like when you do butterfly stretches even when I am just walking.

I love catching the chat thread early, it gets long so quick.

How is everyone? Another week down!

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#5 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 01:05 PM

It was interesting to read this book and see how different her advice is to that given by US docs and phys. therapists. I think it DOES make sense to keep legs/knees parallel when doing certain moves - for me, it certainly lessens to pain when rolling over in bed, for example. But doing her exercises doesn't hurt me, and it seems to be keeping the pain from getting worse (if I did them as often as I should, the pain might even go away!).

BTW, the book is "Relieving Pelvic Pain During and After Pregnancy" by Cecile Rost. You should see if your local library has it - ours had two copies. The pertinent part of the book is only 20-30 pages, and she even includes the "right" way to move after baby is born, including getting out of the car and standing at the changing table.

-------
I've got an interesting weekend ahead - DH and DS are going to visit my in-laws without me from Thurs morn to Tues afternoon. I'm torn between making it a productive weekend (cleaning, sewing, weeding, knitting) or making it a fun weekend (sleeping, movies, knitting). I'm sure it will be a mix of both, but I'm getting worried the days will be filled with chores. Not really what I want. I might designate at least one day as a "day off" and just laze about reading and knitting. I do have a massage scheduled for Monday, and I'll probably come home after and take a long bath and then maybe a nap I figure this will be my last real alone time for a couple of years!

In other good news, DH and I are going on a DATE tonight

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#6 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 01:20 PM

For some reason I never check in on the weekly chats---but I feel like since I got here early, I can hop in!

We've got an insane week ahead of us. For starters, we have an u/s tomorrow to hopefully tell us there's just one bean in there....but man, I feel like I've got so much pointing to two at this point.

Then on Friday we leave for vacation for TWO WEEKS!!! On Saturday we have a wedding in Maine, and my mom is babysitting the boys. Then on Monday we go to family camp at the camp I went to and was a counselor at. I am so excited---and it means no internet or anything for a whole week! Awesome!

The week after we head to my mom's in Maine, which will be nice. We come back to Philly the weekend before Labor Day.

I have zero energy to pack, but we've got so much to do.

In the end though, I REALLY just want to have this u/s over with so we know one way or the other...driving me bonkers!

DHM---Have you tried wedging a pillow under your belly? That makes all the difference for me with my back. I have one pillow between my legs, and then a down one that I wedge under my belly---because if I lie on my side I have a few inches between belly and bed. I'm super sore on the mornings that this pillow goes MIA for me....

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

#7 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliversmommy View Post
DHM---Have you tried wedging a pillow under your belly? That makes all the difference for me with my back. I have one pillow between my legs, and then a down one that I wedge under my belly---because if I lie on my side I have a few inches between belly and bed. I'm super sore on the mornings that this pillow goes MIA for me....
yes, i try to sleep with a pillow for the front and the back, but my 2yo is constantly stealing the one that's on the edge of the bed (where his bed is wedged) so that he can snuggle up there. when that happens, he becomes my support pillow. i have been trying to practice the "rest right" (i think that's what it's called) positioning from spinningbabies.com where i use the pillow in front to support my upper body so my belly is resting on the bed but without my full upper body weight on it (and top knee is resting on the knee pillow). i do like that position, except when i have a BH ctx (then it hurts). in past pregnancies i have slept wedged between 2 pillows to keep me perfectly balanced on my side, but that often aggravates the hip pain as it puts all the weight on my big ol' hips. and it seems that i pulled a muscle in my lower back the other night just by sleeping in a funny position -- no idea how that happened! argh.

#8 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 02:20 PM

Oliversmommy-- good luck with your Ultrasound tomorrow! I am anxious to see the results!

kittywitty-- this kid has been wiggling/flipping like CRAZY the last couple days. He's been breech or transverse most of the time that I can tell, so I am hoping all of this flipping is him trying to get into the RIGHT position! I am getting really nervous to be 28 weeks with a breech baby...

We have an exciting-ish week.. I've got lots of cleaning and errands to do before Saturday, and we are leaving for our annual family camping trip! My family has been doing this tradition since before I was born.. it is so much fun.. aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents... lots of us! Our sites are right on a lake, it is beautiful! I will post pics when we get back. And next week is my DS's 2nd birthday! I can't believe it.

Hope everyone has a good week! Sorry to all of you experiencing the SPD... I think I may have a mild case of it, I have definitely been having a lot of pelvic pain if I sit/walk too much, and if I lay on my side.. but as long as I don't overdo it it is manageable..

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#9 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Catie, have fun camping!

Good to know I'm not the only one with a kid flipping around. The other night at dinner I was getting some very violent movement in there. I felt abused! I kept yelling out because it was so sudden each time and so painful.

My SPD has been killing me, too. I wish chiros around here took medicaid, but they aren't since IL hasn't been paying their bills. It's $20-24 a visit and can not even afford one a week. But I so need a chiro. Right now I use a pillow between my legs but also can not lay straight on my hip. I have to lean forward or backward quite a bit to get comfy. Well, right now I'm on the couch since my bedroom is a bazillion degrees, so that makes it more difficult...

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#10 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 03:33 PM

Just back from an ob appointment. All is looking well. There are 3 doctors in the practice but I love this one in particular because she delivered my other babies and has a way of making you feel great even if you don't feel so great. I DO seem to have an umbilical hernia, but she didn't seem all that concerned about it. It had been hurting a while back when I forgot to mention it to her, but now it really doesn't seem to bother me. I could go for it just going away after baby is born as opposed to the surgical repair. Not a big deal, I know, but what a hassle.

I can relate to everybody's money woes. Because of the way that dh's pay dates fall this year, he actually skips a paycheck this month. There is never a convenient time for such a thing to happen.
#11 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 03:52 PM

MamaFern - (answering your Q from the old thread) we are driving to Kelowna, staying with friends for the weekend, and then continuing on to Victoria to stay with friends for the week. They are our closest friends and just moved there last winter, we are so excited to see them again. Then we'll be driving back and hopefully doing another stay-over on the way to break up the 12-14 hour drive.

So yeah, any long-distance preggo driving tips are definitely welcome! :P

I just had another Drs appointment today and they always make me feel so great! I feel so so lucky to have her as my doctor. In my ideal world I'd be having a water birth... but I'm so new to this that I did decide to go hospital birth with her. She is awesome, though! Today she encouraged me to go natural, she talked about different birthing positions, she brought up not cutting the umbellical right away, we talked about c-sections as the absolute last thing we would ever want, she encourages me to breast-feed until 2 at least... I could gush about her forever, especially after reading about so many hopsital births gone wrong with doctors who could care less.

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#12 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrenSquare View Post

So yeah, any long-distance preggo driving tips are definitely welcome! :P
We just made the 8 hour trip out to Vernon (and back)...it was okay the first time but after a week of holiday it was harder coming back as I was tired out and sore from sleeping in a strange bed, plus it was hot out and I didn't do as well. There was a pond at one of the rest stops and I went wading in to give my feet a break. Lots of stops are a good thing, take lots of water and snacks too. I had a neck pillow, which was nice. I was sitting with my right foot up on the dash for part of the trip and ended up with a skinny right foot and a swollen left one. I was glad DH did all the driving as I had to shift around in my seat a lot. I still think it was better than when we went on a driving holiday in my first tri and I was sick and dizzy

Enjoy your trip! (Oh yeah, and the fruit is really good there right now. I brought back a 10 lb box of peaches. Yum).

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#13 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post
Just back from an ob appointment. All is looking well. There are 3 doctors in the practice but I love this one in particular because she delivered my other babies and has a way of making you feel great even if you don't feel so great. I DO seem to have an umbilical hernia, but she didn't seem all that concerned about it. It had been hurting a while back when I forgot to mention it to her, but now it really doesn't seem to bother me. I could go for it just going away after baby is born as opposed to the surgical repair. Not a big deal, I know, but what a hassle.

I can relate to everybody's money woes. Because of the way that dh's pay dates fall this year, he actually skips a paycheck this month. There is never a convenient time for such a thing to happen.
I shouldn't have pressed my luck. Ds came up and gave me a big hug, rested his chin right on the spot where I have that hernia and now it is KILLING me.
#14 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 05:50 PM

Sounds like there is a lot of camping in our DDC for the next few weeks.

FarrenSquare, that is GREAT to hear about your dr. My midwife isn't even that supportive with AP type stuff. You are blessed with her for sure.

I too have been having the issues with laying too long on my hip and it starting to hurt really bad. I use dh as a body pillow so bless his heart I think he is going crazy with me climbing over him to switch sides all night long. Good thing he is a deep sleeper.

Speaking of dh... he came home with some surprising information today. A good friend of his has a band that is opening for a band in Louisville late this month and dh got invited to do a song with them. For dh but he wants us to come with...
Ultimately we have decided to plan a family vacation around it and for us to just kind of decided the night of the concert if I want to bring me and the kiddos to it. I would LOVE to be there for dh but the idea of my big pregnant self and 5 kiddos (particularly a 13 year old dd that totally looks to be in her late teens) being back stage at a concert kind of makes my heart go flutter flutter. Yea... I think ultimately me and the kids will be staying at either the hotel room or the campground depending on which one we end up going with.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#15 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 06:34 PM

Hey everyone! I can't believe how quickly the weeks are going by these days! I totally missed last week's chat thread...just too much going on around here.

Had another appnt. with my CNM this morning. It was time to do the glucose test, and I was prepared for the worst with the sweet orange drink...but it wasn't that bad after all. I was allowed to drink water afterwards, which helped wash away the super sweetness. And while I waited in the exam room I did little circles with my arms and legs in hopes of burning off some of that extra energy. Now I just have to wait and see if I get a call back or not. I really hope not to, of course. Baby's heartbeat was good and strong, between 150 and 160, as usual. I'm measuring 29wks, which is good, since I'm just about there.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty decent, although I started having heartburn last week...I didn't know what it was for a couple of days since I've never had heartburn before. But I finally figured it out and decided to take some store brand Tums...worked wonders! I'm also occasionally having some low back/hip pain, but it's not too bad yet. I just wish I could find one or two sleep positions that would work consistently for me. I sleep different ways every night, and the same thing doesn't seem to work for more than two nights in a row. I still keep waking up to find myself lying on my back, even though I don't start out that way.

I think my babe has been moving around quite a bit lately, too. I was feeling like he was tranverse a week or so ago, but now I think he's vertex...but not sure. I haven't figured out how to palpitate his position, and I forgot to ask the CNM if she could today. But the strongest kicking lately has been up high on either side. Here's hoping all our babes find the right position soon and stay there!

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
#16 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can't believe how fast this is moving AND it's only on the first page.

I keep wanting to reply but just can't find time and/or mental energy for it.

My eyes have been bugging me (probably need to switch to a new pair of contacts), so I've also been limiting screen time.

It is HOT here. Our a/c is only a few years old and has NEVER been able to keep up in the summer. We have tons and tons of windows (mostly not covered) and I'm sure that's a factor. It doesn't help that my desk is in the kitchen which doesn't have a ceiling fan so there's no extra air flow. I'm just hoping the summer ends soon. Wishful thinking around here, though... But, *maybe* by November it'll start getting cooler and then we can have a baby. Thinking about baby does keep me more positive.

So with all the house drama we have good news/bad news. Bad news is we are backing out of the new house. Good news is we will use the money we get back (and they are giving it ALL back - not keeping the portion that they said they would ) to redo our master bath (which needed to be redone and we thought we'd get redone *before* listing it) so I'll have a lovely bath for the end of pregnancy and enjoying with my new baby. That's a long-held dream and I'm glad I'll get that, at least. We'll also put in new carpet in the room that is now DH's office (2nd largest bedroom - 12x14!), and he'll move to what is currently set up as the baby room/toddler room (which was mostly just for staging but worked well). Then we'll move toys into the new "play room" which is next to the boys' room already, so they have a BIG area that's enclosed to play in. They have hardly got any toys right now (all packed) and hardly any furniture for toys (i.e., train table is packed, toy shelves/buckets are packed, etc.). So we may have to UNpack some of that and move it back in, but we also will surely get more things for Christmas in a few months, so they'll have *something*. And DH says we should just give them the dollhouse I've been holding onto for 2 years that I was going to give them for Christmas. I know they'd love it and he says we should just get something else for Christmas. So who knows. At least they could enjoy that now, with what else they already have.

So the good news is that we don't have to do any more showings, don't have to worry about finding a buyer, and can start planning for baby, homeschooling, etc. Those are things I've been longing to get to the point of being able to think about, so that's good.

We're not entirely sure what will happen later, but the basic plan is to take this money we get back, invest it in this house (the bathroom, carpet in the office that currently has no flooring, and perhaps the kitchen, too), and then be able to sell more quickly when the time comes, likely in the next year. It wasn't without a ton of prayer and agreement on all sides that we came to this decision, but I'm still bummed. I'm hoping we can start getting these new things happening and that we'll all be really excited about THAT. It *IS* good to know, for sure, where I'll be birthing, and to look forward to a newly remodeled bathroom, too.

Sorry to ramble. We just decided last night and have sent in the paperwork to do it all today. Haven't told anyone other than those immediately involved in the decision and paperwork. Yet dreamed about it all night.

Baby movement... I've been thinking baby's been more stable lately, but I have no idea what position s/he's in. For a while I was getting changes between transverse, vertex/breech, etc., but it seems to be more vertex/breech consistently. I get movements ALL over so it's hard to tell! And my MW says she won't be able to tell for a while more. I'm hoping to get an u/s in the next few weeks so we can get an idea of where s/he is, at least! Though this is the first time I've gotten this far with NO u/s and I'm not entirely opposed to going without, altogether. But I'd love to get a peek, too, and I know my boys would love it! And, we have videos of all the other kids, so it would be good to have one of this one, too. Hmm...

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#17 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 07:10 PM

Oh! I have $35 in PayPal and want to buy something for baby. Anyone got a favorite etsy shop or somewhere else that takes PayPal that I should look at? Enable me, please!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#18 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 08:53 PM

Sasha-too bad we're broke! I'm not that far from Louisville and it would be nice to meet a fellow ddc'er.

#19 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Oh! I have $35 in PayPal and want to buy something for baby. Anyone got a favorite etsy shop or somewhere else that takes PayPal that I should look at? Enable me, please!
What are you looking for? I have tons of favs right now over at etsy. I me some etsy!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#20 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 10:04 PM

FarrenSquare--I LOVE Victoria, BC! We ran a marathon there in 2005 and then went back for New Year's day in 2006. There is a great little pub there that we still talk about---and that amazing hotel with the really fun safari lounge area. Have fun!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

#21 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 10:36 PM

I can't tell for sure, but I think baby is head down, because I feel lots of moving and pushing movements up at the top that might be feet, and then sometimes a larger, roundish part in the middle that might be her bottom... honestly, I have no idea, but breech is my worst nightmare!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#22 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
What are you looking for? I have tons of favs right now over at etsy. I me some etsy!!
Well, I'm open to ideas! We don't know gender so super-cute GN clothes are awesome, or sweet little toys, or accessories that are GN, etc. It's a little money I earned on my own and so I'm ready to totally splurge with it, even if it's not THAT much.

#23 of 137 Old 08-17-2010, 11:03 PM

I think my babe has finally settled into head down... but was all over the place a couple weeks ago.

I visited my grandparents today. My grandma is finally talking to me about the baby/pregnancy. I kinda like having skipped over all the awkward feelings part... well.. the discussion of awkward feelings and negativity, I should say. My papa has finally given his gender prediction (he's been right every time so far), he says BOY... so we shall see, lol. I've been feeling boy the past few days as well.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#24 of 137 Old 08-18-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Well, I'm open to ideas! We don't know gender so super-cute GN clothes are awesome, or sweet little toys, or accessories that are GN, etc. It's a little money I earned on my own and so I'm ready to totally splurge with it, even if it's not THAT much.
We've got some of these teethers. They are so super smooth in your hand. So well crafted.

Love these shirts. Considering the bunny one for dd2's 2nd b-day.

And then there's all the yummy non-traditional baby quilts. I still like to look even though I made the babe's already.

This mobile is super cute.

These little owls make me smile.

Seriously, I could hang out on etsy and browse all.day.long.

Happy shopping!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#25 of 137 Old 08-18-2010, 12:50 AM

Fabulous shops and ideas! Thanks!

I also found this on HC:
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?vid=2942&id=79833

It's over my budget but since DH likes it he says I should get it, anyway.

#26 of 137 Old 08-18-2010, 01:00 AM

Ok, bought the longies and shirt set. It just seems perfect. Hope it fits at the right time! (And I hope it gets cold here!!)

#27 of 137 Old 08-18-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrenSquare View Post
MamaFern - (answering your Q from the old thread) we are driving to Kelowna, staying with friends for the weekend, and then continuing on to Victoria to stay with friends for the week.
I'm IN Victoria! PM me if you want to get together for a coffee or something while you're here.

Heather - sorry to hear about the house, but it must be a relief to have a decision made, as opposed to being in limbo. You'll be that much more prepared next year when you're ready to sell.

We are a chatty bunch - 1 day in, and the weekly thread is already on page 2!

AFM, today after dh's work we headed out to bil's farm (where our family vegetable garden is) and harvested beans, beets, and potatoes galore! I checked up on everything else - our corn is probably a writeoff (cold June, so it didn't germinate well or get started well), but the sugar pumpkins are great! I also planted a couple of canteloupe plants, but I can't tell yet if we'll get anything. We also picked about 10 lbs of blackberries for jam and beer (dh makes an awesome blackberry porter at Christmastime), then took a dip in their pool, which make all the toiling in the heat worth it. We're going to head out several more times while the weather's good - it is TOO HOT and I am just not handling it well.

Yawn - dd2 was up several times last night, and I am TIRED. Off to bed for me. See you all tomorrow!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#28 of 137 Old 08-18-2010, 03:43 AM

Bobbi, that sounds like a fantastic day! I have long wished to have a good garden, but we've never made a real go of it. I suppose it'll be a while yet, since we still don't know where we'll settle in the long term.

It is definitely good - or will be, I guess - not to be in limbo anymore. But it's also really hard to adjust to the idea of NOT being in preparation to move. I was starting to tell DH today about the great shower curtain I found to put in the boys' new bathroom - and then realized there IS no new bathroom. Oh, well. We haven't told the boys that we're not moving (yet), but I was telling the little ones about shifting rooms around, and they were very excited about that.

#29 of 137 Old 08-18-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Fabulous shops and ideas! Thanks!

I also found this on HC:
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?vid=2942&id=79833

It's over my budget but since DH likes it he says I should get it, anyway.
Those are too cute! I think you made a good decision.

I bought a couple of long-sleeve maternity shirts yesterday at Goodwill. I'm assuming that it actually will get cold here again, though it's hard to imagine when it's been so hot for so long. I'm hoping that the cuter one will still fit at that point - it didn't look all that long.
#30 of 137 Old 08-18-2010, 11:31 AM

Love that set, Heather!

Got my floradix last night. I bought the pills. They have angelica in them. I thought that was a pg no-no? Anyone else have it with angelica root in it?

Also realized yesterday I had been so busy I had no real fruits or veggies. I had onion soup and a baked potato for dinner, and tomato (from garden) heavy lasagna at lunch, but don't really count that. So I hugged a bunch of V8 fruit stuff and now I'm having a smoothie. I'm such a bad girl!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page