You know you're in the 3rd trimester when.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 124 Old 08-27-2010, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Shamelessly stealing this fantastic idea from September's DDC)

1) You go to the bathroom and exactly 60 seconds later have a coughing attack and still manage to pee in your pants (how is that possible??)

2) Rolling over in bed leaves you breathless.

3) Your DP has to carry the pot of soup to the fridge because your belly sticks out to far for you to carry it.

4) Your 4 year old exclaims "Turkey's growing hair!" because none of your bottoms stay up far enough and none of your tops reach past your belly button.

5) You automatically say "Not until Thanksgiving" before people can even ask - followed by "It's just one baby."

Mine don't seem so funny to me - let's hear yours!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#2 of 124 Old 08-27-2010, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL Meta! I chuckled a bit...

How about,

1. You pee, stand up and pee your pants. I've been dealing with this for weeks now.

2. Your crotch makes crackling sounds if you lean forward.

3. It's a huge effort to pick anything up from the ground, it's usually weighed by how important the item is and who's around to actually grab it for you.

4. Sex is a myth that happened many moons ago.

I'm sure I have more, those are the ones that immediately came to mind. lol And I can totally relate to almost all of yours.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 124 Old 08-27-2010, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

If you rock back and forth and side to side lifting your belly up a little right after you pee, it helps prevent the peeing when you stand up bit. I figured that out with #4, thank the gods.

I'll add some...

1. You have to put considerable thought into bending or squatting to pick up something from the floor.

2. You can't reach into your cabinets because your stomach is in the way from getting too close.

3. You almost cry at the thought of a free massage.

4. You're so swollen you have cankles.

5. You get all excited and show off to your kids that you're not as swollen as yesterday.

6. Your hands swell so much that you feel like you're wearing gloves when you try to pick up nails and screws.

7. The thought of having your vagina stretch out to accommodate a 15" head sounds more like relief than torture.

8. You're frantically cleaning your house and getting baby stuff together when you realize you still have 3 more months until the baby actually comes.

9. You wake up at least 3 times a night to go pee and it takes you 15 minutes or more to get comfortable enough again.

10. You have so many pillows surrounding your body at night that you look like a giant mountainous blob.

11. You can't go anywhere more than a 2 minute walk from a bathroom for fear you'll pee your pants.

12. You've been heard saying "OMG my vagina, kid, stop punching it!" or "Please leave my cervix alone".

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#4 of 124 Old 08-27-2010, 07:21 PM

You worry about overdosing on Tums or Rolaids.

Men have completely stopped stairing at your chest, pretty much try not to look at you at all, and all the old women have started staring at your belly.

DH is Ricky, dd born 10/06 and due 11/26/2010 !
#5 of 124 Old 08-27-2010, 07:33 PM

You have become a pro at picking up small things, particularly Legos, with your toes rather than bending over.
#6 of 124 Old 08-27-2010, 08:15 PM

kittywitty... the rocking back and forth while lifting the belly thing worked with #4... but not this one, sadly. hahaha I just have to change my panties frequently (i need to finish making those liners!!)

#7 of 124 Old 08-27-2010, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
If you rock back and forth and side to side lifting your belly up a little right after you pee, it helps prevent the peeing when you stand up bit. I figured that out with #4, thank the gods.
When I went pee first thing this morning, I leaned forward to pick something up off the floor and suddenly more pee just kept dribbling out. I actually had to LOOK to see if I wasn't just hearing things. And then I worried that my water had broken from all of the coughing.

Quote:
7. The thought of having your vagina stretch out to accommodate a 15" head sounds more like relief than torture.

This is fun!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#8 of 124 Old 08-28-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:

3. You almost cry at the thought of a free massage.
ooohh this is soooo true

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#9 of 124 Old 08-28-2010, 01:28 AM

You think that food sounds really good but then are full after half a meal.

Your nursing toddler gets irritated with your cumbersome size and hautily says to your belly "you move, baby!"
#10 of 124 Old 08-28-2010, 01:57 AM

I love these! How about:

- your kids can no longer sit on your lap because there isn't enough room. And if there is enough room, they tend to lean back on your stomach, making your heartburn worse, so you don't want them there anyways.

- a due date 3 months away seems further away than 9 months did way back at the beginning. (I'd happily have this baby tomorrow!)

- you kick objects on the floor out of your way rather than bend down to pick them up. Or, you commandeer the kids to pick them up for you.

- going up and down your stairs is your exercise for the day.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#11 of 124 Old 08-28-2010, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachwms View Post
You worry about overdosing on Tums or Rolaids.

Men have completely stopped stairing at your chest, pretty much try not to look at you at all, and all the old women have started staring at your belly.
Ha! Love this one!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#12 of 124 Old 08-28-2010, 02:03 AM

Here's one that dh has volunteered:

"You know you're in the 3rd trimester when you complain all the time." Gee, thanks honey.

#13 of 124 Old 08-28-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
- you kick objects on the floor out of your way rather than bend down to pick them up. Or, you commandeer the kids to pick them up for you.

-you are crippled with exhaustion...again

Crunchy Catholic Cancer Survivor
Married SAHM to DS (6) DD (4) DS (2) and DS born Nov 17, 2010
#14 of 124 Old 08-28-2010, 04:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
- when you pick up your 2yo, you have to swing his legs OVER your belly, because you have no waist left.

- you lay down on your back and realize you can no longer breathe (so much for the traction table at the chiro!).

- you sit for too long and then are too stiff to move.

- you end up walking like you're in labor when you've still got 3 months to go.

- you constantly think it's 2 months further along than it really is, gleaning strange reactions from friends when you talk about anything related to dates (because it IS still August, not Sept/Oct/Nov!).

- you stay up all night searching for new birth stories to read because you can.NOT. wait to have your own!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#15 of 124 Old 08-28-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Here's one that dh has volunteered:

"You know you're in the 3rd trimester when you complain all the time." Gee, thanks honey.

#16 of 124 Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 PM

- Your three year old points out that "Penguins walk like mummy!"
- You start seriously weighing the likelihood of wetting the bed against getting up for the 5th time that night.
- You eagerly look forward to the day where contractions are a good thing
- You've folded the diapers twenty times, but are still convinced they need to be straightened one last time.
- The shower needs to be washed again. Right. This. Minute.
- Vacuuming at 2am is perfectly reasonable.
- Waking up your husband to give you a backrub at 2:30 is also perfectly reasonable.
- Your toddler looks at the lotion and when asked what it is for, says "For fixing mummy's feet."
- Crying at a car commercial is a perfectly valid exercise of your emotional range.
- Screaming at the oven because you forgot to turn it on is also perfectly reasonable.
- You swear you will never love your husband more than when he mops.

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#17 of 124 Old 08-29-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdMum View Post
- You swear you will never love your husband more than when he mops.
Yes!
#18 of 124 Old 08-29-2010, 10:12 PM

Your husband mops?

And the crying thing. Oh my. I have been getting all teary eyed at the most utterly ridiculous non-cry worthy things. Hormones!

#19 of 124 Old 08-29-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Your husband mops?

And the crying thing. Oh my. I have been getting all teary eyed at the most utterly ridiculous non-cry worthy things. Hormones!
Yep, does dishes too. I've been considering renting him out.

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#20 of 124 Old 08-29-2010, 11:30 PM

Mopping is good! .. but I would happily do all of the housework for a week for one of DP's massages.. My hip had been so sore and DP gave me a massage with Arnica massage oil (is there a drool smilie?) the other night and it hasn't been nearly as sore since. Im hoping for another one tonight, if im really lucky!
and he is installing our new bathtub

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#21 of 124 Old 08-29-2010, 11:45 PM

...when you end up with a wet strip across your belly every time you do dishes.

...when sleep eludes you even though you are yawning every two minutes.

---

Oh, the crying thing! I was awake for 2 hours the other night, and only managed to go back to sleep after BAWLING for about 10 minutes. Over what, I'm not sure. I'm glad DH didn't mind comforting me, and I'm surprised I didn't wake DS, I was that loud! But it helped me sleep, so

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#22 of 124 Old 08-29-2010, 11:51 PM

Omg I love the mopping one.

What about...

You wear long pants in 90 degrees because you haven't been able to shave for a month. But you wear sandals because someone ELSE can give you a pedicure and your feet are the hotest looking part of your body.

DH is Ricky, dd born 10/06 and due 11/26/2010 !
#23 of 124 Old 08-30-2010, 12:02 AM

You consider entering your toenails in the Guinness Book of world records because you can't reach them to cut them!

Your cat curls up on your belly because it's the warmest part of your body (btw, this is also VERY uncomfortable, the cat is heavy!)

You can't reach the bottom of the deep freeze anymore.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#24 of 124 Old 08-30-2010, 12:25 AM

...when your husband thinks you're exaggerating the amount of grunting, sighing, and other noises involved in making the kids' bunk beds (or any other everyday task).

...when you alternate between "OMG a baby is going to be here soon soon soon!" and "OMG I really have two months left of increasing discomfort?"

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#25 of 124 Old 08-30-2010, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
...when you worry you might be dehydrated when you DON'T wake up 3x/night for the bathroom.

...when you stay up all night debating car seat choices, spend multiple days making trips to stores to see car seats, and STILL can't make up your mind.

...when your friends say, "Gee, you've got the waddle already!"

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#26 of 124 Old 08-30-2010, 10:46 AM

1) you tinkle a little in your pants like everytime you have to carry your toddler farther than a few steps.

2) your bladder never feels totally emptied! ack!

3) the challenges of getting in and out of bed, socks and pants are the most dreaded obstacles every day.

4) when you debate making a pot holder protector for your belly because cooking with the belly has just gotten VERY interesting and a little hot. lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#27 of 124 Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 AM

Laura-my cats do the same thing. My big male cats all assume my stomach is the perfect perch and they are over 16 lbs. each. Crazy animals. Baby does like the purring, though...

#28 of 124 Old 08-30-2010, 01:14 PM

when you stretch in bed and think oh sh!t!!! leg/hip cramp and scramble like a crazy person to reverse the cramp you've got starting.

when you stretch in bed and your crotch snaps and cracks along with your hips, knees, back, etc.

when hiccups in your crotch are exciting.... because that means baby is head DOWN.

#29 of 124 Old 08-30-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix~Mama View Post
4) when you debate making a pot holder protector for your belly because cooking with the belly has just gotten VERY interesting and a little hot. lol
I keep my pot lids above the stove and realized the other day, I'd better start getting them down BEFORE I start cooking! Belly burn would be so not fun.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#30 of 124 Old 08-30-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Demeter~ View Post

when hiccups in your crotch are exciting.... because that means baby is head DOWN.

totally!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page