Chat Thread - Aug 31 - Sept 7...It's September! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Demeter~ View Post
Hey ladies (hope that's not offensive to anybody!) Today is September 1st and I'm curious to know who has sent beads to me and who hasn't. I update the list on our facebook page daily after the mail comes. I figure there are going to be a few stragglers that arrive in the next few days. So.. if you have sent me beads and your name isn't on the list yet can you please message me, either on facebook or on here so I know what to expect... whichever is easiest for you! Thanks so much!!
sent you a FB message

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
mzminty, there are two versions of the liquid Floradix, and I've managed to buy both. The "regular" one - NOT "yeast free" - isn't bad! It's like a strong fruit juice. I don't have to chase it down with anything (though doing so with orange juice is good for absorption). The yeast-free is what I bought initially and it's a LOT worse on flavor. Had to wash it down, no matter what. I had no idea the two would taste so different.

I was tempted to go with the capsules, and asked a lady at WF if it would be as effective (even though with being nauseous still swallowing capsules is not so much fun). She said the real stuff tasted GOOD. I was skeptical, so she gave me a sample there in the store, and it was! Strong and fruity. So I bought the bottle - they didn't have the regular on the shelf - and was surprised how different it tasted at home. It wasn't until I went for a 2nd bottle that I saw there are two kinds (both the iron + herbs) and decided to choose the other. That day, I had only half a dose left of the first bottle, then opened the second, and the difference was dramatic.

All that to say, don't get yeast-free and you'll be fine.

Lucy&Jude'sMama - where are you on the Central Coast? We lived in Santa Cruz for about 6 months. Our house there was not a/c'd, and I freaked at the idea of moving from Houston (a/c capital of the world, no kidding) to a house without any! They were all saying, "Ah, you just open the windows!" What?! Totally foreign idea around here. Sure enough, though, we were in a pretty cool pocket and it was always pleasant somewhere. We were there March - August and it was never even warm enough to get in the ocean!

The 3-d u/s pics are amazing! My MW suggested we get our tech to do 4D if we do get an u/s (haven't had one yet) because the pics are amazing. But then I wonder if I want to see THAT clearly already! (I am all for surprises!) I love that you can watch their reactions, though! So cool!

Anyone else REALLY stiff and sore in the pelvis? I don't remember it being this bad with any others. And this early! I am taking Rhus tox. (found mine!) and a friend recommended DHA so I'm finally taking my EFAs again (had been seriously slacking after I got really sick taking rancid ones awhile back ). I'm hoping this helps 'cause I can't imagine it getting WORSE for the next 10+ weeks. I can sit and be okay, but as soon as I move, it's painful and just so difficult - almost like it's arthritic. Is it just me?

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#63 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 05:52 PM

I live a couple hours south of Santa Cruz. Right along the coast. :-) I see the beach daily.

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#64 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 06:52 PM

118/68

At this same stage with DS, my BP was 135/90, so I feel SOOOOO good about this! All my other bloodwork was good, too (they test it in the office - hematocrit, hemoglobin, and blood glucose with a finger prick). In fact, the mws said the fact that hematocrit was lower than my initial one was a good sign that I was building up blood volume and was well nourished :-)

Now, if I could just get DS to lay down with me for a nap, I might feel like I'm having a GREAT day

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#65 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
118/68
Woo hoo!!!! Awesome news, mama!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#66 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
118/68

At this same stage with DS, my BP was 135/90, so I feel SOOOOO good about this! All my other bloodwork was good, too (they test it in the office - hematocrit, hemoglobin, and blood glucose with a finger prick). In fact, the mws said the fact that hematocrit was lower than my initial one was a good sign that I was building up blood volume and was well nourished :-)

Now, if I could just get DS to lay down with me for a nap, I might feel like I'm having a GREAT day
Woo! Good news. Hope he will lay down for you. I hate those exhausted days where you need a nap but your lo doesn`t.

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#67 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
That's awesome, Karen!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#68 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 07:23 PM

Lucy&Jude'sMama - awesome!

Karen - hooray!

I am feeling super sick this afternoon. I will be so very glad to NOT be throwing up all the time once baby comes. Ugh.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#69 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 07:27 PM

Excellent news, Karen!!!!!!

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#70 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 08:02 PM

Heather - hope you feel better soon!

I hate humidity like this. The air is so thick it feels like walking into a lukewarm sauna, and days like this make my asthma really act up. I have a nebulizer at home and did a half-dose of salbutamol because I was starting to get lightheaded from low sats.

I hate taking salbutamol but it beats a trip to the hospital. Even the tiniest amount during pregnancy makes my heart go nuts (resting HR is 120 at the moment, normally low 60s) and it makes me feel really jittery. It'll go down soon, but it sucks.

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#71 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Woah - page 4 on day 2 of this thread? Chatty bunch we are!

Karen - congrats on the bp! That's great news!

Fern - good luck with the u/s! Wouldn't it be wild if you were suddenly 34 weeks pg?

Heather - hope you feel better soon.

Dh just got home - gotta go get a kiss.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#72 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post

Dh just got home - gotta go get a kiss.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#73 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 08:37 PM

Heather-- my pelvis has been acting up too.. it will get better for a couple days, then I will way overdo it (like cleaning my house 2 days in a row last week.. before and after DS's birthday party) and I suffer for a week. It hurts in certain places if I walk too much (more my hips) and in other places when I sit too much/on hard surfaces (my tailbone and behind area), and other places if I lay wrong (the front middle)..... UGH so done being uncomfortable.....

Karen-- Awesome news on the BP!!

Anyone else feel HUGE already? I feel like I'm 9 months pregnant already.. this kid has to be 6 lbs at least.... Looks like I'm cooking up another big one..

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#74 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post

Anyone else feel HUGE already? I feel like I'm 9 months pregnant already.. this kid has to be 6 lbs at least.... Looks like I'm cooking up another big one..
Somedays yes, somedays no. It's very odd that this time, my belly varies *so* much - I usually feel huge, but sometimes get very small. My husband took a photo this morning and I was smaller than in my 23w photo. However, I just ate supper balanced on my very, very large belly, lol.

Kay
#75 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
i FEEL huge, but i know i don't LOOK huge... i am tall, long waisted, with a "roomy" pelvis (as per my fave MW ), so i never look as gigantic as one might think... when i was pg with my first (starting out 20lbs lighter than this time), i remember someone asking me "what are you, 4-5 months?" and i'm like, "uh...i'm due next thursday." it can be very annoying to have to justify to people that yes, i am measuring perfectly for my gestation, tyvm!

i have a friend who is 5 weeks behind me this time around and she looks bigger than me now -- we have very similar builds in general but she supposedly has a narrow pelvis (interior, at least). i guess that makes a big difference.

last night i ate a bowl of cottage cheese and pineapples (one of my fave pg snacks this go around). when i was done, i put the bowl down, sighed, tried to get comfortable on the love seat with hubby, and in all my huffing and shifting around, shot him a look and said "damn eating." he laughed. i felt like i was going to explode. my belly is going through a stretching-spurt right now. blerg.

lady.gifMama of: DSjammin.gif (9), twins DDjoy.gif & DSautismribbon.gif (6), DSkid.gif (3), and DDbabygirl.gif born 11/2010

#76 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippyMama View Post
i FEEL huge, but i know i don't LOOK huge... i am tall, long waisted, with a "roomy" pelvis (as per my fave MW ), so i never look as gigantic as one might think... when i was pg with my first (starting out 20lbs lighter than this time), i remember someone asking me "what are you, 4-5 months?" and i'm like, "uh...i'm due next thursday." it can be very annoying to have to justify to people that yes, i am measuring perfectly for my gestation, tyvm!

i have a friend who is 5 weeks behind me this time around and she looks bigger than me now -- we have very similar builds in general but she supposedly has a narrow pelvis (interior, at least). i guess that makes a big difference.
I get the opposite-- "You're ONLY 7 months along!?" I am short though, but I do have a very "adequate/roomy" pelvis as well. And DS1 was a little over 9 lbs so I'm sure this baby will be big too. I think for me it just doesn't have anywhere to go but out forwards.. and since I am small and make big babies I probably feel and look bigger.....

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#77 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 11:00 PM

Wow, thanks for all that info, Heather! Do you think my DD could take it too? She's 11, and I think she has low iron, because she tends to get light-headed easily, and because she probably takes after me! I should have her H/H checked, honestly. She felt worlds better just after she started taking Flinstones with iron, but I'm not a huge fan of Flinstones!

I feel huge and know I'm not, but I just feel like my center of gravity is so wacky. I walk funny, can't wash dishes or cook very well without my belly getting wet or burned, and can't get close enough to the mirror to see what I'm doing with my make-up anymore!

Happy BP, Karen!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#78 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 11:13 PM

Karen, fantastic BP news my BP was kind of high at the end with my son and it was super nerve wracking.

On feeling huge,

I feel huge some days, some moments, like if I try to lean out of my chair to pick something only to be stopped dead by my belly. my lungs are feeling more squished though my fundal height doesnt seem to be getting that much bigger..

I am feeling increasingly sore "down there" kind of a dull pressure and lots of cervical twinges. I guess with baby #4 its common, but its kind of unnerving. I have never worried about preterm labor but somehow this time Im thinking about that. with my record of going 2 weeks over, im sure it wont happen..but its funny how we worry about things.

bobbi, it would be insane. i will run home to let everyone know the news either way!

i got my changing table set up (my mom brought it up..she got it at a thrift shop) unfortunately the only place it fits in our tiny house is in my livingroom, but its probably a practical place to have it. i tried squeezing it into the bathroom but it almost hits the toilet on the side and with my big pregnant bum & belly I think it would drive me nuts..and I hate things feeling squished anyways. I feel like with every little baby thing i get set up or cleaned or whatever that maybe im doing these things too soon. i suppose if i had a nursery and it was all in one place it wouldn't feel that way but all of a sudden my house feels very baby centered..hammock & change table in living room, shelves with baskets of baby things in my bedroom. 10/12 weeks is still a long time away!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#79 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:

I've felt huge from the very beginning (like from when I had to break out my maternity clothes at about 5 weeks). I am feeling very whale like at present, my bump is all out in front and I am feeling quite awkward. My maternity pants are getting really tight too. I'm short so this kid has no where to go but out!

I'm doing my happy dance here because my DD has decided to sleep in her 'big girl' bed. I've been wanting to get her happy and settled in her new room with plenty of time before the new baby arrives so she doesn't feel like she's been kicked out of her old space, so after getting used to the room for a week or so now and toying with the idea she finally went to sleep in there.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#80 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
I get the opposite-- "You're ONLY 7 months along!?" I am short though, but I do have a very "adequate/roomy" pelvis as well. And DS1 was a little over 9 lbs so I'm sure this baby will be big too. I think for me it just doesn't have anywhere to go but out forwards.. and since I am small and make big babies I probably feel and look bigger.....
Me, too. I have had soooo many "You're huge!" or "You're ready to pop!" comments from people and I do look bigger and feel bigger than with my other kids. I compared belly pictures recently and I am much bigger this time. I just feel huge, too. I can't bend or even sit down right. My pelvis is pretty darn big, so I know that wasn't it. Got my posterior 8 lbs. 4 oz. 15" head "little girl" out no problem!

#81 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 03:06 AM

mzminty, I checked the bottle and there is dosage info for ages 4-11!

I spent most of the day on the couch. At least we did school from there, too. And, remarkably, when I got up my pelvis didn't hurt NEARLY as much. Clearly all the DHA and Rhus tox is helping!

Taking my boys to a homeschool co-op kick-off tomorrow and I must not forget. It's gymnastics and I'm sure they're going to have a ball! I better move the laundry so I have something to wear, though.

#82 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 10:02 AM

Thanks Heather. Glad your pelvis is feeling better! I knew there was something else I'd wanted to address last night and couldn't remember....anyway, it was sorry you're still feeling sick!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#83 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Glad you're in less pain, Heather - pelvic pain is absolutely horrible. Have fun at the homeschool event today! We're off to play with some friends at a local playground in a few minutes.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#84 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 01:31 PM

I got too "your huge" comments yesterday, in fact the checkout girl at the grocery store actually asked me if I was dialated! Seriously, are you kidding me?!! What kind of strangers ask that question and at Costco a lady behind me said "Looks like someone is going to have their baby today!" all cheery, I turned and said "Oh I'm not due till November", and she actually gasped and said "wow, really?!". Ugh people should be banned from talking to pregnant women!!

Dropped the kids of at school and now hope to get this house back to it's nice clean condition! I'm thinking I will have a much cleaner house now that I have two in school full time.

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#85 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasmom View Post
Ugh people should be banned from talking to pregnant women!!
I'm seriously thinking of making a shirt that says "Please don't talk to me about how pregnant I am"

I'm also really sick of having everything I say turned into a comment on being pregnant. Seriously, I'm a person not just a fetus-factory!

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#86 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 02:03 PM

Well... a woman said to me just now at work...

"Soooo are you pregnant?"
"yep"
"Oh cuz I was wondering... if you were just getting fat or if you were pregnant. When are you due?"
Me (in my head... I want to punch you) *smile* "I'm 10 weeks away from my due date."
"Oh wow... your belly isn't that big"
"ya... ha..ha...ha" (In my head...STOP LOOKING AT MY BELLY! GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME WOMAN!)

Ugh. I mean I think it was just rude the way she asked me and she went on about how I was looking fat... Uh.. thanks! Grrrrrrrrrr. I don't have that perfect model preggo body... thanks for the reminder.

4 more weeks and I get to be at home. I seriously hate my job right now. Did I mention I work in a weight loss facility/gym? Yeah... not fun when your preggo. Also I get so sick of people asking...

"How's the baby" ... my response "Idk we don't talk much"
And everyone's favorite (I'm asked between 5-10x a day!) "How are you feeling?"

I mean I understand that they are being nice, but I get frustrated because I want to shout..

"I feel like sh*t today. I got 5 hours of sleep. I'm having to deal with clients asking me how I'm feeling all day long. I'm overwhelmed and stressed out. I'm already tired today and then I'll go home and I'll have my very energetic toddler to deal with. I don't care about why you ate a cookie. I don't care that your knees are hurting you. I just don't care. So... how am I feeling? Like a grouchy b*tch! Now go away!"

Instead... "Oh.. ya know... pregnant." or "Oh fine" or when I don't have the energy to say anything because I'm just sick of being asked so much... ".... *shrug & smile then act very busy*..."

This pregnancy I am having a very hard time being around people. I'm even am not liking people that I typically enjoy being around. My family I'm ok with, my good friends I'm ok with, my partner and our daughter I'm totally ok around (well most days. lol)... pretty much anyone else not related or close to me... I hate being around. My job is all about helping people and caring for their needs... I just can't take that right now. I don't care and I don't want to be helpful. Ekkkk! I'm not usually like this so I'll blame my hormones. I just can't stand listening to other people's problems when I have a ton of my own. It's overwhelming and... well ok... I need to stop complaining. Good news is I have 4 weeks of this left!

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#87 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 02:08 PM

Dude, I totally feel the same way. I like the people I like, for the most part, and if I don't know you or if you even minutely get on my nerves, then I do NOT want to be around you and I'm not afraid to tell you so.

I'm normally a really patient person (being a preschool teacher for the last four years really taught me that for sure!) but I am NOT patient at all these days. Not even for people who deserve it. And I really feel for anyone who has to sit in the car with me during rush hour, I'm a beast. hahahaha.

DP is home today! I'm doing the happy dance. Soon we're off to Kelowna & Victoria to visit family and friends! I'm really so excited. My sister is coming to house & kitty sit for us and I have SO MUCH to do... so why am I sitting here lurking on MDC? Somebody kick my butt outta here!

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#88 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 PM

ohhh I hate the "how are you feeling?" one too... not that I mind being asked how I feel, but the fact that people ask you but DON'T REALLY CARE!! I usually am honest and say "tired, achy, and uncomfortable" and they just get this blank stare like they don't believe me.... Ok, so I don't walk around looking miserable but trust me, I'm not feeling great!!!! And then sometimes when I complain about being tired, chasing a toddler, and being pregnant the whole-- "oh but you're so blessed to be able to have children bla bla bla"

YES, I KNOW THAT but that doesn't mean I don't feel like CRAP most of the time right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#89 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I usually am honest and say "tired, achy, and uncomfortable" and they just get this blank stare like they don't believe me....
I am honest when folks ask me this, too. Sometimes I may even exaggerate a tad to strangers just to see the look on their faces. Giving a really long, drawn out answer always makes for a fun time, too. The cashier at Lowe's the other day got more than he bargained for when he asked me that question, LOL! I'm hoping it'll make him think before he stupidly badgers pregnant ladies again.

Have a great time with your sweetie, Farren!!

Glad to hear your homeopathics and DHA are working, Heather. I've used Rhus Tox with my kiddos before- I think when they had pertussis maybe- and it was amazing stuff. I'm thinking I may have to break out my maternity belt soon because I can already feel that my symphysis is going to a problem in this pregnancy, too.

AFM: Saw my mw today. Last night the babe was very obviously breech- I found her hb waaay up under my ribs and felt a little ballotable head kind of opposite that. This morning dh was feeling my belly and was like, "holy moly, what is that girl doing in there?" My belly was like a wave of big movement so I suspected she turned. Well, sure enough, my mw and I could feel her little vertex self very distinctly when she was palpating my belly. Little bugger. She's been unruly for mama bouncing from breech to oblique these past 2 weeks or so but gets into good position for the mw! At least she's head down. I'll take that. I was measuring 2 weeks behind, which I think is because she just found her new position. Other than that, everything was good. We talked a lot about my birth team and who I wanted there. I can't believe its time to start going every 2 weeks. Seriously, when did our pregnancies get so far along?!?

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#90 of 186 Old 09-02-2010, 03:26 PM

Ashley-mine did the same thing...then flipped back to breech this morning.

Heather-I might have to try your supplements. My pelvic pain is terrible.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page