Chat Thread - Aug 31 - Sept 7...It's September! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm getting my hair cut this morning, which will do wonders to make me feel less like a shaggy dog. My hairdresser is pregnant, too (due 10/31, so a couple of weeks ahead of me), so we can gab and commiserate.

to everybody who's feeling big and ungainly. I'm not freaking out about the baby coming, but then I'm a procrastinator by nature. I figure I'll do the shopping for the baby's things after the kids start school, so I don't have to keep track of 3 kids in the store. sup I've already bought some Christmas presents, and plan to buy the bulk for the kids when our local toy store has their 25% off sale the week of (Canadian) Thanksgiving. My goal is to have everything done by the beginning of November. Well, except for online shopping - that I can do, even when I'm in labour!

OK, off to sort some clothes before the hairdresser arrives.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#122 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 01:48 PM

Great news, Fern!! I've was hoping to read an update about your scan. A breech babe could definitely explain why you had a discrepancy in fundal height. So glad you have the piece of mind you were looking for now!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#123 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 02:45 PM

Today is a bad day. I just told my partner to spend the weekend somewhere else because I really feel like I will react violently if I see him right now. We got into a huge fight last night over money and other stuff that needs about 5 pages for me to explain. Anyways the gist of it was he quit his 2nd job because they were taking out 1/2 of his paycheck all of a sudden... and couldn't tell him why. I asked him what he was going to do about it and he just shrugged like it was no big deal. We are poor. We can't afford to just loose $250 for no reason. I'm sure there is a reason, but he wasn't even going to find out! He just quit and figured he'd find another job... There are no other jobs right now and we need that money! Argh!

Then to top it all off... Last week he told me that he was just taking the weekend off from his 2nd job because he needed a break. It's an overnight job. Yes well come to find out that was a complete lie. He quit his job last week and decided not to tell me.

I'm a little extreme when it comes to lying (or so I've been told by my best friend who is pretty much the 1 person who's managed to stay my friend after lying to me.. Although it took me over a year to get over it). It's my number 1 pet peeve... well its more than a pet peeve. Mmm.. It the number 1 thing someone can do to end a relationship with me. Just lie to me and boom relationship is dead. My partner and I have been together for 3 years. He knows this. He's never blantantly lied to me... Well I suppose we could call it "blantant omission", if we want to get technical about it. And I also suppose that I don't know for certain if he has lied to me in the past... maybe I just never asked the right question. I'm so angry I feel like spitting in his face and kicking him in the balls.

Anyways sorry for my rant. I'm so angry and stressed out. I'm trying to calm down. I know this much anger and stress can not be good for the baby. Ugh. I'm going to go over to my moms house and drink tea and have a nice long bath. My mom is one person who knows exactly how much I hate liars. I'd never stay with a liar... after 3 years I find out the man I love is a liar. Just great. 10 weeks away from having our 2nd child. ARGH!

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#124 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Y
On another topic, I want to get my fireplace cleaned and fixed up. How cool to give birth in front of the fireplace? So now to decide whether I should have dh drag our mattress in our library in front of the fire for the birth or get the La Bassine for a waterbirth in front of the fire. Both won't fit so I must decide.
This is my plan too! we have a wood stove right in the middle of the living room so im going to set up the pool right near it..our couch is a day bed so if i decided to not have a water birth (which i really can't see after 2 amazing water births )..I could birth on there.
its going to be so cozy!! eEep. I get butterflies thinking about birth again.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#125 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy&Jude'sMama View Post
Today is a bad day. I just told my partner to spend the weekend somewhere else because I really feel like I will react violently if I see him right now. We got into a huge fight last night over money and other stuff that needs about 5 pages for me to explain. Anyways the gist of it was he quit his 2nd job because they were taking out 1/2 of his paycheck all of a sudden... and couldn't tell him why. I asked him what he was going to do about it and he just shrugged like it was no big deal. We are poor. We can't afford to just loose $250 for no reason. I'm sure there is a reason, but he wasn't even going to find out! He just quit and figured he'd find another job... There are no other jobs right now and we need that money! Argh!

Then to top it all off... Last week he told me that he was just taking the weekend off from his 2nd job because he needed a break. It's an overnight job. Yes well come to find out that was a complete lie. He quit his job last week and decided not to tell me.

I'm a little extreme when it comes to lying (or so I've been told by my best friend who is pretty much the 1 person who's managed to stay my friend after lying to me.. Although it took me over a year to get over it). It's my number 1 pet peeve... well its more than a pet peeve. Mmm.. It the number 1 thing someone can do to end a relationship with me. Just lie to me and boom relationship is dead. My partner and I have been together for 3 years. He knows this. He's never blantantly lied to me... Well I suppose we could call it "blantant omission", if we want to get technical about it. And I also suppose that I don't know for certain if he has lied to me in the past... maybe I just never asked the right question. I'm so angry I feel like spitting in his face and kicking him in the balls.

Anyways sorry for my rant. I'm so angry and stressed out. I'm trying to calm down. I know this much anger and stress can not be good for the baby. Ugh. I'm going to go over to my moms house and drink tea and have a nice long bath. My mom is one person who knows exactly how much I hate liars. I'd never stay with a liar... after 3 years I find out the man I love is a liar. Just great. 10 weeks away from having our 2nd child. ARGH!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#126 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
Great news, Fern!! I've was hoping to read an update about your scan. A breech babe could definitely explain why you had a discrepancy in fundal height. So glad you have the piece of mind you were looking for now!
do breech babies measure differently? i didn't know that!

Quote:

#127 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Today is a bad day.
So sorry, mama. I know this is the last thing you needed, especially being pregnant. Rant all you need to.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#128 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
do breech babies measure differently? i didn't know that!
Yup, they sure can. Often its one of my first clues that a babe is in there in a funky position.

#129 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Today is a bad day.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#130 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Today is a bad day

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#131 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 06:09 PM

Lucy&JudesMama--- that is so frustrating and heartbreaking.. I hope things turn around for you soon!

Kittywitty--- I wish we would get our fireplace cleaned and fixed too!!! Oh, to give birth in front of a cozy fire.. that would be heavenly! But alas, that is so far off of our to do list, I will have to settle with candelight in our bedroom..

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#132 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lucy&JudesMama

good idea, MamaFern. We have a loveseat, but I'll check prices for a futon or daybed when we go to ikea.

I am so pissed at dh. And I hate my dog. I have never felt like this about an animal before. Ever. I really do hate her. She was eating a dead baby bird so I went to clean her and she clawed me so hard I have bruises and scrapes all over my arms and wrists and she clawed to kick away from my stomach alsoleaving bruises and gashes on my belly. Right now I really wish she would run away or be abducted by aliens.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#133 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 09:11 PM

Lucy&JudesMama I'm so sorry he's being a jerk like that. Lying about something so important would make me extremely, extremely angry as well. I hope you can find some peace within yourself to help guide your decisionmaking on the issue.

One of my kitties is not doing well. I'm treating her at home, but it's just that a chronic issue has been made worse due to some *#&$*#$& fleas that another cat carried in when she got out one day. I just feel bad for her.

On a happy note, the humidity here should break over the next day or so. Quite honestly, that is news worth dancing to, lol.

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#134 of 186 Old 09-03-2010, 10:31 PM

Thank you all for the cyber hugs and kind words. Today has gotten better as the day went on. My mom took me to lunch and then watched Lucy for several hour so I got a wonderful nap. Josh hasn't called or texted me. No apology. Not a word. I'm calm about it now but I'm also really sad and disappointed in him. I'm surprised that he hasn't even bothered with a simple apology. He is not being the man I thought he was. Argh! Ok I'm shutting up about it!!! Lol.

On another note, I'm thinking of starting potty training this weekend with Lucy since I have the next 3 days off. Wish me luck!

Jude's been wild with his kicking lately. :-) probably reminding me to calm down and relax... Hahaha

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#135 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Lucy&JudesMama

good idea, MamaFern. We have a loveseat, but I'll check prices for a futon or daybed when we go to ikea.

I am so pissed at dh. And I hate my dog. I have never felt like this about an animal before. Ever. I really do hate her. She was eating a dead baby bird so I went to clean her and she clawed me so hard I have bruises and scrapes all over my arms and wrists and she clawed to kick away from my stomach alsoleaving bruises and gashes on my belly. Right now I really wish she would run away or be abducted by aliens.

its nice to have a spare bed in the livingroom, that's for sure!! and its super cozy to nap/rest on and my 2 older kiddos have taken to sleeping together on it at night which is super cute. i think ill baby moon there while baby has his/her lotus birth since its close to the cozy fire and in the main living space so i wont feel left out and lonely (not that my bedroom isnt 10 feet away ) also i set up the changing table right at the end of it since its the only place in our tiny house it fits

im so sorry about you dog! i would feel similarly. i used to LOVE animals, and I still do..but since being a mama i really have very little time or patience. i feel very lucky to have such a well behaved dog.

i hope you figure something out and clean those scratches well mama
and take arnica for the bruises!

Quote:

#136 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

I used to really be into cats, and then I moved out from my parents' place and developed an allergy. Take care of yourself and I second the arnica!

I got a nap this afternoon while dh made dinner - I was feeling kinda "off". I really hope I'm not coming down with something. Dh and I are going to have some DQ and watch a movie once he's finished puttying the baseboard upstairs.

ETA: I totally spaced out and thought it was your CAT that clawed you! I hope you don't have any more issues with your DOG...

#137 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 10:53 AM

Well, I love cats. My cats are fantastic...other than the occasional clawing of furniture/litter incident. My dog is a lab/border collie mix and was not treated well before I had her. I spent most of my 4th pregnancy chasing her around because she'd run off almost getting killed. Like every single day at least 1-2 hours of running after her. So at this point, I have no patience left for her as she's been a brat from the start. She barks nonstop and now I look mutilated. I just wish she'd snap out of it. I've never had dog issues like this and I've had dozens of dogs since I was a kid (my mom has always rescued animals).

It's finally cool out at night here! Opened the windows last night and actually slept decently. Yay! Goodbye, summer!

We were going to go to the apple orchard today, but my 5 yo is puking. So looks like more cleaning for me today. I sealed the grout & tile and put up the curtains in my room last night since the paint was dried. So looks like I'll do one of the bathrooms today.

Totally almost forgot. I heard from my midwife yesterday. She has to be teaching at the annual midwife thingo in her state on Nov 12-13. She just found out and my EDD is the 12th. My two natural births I went on my due dates. But the assistant will be there, she's almost done with her mw training and I think she's nice and competent.

#138 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 01:15 PM

Ack I'm 31 weeks today! Running out of time!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#139 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 01:58 PM

some parts of me REALLY miss having cats, but another part doesn't at all..I have had wonderful cats and terrible cats and you never kn ow what you will get i told my middle DD that when baby is a year old we will get a new kitten/cat..for now 3 kids and a dog are lots of me.

im working on laundry dishes are soaking..I want a bath so bad
my dp is not going very fast on this bathtub installation.. granted he is working most days and yesterday we shirked to go to the beach.. but still. im impatient and rightfully so i think..its been months now.

it's a chilly, cool day and usually a cup of tea does it for me, but im not that into tea these days at all.. coffee, yes.. but I know its not great for me/baby so I dont drink it much. im in a wool sweater (the only one that fits me and it only covers half of my belly) and im thinking I should be wearing my wooly slippers.. maybe I should get onto knitting my after-birth socks!

Its market day and I think im going to brave it and walk to town with all 3 of my LO's. DP works till 3 or so, so if I hang out in town long enough at least we can walk home together and he can push the buggy

I already know what we will have for dinner (beans & rice or burritos) so that's easy.. we were supposed to go camping tonight but MY MIL is coming to visit on shortish notice, so we will wait on that I guess... Im loving my own bed these days anyways...and having a toilet to pee in 5 times a night..looking forward to NOT peeing so much some day.

Im feeling super lazy/unmotivated to do anything baby related.Im hoping that's a good sign.. when I was worried about twins and or being farther ahead, I was super nesting.. but Im feeling more relaxed about it.. realistically all i need is 2-3 weeks to get everything else done before babe comes and i still have 9-11 weeks left! lots of time

Quote:

#140 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 02:04 PM

Finally! "Hurricane" Earl got here, and we've got a good storm going on outside. It's been so flipping humid for the past three days that we really need this to clear the air.

It already feels better.

Hope those of you who are melting in the heat get some relief soon!

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#141 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches View Post
Ack I'm 31 weeks today! Running out of time!
Me too! Guess we are due date buddies!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#142 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post
Me too! Guess we are due date buddies!
me three!

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#143 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 07:19 PM

It's freezing here today - 60 degrees. And suddenly I'm realizing I have almost no cold weather tops that fit me. Anybody else struggling with trying to find clothes that fit?

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#144 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
It's freezing here today - 60 degrees. And suddenly I'm realizing I have almost no cold weather tops that fit me. Anybody else struggling with trying to find clothes that fit?
I think I have one maternity top that has longish sleeves... and I doubt it will cover my belly by the time it gets cool enough to wear it. I've actually found, sadly, that maternity clothes just don't work for my shape anymore... I have bought a size up in regular clothes and the styles seem to work a lot better. I figure what does fit me I'll pair with a sweater/cardigan and hopegully that will carry me through to the end.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#145 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
Yep. Even though our cool season went rather long this year, I didn't need maternity clothing then. So I have one shirt with 3/4 length sleeves, and that's it. I don't think most of my non-maternity long sleeve shirts will cover my belly adequately. I have one pair of long jeans (as opposed to capri length) that doesn't fit particularly well, and one pair of stretchy cotton pants that are more comfortable than attractive (though I prefer that to the other way around!),

And most of what we have in terms of cooler weather clothing is still in storage. Need to get on that this week, as we're forecast to get down to the low 40s at night, and one day isn't supposed to break out of the 60s.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#146 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 08:41 PM

I only have maybe 1-2 decent pairs of pants, but plenty of sweaters to wear over my short sleeve summer maternity clothes.

OMFG I have the worst, throbbing, horrible freaking headache. GO AWAY HEADACHE. Now I'm going to go make chocolate chip cookie dough and drown my pain in it's scrumptiousness.

#147 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 09:01 PM

I am in shock, my midwife just called and said I passed my one hour glucose test!! I seriously cannot believe it!! Especailly since when I have eaten pizza or stuff like that and tested my blood sugar has been high, but I am sooo happy to not have to move on to the 3 hour test or do with any of those hassles!!

It's starting to get colder up here too and I'm also hurting for clothes, but I really really really really really don't want to spend the money on something that will be good for 2 months.

Kitty- I hope the cookies help, I get bad headaches too and they are the worst!!

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#148 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasmom View Post
It's starting to get colder up here too and I'm also hurting for clothes, but I really really really really really don't want to spend the money on something that will be good for 2 months.
Same here. I'll probably end up getting about two pairs of pants, hopefully with waistlines that will continue to work postpartum long enough to get me through winter, and just steal my husband's shirts.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#149 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasmom View Post
I am in shock, my midwife just called and said I passed my one hour glucose test!! I seriously cannot believe it!! Especailly since when I have eaten pizza or stuff like that and tested my blood sugar has been high, but I am sooo happy to not have to move on to the 3 hour test or do with any of those hassles!!

Quote:
OMFG I have the worst, throbbing, horrible freaking headache. GO AWAY HEADACHE. Now I'm going to go make chocolate chip cookie dough and drown my pain in it's scrumptiousness.
Me too! I broke down and took some tylenol a while ago because it.would.not.go.away. I blame it on taking dd to the nearby McDonalds playland for a treat today since her brother and daddy were gone. I hate the place to begin with, however today was the worst. Some little girl not much older than my dd was shrieking (like I have never heard) for at least 20 minutes while she was pretending to be a dog. Pretend is good but, man, it was crazy loud. Also saw another girl, maybe 5-ish, get her front teeth knocked loose from a boy body-slamming her. They weren't together. It was ridiculous. Dd opted to get a milkshake and go home.
#150 of 186 Old 09-04-2010, 09:51 PM

Congrats, Avasmom!

Geez, Ellen. I would have left, too. Sounds insane.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page