Chat Thread - Aug 31 - Sept 7...It's September! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 186 Old 09-07-2010, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
My kids are going nuts. Ugh. Big boys fighting with each other over a game of Monopoly. No more Monopoly. Little one already had a nap but now the big ones need to nap... and, of course, he wants to play with them. Sigh. We've already had meltdowns over one saying the other was eating his smoothie, but there was still a lot in the cup and the other says he didn't (but is showing some less-than-trustworth streaks)...

Had to reschedule my MW appt till tomorrow because she had a conflict and we wouldn't have much time with DS1's piano in the middle. Gives us more time to clean house. But means nothing exciting today.

We're having tons of rain (apparently from a tropical storm) which doesn't have me in a productive mood, either. I'm more than content to just sleep all day... but the family is NOT appreciative of that.

Wondering if it's worth having DS1 in piano when we end up with days like this where it's a fight to get him to actually practice and then by the time we need to leave for lessons they should really just ALL be asleep.
The bickering is no fun. I think my oldest has forgotten all his manners. It's been just really awesome lately.
#182 of 186 Old 09-07-2010, 07:18 PM

Hm, I guess all these cervix stabbing pains are doing something. A couple days ago, my cervix was thick and tightly closed. Today, it's a bit thinner and I'd say around 1cm, though the position is the same.

Been having a lot of ctx today which is the only reason I checked. Fairly confident the dilation will stop, but I'm laying down for the rest of the evening anyway. I've been to 1cm before and it closed back up on its own. It's as though the baby is playing peek a boo.

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#183 of 186 Old 09-07-2010, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh - I am SO tired. Yesterday's pelvis pain was still evident today, so that's been in the background of the whole day. Dh is going to voice lessons tonight, which means I get to put all 3 kids to bed alone. Oh joy.

On the plus side, dd1 LOVED school (she had some trepidations leading up to today) and we had a nice 4 hour playdate with a friend this afternoon. I hope that, plus getting up really early this morning, will be enough to get these kids in bed early tonight.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#184 of 186 Old 09-08-2010, 05:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So glad the evening got somewhat better! Played go fish with the big boys with these little teeny cards DS2 got in a birthday goodie bag while DS3 browsed pics on my iPhone. It was really quite nice, listening to the storms outside and playing cards with them. Took DS3 to lay down after that, fell asleep with him, and so ended up sending DH and the big boys off to our weekly home group gathering without us. DS3 and I got to spend some time snuggling, talking about when the baby comes, and watching some birth videos. When they DID come home, the boys all ended up getting pretty wild, but somewhere in there DH and I had time to sit and talk about some things, like when to meet the birth photographer we're hiring, birth expectations, home projects, etc. All in all, not too bad.

Bobbi, so sorry you're still hurting. Glad school went well, though!

mzminty, are you a nurse? I know I couldn't cope with being a nurse in a hospital. I'm so sorry you had a rough day yesterday!

Kay, I have been thinking of checking just out of curiosity, too. I'm just a wee bit hopeful that things will progress early and smoothly so I have a quicker labor this time. I can dream, right?

kitty, did laying down and raising your feet help? Are you getting lots of fluids and all that good stuff? I hope you feel better!

I am SO ready to start really nesting! I have a cart full of stuff at Amazon, another registry done at Mom's Milk Boutique ('cause they seemed to have the widest variety of what I want to try diaper-wise), and a few other windows open with things I want/need to get. We finally got our refund from the new house so we actually CAN do some of these things! I just need to not go do it ALL at once. I am highly doubtful that anyone else will be doing anything for us, though, so it's tempting to just place lots of orders and get what I want and enjoy it all. Still, spacing it out a bit is probably worthwhile. After all, I have a minimum of 2 months left to get packages over!

BUT, we have to get the bathroom redone first. I need to get on with that tomorrow (should've started a few weeks ago with getting quotes!). When you've waited YEARS for something it's hard to imagine it might *actually* happen. But I'm very hopeful that it will!

And I'm sitting here in the middle of the night with almost no food in the house craving everything under the sun. And I ate so much for dinner that I was feeling rather gorged! I suppose it's the vex of a stomach that's getting nicely squished, eh? Must. find. food.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#185 of 186 Old 09-08-2010, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My feet were a little better when I went to bed. I tried to keep them up and took a bath in epsom salts (which I fell asleep in!) but I wasn't getting much help around here and had to make dinner, deal with kids, and clean up, so they were still pretty bad when I went to bed. Still painful today, but not *as* swollen. I should be plenty hydrated, I've been making myself chug everything in sight.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#186 of 186 Old 09-08-2010, 11:39 AM

New thread here!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page