Chat Thread - Aug 31 - Sept 7...It's September! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's a new month! (almost) Only a week until dd starts school....I can't believe the summer is almost gone, but I'm glad it's cooling down. I love the fall - the changing colours, the nip in the air, bringing out warmer sweaters...love it!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#2 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 01:38 PM

Time... is... slowing... down... now... lol

I posted something interesting in last week's thread... lol. Or at least I found it interesting. Go read it??

I wake up in the morning and I've got a pain on my right side, I think the weight and pressure of the baby is squishing my liver or something. It goes away when I get up and move around and it's not terribly painful, just uncomfortable. I think my organs have been displaced too many times and are retaliating against me now.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 01:45 PM

THANK GOODNESS September is (almost) here. SO. OVER. THE. SUMMER.

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#4 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 01:50 PM

My DS starts in head start next week, and then within a few weeks we'll be starting his IBI (autism therapy) at home for 20 hours a week. This is our last week with him home full time, and I find it is making me rather sad. I worked full time until August 4th, and am still getting used to being a SAHM. What am I going to do with him gone four mornings every week?

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#5 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post
#6 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post
Amen!!! I hate the heat anyway, but it's a thousand times worse when pregnant. I can't wait for fall. It's my favorite season. The pumpkins, apples, leaves falling, warm woolies, fire pits, cool weather, just everything. Everything about fall. Except maybe the fact that I'm not ready for baby to be here yet.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#7 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 02:13 PM

Ultrasound today in a couple hours! Yikes! I'm sort of nervous about it. I don't want them to tell me my kid has a tail or something crazy!

Lucy is going to daycare for the first time today. I forgot that I couldn't bring her to my appointment that's been scheduled for over 2 months now. OIY! So I have to take her to a drop off daycare. I'm nervous about it but I've heard mostly good reviews. I was molested in a daycare setting and by a Nanny... oh and by 2 other people... Yeah I was a popular kid. Anyways that causes me to be a bit nervous about leaving her with strangers, but then I have to remind myself that I wasn't exactly molested by strangers so she should be fine! ha! Ok that's not really funny, but after all these years sometimes I just have to laugh at how pathetic some people are.

I think she will have a fun time. I've only heard one bad review about the place and it wasn't too bad of a review. Everything else I've heard has been groovy and they do background checks and finger prints.

On a funny note... I told Lucy she was going to go play with some kids and she names off all her regular playdate buddies... Then I told her these were new kids and she laughed and said... "Oh."

Well I just asked her if she is ready to go and I got "YAY!" and now I'm being pulled on... SO time to scram...

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#8 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 02:27 PM

Good luck! about your history. We had a good drop in care experience a few years ago. I hope hers is, too.

#9 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 03:40 PM

Today is DH's first day back to work. Surprisingly, the morning routine went fine, and DS didn't get upset at Daddy leaving for the day. Of course, his favorite babysitter was coming over this morning, so he was excited about that! I expect lots of "When is Daddy home??" later today.

I have a mw appt tomorow, and I'm starting to be anxious about my blood pressure. I'm 28 weeks this week, and it was about this time that my BP started to go up with DS's pregnancy. I'm SO worried I'll have the same issue I went back and looked at my old diary - BP was 130/90 @ 25 weeks, 131/97 @ 31 weeks with DS. Last appt (24 weeks) this pg, BP was 106/72, so hopefully all my worry will be over nothing. I don't like how anxious I've gotten about it. It may be time to start meditating (again).

It's chilly and drizzly here today - feels like late September, not late August! We're supposed to be 80's again by the end of the week, but I'm kind of liking this taste of fall. It's spurring me on to get my sweater done, too! (This is not me or my sweater, but the sample photo for the pattern I'm using.)

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#10 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 04:52 PM

Lucy did great at the daycare. My ultrasound went fine. Baby is still a definite boy! Woot! He still has some excess fluid in his kidney's so the doctor said he will need an ultrasound of his kidney's when he is 2 days old. Everything else looks great... other than he is breech right now. Little snot! But I'm assuming he has plenty of time to turn. Although I should check and see what the policy is on breech babies at my next midwife appointment. Just in case.

#11 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post

It's chilly and drizzly here today - feels like late September, not late August! We're supposed to be 80's again by the end of the week, but I'm kind of liking this taste of fall. It's spurring me on to get my sweater done, too! (This is not me or my sweater, but the sample photo for the pattern I'm using.)
cute sweater!! ohhh how I wish it was chilly and drizzly here... it is 97 and sunny. yuck. I took DS out to play this morning at 9:00 and it was already hot! But it is supposed to cool down by the weekend and only be in the 80's next week.. hope the weather guessers are right about that one!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#12 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 05:12 PM

hi ladies, I am pretty new to MDC. Glad to be here!
Due with #2 Nov 7(but I think this little girl may be early like her big bro, he's 2.5 now.)
I must confess, I really hope she's here in time for us all to go trick-or-treating. I always wanted to dress up a newborn in one of those pea-pod costumes...

Karen1968-good luck with that BP-your last BP was good! I actually have such LOW blood pressure usually that being pregnant brings it into the normal range! Hey, at least I'm not getting dizzy as often!
Lucy&Jude'sMama-yep, that boy has plenty of time to turn! Good luck!

And amen to summer being almost over-but I have always found here in SoCal september is usually still pretty bad. I am so not built for the heat.

DS keeps cracking me up-one of his favorite songs is "Get Rhythm" by Johnny Cash, and today he keeps singing "If you get the blues, come on, get rid of 'em".
#13 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 PM

whew! a new week already... i'm pretty bad at keeping up with these chats -- i read them, but get far behind and can never seem to address everything i want to...i know i'm not the only one, though (right?)

we have our 3D u/s tomorrow. very excited about it -- all the kids are coming. it's mainly for fun (to get a look at her face), but also to confirm that she is, in fact, a GIRL, since she had her legs crossed and was breech last time we checked. grrr. that makes planning (read: sewing, knitting, AND shopping) difficult, and since she is our "bonus baby", we got rid of all the baby stuff as our 2yo outgrew it...and all of the girly stuff has been gone since we knew that HE was a boy, so, 3 years now. hrmph.

i am thankful that the heat is starting to taper off around here. it has been a long hot summer and i swear i have self-imposed Seasonal Affective Disorder from hiding out in a cool, dark house for months! so silly that most people with SAD get it in the winter... but no, i have to go deprive myself of sunlight at the brightest time of year because it's just too dang hot to go outside. nice to be able to shoo the children out now, though. and it will only be getting cooler! hallelujah!

i'm freaking out about halloween now, because i just don't know how we are going to swing costumes this year. i usually buy them each one, either from the local children's consignment shop, or the costume store when they're on sale. that can cost a total of $40-$80 for all 4 of them... we just don't have that kind of disposable $$$ this year, and although i have fabric and a sewing machine, the thought of making all their costumes is overwhelming. i would need to keep them super simple, but unfortunately they are not "super simple" kids. and i would also need the time/energy to sew them...neither of those things is in huge supply right now (esp if you could see my house! i should be cleaning!!). i mentioned nonchalantly that we might need to wear costumes that we already have this year, and was met with a big uproar of protest about that. uuugh.

so i thought we would have some extra money after september's housing allowance came in, but then i realized that the car insurance is due, and so we are basically never going to see any extra money this month -- it will all be going straight to bills, and then some. i think we will even have to buy gasoline on the credit card! ACK! this sucks. we haven't been this broke...ever (as a couple, at least). i guess the fall semester's financial aid check should be coming soon, but i have no idea how much that will be for, or when it's coming. i guess i need to just sit back and trust that everything will work out, like it always does. *sigh*

i have been having lots of belly aches, too, from baby getting scrunched up in weird positions, i guess. and my belly feels so HEAVY when i lay down. but she WAS head-down at my appt last week, and seems to be still -- lots of rib kicks - finally! that's good i suppose! and i didn't even notice her flip...

hubby and i had to switch sides in the bed again. i'm having too hard a time getting out of bed recently! i was on the inside, next to the side-car crib, where our 2yo is supposed to sleep (he usually ends up in our bed though). it was becoming an aerobic workout, trying to get out of bed to pee 2-3x/night. i need my 2yo to start getting used to daddy being next to him, instead of me, because i'll have to be on the outside with the new baby anyway (with the side rail put back on). i am nervous about having my gigantic (~35lb) almost-3-year-old rolling around our bed with a tiny newborn in there too, but i don't want to force him out of our bed/room before he's ready (which he is obviously not).

okay, there's my diarrhea of the mouth (fingers? ) for today (and maybe the whole week).

lady.gifMama of: DSjammin.gif (9), twins DDjoy.gif & DSautismribbon.gif (6), DSkid.gif (3), and DDbabygirl.gif born 11/2010

#14 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 06:21 PM

I'm so looking forward to Sunday, when I can say I'm 30 weeks! 75% done with this pregnancy!!!

I got my lab results back yesterday, and sure enough, my H/H is on the low side. So I'm making a renewed effort to take my prenatals every day and eat more iron-rich foods. Unfortunately, my nausea and vomiting has been worse than usual lately, so that's not as easy as it sounds.

We've been having our upstairs bathroom remodeled, so we've been without a toilet or shower up there for the last month or so (we've been able to use it for baths). Our countertop is finally ready, so we're going to get it installed this week, along with the toilet and shower curtain, and DH is going to paint. I'm so excited! Honestly, it's my favorite bathroom to be sick in, because I can sit on the side of the tub and lean into the toilet. Trying to stand or squat into the toilet makes an already bad situation worse!

We've had a heat resurgence this week -- it's been in the 90's. I miss the cooler temps because we've been having to run the a/c again, and I'd rather just have the windows open in the house!

Baby keeps flipping all over the place, so I'm completely clueless as to what position she's in. I had the most terrible dream last night that I had my baby and never got to see her, and was back at work already and found out that she was in the NICU. I was so busy, and was trying to find the time so I could go visit her. When I finally did, I was trying to nurse her and she wouldn't nurse. I had milk leaking everywhere, and was crying. I think someone's post about not being happy about having to give birth in the hospital coupled with my fears about my scary-fast labors got into my subconscious. I don't want to go into labor at work because the hospital where I work is very high-risk, and I might not get to do a water birth there. The hospital where I'm delivering is more like a birth center.

I've been having a hard time keeping up with everyone's news lately. We've been really busy around here. Hope everybody's doing well.

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#15 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy&Jude'sMama View Post
Lucy did great at the daycare. My ultrasound went fine. Baby is still a definite boy! Woot! He still has some excess fluid in his kidney's so the doctor said he will need an ultrasound of his kidney's when he is 2 days old. Everything else looks great... other than he is breech right now. Little snot! But I'm assuming he has plenty of time to turn. Although I should check and see what the policy is on breech babies at my next midwife appointment. Just in case.
Good job Lucy! And glad that the ultrasound went well.

Quote:
Today is DH's first day back to work. Surprisingly, the morning routine went fine, and DS didn't get upset at Daddy leaving for the day. Of course, his favorite babysitter was coming over this morning, so he was excited about that! I expect lots of "When is Daddy home??" later today.

I have a mw appt tomorow, and I'm starting to be anxious about my blood pressure. I'm 28 weeks this week, and it was about this time that my BP started to go up with DS's pregnancy. I'm SO worried I'll have the same issue I went back and looked at my old diary - BP was 130/90 @ 25 weeks, 131/97 @ 31 weeks with DS. Last appt (24 weeks) this pg, BP was 106/72, so hopefully all my worry will be over nothing. I don't like how anxious I've gotten about it. It may be time to start meditating (again).

I LOVE the sweater. Makes me crave fall even more!
#16 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 09:34 PM

Today is my husband's only day off, and so we went and had fun. We went to my favourite store - a local soapworks - and I got some of the most incredible salt soak. It's scented with bergamot, lavender, and lime EOs, and I gave my feet a good rubbing and am currently sitting here soaking them. Hubby is going to paint my toenails after this, since I can't reach.

He also got me a lovely new mortar and pestle that was on clearance there. My old one is tiny and it's difficult to use for the quantities I want to make, so he got me a new hand-cut rose quartz one (it was on super cheap.) My old one is now my spice mortar. I'm *so* excited to make some baby bum salve once the rosehips are ready (probably mid/late Oct this year).

Quote:
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Hope your BP is good at your appointment tomorrow. I've been concerned that mine is going to spike again this time, so hopefully we'll both have good numbers tomorrow!

What are you knitting that sweater with? That'd be incredibly nice in some handspun merino (I happen to have some right now, so it's the only yarn I want to deal with, lol.) I don't have the patience to make sweaters for myself, but have been making longies and soakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy&Jude'sMama View Post
I've heard of that kidney thing before, and everyone I've talked to who has seen it has had it resolve within the first week after birth. Congrats on the assurance that you're having a boy, it's always nice to have additional confirmation. My LO is breech as well - thanks for reminding me to ask about their approach to breech births, lol. That's going on my list for tomorrow.

Glad to hear that Lucy did well at daycare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippyMama View Post
whew! a new week already... i'm pretty bad at keeping up with these chats -- i read them, but get far behind and can never seem to address everything i want to...i know i'm not the only one, though (right?)
Hope the money thing works out. We've been there far too many times and it sucks.

We recently rearranged our bedroom for the express purpose of making it easier for me to get up to go to the washroom at night, hah. I was having to make my husband move constantly and it was no fun.

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#17 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 10:03 PM

Demeter - I tried your math and my due date goes from November 17th to the exact day I've been predicting all along, November 23rd! I feel sure I'm not carrying a Scorpio and have had dreams that baby is 6-7 days "late" so I'm totally going by your math from now on!

Today was my last day of work! I love love loved my job but it was seasonal and so technically I was laid off. I have to admit... I'm really happy to be done!

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#18 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrenSquare View Post
Demeter - I tried your math and my due date goes from November 17th to the exact day I've been predicting all along, November 23rd! I feel sure I'm not carrying a Scorpio and have had dreams that baby is 6-7 days "late" so I'm totally going by your math from now on!

Today was my last day of work! I love love loved my job but it was seasonal and so technically I was laid off. I have to admit... I'm really happy to be done!

Awesome on both counts!! I think 'my' math (lol) is far more accurate for me... it explains why I'm always 'late' especially considering LATE is when I'm actually due, not really late, lol. I'm curious to see what progresses this time around.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#19 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 PM

Karen-I hope your bp does fine! Try to relax about it so it doesn't drive it up.

I'm glad Lucy did great at the drop-in!

There's more to say, but my brain just died. I must say that Martha Stewart's Applesauce muffins (with less sugar than called for!) are super awesome. Yum, yum, yum...

#20 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 10:29 PM

I'm super excited about my sweater, so thanks for all the kind words I'm making it out of Cascade 220 in the Shire colorway - a heathered green. I bought it at discount from the shop where I work, so it will end up being cheap. I thought a wrap sweater would be the way to go - it should keep my belly warm (which my other sweaters won't) before birth, and be good for breastfeeding after.

We've been having luck getting DS to nap the past few days, and I thought today would be easy, between getting tuckered out from the babysitter and the weather. Instead, nap time was awful. He wouldn't hold still, and at one point, when I had my back to him and was under the covers, he decided to jump over me and LANDED ON MY BELLY! I yelled "Ouchie!" and then "f*ck" under my breath. I got DS out of the bedroom (turned on the TV :eyeroll ), lay back down and asked baby to move so I'd know she was OK. She moved right away, for which I am grateful. But I'm still a little peeved at DS about it. I know he didn't mean to land on me or the baby, but geez, kid, I've been telling you for WEEKS to be careful of the baby!!

DS did not nap today and is being a total pill. DH just took him for a ride in the car. I predict and earlier-than-usual bedtime tonight. Dare I hope he sleeps past 6am??

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#21 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I can't wait for fall. It's my favorite season. The pumpkins, apples, leaves falling, warm woolies, fire pits, cool weather, just everything. Everything about fall. Except maybe the fact that I'm not ready for baby to be here yet.
yes,yes,yes!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#22 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 11:14 PM

Did I mention that my son has already found himself? :-) I don't know what I'm going to do with these kids of mine. My daughter constantly plays with herself... I'm ok with it but not in public. Trying to teach some boundaries there. Now I've got a baby in the womb who's already taking action in that department. Yikes! hahaha

I'm super excited that my son's penis didn't magically disappear. I'm very happy about my boy and girl. I was really worried about karma biting me in the butt and sticking me with two teenage daughters! LOL!

#23 of 186 Old 08-31-2010, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
So, as mentioned elsethread, I've been craving sweet potatoes for a while, ever since a friend mentioned Jamie Oliver's Sweet Potato Chorizo soup on FB. Finally made it tonight, and it ended up really not being the taste I was hoping for. Well, it was "inspired by" that recipe, with multiple modifications to fit my preferences and ingredients, so I can't really blame the recipe. But still, I'm sad.

It didn't turn out bad, and was actually pretty tasty. Just not quite what I wanted.

I'm so disappointed. I don't really get cravings much, so it was kind of fun to have one for once, except that it still isn't really satisfied. I may have to make some sweet potato fries later this week.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#24 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
This is the kind of weather we had today - the first day of rain in weeks! That sweater is lovely, Karen - I can imagine it in the colour you chose and I think it will look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMoonMum View Post
DS keeps cracking me up-one of his favorite songs is "Get Rhythm" by Johnny Cash, and today he keeps singing "If you get the blues, come on, get rid of 'em".
My kids love Johnny Cash, too. Him, and the songs from old James Bond movies. We have eclectic musical tastes here.

OK, gotta get these dishes done before I can fully relax. I'm fighting a headache, though, which doesn't help things.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#25 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I can't wait for fall. It's my favorite season. The pumpkins, apples, leaves falling, warm woolies, fire pits, cool weather, just everything. Everything about fall.
I get warm fuzzies just thinking about all of these things!! Of course all of these things and snuggling a newborn will make this fall extra special this year! Can't wait!

I know there's a bunch of mamas having u/s this week. I wanna see some cute pics and hear all about how it goes, ok?

So I'm 30 weeks today. 10 weeks to go based on my baby-havin' history. Some days it seems like time is flying by while others I wonder if it can possibly creep by any slower.

Well, I just got up for a midnight snack (its 1am on the east coast now) and had to pop in to see if there was a new thread already. You chatty ladies don't waste any time, huh??

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#26 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 02:02 AM

Two pages in a day?! Clearly we're all still gestating and have nothing better to do than be chatty!

We met some friends at Chick-fil-A tonight for dinner and I realized I really AM in the 3rd tri. I was really hungry but couldn't finish my meal, even though it's something I normally can eat with no problem. Oh, that and getting up to collect the kids afterwards was painful. I think the stiffness and pain when getting up and moving around is the worst! Really must start taking Rhus tox for that.

Anyone else craving more sweets? I need to remember that that's a sign of dehydration. Indulging is certainly NOT a good idea! This is the point when I typically give up sugar for good, but, erm, haven't quite gotten there yet.

So jealous of those who can look forward to Fall in September! I'm hoping it'll start cooling off by October. We actually had a couple of much cooler days with temps in the lower 90s and it really felt like Fall by evening with a nice breeze. Yeah, 90s = Fall. It was SO different than the intense, sweltering heat we've been having! It did give me a little hope that Fall might come, someday...

Yay for a good ultrasound for Jude!

mzminty, can you take Floradix? You should feel effects within 48 hours and numbers should go up within 2 weeks (by blood test). I really need to remember mine daily (I am wretched at remembering anything!) but do feel better when I take it.

Karen, I hope your BP is perfect! Mine was borderline like you describe in both of my last pregnancies (maybe even all?). Never ended up as PIH or pre-e for me (despite my mom having eclampsia with both of her pgcies). My current BP is like yours is now, too! It's wonderful to have it so much lower (well, except for being REALLY tired!!). I hope yours stays healthily low and you are able to relax!

I think maybe I mentioned that DH got a call from a recruiter for a great company last week. He did an initial interview then, and just got his resumé to them yesterday (or today?). They've now scheduled his next interview for Thursday, given him a timeline for the process, etc. No guarantees, but I'm very excited/anxious/curious to see what comes of it! We don't even know if the position they'll be calling about is one he'd be interested in. If he does get a job with them, we'll almost certainly be relocating, probably to the west coast. That's, again, exciting and anxiety-producing all at once! I was tickled to find out they have a large stipend for *take out* after a baby is born, though. So, if I have 12 weeks to go and the hiring process takes 12 weeks, will we have time to get in on that? (Just as long as we don't have to move first!)

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#27 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 03:20 AM

Wow, I don't know how to keep up with all of you!
I'm 30 weeks and that is soo exciting, but I agree time is gonna slow down now!

I'm also excited for fall weather, I LOVE it! I am not happy that I can't get my bake on right now with my gd (which I'm guessing will be diagnosed at my appt tomorrow). We had some cold rainy weather today that reminded me why I missed Seattle! I loved every minute of it!

I have my first official appointment with my midwife tomorrow now that our insurance has kicked in! I can't wait to see if I am right about this baby being transverse, although yesterday I think that he or she was faced towards my back because I wasn't feeling as much movement, although tonight it feels like we wiggled back to being sideways again!
Does anyone else have wierd baby spasm kicks? I wonder what's going on in there sometimes, and hope it's all okay! I'm also drinking the yucky glucose drink before my appt so my midwife can test me.

My kids start school tomorrow, we ended getting them all in the same school and I am soooo happy about this Although the 8:00 start time is gonna kill me since I'm most definitely not a morning person.

Karen- How exciting about your husbands potential job. I hope it all works out for you guys!!

Okay gotta get to sleep (if I can) I know when the alarm goes off I'm gonna regret having stayed up this late

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#28 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 03:22 AM

rereading my post makes me feel like I am the most random person on earth, lol. I just jump from subject to subject, I guess the late nights and pregnancy make me feel like I'm making sense at the time.

I apologize for the random thoughts, lol.

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#29 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
So jealous of those who can look forward to Fall in September! I'm hoping it'll start cooling off by October.
Typically it doesn't cool off here in VA until October either.. Although the forecast for next week is mid-80's! So excited about that.. especially considering this week has been upper 90's.. I remember last year on Halloween it was close to 90.. I really hope it cools off sooner this year!

#30 of 186 Old 09-01-2010, 09:19 AM

Anything above 68 degrees is unacceptable. Lol.

We typically don't go above 85 and that's our hottest days here on the central coast of CA. Which for me... 85... I'm inside all day with air conditioning and witching and moaning the whole time. Ha!

I know others have it worst but when I was pregnant with my daughter we had a heat wave run through here. It's was over 100 degrees for a week. I was 8-9 months pregnant and yep... I thought the world was ending. Plus I didn't have air conditioning at that time.

I prefer the cold. My favorite weather is jeans & t-shirt with optional ligh sweater... 65-68.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page