Forum Jump: 

#61 of 141 Old 09-17-2010, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post

WE HAVE A BABY!!!

I'm SO glad to hear that baby Willow seems to be doing exceptionally well - what a blessing! I have to admit that I'm so overwhelmed with emotion (which TOTALLY surprised me!) - I didn't expect to actually *cry* when our first baby came.
its crazy! by the end of September there will probably be 3!
also So glad that baby willow is doing well.. liz has been through some really hard stuff and really deserves to take her baby home and enjoy her baby-moon. i hope it happens soon for her.

sasha: hope the US goes swimmingly!

misa: ak. i hate days like that where things just dont seem to go right!

ecky, i agree wholeheartedly with ellen.. you have in No way failed.
but i know it feels like that some days.

well, i think im on the mend. i didn't cough much last night..im still a bit coughy, but im feeling a lot better. had a great sleep and woke up feeling clearer than i have in ages.

we are going to pick apples & pears today with the food security project and DP is working on the tub..hopefully for the last day. if i can come home today and have a hot bath in my own bathroom i will swoon. also working on getting the wood stove in which has been weighing heavily on my mind. things are coming together.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#62 of 141 Old 09-17-2010, 02:50 PM

Crazy we have a November babe already....but so great that she's healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
we are going to pick apples & pears today with the food security project and DP is working on the tub..hopefully for the last day. if i can come home today and have a hot bath in my own bathroom i will swoon. also working on getting the wood stove in which has been weighing heavily on my mind. things are coming together.
Have fun, Fern!! I wish we had apple orchards where I live. I have fond memories of picking apples as a kid- I'd so love to bring my own kidlets to pick them now.

I hope you get a long soak in your tub soon!!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#63 of 141 Old 09-17-2010, 03:28 PM

Somebody tell me that why it is that on a day that I finally have lots of energy that my ankles have to look like puffballs? I REALLY overdid it in my kitchen today. It was my turn to make bread for church on Sunday, and this particular recipe has some rather long rise cycles, so I decided that I would put something in the crockpot....and then make muffins....and then do lunch for the kids....then had to do the bread....then had to clean up. Did some general clean up of clutter around the house too. Now I'm tired. Wonder why?
#64 of 141 Old 09-17-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post
Somebody tell me that why it is that on a day that I finally have lots of energy that my ankles have to look like puffballs? I REALLY overdid it in my kitchen today. It was my turn to make bread for church on Sunday, and this particular recipe has some rather long rise cycles, so I decided that I would put something in the crockpot....and then make muffins....and then do lunch for the kids....then had to do the bread....then had to clean up. Did some general clean up of clutter around the house too. Now I'm tired. Wonder why?
I always end up doing the same thing. If I have the energy, I use it and then some.... Always end up overdoing it and suffering for the next few days. I am really really really wanting some COOL WEATHER so I can comfortably wear pants and close toed shoes so that no one can see my fat legs and marshmallow toes.

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#65 of 141 Old 09-17-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post
I always end up doing the same thing. If I have the energy, I use it and then some.... Always end up overdoing it and suffering for the next few days. I am really really really wanting some COOL WEATHER so I can comfortably wear pants and close toed shoes so that no one can see my fat legs and marshmallow toes.
This was exactly why I wore pants today even though shorts probably would have made more sense.
#66 of 141 Old 09-17-2010, 05:41 PM

I have been wearing pants too.. i have some really comfy yoga pants that fit well so don't look TOO terrible.. but i get so hot in them.... September is more than halfway over, can we PLEASE GET OUT OF THE 90'S!!!!!!!!!?????

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#67 of 141 Old 09-17-2010, 08:25 PM

Speaking of September being halfway over, I was writing something for Cub Scouts on the calendar today and nearly peed myself when realizing that next Saturday is the 25th. It just seems so late! Not sure why that particular date threw me for a loop, but HOLY CRAP all of a sudden I feel like I have so much to do!
#68 of 141 Old 09-17-2010, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post
Speaking of September being halfway over, I was writing something for Cub Scouts on the calendar today and nearly peed myself when realizing that next Saturday is the 25th. It just seems so late! Not sure why that particular date threw me for a loop, but HOLY CRAP all of a sudden I feel like I have so much to do!

i know! a week...2 weeks go by so fast.. then another 1 or 2... and another and soon we will have year old babies and wonder why we were so impatient...

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#69 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 02:44 AM

does anyone else's pubic bone hurt SO bad that they literally can't walk?

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#70 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 03:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh my goodness! I've been so behind and finally caught up. Of course, now I can't possibly respond to everything I wanted to.

So glad the little guy who fell down the stairs is alright! So scary! I'm so glad we don't have to deal with basements here for that very reason.

I can't believe Liz's baby is here already! So glad the other two are staying put so far! SashaBreeze, I'm hoping your little ones continue to do well and stay put a good long while, too! It really is hard to fathom that we're so close that these babies who DO come now are going to do very well.

I need to order the free Floradix! I have been taking it semi-regularly (which means I'm now on my 3rd bottle or so but don't remember to take it daily ) and saving a few bucks on it would be awesome. It's NOT cheap (I can't stomach buying the large bottle even though I'm sure it's a better deal ) but I do think it's effective. And for dosage, my MW said it was totally fine to take the whole 20ml in one dose (which is easier for me). She has also said it's okay to take it with a little food. I took it one night on a FULL stomach and that was a rather bad idea. So I try to be moderate.

My feet are, thankfully, only swelling when I'm out and about and probably dehydrated. Of course, the not swelling may simply mean that I'm hardly off the couch. Yesterday they were very swollen and whatever other day that was where I overdid it they were, too. Now I can't even remember when that was. If they're swelling consistently, perhaps up your electrolyte intake and protein? My MW has also recommended taking a 10 minute walk per day on the elliptical or treadmill (it's too hot to do it outside). That would help move fluids up and out of your legs, too. Or, try laying down with your feet above heart level.

Nic, your BP reading is definitely a little odd. Have you been able to find somewhere else to take it? I'm thinking I know that the diastolic is more indicative of overall health so having it low is not a bad thing, but I'm very curious if that's reliable. Today mine has been hovering around 104/57-ish, which is super low for me but goes along with having had an immensely tiring day yesterday and not being fully recovered. The low BP is encouraging me to get the rest I need!

ILoveMySofie - get thee to a chiropractor pronto! I have had that pain and it's the one thing that REALLY helps! Check out http://www.icpa4kids.com/ if you don't know of a chiro near you who does prenatal. I have also had SI-joint pain so badly I wasn't sure I would be able to get myself and my kids out of the grocery store, let alone check out. It's miserable. I hope you can see a chiro and feel better very quickly!

As for me...

Thursday we had the joint birthday party for my younger DSs - right between their birthdays (5th and 27th). We had also committed to going to a field trip at the local science/history museum earlier in the day and we got to see the butterfly center for the first time, too. That was a lot of fun, but didn't leave me a ton of time to prep for a 4:15 party at a place I'd never been to. Managed to get it all done, though (and discovered in the process that our really good garden hose has been stolen! ), and even picked up balloons and cake AND got to the party site ahead of when we needed to.

The kids had a FABULOUS time at this splash pool thing. I walked around in it and almost went for a "swim" with the kids. If I hadn't been wearing a brand new maternity top, I might've. I didn't care too much about the skirt and was wearing swim shorts under it, anyway, but a nice top in hopes of looking decent (pretty sure I failed miserably there as I was insanely hot and tired and eventually wet from little people, popsicles, etc.!). Anyhow, everyone seemed to enjoy it and the rain that was threatening held off until just when I'd asked that it did. I sort of wish I'd asked for that extra half an hour, but it gave us time to get the kids out, give them popsicles and goodie bags, and clean up before we had to be gone. We had a lot of kids but only a handful of families. The boys each got very thoughtful gifts that they're really excited about - and not too many of them! When the only thing you think you *might* need to return is made of wood and simply the 3rd one you've been gifted in the last 8 years, you know you're doing well. (And, FTR, we've kept it 'cause DS loves it!)

So I know I totally overdid it, the day after my MW said I shouldn't overdo it (in addition to eating well, which I actually did a pretty good job of that day). Today has been VERY laid-back. I'm hoping I am able to get stuff done around the house tomorrow because it really needs it and DH is going insane. And I guess when I start having panic attacks in my dreams about people coming in the house that it's probably a little past its prime.

I *so* wish I was getting the house-cleaning nesting urge! Mostly I'm just too exhausted to even do the things I have the urge to do. I really need to take the adrenal glandulars that I got to see if they help. I meant to take them all day. And to walk on the elliptical. And didn't get either one done.

But, I DID score a Bamboletta doll today! I rarely remember their stocking times and happened to think of it at the right time. I got a dark, long-haired girl with a kimono top - all the things I was looking for. I hope the boy(s) will love her. I have no idea to whom or when I'm giving it, though. I'm not sure if she'll be here in time for Judah's birthday (in 10 days). He's been "mothering" a stuffed koala lately but I'm not sure if he should have a Bambo now or not.

I keep ordering things that we need to get ready for the birth... Sheets, towels, pool liner and pump, diapers, clothes... I can't wait!! And I also can't believe that I will be "allowed" to go in 5-6 weeks and fully anticipate baby coming as soon as 8 weeks from now! In fact, I need to update my guess on the birthday thread (wherever it is) because I've even got a number in mind for time. Not sure if it's AM or PM, though.

While the last few weeks have seemed to go quite slowly, I'm suddenly of the mind that the next few may fly! Whee!!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#71 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 06:27 AM

I had a great evening last night! I met my new midwife at the cafe in the HFS I used to work at. While I was waiting for her to show up, I stocked up on my teas and talked to the lady that runs the nutrition dept. She gave me tons of free samples of floradix and cal/mag.

My midwife is so awesome! Her, dp, and I talked for over an hour going over typical stuff, talking about life, etc. We all clicked so well. DP is totally committed to a homebirth after meeting with her.
#72 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 10:08 AM

That's awesome, Earthy Mama!

Heather- I'm glad it went well.

pelvis- mine feels totally broken. Taking the kids to the hotel pool now so I'll post more later.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#73 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 10:30 AM

HeatherB-Glad your birthday party went so well! It sounds like a really nice day.

I woke up so sore today! I stayed up way too late last night. My husband went out last night (he rarely goes out) and I said I wasn't going to wait up for him but I couldn't sleep without him being home. Of course my son was calling for me first thing this morning, I was hoping to sleep in, especially because he was up a little later last night. No such luck. I think a nice hot shower might help.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#74 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 10:36 AM

30 weeks & I can still hang late for a good show ~ woot! I saw Mason Porter in my little neighboring town at a cozy little coffee house. I first saw them a year ago when they opened for Hoots & Hellmouth (LOVE them!) and decided at the time that I liked them better, lol. I didn't get to bed until 1am, but got to sleep in until 9am, so not too shabby.

Today we're going to the Village Renaissance Faire! Yay for jousting & knights & catapults! Ds will be blissed out.

I think this AMAZING weather needs to stick around for all of October. It's been in the upper 70/low 80s, gorgeously sunny & breezy with nights in the 50s - this is my kind of weather.

Oh!I did my first Christmas shopping last night - just a few little things since I was kidless for a bit. Feels good to have *something*.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#75 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 11:33 AM

So we used a flashlight to get our littlest one moving last night. I felt her hit it with her hands, and my husband thought it was the coolest thing ever to watch my belly rise and fall as she turned. She turned over a couple times to get away from it, so as cool as it was to see her move so much (she's been a pretty lazy baby for the most part) I figure we won't bother her like that again.

Just did my fall cleanout of DS's dresser - poor kid has only two long-sleeved shirts that fit him, so it looks like we're going to go shopping tomorrow.

Mabon, the second harvest, is on Thursday, so I'm suuuuuper excited - it's my favourite cooking holiday, lol. Going to bake a bunch of bread and make some apple pie (to freeze), apple crisp, and corn bread. Maybe some sweet fried bannock with carmelized apples, and definitely lots of apple sauce! Mmmm. I think I'm just going to go down the road and pick a bushel of macs. (and by 'pick' I mean 'make my husband pick.')

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#76 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMySofie View Post
does anyone else's pubic bone hurt SO bad that they literally can't walk?
Not my pubic bone but my SI joint, yeah... when it flares up, I can't walk without something or someone to hold me up. The chiropractor has been somewhat helpful, and swimming is absolutely blissful. No pain at all in the pool.

I hope you can get some relief soon!

Skeptical scribbling dorkophile.
#77 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 12:19 PM

The pool really does help tons. I've been in twice since we checked in here last night. I wish we had an indoor pool we could visit closer to our house. . I have been soaking my feet in the hot tub, too. It's really not hot here- bath temp and perfect but still wary of getting all the way in.

Ren fair today and I get to see one of my favorite cousins and his kids.

#78 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 12:41 PM

I have loved reading about everones adventures and house/cooking projects. I'm starting to get really restless laying around. Especially now that it is getting fall. Soon it will be time for all the things we always do this time of the year and it will be really strange not to do them this year. So for now I am going to live vicariously through you guys.

Heather I am glad the birthday party went so well, it sounds like it was a very nice time for everyone.

Meta the faire sounds like an absolute blast! Hope you guys had a wonderful time of it.

Earthy Mama that is so good to hear that you hit it off so well with your MW, having that kind of relationship will definitely make all the difference.

MisaGoat I totally understand what your saying about not being able to sleep. Dh isn't gone at night very often either but I have just gotten so accustomed to him being with me that I can never "really" sleep until he gets home. Hopefully you will get some better rest tonight.

Thank you all for your well wishes. The MIL thing didn't go to bad, oldest dd said she did alright. I will sooo not bore you guys with the details but we only ended up having to fight with her over a couple of things. We really are grateful for her watching the kids and dh LOVED getting to see the twins and ask questions of the doctors but there are some things we just have to draw the line on. Like her wanting to SPANK our 4 year old special needs son for not listening. I had just happened to call right to check in right after it happened and went off over it. We had oldest dd keep an eye out and she assured us it was only the one incident but man our blood was boiling.

The reason we would be gone a minimum of 6 hours is because the specialist is a 2 hour drive away and the appointments by the time I have a NST and ultrasound and consultation usually last around 2 hours themselves. So by the time everything is done it is 6 hours, 5 if the waiting times at the appointments are good.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#79 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 12:47 PM

Today's my sil's wedding just south of Detroit - I'm waiting for her to Skype me while they get ready for the wedding so I can see my kids. I'm feeling a little sorry for myself because I would really like to be there, and dh said he would call me last night, and he didn't. Not sure why, but I'm a little sad about that.

Anybody in Michigan? What's the weather like there?

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#80 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 01:58 PM

Today's a pretty boring day at the hospital. lol No one can come out and visit me til later. But I'm happy I've been working on a re-read of a major long series of books. lol So I'm "catching up on my reading".

It's still crazy that we have a baby in our DDC already. Crazy that mine will now be a Sept. baby. So weird. I still don't think my mind has grasped it fully. I've never been in the hospital this long, never been away from my DD for more than a weekend when she is with her Dad (yeah someone brings her to visit everyday, but it's not the same)... this whole thing is almost like an out of body experience.

Mostly I'm overwhelmed with all the support I've been getting. I've had three ladies from my birth group out to see me already. My MW calls me almost daily and will be with me as my doula when it comes time for an induction. Her new apprentice is coming down this week to give me a knitting lesson. lol

I feel really blessed right now to have so many people thinking of me and DS. It's helping to ease my mind a lot.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#81 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Today's my sil's wedding just south of Detroit - I'm waiting for her to Skype me while they get ready for the wedding so I can see my kids. I'm feeling a little sorry for myself because I would really like to be there, and dh said he would call me last night, and he didn't. Not sure why, but I'm a little sad about that.

Anybody in Michigan? What's the weather like there?

that sucks.. i would want to be there too.. & sorry dp didn't call....
he sounds like he is generally pretty sensitive to you.

birdbum, your mabon celebration sounds YUMMY! i picked apples yesterday (not my dp ) and plan to make some yummy appley things as well.

meta: have fun!

earthy: that's wnderful about your new midwife! yay!

well i got some much needed stuff done yesterday.. ordered vacuum bags (the one my mom got us you just cant get them anywhere.. but i found them on amazon.com. weird, no?) i really need to vacuum in a bad way. sweeping just doesn't get the dust up enough for my pregnancy induced ocd.
and i ordered firewood...split and delivered..its a bit more (or a lot) expensive than dp going and doing it but he is so busy these days.. i just decided this is better in the end.
dp is *this* close to getting the tub working. he realized last night he didnt have the right drain piece but other than that its good to go. and we have plans to get the wood stove in this week on the days that dp doesn't start at 7:30 am..we have to do some tiling for the hearth and while we are at that we are going to get the tiles on the backslash in the kitchen..so yeah. hopefully this will be a productive weekend-new week.

i tried cleaning the kitchen early this am and sliced open my finger so the dishes will have to wait. im hoping the rain stays at bay because im going to brave walking to town with my girls today. its market day and i haven't been in weeks..and we just need to get out of the house.. & enjoy the cool autumn weather..

just noticed that its the 18th of September..on the 18th October i will be 37 weeks & term! crazy

less than a week till the true beginning of autumn!

Quote:

#82 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
that sucks.. i would want to be there too.. & sorry dp didn't call....
he sounds like he is generally pretty sensitive to you.
Thanks, Fern - he's a great guy. I just Skyped with them and he forgot. Not the right thing to say to a hormonal pregnant lady who is feeling sad at being left out of things.

I love wood stoves! The heat from wood is the best...we're hoping to put a wood stove insert into our existing (non-efficient) fireplace, but that will have to wait until the reno is over and we have a little more $$.

Phoenix-Mama - hang in there! I'm so glad you have Internet access at the hospital, otherwise you'd probably go stir crazy! Kudos to all your IRL friends that are helping you out - that's really cool.

Hugs to all of you still dealing with summer temperatures! September has definitely been the END of summer here, and while I'm glad it's cooler, I wish the rain had waited until October to appear. We probably won't get much in the way of fall colours this year because it's so wet - well, we'll get lots of brown , but not much red and orange and yellow. Too bad - I love the crispness of fall days, but right now it's just constantly damp.

OK, off to continue working on dd2's scrapbook...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#83 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 08:07 PM

We have our 2nd November babe, mamas! Mran had her sweet baby boy in case you missed her announcement. It sounded like he's doing well.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#84 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 09:33 PM

Wow, another baby????

I had a scare tonight. Totally overdid it and was too dehydrated, plus sunburnt. Had 20 minutes straight of intense contractions and sharp, terrible cramps. But no bleeding or fluid. I'm swollen like a puffball andwas nauseous for awhile, though. Drank 5 tall glasses of water, sat in the a/c and am now getting ready to sit in the pool. Ctxs have slowed and baby is active, so I'm clear, but I was freaked for awhile.

#85 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 09:46 PM

Take it easy kittywitty.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#86 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

kitty! geesh. do you need us to come and tie you up? take it easy mama!!

well, i walked to town and back and didnt die. i did start coughing while walking up the very large hill between town and my house and couldnt stop (also really needed to pee) and was pushing a very heavy buggy with a 2 year old walking way too slowly..BUT i didnt have any RLP!!! i think this stupid cough has actually realligned my sore sacral area.. go figure

and guess what!!!!! dp is done the tub. he is cleaning it out for me as i type. im SOOOO happy! i get to bathe again instead of washing with a hot washcloth... yay! happiness is me.

i feel like i deserve the soak since i took a chance and walked when i didnt know if i was going to be really hurting... wish i had a good book to read!~
i wonder if we have any bubble bath......

Quote:

#87 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 11:29 PM

Mama D~ what are you thinking, girl?! Seriously, be easy with yourself, ok? We needn't have anymore November babies until they're good and ready. Glad everything calmed down.

Yay Fern!! That's so awesome that your tub is fixed! I hope you can sneak in a nice long soak!

We're taking the kids apple picking tomorrow and then to picnic by the river. Hopefully we'll get in a good photo session, too.

#88 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 11:39 PM

kitty, no more of that! Two early babies is enough for this club!

Congrats on the tub, Fern! Hope that you enjoyed a long soak!

The whole family went over to Babies R Us tonight to look at car seats. Would have been nice if anyone would have had a clue as to what they had in stock. I think it just convinced me that I'll be placing an order from Amazon soon. We went to Olive Garden (thanks, Heather ) for an early dinner, to BRU, then did the grocery shopping as a family. Ugh. Dh had been gone all day at a big soccer game, so he was exhausted, I was my usual exhausted self, and the kids acted like they had never been in public before . My feet have been on and off puffy again (on the puffy side now after all that). I feel like baby will be here soon, but at the same time 9 weeks is a long time do deal with swollen feet. My luck the temperature will drop, my feet with balloon, and I'll have to wear flip-flops in the snow. Gonna do my best to be off them tomorrow and Monday as I have an appointment on Tuesday and don't want to get any grief over them. Working on putting in more electrolytes and protein. I know I haven't had enough protein for the past several days.
#89 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
Mama D~ what are you thinking, girl?! Seriously, be easy with yourself, ok? We needn't have anymore November babies until they're good and ready. Glad everything calmed down.

Yay Fern!! That's so awesome that your tub is fixed! I hope you can sneak in a nice long soak!

We're taking the kids apple picking tomorrow and then to picnic by the river. Hopefully we'll get in a good photo session, too.

sounds like a perfect fallish day! we picked apples yesterday and the kids had a really good time.

and yes, i had a very nice soak! with my 2 girls .. but still.. its a nice deep tub and my first bath. ever. in our new house (we moved in in july) so it was a long time coming..but well worth it i say. i love my lime green bathroom. and i have never bathed in a brand new - never been used tub before.

Quote:

#90 of 141 Old 09-18-2010, 11:51 PM

I'm trying to take it easy. I just drank half a pumpkin ale and the pool helped, but the toddler makes it difficult.

Ellen- sounds like fun!

WOOT for the tub, MamaFern!

Tomorrow I have ikea and amassage & pedicure. Monday I have the chiropractor, midwife, and apple picking. It will be a long day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page