Forum Jump: 

#121 of 141 Old 09-20-2010, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post

You aren't alone!
I should mention that this is the extra strength, gigantic 250-count jar.

This is probably a good thing. I'm not sure I'd have resisted with the 60 count we had previously.

When DH brought it home, I couldn't help being slightly offended. I know I'm going through them quickly, but does he really expect me to go through 250 in the next 2-8 weeks when I've "only" gone through about 150 regular strength during the past 8 months? But maybe he does know what he's doing (And he says he got such a big jar expecting it to last well after I have the baby since sometimes he wants them, and we never have them around unless I'm pregnant.)

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#122 of 141 Old 09-20-2010, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Once again I'm lost in the chat thread! I tried to catch up last night & figured today would be a new thread & I'd just jump in there, but alas, it's not until Wednesday.

We had SUCH a busy, busy weekend and a busy day again today - I haven't had time to catch up with anything! (But busy in a good, yet exhausting kind of way. )

Sorry about the heartburn everyone - I only ever had that issue when I was pg with Dd1 - wonder what the difference is? I think I might have had it this time after I ate WAY too much wasabi with my sushi & the only thing that made it go away was a hazelnut chocolate bar & tall glass of raw milk. My cravings were spot-on that time.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#123 of 141 Old 09-20-2010, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
, kitty...I'm sorry you were made to feel bad about the only relaxing thing to happen to you in ages.

I am exhausted, hormonal, and PO'ed today. I detailed my complaints in another thread, and I hope some of you will jump in so I don't feel like I'm the only one feeling like this! My older sister thinks I'm depressed, but I think I'm just pregnant and hormonal (and sleep-deprived - I didn't get one good night of sleep while dh was away...and not enough sleep can send me over the edge, emotion-wise).

Managed to get some cookies in the oven, and they're beeping. Gotta go! Chocolate chunk gingerbread....mmmmm....

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#124 of 141 Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 PM

Bobbi, but those cookies sound great!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#125 of 141 Old 09-20-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Bobbi, but those cookies sound great!
They are super yummy! Here's the recipe: Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#126 of 141 Old 09-21-2010, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

bobbi

today i get to go hang out with other pregnant mamas and mamas of new babies (its called mothercare) for 2 hours, have free childcare and have hot lunch made for me. i love this part of the month its actually 2wice a month but until september i didnt ever make it. dont know why?! its really wonderful. you can go till your baby is 6 months old and they give you a 30$ voucher once a month that is good in quite a few shops in town i have been using that bit of extra to buy something special for myself of the baby. its pretty nice.

last night was a 2 hour homeschooling network meeting..when it was over it was pouring rain and i didnt bring a jacket (not that i have one that fits anyways) so i got soaking wet on the walk home and my cough has reemerged a bit.. dosing up on vit C and prenatals.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#127 of 141 Old 09-21-2010, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Today I kicked @ss in the kitchen. I baked 4 dozen coconut muffins - half with blueberries and the other half apple-cinnamon-pecan. Then I fermented about 40 kohlrabi which = 16 quart jars. I cooked a bunch of chicken necks/backs, (& DP, bless his heart, showed up just in time to pick the meat from the bones - which I loathe to do), now the bones are back in the pot to make stock.

Have to go throw something together with the chicken meat - probably a curry.

But then I have to get dressed and go pick up our CSA share - poo. I LOVE doing that, I just don't feel like leaving the house today.

After WEEKS with GORGEOUS weather in the 70s (& cold nights in the 50s!), it's going up to 88 tomorrow so we're going to the beach for the day. By Friday we're supposed to hit 90 (yuck!) and then4 days of solid rain which we desperately need. I keep thinking of how much nesting I'll get done with 4 straight days of rain!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#128 of 141 Old 09-21-2010, 06:15 PM

Coconut muffins sound great!

I had my 30 week check up today. Everything looks good, baby is head down, heart rate in 130s-140s, my BP is good, weight gain on track, yeast infection cleared up. I talked to the midwife about my last birth and what I wanted for the birth. I keep saying I want to be left alone, which is pretty much how I feel. Everything is going to happen. She told me that the hospital usually puts their (this midwifery group) patients in a corner room with a tub away from the bustle, which sounds good. She was fine with eating and drinking in labor but she said to eat light foods since I might get nauseous in labor with a full stomach, which sounds reasonable to me. I always feel like I should have more questions, but I really don't. Everything is moving along nicely. Oh and she said she was on call on Saturday so if I wanted a hospital tour just call her and she would give me a personal tour which I thought was really nice of her. I don't know if I will since my husband will be at work and I'll have my 4 year old. Maybe we could go in the evening after he gets out of work.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#129 of 141 Old 09-21-2010, 11:15 PM

Mmm...coconut muffins and chocolate chunk gingerbread cookies! You mamas are making me hungry. Honestly if I hadn't gained weight from all the birthday cakes I've baked- and the 2 I have left to bake in a few weeks- I'd be in the kitchen baking up a storm.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#130 of 141 Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 AM

I'm sitting here on the couch with my laptop and my legs elevated, because my legs/feet HURT! My feet don't look swollen, but my socks are digging into my ankles and the aching is telling me something is wrong. Luckily, it was really easy to put the kids to bed tonight (dh is at voice lessons). Sometimes, I feel that I have to be further along than 32 weeks, because I just feel so tired and sore all the time. (I guess I am 2.5 years older than I was the last time I did this, though...and my kids are older and more energetic now)

I'm looking into acupuncture or chiropractic ways to get labour moving earlier - if I feel this way at 32 weeks, I don't even want to THINK about how awful things will be at 42 weeks!

#131 of 141 Old 09-22-2010, 01:10 AM

Geez, Meta! Come cook for me, lady!

I'm glad everything sounds great MisaGoat!

Bobbi-I'm right there with you, honey.

So I about literally had a heart attack earlier. Stepped on the scale and it said I gained 14 lbs...since this morning! About 10 minutes later I figure out the kids messed with it, so I fixed it and all is back how it was. Not great, but back to what it was this morning. My ankles, hands, and feet are swollen something awful, though. Several hours of putting together furniture and a walk in the heat are to blame this time. BLAH. I need to finish putting these rooms together. I just need the energy to actually move around.

#132 of 141 Old 09-22-2010, 01:16 AM

Hi everyone

Sorry I've been MIA for an eternity...first there was our summer vacation (late August), followed by BIL's wedding alllllll the way across the country (where DH was the best man, DD1 was the flower girl, and I was the bridesmaid with the awesome belly), and then since we got back on 9/6, I've been working like a crazywoman to finish everything up before I go out on maternity leave in...oh...2.5 weeks now!

I've been catching up on our new arrivals (wow, yikes, and I'm sending good vibes to everyone with NICU babies right now), working on my various knitting projects, and helping DD1 learn to fall asleep without me in her bed for an hour or more every night. Theoretically things should settle down for a couple of weeks before they get nuts again when DD2 arrives, but in the meantime I'm doing my best to enjoy the ride

And in the meantime, off to enjoy the season premier of Glee -- my guiltiest pleasure!!!

PS -- on the pregnancy front, I'm having the funkiest jaw/mouth stuff going on. About 3-4 days before DD1 arrived, my jaw totally fell out of joint. Well, that happened over 2 weeks ago, at 31 weeks this time. UGH. So my jaw and teeth are all out of joint (probably due to relaxin) and chewing can be a real PITA. Exactly what I wanted for the next 4-8 weeks

Good to "see" you all again!

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#133 of 141 Old 09-22-2010, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Today was a mix of really pretty good and really pretty rotten. I got a package of clothes from Old Navy, including the skirt I bought for labor which is *super* comfy; a package of new towels for the birth arrived; and a color-your-own cardboard castle I'd ordered from Zulily (and didn't know had shipped - the email came late tonight!) arrived. I'm planning to give that to the boys to build, color, and play in during labor. I also took an adrenal supplement for the first time in ages and really felt pretty good. Amazing! Probably should've taken more.

Went to a weekly church "home group" tonight and ended up biting my tongue as long as I could about topics like c/s and why maybe people should think about NOT just signing up for a repeat. Some of the people were also talking about CIO as though it's something everyone does. I was just...shocked. I know I'm a weird one and I also know that some of my values (or at least some practices) are shared by others even in that group, but it was REALLY tough to be hearing some of what was said! I really did try to control myself but also probably should've bitten my tongue a LITTLE harder. So not only was I trying not to flip over what was being said but I was also worried that I probably said something to offend or put someone off. Ugh. I then came home and had to try to actively stop myself from ranting in my own head. I told DH I was sure my BP was up and, whadya know, it was! Totally in a normal, healthy range, but clearly up from my readings earlier in the day.

Anyway, throw in a rough night with DH and crazy kids and it went downhill quickly...

BUT, tomorrow should be good! Other than the fact that I totally forgot I was supposed to go meet with some ladies from our HS co-op tomorrow and overbooked the rest of the day so I can't... But I see my chiro and get a massage (that I missed on Monday 'cause the massage therapist couldn't come in), then I head home to see my MW, and after that we're going for our very first U/S! I have been vacillating on the topic but am now pretty excited. And the kids are super excited! I think it will help make it even more real and imminent for all of us. I think I'll be reassured to see that everything is perfect in there, too. I tend to be anxious by nature and so while I really trust that all is well, sometimes the anxiety with the "unknown" sneaks in. We'll get to have a DVD made, too, so we can show off pics and a movie of the little one to my folks when we get back.

Must sleep. Though I *still* feel like I have that adrenal capsule in my throat. It's only been twelve hours or so.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#134 of 141 Old 09-22-2010, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

hi calihanna! welcome back!
sorry about your jaw thing! thats really crappy.
i had something similar when my dd jumped up and smashed her head into my jaw a while ago. it took over a week till my face didn't hurt when i chewed/talked/smiled.. you dont realize how much you use your jaw till its sore.

heather, that's HARD. i probably wouldn't have bitten my tongue. its a good thing i live in a super crunchy town.
have an amazing day tomorrow!

its....2:39 am and im awake. woke up to a bad dream, needing to pee, heartburn when i layed back down and baby is seriously trying to make more room or something and i just couldnt sleep. im sucking on one of my heartburn lozenges from my HFS (they work So so well.. "acid comfort" by NOW" and hoping i get sleepy again soon.. i really am exhausted. how can one be exhausted and have such bad nights sleeps?

we are supposed to go to this salmon field trip with homelinks and im seriously considering staying home. i feel badly, it would be fun for the girls.. but im still not 100% from being sick, and walking really gets me coughing..its going to be rainy and a LONG day (8 till 2..with 2 45 minute bus rides), and i just know im going to end up carrying my 2YO at least part of the time... my sacral pain is back and im just feeling overwhelmed in general. tell me its okay to miss these events when you are 33 weeks pregnant with baby #4. im so used to doing everything, even if i feel like its a bit too much..then regretting it later. im trying to be proactive and save myself some pain. i could really use a napping day!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#135 of 141 Old 09-22-2010, 10:50 AM

Heather- Can't blame you for you bp being high from that! I would have bubbled over! Have an awesome day today, and share some pics with us!

MamaFern-Take it easy, lady!

#136 of 141 Old 09-22-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
So I about literally had a heart attack earlier. Stepped on the scale and it said I gained 14 lbs...since this morning! About 10 minutes later I figure out the kids messed with it, so I fixed it and all is back how it was. Not great, but back to what it was this morning.

Take it easy, Fern!

Heather, I know it's easier said than done, but don't let other people's choices bug you too much...especially when you're pregnant and rising bp is a problem! Sounds like you got some really fun mail today (yesterday)!

#137 of 141 Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM

I knew I was feeling huge all the sudden... Went from 33cm 2 weeks ago to 40cm today! But MW says baby is not huge - yay! - tho had a growth spurt. Headed to u/s now!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#138 of 141 Old 09-22-2010, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
I knew I was feeling huge all the sudden... Went from 33cm 2 weeks ago to 40cm today! But MW says baby is not huge - yay! - tho had a growth spurt. Headed to u/s now!

i decided to go this am at 7:30 when i woke up and the sun was out. leaving myself half an hour to get 2 kiddos and myself to the bus (on foot). we made it by the hair on a flea.. but it was a good day! im glad i went.

wow, thats a big jump! my baby is being very good and only measuring 35 @ 33 after months of measuring way ahead. go figure
saw my mw today. all is well. baby is head down which really surprises me since i was SURE he was breech, but maybe he flipped today while i was preoccupied?!

Quote:

#139 of 141 Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Suddenly I'm two weeks ahead too (I realize that's not much) but maybe that explains why I have been so crazy hungry lately.
#140 of 141 Old 09-23-2010, 03:20 AM

Fern, I hope you took it easy! We really do need to learn how to say "no" to things at this stage of pregnancy and life! I know it's not easy.

So we have a DVD and a handful of pics of our baby.

Pics:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=af6df80996

None of the pictures are that great. Sleepy baby did NOT want to be cooperative and kept his/her hands over his/her face the entire time. Just praying s/he moves those hands before labor!! (I've had the whole nuchal hand thing once and that was enough! )

Everything looks great, as I was sure it would. Estimated weight 3.5lbs, which is on target for my 7-7.5lb babies. Though my MW said to be sure to be very careful about carbs and sugars nonetheless. Fluid is good, baby parts are all where they should be, we got the clearest views of an umbilical cord I've ever seen (wondering if that means it's longer than the other ones were... especially because it's also around the neck once), and baby has HAIR! She commented a couple of times about all the hair, but I've always had bald babies so I'm still skeptical. I saw it, I'm just not sure it'll turn out to be THAT much. I got a few glimpses that remind me of my DS2 in face shape, and some that remind me of me as a baby (which makes sense - DS2 is my spitting image for various stages of my life). And... gender is still a surprise.

At one point she pointed out that the thing we were seeing was JUST the umbilical cord (which I'd already surmised). I told her I figured it wasn't boy parts as it was way too big, and I've seen my share of baby boy parts. She assured me she wouldn't let me see that part, and didn't. Though there's one shot of the femur where I tried to see if I could see anything. I'm pretty sure she cut off the picture before there was anything to see, though! I did catch one glimpse in the video of baby's knees which were glued tight together. I'm pretty sure we'd have gotten NOTHING to look at even if we tried... Kind of like when she asked if I wanted maybe just ONE 3D pic and I caved... only to discover that baby would NOT be moving her/his hands for *anything!* Oh, well, that I can live with.

My mom and stepdad came over to watch the DVD and my mom said I definitely look a lot bigger. I take that as a good thing, really! Being a "fluffy" mama to begin with, it takes AGES for anyone to dare to guess I'm actually pg. I'm hoping that, maybe, in these next two months it'll be OBVIOUS. Maybe. I seriously had people shocked at 36-38 weeks last time.

And, yes, on the crazy hungry = growth spurt! I told my MW about the night I ate a full can of tuna worth of tuna salad (with apples and plantain chips in it )... over 3g of EFAs, over 40g of protein, a ton of fiber... and woke up SICK I was so hungry! She said I must've eaten that just at the right time 'cause baby was clearly growing! And s/he's definitely getting bigger.

My 6yo is so eager for this little one to get here. He keeps saying he wishes it were time already. Me too!! I remind him baby is still too small, but he really means, as I do, that he wishes we were already at the RIGHT time. I really need to get busy so these next few weeks will disappear. My 8yo suggested when I was scheduling our next MW appointment that the next one would be the last one... I so wish!

#141 of 141 Old 09-23-2010, 11:37 AM

posted to next week's.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page