The Weekly..September 15th-22nd... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my! oh my! ohmyohmy.... a week till autumn truly begins... October mamas are starting to be "term" there is already an October baby born! September is half over and their babies are pouring in left, right & center... so pretty much we are next! how does time go so fast?

Actually the past few days have been going by soOOOo slowly.. i guess being sick does that.. im hoping to be able to go apple picking with some friends tomorrow if i can get myself feeling a bit better..at least i slept last night with only a few interruptions..

there are lots of things to get working on.. its chilly cold now in the mornings and i want to start having fires in the wood stove.. so that is top on my list!
i need to do a massive harvest of things from the garden. none of my tomatoes are red but they are starting to get red when i bring them in the house, so im going to pick the whole lot of them and try to find a place to store them im not even sure what else there is.. i guess potatoes, beets, carrots but those can all stay in the ground a bit longer.

on the baby front im feeling pretty good.. still have an insanely sore lower back (PGP?) but im getting more used to it i guess.. walking a little bit every day does help. and now that its cooler i enjoy it a LOT more. I really want to start going for at least an hour walk a day.. my dog will be pleased! if only that blasted hill wasn't there towering between me and the lake or maybe i just need to suck it up and start walking it again. i used to so it almost every day.

my neighbor asked me if i want the rest of her basil plants (she had a TON) so im going to wander over there in a bit to harvest whats left and then make some pesto to freeze.. my house is a mess.... *sigh*

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#2 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 01:27 PM

It's finally cooling down a bit down here and I finally have some energy to get stuff done!
But, of course-dp pulled a muscle in his back and is pretty immobile right now

I'm all excited/nervous about my home birth. I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do as far as getting the house ready.

I can't WAIT to start cooking cool weather foods (chilli, soups, etc).
#3 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 01:31 PM

I can't believe we're going to start having babies here soon... eep.

I wonder how our triplet mama has been doing, anybody ever wonder about her??

I can't believe I caught the weekly so early, lol, maybe I'll be able to keep up with it this week?

We have company coming in this week... my house is a wreck and I'm not sure how exactly I will finish it by the time they will get here but I'm going to try. I've been feeling rather slow and sluggish. I don't want to do a whole lot, lol.

I've been trying to figure if baby is head down. I think he is... I feel hiccups down low but I can't find his little head. And then what I think is his little butt could possibly be a head?? Ugh... I don't know, I try and feel around each morning.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#4 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 01:49 PM

I *do* think about the triplet mom. Think she's still pregnant?

I think my little girl has turned head down. For the longest time, I only felt kicks in the lower left quadrant. Now there is something (Foot? I hope it isn't elbow.) poking my right ribs, and I've been feeling kicks in the upper left. I'm about to head to the midwives, so maybe they can tell for sure.

In other news, I weighed myself this morning, and I've hit the 20 pounds gained mark. Not sure how I feel about it. It seemed like I was gaining less than with DS, but now it's exactly the same. I gained 30.5 pounds total with him, and I guess I'm ok with that (I started off 5 pounds heavier than with him, and 30-40 pounds "overweight").

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#5 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 01:50 PM

Busy rest of the week and weekend here-- hopefully finishing up all of our house projects!

Funny story (well, it was funny to me..)-- I was at the park this morning with Liam, and chatted with another mom who was due in December and she had an 18 month old.. we talked for about 30 minutes, all the while I kept thinking she looked really familiar.... Figured out, she is a news anchor for our local NBC channel..

Still not getting cold here yet... We're in the upper 80's this week, although that is a nice change from the upper 90's-100's.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#6 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 01:53 PM

I think dh has finally caught the nesting bug! We were in bed last night and he was starting to panic about how little time was left and worrying about carseats....you know, stuff I've only been talking about for forever . My house is a giant cluttered mess too and I just can't bring myself to get up and clean it up - especially because so much of it is on the floor and will require me bending over. I got curious last night again and decided to see if I could feel a baby head - nope. My cervix was difficult to find this time, about as dilated as much as before, but maybe nearly effaced. Would that be uncommon? I don't remember anything from my previous pregnancies, either I didn't check or after the baby was born, it simply didn't matter any more. I still think she is head down, however, from the other movements I'm feeling. Hiccups are low and I'm pretty sure the big round part I can feel is a bum.
#7 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 01:54 PM

I think it's super awesome that my 3 year old daughter is fascinated by the birth process. We were looking at pics of a friend's newborn and then she was talking to our baby (through my belly button) and then all of a sudden she was talking about the birth process (lol) and asking to see my 'peepee' (her word for it... I call it a vulva and for birth a vagina). Then she was telling me we MUST watch a birth video right then and there! So we did... and she cheered when the baby came out.

#8 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have sooooo much to do around here and my dream last night freaked me out a little about not getting "done" in time.

Making my IKEA trip this weekend, so hopefully that will take care of a good part of the nesting. Once we actually have furniture, I might be able to get something done around here.

I am going to try to get a massage and pedicure this weekend. Also going to a Renaissance Festival and staying at a hotel with a pool.

I found a chiropractor! He won't be Webster certified until early November, but his prices are more decent than the other chiros, he and his wife had homebirths, and he's convenient to my mw appointments (which I have on Monday), so hopefully it will work out and he'll fix me some!

I keep feeling hiccups down low and on top, so this either confirms my suspicions that this kid has two heads and octopus legs and arms, or just does it to confuse me to position.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#9 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 03:38 PM

I totally got lost in the other weekly thread, so hopefully I can keep up with this one!

We recently started my DS on a higher dose of melatonin to see if it will help him sleep since he's only been getting 5-7 hours a night. It has helped BIGTIME! He's been steadily getting 10 hours of sleep at night, and even occasionally taking a nap. He's almost a different kid when he's getting enough sleep - more verbal, less defiant, better able to cope with sensory stuff, etc.

Last night, my husband brought up that he's really thinking a UC might be the best option. We both really dislike the obstetric medicine (they're very pro-intervention) and while we had discussed UC at length, we'd decided against it. Seems he's really reconsidering that decision, and it's making me think about everything again as well.

I have to say that I find it incredibly adorable to hear a man start a sentence with "Well, don't you think it'd be empowering...."

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#10 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Making my IKEA trip this weekend, so hopefully that will take care of a good part of the nesting. Once we actually have furniture, I might be able to get something done around here.
Seeing all you guys talk about Ikea over the past few weeks has been driving me nuts. We used to live near one, but now the nearest is like 10+ hours away! My brother is driving in that direction next week and we're actually thinking of giving him a list of stuff to pick up, lol.

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#11 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 04:37 PM

Wow, a new week already? Where did last week go??

to our mamas in the hospital now. They are in my thoughts.

Fern, enjoy your veggie harvesting! We really let our garden slide this year and I am so bummed about that. I hope we'll have a decent garden again next year, I really miss fresh, homegrown veggies.

Gosh, a massage sounds lovely right about now. My lower back and hips are killing me- I'd give anything for some relief.

Birdmum, I'm glad to hear the increased dose of melatonin works for your son and he's getting good sleep. I have heard that it can really work wonders for some kids. Oh, and I have to agree...I think what your dh said is pretty adorable, too! Good luck with your UC plans!

Well, yesterday sucked big time. I'm not really into talking about why exactly now, but suffice it to say, I'm just glad that yesterday is over. I keep reminding myself that I have so much to be thankful for in my life, including the new babe who is joining us in a few short weeks, and that helps to refocus my sadness. I know part of it is raging pregnancy hormones I've got going on right now, too.

I did see my mw today. Babe is LOA! Not that she'll stay that way but it was nice that she was cooperative today. I did gain a little over 3# in the last 2 weeks I blame it on all the cake I've baked...and ate for my oldest ds's birthdays.

Anyone thinking about preggo Halloween costumes?

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#12 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post

Well, yesterday sucked big time. I'm not really into talking about why exactly now, but suffice it to say, I'm just glad that yesterday is over. I keep reminding myself that I have so much to be thankful for in my life, including the new babe who is joining us in a few short weeks, and that helps to refocus my sadness. I know part of it is raging pregnancy hormones I've got going on right now, too.

I did see my mw today. Babe is LOA! Not that she'll stay that way but it was nice that she was cooperative today. I did gain a little over 3# in the last 2 weeks I blame it on all the cake I've baked...and ate for my oldest ds's birthdays.

Sorry you had a tough day. The good thing about bad days is that they end, and every new day is a new chance at something good happening.

I am now thinking "Mmmm... cake." That seems to happen anytime people start discussing food around me these days, lmao.

I celebrate Samhain, and don't generally dress up, but we are taking DS ToT-ing this year because he'd get a kick out of it. He's going to be dressing up as Mario (as in the video games.) What I'm planning to do is get a t-shirt and draw a '1Up' mushroom over the belly with fabric paint.

Kay
#13 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdMum View Post
I have to say that I find it incredibly adorable to hear a man start a sentence with "Well, don't you think it'd be empowering...."

I agree. My obnoxious BIL was talking at a family get-together a few weeks ago, saying how his wife never wanted to have kids because pregnancy was so uncomfortable and how the worst part was pushing a baby out at the end. I concentrated hard on my knitting and said nothing so I wouldn't say something rude. I was so happy and proud when DH turned to him and said, "Oh man, you don't know what you're missing. That's the best part!"

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#14 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 06:11 PM

Ikea is about 5 hours from me, so it's quite a trip!

Ashley, I'm sorry yesterday sucked but at LOA!

I've been thinking about preggo costumes since I found out I was pg. I want something good this year. I love Halloween.

Good luck with the decision, Birdmum. Dh is pro-uc but I'm not comfortable with it this time.

As for weight gain, according to my (hopefully) inaccurate scale, I've gained 13 lbs this month.

#15 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 07:16 PM

I am TERRIBLE about joining in and posting when I don't have something very specific to say, so I've been lurking around on our due date club for months!

Today, I went in for my regular prenatal visit and my BP was 178/108! Ack. Exact same scenario as my last pregnancy [due date club Feb 2007--my DD was born 1/27/07]. Midwife looked back in my chart and it happened the same time [32 wks 5 days] and the BP was exactly the same also--weird! No swelling or scary pre-e symptoms, just a big BP rise. I was so hoping that my BP would stay somewhat "normal" this time. At least my birth was still completely natural and largely unhindered in spite of the BP.

So, now I am couch bound for the duration. With a 3 1/2 year old. And almost NO helpful family or friends nearby. And a DH that gets COMPLETELY stressed out when he has to cook. Ack. Oh my goodness.

Lisa, momma to DD '10 , DD '07, DS '82 and partner to DH
#16 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 08:25 PM

BirdMum, love your DH's comment! And I am SO impressionable when it comes to food! I *really* need to improve my diet but it's hard when everything sounds good!

Lisa, so sorry about the HBP! I'm glad your last experience was good, though, and hope this will be, too!

I can't believe we have mamas on bedrest and in the hospital already. Wow! That's half "I can't believe we're that far along" and half "I can't believe the mamas have so long to stay there!"

My BP and pulse have gone crazy today. I was standing at DH's office door waiting for him and just felt really weird. Had DS bring my BP cuff to check while standing there and my BP was fine but pulse was 130! A bit later, my BP was 10pts higher than it had been. Even after driving 15-20 minutes (so sitting a good while), my pulse was over 100. I felt better after awhile and got to do our Costco shopping (must have food for the party tomorrow!), but my MW said I *really* need to be focusing on eating enough and eating well to see if that will help stabilize everything. Phooey. I hate thinking about eating. So now I have to figure out how to do that.

Well, we're supposed to be out the door already to go to a new small group meeting but DH is resting and UPS still hasn't come! I saw the truck in the neighborhood almost 45 minutes ago and it was NOT that far away. Ugh. I really want my stuff!! And I need the books in on package for DS's birthday tomorrow so I can't afford to not get it. Hoping they get here before we load up.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#17 of 141 Old 09-15-2010, 10:10 PM

Lisa, I feel your pain. My son is 3.5 as well and my being essentially couch bound has been tough on him, but we all do what we need to do to keep these babies baking. Hopefully your experience this time will be good as well.

Heather - sorry about your heartrate - that's so uncomfortable. I have to take a medication occasionally that makes my heart race light that and it is such a miserable feeling. I hope it calms down with just some dietary changes. Did the UPS guy come?

So earlier today, I called my OB's office because I've had a headache going on 4 days now, and my vision is getting blurry and my BP was up (146/90) when I checked it earlier at the pharmacy. I wanted to come in just to check for proteins, to be on the safe side. The nurse never called me back and they wouldn't answer the phones when I called back. This is not the first time that stupid office has blown me off and I am getting really freaking sick of them. I hate that I have no options when it comes to maternity care here. Provided my risk factors stay low, UC really is looking like the preferable option - I really do not want to trust these people with my body or my baby.

Kay
#18 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 12:22 AM

UPS did come! Not sure if this link will work, but here's what came today (the two Goodmamas came Monday): http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...8&id=783248080

I've been feeling better this evening. Need to focus on eating enough and well and all that good stuff. I know I can but I can't say it's my favorite part of pregnancy.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#19 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 12:28 AM

Wow - lots of diaper goodness!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#20 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post

Im loving the idea of a newborn costume instead

So glad to see a new week roll in. Time is being so weird-one second its flying and the next it stops... but overall definitely flying-what joy!

Kitty-have a fun trip! I imagine having new furniture will send you into a crazy nesting frenzy. Ill never forget how with our first DH and I spent that entire day nesting up post-Ikea- assembling our new furniture and setting up new mattress...and at midnight my exhausted DH fell onto the new bed and prepared to pass right out when-bam!-my first contraction hit hard By the time we got into that new bed we were three.

Nic-so cute when little girls that age are so interested in the birthing process-little DD is the same way. She insists to be in the room when the baby is born (hmm i donno about that).

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#21 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 09:20 AM

We started out our week with a bang, literally. On Monday we were running out the door---driving to the train station to pick up my DH b/c I had a conference call at 6 that I couldn't miss. I also had diapers in the wash that needed to go in the dryer for bedtime, so I ran into the basement. My 3.5 year old couldn't figure out which shoe went on which foot, came to the top of the basement stairs and tripped. I watched him fall the entire flight---hitting only twice, once with his forehead, once with his back. He landed at the bottom (luckily on a huge pile of laundry instead of cement) and there was, of course, much blood. He had a gash in his forehead and I could see his skull. SO, off to the ER we went. Luckily my neighbor ran over to watch our 2 yo and my DH even called in to the conference call for me (although I need to do a recap today). I have to say, DS was a total champ. He got 6 stitches, but wow.

I saw my MW on Tuesday---she's great. I love her. After recapping our ER visit, she said, "You should really think about becoming a MW!" Part of the reason I teach Bradley classes is so I can stay up on natural birth, so maybe a midlife midwife calling is in my future.

My MW also had some trouble finding baby's head---although it's apparently b/c I have a deep pelvis so she had to dig way down. Maybe that's what's going on for some of your headless babes? She did tell me, "That's great, you could have a 12 lb baby no problem." Who wants to hear about a 12 lb baby?

I'm starting to think about ordering diapers for the baby---my DH finally admitted that not only does he not mind cloth diapering, he actually kind of likes it! WOO-HOO!!! I'm thinking prefolds and some Imse Vimse soft covers---snappied at first. We'll see how it goes. Luckily I have my birth class baby (that's the size of a newborn) so we can practice on it beforehand!

Hope everyone has a good morning. DH is out of town until tonight and my only goal for the day is to shower. At this point, that isn't happening until nap time. BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

#22 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 AM

Oliversmommy, OMG! How scary, poor little guy. How is he feeling today?

to all our hospitalized and fellow bed rest mommy's. It sure makes for looong days.

I will be forever grateful that dh was able to come off work and stay home during all of this. At first I was staying on the couch during the day but then I found myself nit picking everything he was doing and quickly realized we would never be able to make it like that, so we set me up in our bedroom and things have went waaay smoother since then.

Fern, fresh basil, yummy! The college agriculture department near our house sells fresh herbs at the farmer market for insanely cheap. Pasta sauce is an entirely different world when you use fresh herbs, combine that with your home grown tomatoes and I would love to even get to smell your kitchen while you cook that up. yum, yum, yum.

Nic, our 9 year old dd has always been like that. She still LOVES everything to do with pregnancy and childbirth. I often wonder if she is going to end up being a midwife. We were at an aunts house a couple of years ago and her daughter was very pregnant at the time. I wasn't paying attention and then I noticed my cousin had gotten really quiet so I look over and she is making this funny face. Turns out my 7 year old had been trying to convince her not to get an epidural and to breastfeed!

Heather nice stash you got! One of the covers I ordered was the Thirsties blackbird pattern as well, don't you just love it?

I have been eyeballing so many cute things but I am resisting the urge because if all goes well it will be at least 1 more month before dh goes back to work and I need to save that money for bills. But wow now I super want to cruise the websites and look for sales...

Thanks to all that gave me advice about upping my calories. At my appointment Tuesday I had gained 3 pounds! I was happy, but honestly I don't know if makes a difference or not. I think it is more for psychological help for me than anything else. If I had continued to not gain weight and Seamus didn't grow then I know me no matter what the dr's told me I would still blame myself. So if nothing else at least now I feel like I am doing everything I can to help my little guys grow.

I think I have fallen in love with homeschooling while on bed rest. Now I wonder how in the world I managed to teach anything while chasing little ones all over the house. My older children and I will certainly miss all this one on one time.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#23 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 10:53 AM

Oliversmommy- I'm glad he's ok! How scary!

ILoveMySofie-how hilarious! I can see my luck assembling all that furniture and then going into labor. Best not happen this time, though. I still have 2 months to go!

SashaBreeze-I'm glad your weight is up, even if it does just help psychologically. And that homeschooling is doing well. I think I remember from somewhere on here that you're not too awfully far from me or my mw appointments or something. If you need anything, please let me know. I can drop off some freezer meals or something and I have some extra baby clothes if you need them.

Another kids' doctor appointment today. Plus we found out ds will need to see a neurologist in St. Louis but haven't heard the date yet. OMG. That is so far from us! I hope the appointment isn't in November!!!

#24 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM

Phew! I didn't get online at all yesterday & *just* finally caught up with everything!

Halloween costumes: the kids decided back in early summer that they were going to paint my belly orange & draw a jack-o-lantern face on it.

I'm thinking about the hospital-bound mamas - would you be into sharing addresses (& real names) so maybe some of us could send little care packages? Maybe it will help pass time, it's always nice getting surprises in the mail, even if it's just a little note/book/trinket.

Yesterday our bad kitty returned home. She'd taken off on Friday morning (always an indoor kitty....who likes to pee on the carpet ) and I have to admit, I was getting excited about her never coming home. That sounds so evil. We have another kitty who is no trouble at all and as I kicked butt cleaning the other day, I though how nice it would be to have only 1 litter box instead of the FOUR we have now to try to encourage Luna to actually pee IN the boxes.
So yesterday morning Luna returned. I held her at arms' length & put her in the upstairs bathroom while I finished cooking breakfast because she was filthy, probably had fleas/ticks/poison ivy and I needed to check for wounds because he hasn't had a rabies vax.
After I ate, I put on an old thick leather coat & elbow length gloves & gave her a thorough shower to remove any poison ivy/oak/sumac or other yuck. Then I dried her off and combed her fur while she groomed herself. She'd lost a good bit of weight in her five day adventure, but still weighed in at 12 lbs.
We sort of bonded while I combed her & fed her - she was so ravenous!
Then I waited 2 hours & put some Revolution on her in case she had fleas/ticks/ear mites. We went to the playground & when we came home, I let her out of the bathroom. She was SUCH a cuddly-kitty - I think she was overjoyed to be home safe.
Sol (other kitty) is acting really weirded out by Luna. They used to be great buddies, wrestling & playing chase all the time. Maybe it will just take some getting used to. The kids and I keep saying that maybe it's not *really* Luna, but some impersonator.

Kitty saga is over, sigh.

I'm so uncomfortable. I hit the 140 mark which brings me to 18 lbs gained so far. I got up to 150 with Ds, so I figure that's a safe bet. I started out 2-3 lbs heavier this time, so maybe a bit over 150.

Before I got pregnant, I was a grain-free (except for the very occasional rice cooked in bone broth) very low-carb eating mama. Carbs do a doozy on my blood sugar (insulin) and it's not pleasant. I've never had official issues - when I do blood testing for diabetes, everything looks good - even fasting glucose/insulin levels, but I *feel* the affect of carby or sugar-y foods and get lightheaded/dizzy, kind of out-of-bodyish. It's a really uncomfortable feeling.
For my GTT last week, I had to eat some oatmeal, and now we've eaten oatmeal for the last 3 days in a row. This is what happens when you eat grains/carbs - you can't stop. I really, REALLY hope that I can get back on track after baby comes. I'm ravenous during the first year of bfing, but I also know that when I go low-carb, my hunger drops significantly, my blood sugar stabilizes and I can go for hours and hours without needing to eat (without getting shaky/nauseous/dizzy.)

I'm feeling rather energized today - need to figure out where to focus my energy. Cleaning? Organizing? It's a dreary day here & rain is in the forecast - maybe I'll go through all of the boxes of baby clothes in the basement....

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#25 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 11:50 AM

Oliversmommy - how scary! I hope he's doing okay today. Kids always seem to bounce back from those types of things pretty quick. My husband also took a while to really like CDing, but now he's as big on it as I am - I've caught him shopping for fluff online without me, lol.

Heather - jealous! What a lovely fluff package to receive!

SashaBreeze - glad you guys found something that works out for you guys to bring some more harmony to the home. I've really had to back off when it comes to letting my husband do stuff his way, and it really isn't easy. You are doing everything you can, and that's amazing. I'm sure it can't be easy for you to deal with all of that. Your DD sounds awesome, lol.

KittyWitty - what a pain! Specialist appointments always seem to be either in the most inconvenient place or at the most inconvenient time!

AFM - heard back from OB's office and went in this morning for a protein check & BP check, and had a draw for LFTs. Will find out the bloodwork results tomorrow if anything comes up abnormal, no proteins though and BP was back to normal. I have been getting a strong feeling that this little girl is coming soon, though. It feels like my body is ramping up to go into labour *soon.* Have any of you had that overwhelming feeling that labour isn't far off, and been right?

Kay
#26 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 12:19 PM

Sasha... I could totally see my daughter doing the same thing when she's bigger, lol.

Anyone else dealing with swelling?? My lower legs/ankles still swell up. My bp is alright... it's a little weird (I took it last night) my systolic is higher and my diastolic is way low. 122/57 Neither number is necessarily scary to me, I just find it odd... I think I need to up the protein in my diet (hello EGGS) and focus on eating a little better. I've been eating more grains than usual for me because they've been more readily available. I've been trying to keep my feet up when I can, that helps and it's really not bad until bed time. It doesn't completely disappear when I sleep but it goes way, way down.

#27 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 12:50 PM

Big s to the mamas in the hospital!

I'm waiting for my banana nut bread to come out of the oven and then I'm going to jump in the shower. I work 3-11:30 today and then again tomorrow. I'm so dreading how I'm going to feel Saturday! Then Sunday my aunt is in from out of town and will be coming for dinner and will spend the night. But she's an easy and lovely house guest, so I'm looking forward to that.

Baby has been moving around SO MUCH the last week or so, big movements, and I haven't been able to tell what position she was in. This morning I felt hiccups low in my left groin and what was probably feet trying to flip my ribs inside out, so I'm hoping she'll stay put!

DH and I are still at an impasse about baby names. We can't agree on anything. So I ordered 6 baby name books from the library in the hopes that somewhere in there we'll find something we both like!

Next week I'm going to drag out all of DS's baby clothes and grab out anything gender neutral. Then I'll do a load of all baby stuff (a lot of what I got is from garage sales and resale shops) and put it in a box or try to clear out a drawer in DS's room.

In a few weeks I'll pack my birth bag. I feel like it's still a bit too early for that...

Got to run, buzzer is ringing!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#28 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Oliversmommy: poor little guy! and poor mama too.. those moments are so scary! glad to hear he is recovering alright!

sasha: its great that you are finding positive aspects in a hard time. yay! on the weight gain & the good home-schooling.. if only we could all take a bit more time from all of the housework and craziness of life and just BE with our kids.

meta: i had a trouble cat named luna too. i got her when i was a teenager and had her till last fall.. she ran away, and i wasn't sad at all .. she was a PAIN in her old age. peeing/pooping on things every day. ak. it drove me nutty.
i love cats, but im glad we dont have one right now.

ilovemysophie: that is so funny about ikea.. i can see a trip there and then trying to set stuff up putting me into labor.

kitty hope the dr. appt goes well..

birdmum: i think intuition is pretty right on a lot of the time. i was sure my 1st baby would be a bit early and he was despite everyone telling me no way. i feel the same way with this babe.. not super early but before 40 weeks.. probably 38-39 and something..is my feeling.

demeter: no swelling here since we got back from the city, but that sucked. sorry you are still dealing with that. no fun at all..
that does seem a bit off (that BP reading..) hmm...

afm: still sick. still coughing and sneezing again now,which usually means that im just getting sick. i sure hope that im not getting something on top of this cold. its bad enough.
baby is having hiccups right under my ribs, so i think he has turned head up again figures. he was doing some serious flipping around last night..i think all of my coughing has been really unsettling for this babe. i know it is for me.
when i woke up i did feel slightly better but i feel like im going down hill fast today. blah. my son is leaving for a few weeks with grama later on.. i dont actually like when my kids go away, so im feeling kind of sad about that. he is my best friend and my helper in so many ways.. but the time will hopefully go fast and by the time he gets home i will be 35 weeks!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#29 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 01:12 PM

Fern, have you tried some sodium ascorbate for that cough?? I bet it would kick it to the curb... that and Vit. D and lots of garlic would be my recommendation. Coughing sucks, I can only imagine while pregnant.

Yeah... I'm not sure what exactly is up with my bp other than perhaps the monitor I'm using is off. It's been like this the last two times I've taken it at my grandparent's house. All of their monitors are wonky... I should go to the store and use that one. Prior to these two weird readings (with the diastolic number so low) it was running about 120(ish)/70(ish) give or take a few. I don't think/feel like there is anything wrong... and it's entirely plausible that my diastolic pressure is lower because of the extra blood flow and having really relaxed veins/arteries.

#30 of 141 Old 09-16-2010, 01:14 PM

So I've skim read here and there... But I'm too lazy to reply to everyone so I'll just say that to those of you having a good week and eating yummy food I hope it continues! For those of you not having such a good week I hope it gets better. And for those of you who like to cook... well you are more than welcome to come live with me!

Baby Jude I'm guessing is head down? My pelvis is killing me! Everytime I stand up and walk around I feel pain and pressure right on my pelvic bone in the front... if that makes any sense. Anyways it started a few days ago and hasn't been decreasing. Sitting I don't feel it unless I try to lift my legs??? Which is weird but I'm assuming it all has to do with Mr. Jude's position in there. Pain in the butt... I mean pelvis!

Good news time...

Lucy has been asking to go pee/poop in the toilet and has been having 1-2 pee/poops in the toilet daily. Which is awesome!!! She got up this morning and asked to use to toilet and she actually went pee!!! I'm so proud of her. I had the mindset that I would do the 3 day potty training method and then we would be done with diapers completely. Well after 1 day I gave up... This was 2 weekends ago... and I put her back into diapers. (I was in a super bad mood that day and had 0 patience) Anyways something somewhere must have clicked because then she started asking to use the potty. Which of course we would let her... she'd sit and nothing and the diaper would go back on. Then at the beginning of this week she peed and pooped in the toilet before going to bed and her dad gave her a small toy and 1 M&M (she is a chocaholic thanks to my mom! lol). Now like I said she's gone at least once or twice in the toilet per day since then. So this will probably be a slower process since I'm keeping diapers on her, but she seems to be understanding that she needs to use the potty. I'm going to switch her to pull ups next month and hopefully then to just underwear. I expect we will still have some accidents of course, but I'm hoping since I wont be working after Sept. 30th that my patience and temper will be better to handle them.

Other good news is that I have 10 working days left!!!! OMG!!!! I'm so excited!!! (PS: Lucy says.... "Oh my god... I'm soooo excited" all the time... Mmm I wonder who she get's it from. lol!)

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page