Egg White Discharge? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-23-2010, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Ladies,

I really haven't had much discharge throughout my pregnancy (at least not as much as I read others have). Just some clear, here and there and I think some of that might be from being so darn hot this Summer (sweat). Well I am almost 31 weeks and for the past 2 days I have had a little egg white like, thicker discharge. I had a childbirth class today and they mentioned the mucus plus being like that and now I am worried. Obviously it is too soon for that, but I want to clear my mind. Anyone else have this?

Thanks!
#2 of 12 Old 09-23-2010, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Some people lose bits and pieces of it throughout the later months of pregnancy. I do occasionally. If it's just small amounts with no blood/pink parts and you have no other symptoms, I would not worry about it. But contact your HCP if you are worried.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#3 of 12 Old 09-23-2010, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Oh good to know! I didn't know you can lose alittle hear and there! No blood or pink or other symptoms, thanks for easing my mind. I see my doc next week, so I will keep a good watch on it.
#4 of 12 Old 09-23-2010, 11:33 PM

i get egg-white-like cm after i "o" -- don't know whether that applies to you though

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#5 of 12 Old 09-23-2010, 11:45 PM

I'm 32 weeks today and I've had some of that. For me, it's not the same as what my mucus plugs have been like. They seemed MUCH thicker and more snot-like. I would suppose it's quite different for everyone though.
#6 of 12 Old 09-24-2010, 01:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I started losing large globs (like 1" diameter) of stuff basically the consistency of clear jello starting around 24 weeks. This was often after sex, so I don't know if stuff was just congealing or if bits of my mucous plug were getting jarred loose. Ugh, sorry for the TMI there

In any case, I did mention it to the CNM, because this didn't happen at all with my first pregnancy, and not until 34 weeks with my second (which leads me to. Think it really is chunks of mucous plug), so I was a little concerned about it happening so early. She said that as long as there's no blood, it doesn't indicate anything about cervical changes, and it will regenerate. And that it probably happens to a lot of women who either don't really notice or don't think to mention it.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#7 of 12 Old 09-24-2010, 01:37 AM

I've had egg white cm since early on in pregnancy. It's normal. Like others have mentioned, I wouldn't worry about it unless it was blood tinged.
#8 of 12 Old 09-24-2010, 01:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have had more discharge than usual for me in pregnancy with lots of, erm, "snot-looking," EWCM-like discharge. Definitely makes me think of the mucous plug but it's only small bits, no pink or red, so clearly not the plug itself. Though I am eager for the time when it finally IS!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#9 of 12 Old 09-24-2010, 01:52 AM

DDCC-
I couldn't NOT chime in for this. I started getting thick mucusy discharge like that at about 26 weeks with my first one. And everyone told me that it was fine and normal blah blah blah and I had my baby a week later. It was definitely the mucus plug, even though I never saw any bloody show. Ever.

It's not something I'd say to worry about, but I would get it checked out if I were you.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#10 of 12 Old 09-24-2010, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Everyone! No blood and def. not from sex..lol.. I think I am the only pregnant women who doesn't have much of a sex life right now. Ha ha! Poor hubby!

Anyway, I will see how today goes and if I still see it I will call my doc. So far, so good, though. Thanks again!
#11 of 12 Old 09-24-2010, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've been losing mucus plug for months now - long thick strings of very thick whitish-yellowish snot-like stuff. Sounds lovely, eh? Never had any blood or pink tinge. In my four pregnancies, I've never, ever seen a full mucus plug, not even as labor started. I assume that's what this is & it happens with every pregnancy for me.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#12 of 12 Old 09-25-2010, 12:18 AM

Reading and Learning...

I lost a bunch of little chunks of mucus yesterday. No blood, and it was a very white color. I had hardly even a hint of BH, so I was not worried. But did wonder if it could be my plug. I suppose it will regenerate with having so many weeks left.

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page