Spinning Babies?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why do I feel so stupid when I look at this website???

I really am having a hard time figuring out what position this baby is in and if it's good or bad... the suggestions they have for good positioning seem to have some contraindications on them, especially if you are a multipara like me. Have this or that... how am I supposed to know exactly if those things will help or harm???? ARGH!

Just feeling overly frustrated.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#2 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I know what you mean. Soooo many variables. Whatcha need help with?

I still can't figure out this kid's position. So very confusing. My fourth was so easy to figure out...

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#3 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure what exactly I need help with... I feel like this baby is in a ball, lol, not in any set position. All curled up. I have been pondering if my ligaments are tight and that's part of the discomfort I experienced this pregnancy and last. The site just isn't clear and I understand why... no two women are alike, it's very broad because there are so many variants of normal.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#4 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 09:07 PM

I know exactly what you mean.

I can't figure out positioning either- is that a butt and foot a knee?

If baby is head down, should I do inversions anyway to help with relaxing my ligaments? I don't know!!!

I was also thinking today that the people I know who just go through their pregnancy doing nothing special always go into the hospital and have completely uneventful easy labors. So I'm trying to just relax about everything.

Meghan, Married to Scott, Mother to Audrey- 2, and Expecting Nov 10th
#5 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 09:28 PM

I know, I was looking at it today too. As of my last m/w visit on Thursday, baby was head down, so I'm thinking...hmmm...I really don't want to stand on my head and have it flip breech! Baby did something funky last night though and my belly has been misshapen and uncomfortable ever since, and it feels like there are several hard, round protuberances all over the place, I don't know what's what. I had such a long, hard labor with DD because she was posterior and acynclitic, so I'd love to do something to help position, but then I wonder if that's just how I am built.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#6 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 10:35 PM

I started seeing a chiro. last week for help turning the baby (currently posterior). Apparently, there is a lot that chiropractic can help with in terms of turning. He is a huge fan of homebirth, and my MW rec. him--he has turned many babies for her clients. I am having three adjustments a week, and while I don't know yet of the baby has turned, I do feel fantastic! He did something that makes being massively pregnant much more comfortable. No more sore ankles and achy back by the end of the day.

Mama to DD (10/8/08) and expecting someone new in November!
#7 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I am seeing the chiro the 4th. I loved mine with #4, hopefully this one is good, too.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#8 of 8 Old 09-26-2010, 10:44 PM

Yeah I agree that site can be confusing, I have to click around like a crazy person to try to find what I'm looking for.

I have been going to the chiropractor too and sitting on my birth ball instead of the couch, to try to help baby stay in a good position as well as getting on my hands and knees twice a day and doing pelvic tilts.

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page