What am I feeling? Braxton-Hicks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2010, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas,

I am almost 32 weeks. Over the past week, I've been experiencing a weird sensation a couple times a day. It is like a tickle down low near my cervix. It kind of feels like a brief wave. I have had 2 miscarriages and it reminds me of the feeling I was having during them (although there is NO pain). Is this a Braxton-Hicks contraction? Is it something I should talk to my MW about?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
If you are worried, I would talk to your mw. With my BH, my belly gets tight and uncomfortable and sometimes the blood feels like it rushes to my head, but other people may feel different. You could be feeling cervical effacement/dilation if baby's head is down, too.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 10-01-2010, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I'm not really worried, unless people's replies suggest I should be. I have an appointment on Tuesday with my MW, so I think I'll ask her then. It's pretty infrequent, but something I have noticed. So many wierd sensations during pregnancy!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:18 PM

I call BH contractions my "belly of steel" - they literally make my belly rock hard for a few seconds, making it difficult to bend over, etc. Not a tickle!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 10-02-2010, 11:09 PM

What you are talking about do not sound like Bh contrax, but I don't think theyre necessarily worrisome either. I'be been having some cervical twinge also, probably from baby moving around down there. I'd mention it to your midwife at the next visit but not worry about it in the meantime.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree that it sounds more like baby moving down there or perhaps some cervical change due to baby moving or normal pre-labor changes. In fact, I'm getting some feelings that are a bit like "tickle" way down low, too. I'm pretty sure it's baby's head on the cervix or near it.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

User Tag List