~*~Weekly chat thread: October 7-14th~*~ - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 177 Old 10-13-2010, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dd is still pretty miserable, but ears are good and we now also know that she doesn't have pneumonia. Had to see a different ped than usual and I was pretty sure that that wasn't the problem. But whatever - he does think it is a bad sinus infection and I can buy that one. I used to get awful ones at her age too. She is still super toasty with a fever. Anyway, it was a long day dragging 2 kids to the dr and then getting the chest x-ray and then doing the follow-up. However, I did manage to get to the school in time to pick up the big kids. Sitting at home now and feeling contractions from doing too much. Really glad that I thawed the lasagna I had in the fridge - so much for my post baby stash .
#152 of 177 Old 10-13-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I don't know if I should post this before SashaBreeze, but seeing as how she probably has her hands full right now, I'll let everyone know that on facebook, it said the babies were born today! Sign in and check it out for more info!
Shoot, we're not Facebook friends.... Please keep us updated!

I've been having terrible gas pains/cramping and contractions. I just took a hot bath and am relaxing in the easy chair. I must have a virus that's irritating my uterus...

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#153 of 177 Old 10-13-2010, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It truly feels like someone kicked me in the crotch with steel toed boots. Holy owwwwwww. Wth? I'm assuming just from baby's head which is so insanely low?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#154 of 177 Old 10-13-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
It truly feels like someone kicked me in the crotch with steel toed boots. Holy owwwwwww. Wth? I'm assuming just from baby's head which is so insanely low?
Must be something in the air today, I'm dealing with that too, and been having pretty zingy contractions about every 30 minutes.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#155 of 177 Old 10-13-2010, 08:23 PM

Is it the air? Moon? Stars? Seriously, it's super painful and doesn't seem to be variscocity related-that has seemed better the last couple days. It's just pressure and my cervix feels like it has a battering ram against it. And I'm super tired. I'm waiting for my ipod to charge so I can go do my hypnobabies

#156 of 177 Old 10-13-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
I don't know if I should post this before SashaBreeze, but seeing as how she probably has her hands full right now, I'll let everyone know that on facebook, it said the babies were born today! Sign in and check it out for more info!
Yay SashaBreeze! I'm not FB friends with her but I hope they are all doing well!

I have an appointment and u/s tomorrow and plan to ask my dr for some prescription stuff to deal with the puppps. I was so hoping that the dandelion root capsules would do the trick but after 3 days it's still getting worse and worse. I can hardly stand to have clothes touching my skin. I hope she'll agree that we need to try something else-- I can't imagine going into labor like this.
#157 of 177 Old 10-13-2010, 10:11 PM

Yay Sasha!

to those of you (and there seem to be lots) dealing with ctx or other pelvic pain. Or Puppps. Or kids who are sick. Heck, hugs to all of you. Goodness knows I'm in need of one too.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#158 of 177 Old 10-13-2010, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Sasha So exciting that the babies are here!! Can't wait to hear their birth story!

Ellen, so glad your dd doesn't have pneumonia. I hope her infection clears soon and she's on the mend quickly.

Julie, Nic, and Desiree, I guess, if anything, its comforting to know that we're not all contracting away alone, right?. Last night- and earlier tonight, too- I had ctx like every 8-10 min ish for at least an hour. That's not to mention the BH I've been having all.freaking.day.long this past week. I've dealt with prodromal/early intense BH ctx with most of my pregnancies, but I just wish I didn't have the crazy hip/SPD pain on top of the ctx. Mama D, I hope you get some relief relaxing with your hypno scripts.

Saw my back-up mw today. It was an uneventful visit baby-wise. We mostly chatted about midwifery and me taking my boards next week. I'm measuring about a cm behind but that's probably because this girl is all balled up in a very uncomfy LOP position. I got a referral to physical therapy for my hip pain so I'm going to try and make an appt. tomorrow.

I finished sewing dd2's presents tonight for her birthday on Friday. I so excited to give them to her but I can do w/o her turning 2...she seems so much older already.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#159 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 11:37 AM

If what I've been feeling tthis morning is hiccups, baby STILL has her head high up in my ribs. At 34 weeks. Thinking I need to increase my hands-and-knees stretches to a couple of times a day. Funnily, CNM at last weeks appt. was certain babe was head down, but knowing I hadn't felt her turn since the u/s that showed her to be head up and slightly transverse, I questioned it. She insisted. Ha! Guess I was right after all. As far as I can tell, she's been in roughly the same position for over a month. I wonder if there is something keeping her there?

I had a wonderful massage & chiro appt yesterday, but somehow got left with a waxing and waning headache that peaked overnight and made it hard to sleep it seems to be gone now, but I think I'll chart my water consumption today to make sure I'm drinking enough.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#160 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 01:01 PM

Headaches suck, Karen - hope yours is gone soon.

Off to fold laundry...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#161 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 01:09 PM

Dd was feeling my belly as the baby was kicking just a minute ago. She yells out, "Oh no, she's jumpin' on her bed!" Feels like an accurate description to me.
#162 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
If what I've been feeling tthis morning is hiccups, baby STILL has her head high up in my ribs. At 34 weeks. Thinking I need to increase my hands-and-knees stretches to a couple of times a day. Funnily, CNM at last weeks appt. was certain babe was head down, but knowing I hadn't felt her turn since the u/s that showed her to be head up and slightly transverse, I questioned it. She insisted. Ha! Guess I was right after all. As far as I can tell, she's been in roughly the same position for over a month. I wonder if there is something keeping her there?

I had a wonderful massage & chiro appt yesterday, but somehow got left with a waxing and waning headache that peaked overnight and made it hard to sleep it seems to be gone now, but I think I'll chart my water consumption today to make sure I'm drinking enough.
sometimes massage/chiro releases toxins into your body that you have to work out.. sorry you didnt sleep well though. hope today is restful for you!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#163 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post
Dd was feeling my belly as the baby was kicking just a minute ago. She yells out, "Oh no, she's jumpin' on her bed!" Feels like an accurate description to me.
that's too cute.

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#164 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 02:14 PM

I agree with MamaFern, maybe your body was processing those toxins. Drinking as much water as you can will help, and if you can try to have a really hot shower and let your muscles sweat out some of those toxins, too.

I suffer from late night headaches, I know how frustrating and horrible they can be.

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#165 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 02:48 PM

Somebody tell this baby to get anterior already. I'm starting to stress about another long back labor, this little turkey is being very persistent about being posterior, just like it's big sister. I have stubborn children! Been trying the spinning babies stuff but I think this is just my lot in life.

On the plus side DD slept through until 6 and then got in bed with me for another 2 hours. Too bad I didn't sleep through too but I got my usual 3-5 am streak of contractions. It's going to be a long few weeks

Midwife appointment this afternoon. Can't believe I'm on weekly appointments now, just 3 weeks until my due date.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#166 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 02:56 PM

My kiddo also hangs out posterior most of the time. My last was a back labor and she hung out in the same position-I think it has to do with my messed up right round ligament.

I can NOT believe we have so little time left! I was talking to the kids last night and about had a panic attack when I realized I have under a month left. That's 3-4 weekends, probably tops (for me), until I'm holding a baby. A real baby. And going through birth. I was kind of excited about birth but now OMG all these fears are manifesting and I'm so freaked out!

#167 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 02:59 PM

I hit 35 weeks today and the time crunch is here for me too. I just spent some time writing out some instructions for my kids (like ds needs to take school library books back on Thursdays, etc) in hopes of feeling more organized.
#168 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 03:32 PM

There were lots of things I wanted to say to people the other day, and I wrote a post and then ds came running up to the computer and smacked his hand on the keyboard and it was gone. Then I was overtaken with cramps and ctx the last couple days, so I haven't felt like writing out anything lengthy, and now I can only remember a few things! I'll do my best to remember...

Heather, your ds's curly hair is adorable!

Meta, I'm so sory your dh is going to Mexico for such a long trip, this close to your due date. Even though I live one state to the west of you, I don't think that's close enough to run over and help you out if you go into labor or something!

Karen, sorry for headaches, breech baby and continued c-section fears.

Ellen, sorry for your cat troubles! Sometimes pet problems on top of everything else in life feels like the last straw! Our dog still occasionally has accidents in the house (on carpeting, of course), and that's when I threaten to hang her from the nearest tree. Of course I don't mean that, but it makes me feel better to say it!

Fern, I've been thinking about you and hoping you're starting to feel a little better. I don't get how inducing you at 37 weeks is supposed to help anything, but of course that's probably with the expectation that you'd have a hospital birth with an epidural, etc... I would think that your labor will be easier the longer you have to heal.

Avasmom, I don't know why you think you're so huge. I think your belly looks completely appropriate (and you look fabulous!).

Nic, glad your computer is back in commission! I'm all for backing up photos and such ASAP. I lost so many of mine and all of my music earlier this summer. My broken heart is still healing from that one.

Desiree, your poor cervix getting beat up on! May you be 10 cm dilated whenever you're ready to have your baby!

Ok, I think I remembered a lot!

AFM, I went to the chiro yesterday and asked him to explain what he thinks might be going on with my left rib and back pain. I guess it all has to do with my pelvis shifting and pulling on my ribs, etc. There's nothing I can really do but make sure I try to stay aligned for as long as possible between visits and go in for frequent adjustments. I've been trying to be really good about proper body mechanics, but with a needy 21 mo old and curling up into a ball everywhere because of stomach cramps and ctx, I think I already blew it! Oh well, I just imagine how all of these symptoms will magically disappear as soon as I pop this baby out!

I spent the morning cleaning because I just couldn't stand the mess any longer. I got dh involved doing all the vacuuming on the first floor while I mopped and dusted and even vacuumed off the couch cushions and pulled them off and vacuumed underneath them, where there were tons of random cheerios and such. I also wiped down the kitchen table and chairs because the smudge marks and dried on food had ben grossing me out for too long! I'm lying down now giving myself a break, but want to do a few more things before I call it a day. It does feel so good to look around and see CLEAN for once!

My dinner plan involved going to the grocery store, but now I'm not in the mood to leave the house. Ugh! Dinner has become the albatross around my neck lately! I don't know. Maybe we'll do "breakfast for dinner". Dh went to see a movie so he probably won't be hungry anyway. He always orders a huge thing of popcorn and eats the whole thing!

It's so exciting that some of us are having our babies, and dealing with prodromal labor (is exciting the wrong word for that?) and having weekly appts and feeling babies' heads down low and such! It is *finally* starting to happen for us November mamas! What a road we've all been on together, huh? I guess I'm feeling a little sappy, but thanks mamas for all of your wonderful support and friendship the past 8 months or so. I don't know if I could have made it through all of this without you!

#169 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 03:35 PM

I feel the same way.

#170 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
It's so exciting that some of us are having our babies, and dealing with prodromal labor (is exciting the wrong word for that?) and having weekly appts and feeling babies' heads down low and such! It is *finally* starting to happen for us November mamas! What a road we've all been on together, huh? I guess I'm feeling a little sappy, but thanks mamas for all of your wonderful support and friendship the past 8 months or so. I don't know if I could have made it through all of this without you!
i feel the same way. i have a lot of close friends, but you guys just know exactly what its like at this moment, you know? its really nice support to have.

i really look forward to hearing all about your amazing empowering births and beautiful healthy babies in the next months ahead!

mz, i wish that i could report that im feeling better but im not really. im not getting worse i dont think, but im kind of lingering in still coughing/lungs sore and still really hurting in my ribs. i have tried to get out of bed a bit more but just being in the kitchen sitting at the table exhausts me. i had a really hot shower sitting on a milk crate in the tub last night and that felt So good. i think i will be doing that again tonight for sure.

i go to see the dr. tomorrow as my 7 days of antibiotics are up then. i dont know if i have cleared my lungs out or not. it doesn't really feel like it. today has actually felt worse. im very tight and weezy and have been taking the inhaler the dr gave me even though i said i wasn't going to use it im hoping that its just the tail end of the pneumonia and not it getting worse. at least when i cough its productive (and nasty) but my ribs are making all of these popping, rubbing yucky sounds now after seeing the chiro. its kind of unnerving. the pain meds are helping some ( i tried not taking them yesterday and was in insane pain) but im not pain free by any means. i still cannot lie down..so im sleeping sitting up and just dont get a great rest like that.. i tried lying down half way through the night last night and couldnt get into a comfy position and getting up from laying down is hellish

at this point im trying NOT to think about birth because the thought of having a baby like this makes me just want to cry and hide under my bed. i dont know how i will do it. i know that i will when i have to because im a strong woman and i have given birth before but i think i need to just not think of all of the details atm. it could be a pretty intense painful birth
or maybe baby will just slide out of me.. that's my hope!and since im planning a lotus birth i know i can just lay in bed for another week at least after he arrives..my mil/mom should be here to help out with the little ones.

i cleaned my room today and really tired myself out just picking things up off the floor and sorting laundry.. my dp vacuumed thank goodness!
and now my sister has taken my girls to the family center and my son is at swimming lessons till dinner time so im going to nap. dp works till 7:30 so im home alone how often does that happen?

im so grateful for all of the help and support im getting right now. i hope that i will be able to repay it some day.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#171 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post
that is so sweet!

my youngest dd is really asking about the baby a LOT these days. she always asks "is baby sleeping?"

((((kitty))) fears are normal. do you ever use rescue remedy? it might be good to take a drop/spray when you are feeling really worried about things.. i know it does wonders for me.

Quote:

#172 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
My dinner plan involved going to the grocery store, but now I'm not in the mood to leave the house. Ugh! Dinner has become the albatross around my neck lately! I don't know. Maybe we'll do "breakfast for dinner". Dh went to see a movie so he probably won't be hungry anyway. He always orders a huge thing of popcorn and eats the whole thing!
I'm feeling similarly.

I did chili last night, and there's plenty left. I really should freeze that and do something different, but I have NO CLUE what.

Doesn't help that I feel like I should only be doing clear liquids and produce myself. Everything I eat just sits like a rock.

Maybe I can go into active labor now and not have to worry about it?

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#173 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 07:35 PM

Fern, it doesn't sound to me like you're getting better. I'm glad you're going back to the doctor tomorrow. Maybe you need to switch antibiotics...? Just out of curiosity, what are you taking? Pneumonia is a really rough illness to get over completely, but still, after a week you should be feeling better than you do, methinks.

Ocelotmom, I ended up making hash browns and scrambled eggs with crumbled breakfast sausage, cheddar chz and spinach. We also had toast and apple cider. It was actually pretty good. Funny, because I was going to make chili, but had no ground meat. Hence the change of plans!

#174 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 09:22 PM

Ugh, Fern, that sounds rough. It might be viral pneumonia, but I hope for your sake it isn't and that it clears up quickly.

I am so, so, so tired today. Dh was supposed to be out of town tonight, but was able to rearrange and work from home tonight after the kids go to bed. Thank goodness! I was freaking out a little about doing the whole routine solo when I'm feeling this run down.

A friend is taking the younger 2 tomorrow so I get a bit of a break, then I'm going to do something one on one with dd1 - now that she's in school all day, she gets no special time, and once the baby comes, it definitely won't happen. I thought we might go to a cafe and have some hot chocolate and a cupcake or something else girly.

Julie, your dinner sounds really yummy!

#175 of 177 Old 10-14-2010, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Fern, it doesn't sound to me like you're getting better. I'm glad you're going back to the doctor tomorrow. Maybe you need to switch antibiotics...? Just out of curiosity, what are you taking? Pneumonia is a really rough illness to get over completely, but still, after a week you should be feeling better than you do, methinks.
ITA w/ Julie on this one. Glad you're going back to the doc, too. Hopefully they will be able to switch you to a med that will knock it out of you. I had pneumonia during my last pregnancy. I remember a lot of the same symptoms you have been describing but after about 3 days on antibiotics I was feeling so much better. I'm wondering if maybe you have viral pneumonia if you've been on abx for a full 7 days and you're feeling worse, not better. Lots and lots of healing coming your way.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#176 of 177 Old 10-15-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Ocelotmom, I ended up making hash browns and scrambled eggs with crumbled breakfast sausage, cheddar chz and spinach. We also had toast and apple cider. It was actually pretty good. Funny, because I was going to make chili, but had no ground meat. Hence the change of plans!
We ended up doing the chili, but I have a lamb roast defrosting for tomorrow, so I don't feel too bad about it.

I had half a bowl of chili and a green smoothie, and I think it was still too much.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#177 of 177 Old 10-15-2010, 04:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Flying by... Must get some sleep and I'm hungry AGAIN. I just had a snack. And I don't want to stay up long enough to heat up my dinner leftovers (which Dh so kindly put in the fridge so they're now cold and unpalatable... and we don't have a microwave so nothing is quick!). Sigh.

Anyway, demo starts on the bathroom tomorrow at 8am! Err, today at 8am. That's in about 5 hours! DS and I are sleeping in the playroom on the futon so we're out of the way. Cleared all the baby stuff out of the bedroom and got what clothes we need, etc., so we'll be camping out at home for possibly 2-3 weeks. I'm 35 weeks today/Friday so we're pushing it but they should be done within 21 days. If we can just make a final decision on a tub, we'll all be good.

Anyone constantly hungry but can't eat much? Driving me nuts. Perfectly normal, I know, but still. The worst is when I can tell I'm still hungry but just have NO interest in whatever's in front of me. I finally succumbed last night and got Sonic 'cause I wanted something creamy and nothing healthy sounded good at all! Since I'm supposed to be avoiding white sugars and white flours as well as simple carbs (like, you know, tater tots - though I didn't eat any, exactly) this was not such a great choice. But what I got tasted good and I was happy for a while.

So, 3 am, and I'm starving... and must sleep. These are the things I will not miss about being pg!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page