The Nausea is back :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-12-2010, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else experiencing this, and what are you doing about it?
I started feeling sick last night -while trying to enjoy the new episode of House- and woke up this morning still feeling nauseous Feeling better after eating, but really not looking forward to it's return. ugh.
#2 of 11 Old 10-12-2010, 11:34 AM

i am, but i think it has more to do with the pain meds im taking for my broken rib than anything else.. it feels so crappy. i get hungry but can hardly eat...
but being hungry makes me feel worse.
soon these complaints will all be behind us though..right?

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#3 of 11 Old 10-12-2010, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
DDCC - I'm 32 weeks now and its starting to come back some. I'm not really sure why. Maybe morning sickness is what you get at the beginning of pregnancy and evening sickness is what you get at the end...

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#4 of 11 Old 10-12-2010, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Not a whole lot of nausea, but I became an insta-vegetarian last night. I was eating some beef soup, looked at a piece of meat, and thought "That looks like a chunk of dead flesh". Which, of course, it was, but that's not exactly news to me.

And the GI tract clearing out thing means that everything is just running through me, which makes me not want to eat much at all.

I think perhaps I'll survive on grapes until the baby is born.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#5 of 11 Old 10-12-2010, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
A lot of people around where I live have been experiencing very short-lived stomach bug-type GU issues. For most of them, it's been diarrhea, but some of the kids have had vomiting mixed in. I know of at least 3 different families who've had it and it only lasts like 6 hours. Could it be something like that?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#6 of 11 Old 10-12-2010, 01:44 PM

GI issues, vomit, diarrhea lasting about 12-24 hours around these here parts of Maryland but, yes, i too have had morning sickness pretty much the entire pregnancy. If I can force myself to eat breakfast, and it has to be cold, cereal, yogurt, maybe juice, then I tend to feel better. If I wait too long to eat once I wake up it seems to get worse and forget about anything hot, or eggs, or meat. And if I happen to smell something whiffy I feel a wave of nausea just wash over me. ugh.

Me married to a biker DH with DS (16) and DD (1).  caffix.gif

Quote:
Life ain't always beautiful but it's a beautiful ride.

#7 of 11 Old 10-12-2010, 02:15 PM

Mine isn't really like my morning sickness was, but just a general yucky feeling about eating. Food is just too much effort right now.
#8 of 11 Old 10-12-2010, 08:13 PM

I've been vomiting first thing in the mornings again, and having nausea episodes throughout the day, plus all food looks gross to me. I was taking Unisom for nausea but decided to stop because it wasn't seeming like it was helping much anymore. Now, after I start heaving in the morning, if I don't feel better I take 2 mg of zofran (half of a half of an 8 mg tablet). That way I can actually participate in my day...

Can't wait to chow down after I have this baby!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#9 of 11 Old 10-23-2010, 01:23 PM

i haven't had any pain meds in almost a week and im more queezy then ever. queezy, bad heartburn, really sore sacrum. geez. i feel very broken today... i wish my dp wasn't working

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#10 of 11 Old 10-23-2010, 01:50 PM

Oh, Fern! I'm so sorry.

Dh and I were in our backyard this morning swinging ds on the swing. He commented on how beautiful the leaves are, and how much he loves the smell of the air in fall, etc. I said that I wished I felt better to enjoy it more -- it's hard to appreciate things when you're constantly feeling cruddy (and have a perpetual bad taste in your mouth).

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#11 of 11 Old 10-23-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
Oh, Fern! I'm so sorry.

Dh and I were in our backyard this morning swinging ds on the swing. He commented on how beautiful the leaves are, and how much he loves the smell of the air in fall, etc. I said that I wished I felt better to enjoy it more -- it's hard to appreciate things when you're constantly feeling cruddy (and have a perpetual bad taste in your mouth).
seriously! this is my favorite time of year and i cannot enjoy it at all. its really sad.

Quote:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page