experienced mamas do contractions feel like gas pain to you? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-13-2010, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD came out face up and I had a back labor. Felt like my butt was about to fall out and like i had really bad gas i couldnt get out and kept getting kicked in the stomach or something. Not what i expected at all. I expected more muscle ache period type cramps...

So wondering what contractions felt like to others

I've been having BH for months and months but this past few days its a lot of pressure, feel like pubic bone is bruised or something and when I have the BH its tightening accompanied by gas pain type feeling, sort of like labor with dd. Not sure if it actually is gas pain or if I should be worried...

I have a midwife apt next week and they are not at all consistent or close together or anything... but it made me curious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2010, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have been having the same thing. It feels kind of like early labor with two of my labors but not as intense.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 10-13-2010, 03:59 PM

The ones I am having now definitely feel like it, but more intense. They seem to start that way then just get stronger and stronger until I have to breathe through them.

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:26 PM

for me it was more menstrual like cramping.. just much worse.

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 PM

I might describe my second labor as feeling more like that. My first one was all back labor and the only way I've been able to describe it is that it felt like my back was catching on fire!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:21 AM

I had a friend whose first was born in the hospital, "not yet in labor". She was on an EFM, which was showing she wasn't contracting. She was having horrible gas pains. The nurse kept coming in saying you're not in labor. She told her husband, if I can't handle bad gas, how can I have a baby?!?

Finally it seemed like her bowels were ready to explode, she called the nurse to unhook her so she could go to the bathroom. Well, nurse comes in, mom stands up, baby is born!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

Old 10-14-2010, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I wouldn't describe any of my contractions (in any of my pregnancies) as gas pain.

My BHs (which are quite productive) take my breath away - that's how I know one is starting - and then my belly tightens up like crazy & it's painful in a way that I have to stop what I'm doing and breathe deeply through them. The BHs don't feel like menstrual cramps, but once *real* contractions hit - that's exactly how I'd describe mine.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:58 PM

When labor started with DD I knew it was the real thing finally because it felt like menstrual cramps added on to the BH abdominal tightening I'd been having. Later on it felt like the above, times 10, plus really painful round ligament pain plus back pain. I figure that was my pelvis opening up.

User Tag List