*~*Weekley Chat Thread- October 15-22*~* - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 217 Old 10-23-2010, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
((((bobbi)))) what sad/scary news about your friend. i really hope its not MS you dont need any more bad news this close to baby time.. you need to keep your spirits up.

icecream. it does sound good. the weird thing is, since ive been sick i have not craved much of anything. my appetite is bad and i have such bad heartburn i eat because i need to but im really not that into it. i remember being this pregnant and being starving last time around. even the thought of icecream doesn't peak my interest much. boo.

misa: thanks. im getting excited that she is coming today. im really going to try not to be a grump with her. its kind of one of those left over from being a teenager things or something, but she tends to rub me the wrong way. but my kids adore her and she is really a good person.. even if we have some issues..so yeah.

on sewing machines, one of my mdc mama friends came to visit this summer and left me her little brother serger..she just mailed me the presser-foot a few days ago and i have a husqvarna machine that is like 40 years old and a total tank, but it sews amazingly well. its been my plan to do some sewing but being sick has really made it hard to get things done. i bought some really nice fabric from ETSY and still want to make a quilted changing pad and a blanket for baby. maybe while my mom is here..my MIL is a great seamstress, so maybe when she comes she could do it for me, if i haven't gotten to it yet. happy sewing to those of you actually tackling these tasks!

i folded and sorted all of my baby clothes yesterday. it was so fun. there are a few things that my son wore when he was born, some tiny cotton sleepers and stuff that made me all melty thinking about when he was a baby. he was so tiny & perfect. i think my dd2 was too big for those things (all 10lbs of her) but my dd3 fit them for a while. anyways, i have a wicker laundry basket full of tiny soft NB things most of which wont work till the lotus birth is complete. i guess a sleeper with an umbilical cord still attached wont work so well..though i have never tried it. i think baby will mostly wear the long sleeved kimono shirts i found with a diaper and the wooly knee socks i knit. it should only be a week till it separates.

i was thinking today i need to get my lotus birth stuff together. my dp isn't into the idea though, so im not sure what we are going to do...

feeling queezy & crampy this am and littlest dd woke me up way too early with wet pants in my new clean bed (luckily it was mostly on her) im going to put on "Ponyo" for her and try to nap a bit more.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#212 of 217 Old 10-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Banned

OMG toaster strudel for bedtime snack last night!!! (I have to eat something then or else I wake up at 3 or 4 and can't sleep anymore b/c I have to eat and then I'm up.) I totally went to the regular grocery store and bought all kinds of regular garbage we haven't eaten in years. I am just path of least resistance this week. If anything goes wrong I want to start crying in public, so I'm surrendering and going with the flow. DD wanted these nice Pep. farm crackers they only have there, so there we went instead of the HFS or TJs. It was nice to get a roast chicken for $5 and packaged food that took 5 minutes to turn into dinner. I am so over being in the kitchen; it HURTS because the sensitive line of my belly hits RIGHT on the counter. I want to CLEAN this weekend, and that will include the kitchen, but otherwise I'm only going to be in there for baking up stuff to freeze.

Kittywitty, my friend is a hypnobabies instructor and she says she has never EVER stayed "awake" through an entire track, not once. I don't think I have, either. And it still totally worked for both of us. I have been slacking since I got to maintenence but I am doing better again. Just turn it on and drop off, that's really all you need to do! A little practice here and there during the day is good, but I really only get to do that once a day, or every couple days. I just do a few rounds at once if I can. During acupuncture I always get lots in, the only time I'm fully supported without a kid bugging me
#213 of 217 Old 10-23-2010, 01:59 PM

RE: broken crotches... mine has been popping and snapping for weeks now, I want to say since I hit the 30ish week mark. Now my butt cracks, too, which is just odd lol.

I bought chemical dishwasher detergent last night after not using the stuff for over 5 years. I make my own but the problem with that is the dishes have to be clean before they get put in the dishwasher and my family kinda sucks at that part (myself included), I've been totally skimping on doing the dishes (ew) because I just can't stand that long... so I thought, we'll see if it works. If it makes my life easier I'll keep it. Well, first load last night was pretty gnarly (lol) and all of it came clean and I was more than happy I wasn't hit with the overwhelming scent of bleach when I opened the door. It's well worth it, I think, at this point.

So I made myself vow not to obsess over every little thing my body is doing and I'm doing pretty good. I didn't check my cervix yesterday or today... however, (tmi) I pooped (not the trots) like 5+ times yesterday.. and there has been a lot of pressure. I'm sure it's baby to just nudging into position and I highly doubt that I'm going to have him/her anytime soon... I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#214 of 217 Old 10-23-2010, 02:21 PM

UuuUgh. i have been throwing up for the past few hours. i feel SO sick. i actually called dp bawling a few minutes ago asking him if he can come home.. not sure if he will be able to but i feel like such a wuss. i have never called him at work before and asked him to come home. throwing up gallons of stomach acid is the worst thing ever. when will this crappy roller coaster ride end? my poor 2 YO keeps hugging me and asking when i will feel better and then she told me baby is coming out at 3:00 at least my kids can make me smile, even in the worst of it.

nic, you have to do what you have to do.. and clean dishes are nice
i have also been going to the bathroom way too often the past few days.. its getting old. seriously.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#215 of 217 Old 10-23-2010, 02:24 PM

Re: sewing machines - I have a Pfaff that I bought as a university graduation gift with gift $$ (sewed my wedding dress on it!), and 12 years later, I still love it. It's not a particularly complex model, but it does all the basic things well. For a couple of years, I couldn't figure out why it was suddenly sewing sooooo slooooowly - I wondered if it needed cleaning or something. Well, last year, when I wanted to make my girls matching Christmas dresses, I decided to find out once and for all what was going on. I discovered that there's a slow/fast switch on the foot pedal that was (duh!) switched to slow...needless to say, I felt like an idiot for avoiding my machine because of something that was so easily fixed! But now I'll feel better teaching my dd to sew when she's 8/9 or so, knowing I can slow down the machine for her.

to all in the broken crotch club - I'm not there yet, but I certainly feel for you!

Just found out my aunt (the one whose husband just died) will be in town during my due date....it would be so cool if baby came while she was here visiting.

Fern, I hope you enjoy your visit with your mom. Moms are really great to have around when you're extremely pregnant - I hope this is your experience this time 'round, too.

OK, gotta go help clean the house.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#216 of 217 Old 10-23-2010, 02:25 PM

Fern, we crossposted - I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy. Here's hoping T can come home and help you out.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#217 of 217 Old 10-23-2010, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fern

Nic- hey, if it works, then it works! Dh always buys Cascade but I buy 7th gen if I do the shopping. So long as I don't have to wash them by hand, I could care less at this point!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page