Breasts feel different? Heavy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-18-2010, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My breasts over the last couple of days feel like they are bigger, heavier, fuller ... the nipple almost feels engorged. It is very weird. I've never felt like this before giving birth before. Is it a hormonal thing? I'm 34 weeks ...
#2 of 8 Old 10-18-2010, 05:08 PM

Probably hormonal... I started getting colostrum a while ago and now my breasts definitely have moments that they feel heavy, full, engorged. I'm still nursing my 3 year old so that may have something to do with it for me... but yeah, that's been my experience!

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 8 Old 10-18-2010, 05:24 PM

I was feeling that last night as well. Almost like I was going to have let-down. I'm nursing a 3 yo too.
#4 of 8 Old 10-18-2010, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

I still had milk at the beginning of this pregnancy but haven't nursed in about 22 months now ... I know it switched to colostrum a few weeks ago ... but now they feel so firm like they are filling with milk. Very weird!!!
#5 of 8 Old 10-18-2010, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, mine are getting heavier, more full feeling, and leaking much more easily. Also more sore, though. I didn't have a ton of change early on (when I was still nursing DS) so I'm wondering if they're making up for it now? Of course, I am now already lopsided. Even DH said, "Yep, they're getting bigger... especially that one." "That one" got HUGE after DS3 was born and was unbelievably lopsided compared to the other side. I suppose I'm in for that again!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#6 of 8 Old 10-19-2010, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Well last night after dinner I started leaking (I was in my PJs/no bra) and then lying in bed I leaked a lot ... like when my milk first starts coming in. This is colostrum, but still, very strange that I'm leaking this much. I'm guessing this is normal, just don't know why ... I feel like I should be wearing breast pads.
#7 of 8 Old 10-20-2010, 11:00 AM

Yep, I've noticed this too. My e feel fuller and heavier though I'm not having any leaking yet.

Also, to the moms who are still nursing their three year olds, is it hurting more and more? I'm doing the same thing, though it's just comfort nursing at bed time/during the night. And it is sooo painful. It feels like broken glass being rubbed against them. AAAGHHHGHHG. DH says I should just tell DS 'no more' but I feel badly about doing that so close to the birth of his little sibling
#8 of 8 Old 10-20-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebird View Post
Yep, I've noticed this too. My e feel fuller and heavier though I'm not having any leaking yet.

Also, to the moms who are still nursing their three year olds, is it hurting more and more? I'm doing the same thing, though it's just comfort nursing at bed time/during the night. And it is sooo painful. It feels like broken glass being rubbed against them. AAAGHHHGHHG. DH says I should just tell DS 'no more' but I feel badly about doing that so close to the birth of his little sibling
For me, it's just the initial latch-on that hurts - that's been pretty consistent for me for most of the pregnancy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page