The Official Broken Crotches Club - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 10-25-2010, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Kim, that sounds horrible! Do you have a chiro or can you get in to see one? I know the babies are doing some major work on our pelvises at this point, but hopefully a chiro could offer some relief!
Thank you for the suggestions. I have not seen a chiropractor this pregnancy. I was doing well until last week when I took a nice long walk (it was so nice to get out alone) while my husband was home to watch the kids. It did me in, and I've not been the same. I will give the chiro a call. I feel much better after a night of sleep and taking the morning off from house work or errands. I can walk today, albeit slowly and with a very short, ginger stride.

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
#32 of 51 Old 10-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47chromosomes View Post
Sometimes the pain I have at the front of my pubic bone is so bad I cannot walk. I can crawl as long as I move my right leg forward with my hand. I'm sitting on the couch right now debating whether to call DH to come home. I can't believe how painful this is!
oh mama and i thought my "i feel like i have been kicked by a horse in the a$$" feeling was bad..
chiro for sure. im so SO glad im seeing mine tomorrow.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#33 of 51 Old 10-26-2010, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Well, I'm still a member of the Broken Butt Club, though thankfully mostly in an annoying, rather than painful, way. I still can't sit too long or lie on my back without my SI joint getting achy, which I'd really thought would improve without all the baby weight there. And it gets clicky every time I cough, which is frequently.

I suppose I just have to give it time. Or a chiropractor, if time isn't doing it.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#34 of 51 Old 10-26-2010, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ocelot. I'm not expecting mine to go away immediately... I think it will take time and chiro work, honestly. I hope it improves quickly for you!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#35 of 51 Old 10-27-2010, 03:47 PM

I went to the chiropractor. Glad I did, I feel much 'straighter', but my crotch still hurts. In fact, a little worse from where I was this morning. Hoping after some rest i will at least be better off than the weekend.

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
#36 of 51 Old 10-27-2010, 03:58 PM

I dunno how this happened, but I just walked 3/4mi without any significant pelvic pain! I had to drop the van off because the a/c suddenly stopped working last night. Praying it's just a need for freon! So I walked home with the kids from the shop (which I've considered doing before and never done). Oh and did I mention it's 88° out and humid so with the head index it's 94°?! My boys were complaining from the get-go but I was okay most of the time! My round ligaments were more of an issue than my pelvis. I'm shocked!

And I've gotta go shower and head to the massage/chiro which will hopefully help even more. Gee, maybe I'll survive the next few weeks!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#37 of 51 Old 10-27-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelotmom View Post
Well, I'm still a member of the Broken Butt Club, though thankfully mostly in an annoying, rather than painful, way. I still can't sit too long or lie on my back without my SI joint getting achy, which I'd really thought would improve without all the baby weight there. And it gets clicky every time I cough, which is frequently.

I suppose I just have to give it time. Or a chiropractor, if time isn't doing it.
my chiro recommends going in as soon as possible after baby is born, and before this i would have scoffed but i fully intend to this time. probably not till at least 1 week PP but ill be there soon after.
try to make some time!
eta: it does take time for everything to get back to where it should be, but dont wait too long mama. being in pain is no fun.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#38 of 51 Old 10-27-2010, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
my chiro recommends going in as soon as possible after baby is born, and before this i would have scoffed but i fully intend to this time. probably not till at least 1 week PP but ill be there soon after.
try to make some time!
eta: it does take time for everything to get back to where it should be, but dont wait too long mama. being in pain is no fun.
I *always* go within a few of days of birth to get my pelvis back in place. The pubic bone pain doesn't disappear immediately for me w/o the chiro's help.
Plus, I always get baby adjusted since they are often out of alignment from the birth and it can affect nursing. My last one had a clear case of torticollus where his head was cocked to one side and he had trouble nursing. After his adjustment around 2-3 days old, nursing went beautifully, he held his head straight and he was *much* happier.
My sister's baby had the same thing & I recognized it immediately. She had the same great results.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#39 of 51 Old 10-28-2010, 02:41 PM

I'm beginning to have a lot of anxiety about the birth. Is this stabbing pain going to make things unbearable during labor and as the baby descends during pushing? I am so thankful to have a tub to labor/birth in if need be, and the yoga ball is a bearable place to be. I'm really nervous. I feel so helpless when I can't move my own legs. Can physical therapy be of benefit? I did the chiro, and so far I still have a lot of pain.

#40 of 51 Old 10-28-2010, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

It never bothered me in labor, I had other pains that took precedence.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#41 of 51 Old 10-28-2010, 04:05 PM

Really? Well, of labor can take my mind off of it, then Bring It On!

#42 of 51 Old 10-28-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47chromosomes View Post
I'm beginning to have a lot of anxiety about the birth. Is this stabbing pain going to make things unbearable during labor and as the baby descends during pushing? I am so thankful to have a tub to labor/birth in if need be, and the yoga ball is a bearable place to be. I'm really nervous. I feel so helpless when I can't move my own legs. Can physical therapy be of benefit? I did the chiro, and so far I still have a lot of pain.
I can relate. My SI joint has been giving me trouble since around 10 weeks, and it's reached the point where if I don't stay in bed 24/7 I can't do much of anything without excruciating pain. When it's flared up I have to use my arms to move my right leg, and I can't put any weight on it.

I didn't have any luck with physical therapy. I did it for most of the summer but all it did was drain my wallet. Lately I've been seeing the chiropractor and it doesn't help much with the pain... but I keep going because I'm sure it's good for baby's position (I'm paranoid about a posterior baby).

The one place I am totally pain-free is the pool. I get a couple pool noodles and wrap them around me, tucked under my armpits, and just float. It takes all the pressure off my spine and pelvis and feels heavenly. The only downside is having to get out eventually

Skeptical scribbling dorkophile.
#43 of 51 Old 10-28-2010, 09:14 PM

How about deep tissue massage? It can be *excruciating* but also *extremely* effective, at least for me. A friend was talking about PT helping her today, but obviously YMMV with any of it. I've personally found the best effect with a combination of routine chiro care and really good, targeted massage. My chiro can only do so much, to the point that everything is perfect when she finishes, but the muscles are still in knots and spasming - and then they pull everything out of place more quickly.

I hope you can get some relief! I know I am so stiff and sore that I can't imagine laboring like this. Yet, I have never had any real problems with pelvic pain during labor.

#44 of 51 Old 10-28-2010, 09:17 PM

I took some of your advice and went to the chiro today. Thank you ladies!!! It has really opened up my pelvis - I'm no longer limping!

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#45 of 51 Old 10-28-2010, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Yay!!!

After Sunday I'm going to start walking more. Well, painfully waddling, at least. My tailbone feels broken but I'm going to start trying to walk this kid out!

#46 of 51 Old 10-29-2010, 10:08 AM

The stabbing pain never got to me during labor - I think because my cervix was then completely dilated? I think the stabbing pains are just baby's head bouncing on the (mildly dilated) cervix right now.

I walked for 4 HOURS straight yesterday!! (Except for the 15 times I sat down on a toilet to pee...) It wasn't so bad at all! And I even feel pretty good this morning. A little pubic bone pain, but not so shabby. I think I might try walking *a lot* from now on just to get baby to put more pressure on my cervix.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#47 of 51 Old 10-29-2010, 01:39 PM

Wish I could see a chiro! I have taken to balling up my fist and pressing on my sacrum to help alleviate some of my discomfort. I'm ok when walking for awhile (not too long, lol) but the first 5ish minutes or so I have this really painful shuffle waddle while my body readjusts to the position change.

The thing that gets me is all of the crackling... anybody else? It does it a lot this time, I know when baby is settling in because things will pop... I did not have that happen before. I'm wondering just how damaged my pubic bone is. It's a little alarming...

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#48 of 51 Old 10-29-2010, 02:09 PM

Went to the chiro this morning, and my SP is still tight, which means I've got a while to wait yet. I expected this (I'm only 37w2d), but I hope it will change in a couple of weeks so I don't get to 42 weeks!

But he (the chiro) said the stabbing pain in my cervix should be alleviated somewhat, because it was partly baby and partly my pelvis being out of sync. That's a good thing!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#49 of 51 Old 10-29-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Went to the chiro this morning, and my SP is still tight, which means I've got a while to wait yet. I expected this (I'm only 37w2d), but I hope it will change in a couple of weeks so I don't get to 42 weeks!

But he (the chiro) said the stabbing pain in my cervix should be alleviated somewhat, because it was partly baby and partly my pelvis being out of sync. That's a good thing!
What does that part mean?

The stabbing pains in my cervix haven't gone away despite adjustments - I figure it's just baby head way down low bouncing on my cervix.

#50 of 51 Old 10-29-2010, 09:17 PM

I have to admit I didn't really understand what you mamas were talking about...until about a week ago. Holy moly! I didn't have this with my other pregnancy. Then it was all about my tailbone killing me. Now I have hip pain, mostly at night, and "crotchal pain" all the time. WTH is that all about?

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#51 of 51 Old 10-29-2010, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Putting an ankle on your knee and bending down to clean your filthy feet in the shower is sooooo not a good idea if you have tailbone issues. Mine was feeling fine for today until that. Now I'm all sorts of broken.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page