The Official Broken Crotches Club - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Am I the only one with crotchal pain? Besides my RLP and SPDit feels as if my crotch has been kicked by a room full of kids with boots. The pressure from this baby's humungous 80 lb head is surely cutting off circulation to my lower half. I checked to see how low baby is after the severe cramps, pressure and non-stop bh I've been having and the head is below my pubic bone internally. No joke. How it hasn't fallen out yet, I don't know, but if it gets any lower surely my dh "delivering his prostaglandins" will be impossible.

So join in and commisserate...if I'm not the only one.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#2 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Awwww You are not alone, I too am in this club. My crotch hurts like nobody's business, particularly the right side.

It kills me at the weirdest times - I can't stand to put on pants anymore because if I put any weight on my right leg, my crotch feels like it is going to explode! Yikes!

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#3 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
and I just started a thread in the Dec. DDC about how much pressure is on my cervix right now, but maybe I should have posted here. I've been avoiding standing up because-- OUCH!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#4 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 07:01 PM

delete

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#5 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 07:05 PM

I was in the Broken Crotch Club first pregnancy. This time, it's the Broken Butt Club - my sacroiliac joint seems to be the part causing my problem this time.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#6 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 07:25 PM

I'm right with you mamas! If it's not constant pressure then it's stabbing, shooting pains deep in my pelvis and down the fronts and backs of my thighs. Rolling over in bed makes me feel like I'm pulling my groin. My other 3 kids were all heartburn, I'm not sure which location I prefer.

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#7 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 07:30 PM

"Crotchal pain" is my new favourite term.

And I'm right there with you as well. I can finally eat more than half a cup of food at a time, but I have been going pee every 20 minutes because of the head on my bladder. Getting up and down constantly to waddle to the toilet, though, HURTS!

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#8 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy&Jude'sMama View Post
Just rolling over in bed sends shooting pains to my pelvis. It's ridiculous!
THIS!!! It seems to take me half an hour to roll over in bed because it hurts my crotch so much.

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#9 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 09:28 PM

Yep here too. I coughed today while walking and it felt like my pelvis split in half.

I only wish that this meant my heartburn was gone, but I still have that too!

Meghan, Married to Scott, Mother to Audrey- 2, and Expecting Nov 10th
#10 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Banned

Me, too! So bad for rolling over in bed. It seems a bit better since acupuncture yesterday, so we'll see if it's really better tonight. But I also have the burps with throw-up and all that (no heartburn, thank goodness). I never want to sit on anything hard now-- birth ball time! I swear I'm gonna carry it around me with me to wherever I go. It just hurts my butt and crotchal region, as we call it
#11 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 09:56 PM

Ooooh, I might bring up dd's exercise ball to sit on (I bought it for her when she turned 5 to roll around on - it's a regular exercise ball, though) - thanks for the idea, SM!

Went to the chiro again today, and it seems to be really helping the hip and back pain. And I might go into labour earlier, too - that's a bonus!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#12 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 10:56 PM

i cant complain.. well i could but after the hellish 10 days ive had a bit of pelvic discomfort and a head between my legs feels pretty darn good. i can get out of the bath by myself, i can walk without almost crying.. i can cough without worrying i will break another rib. i feel pretty great compared to 10 days ago

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#13 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 11:28 PM

I'm definitely in the "Broken Butt Club" since most of my pain these days is the piriformis muscles and SI joints. That is the WORST! Oh and my tailbone, too. But I have totally got the pain in the front, too, especially when trying to get dressed.

I was at the chiro the other day and needed to get on a high table to have them do some treatments. I kept thinking I'd just throw a leg up and over the table. Umm... Nope.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#14 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 11:39 PM

For me it's more my 'groinal area'...between the head sitting on my RL and shooting pains in my cervix I'm about ready to wrap this thing up.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#15 of 51 Old 10-22-2010, 12:14 AM

Groin, crotch, pelvis, cervix, menstrual like cramps, lower abdomen.. you name it. Random pains everywhere!

I've had a symptom free pregnancy (other than occasional heartburn) up until last week. Where did all of this come from?!

Something has definitely changed..maybe he's "dropped," but every single thing seems like a HUGE task. I was laying down earlier and DH asked me to get up and turn off the light. After serious contemplation and a few of those preliminary I-need-to-get up rocking back and forth movements, I rolled enough to get off the bed. (with a huff and a puff that is!) Pitiful, lol. In other words, this baby has permission to come out.

SAHMcrochetsmilie.gif to DS babyf.gif (born naturally 11/5/10) and a loyal dog2.gif
familybed1.gif femalesling.GIF cd.gif goorganic.jpg winner.jpg 

#16 of 51 Old 10-22-2010, 12:56 AM

Kitty, as the President of this fine club you should take me into consideration for Vice President.

Pregnancy #4 over here and first time experiencing the broken crotch. Putting on pants/undies/socks on while standing up is totally out of the question. I have to sit down or I may just fall because the pain is so unbearable.

Also coming to a standing position after sitting down feels just like this on my crotch

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#17 of 51 Old 10-22-2010, 09:56 AM

Can I join as a junior member? Mine's only really bad at certain times of the day, or when I work and am on my feet for a long time (like last night!). But I do get shooting pains out of the blue that make me gasp. And when she stretches.....

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#18 of 51 Old 10-22-2010, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm in. The last 3 days have been excruciating. It coincided with Wednesday's adjustment, when baby dropped immediately afterward.

Putting on shoes & socks is ridiculous. There have been times this week when I've been walking around a store and I suddenly have .5 oz of urine in my bladder and then I have a *whopper* of a contraction, stabbing pains in my cervix & I think "Am I going to make it out of here?" It gets worse as the day goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdMum View Post
And I'm right there with you as well. I can finally eat more than half a cup of food at a time, but I have been going pee every 20 minutes because of the head on my bladder. Getting up and down constantly to waddle to the toilet, though, HURTS!
Yep, peeing every 15 minutes is SO not cool. And having a whopper contraction with any amount of pee in my bladder makes it feel like labor. And when you add in the stabbing cervical pains, I figure I might as well BE in labor.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#19 of 51 Old 10-22-2010, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
I'm in. The last 3 days have been excruciating. It coincided with Wednesday's adjustment, when baby dropped immediately afterward.

Putting on shoes & socks is ridiculous. There have been times this week when I've been walking around a store and I suddenly have .5 oz of urine in my bladder and then I have a *whopper* of a contraction, stabbing pains in my cervix & I think "Am I going to make it out of here?" It gets worse as the day goes on.

Yep, peeing every 15 minutes is SO not cool. And having a whopper contraction with any amount of pee in my bladder makes it feel like labor. And when you add in the stabbing cervical pains, I figure I might as well BE in labor.
I have this EXACT same thing! I know for a fact I don't have a UTI but I swear I pee a tiny dribble and sit there for like 10 minutes like..."wait? that's it?" and then I leave the room and have to pee and get contractions and it repeats. I don't remember it this bad with my other kiddos.

And of course, ILoveMySofie, you may be my Vice President. Unfortunately, it's not a paid position, but the position is yours if you want it.

Dh thinks it's hilarious to see me squirm into clothes, too. Putting on undies and pants is quite hilarious, I must say. Sometimes I even fall over.

#20 of 51 Old 10-22-2010, 01:50 PM

My groin/crotch pain has been my main complaint alternating with heartburn. I apparently am carrying low. One of the secretaries at work (a mother of 4) asked if I was feeling pressure from carrying low! Definitely, yes. My husband also pointed out I am getting some stretch marks, on the underside of my belly where I can't see it. Thanks for letting me know.

I also have to pee all the time or at least every time I stand up. I had to go into my son's school today to use the bathroom when I went to pick him up.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#21 of 51 Old 10-22-2010, 03:15 PM

Bless your hearts ladies. I would have SO been in this club a week ago.

Just thought I would give you guys some encouragement and reaffirm that once the baby is born the crotch pain from h e double hockey sticks goes away like magic!

Hang in there, you all have almost made it.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#22 of 51 Old 10-22-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaGoat View Post

I also have to pee all the time or at least every time I stand up. I had to go into my son's school today to use the bathroom when I went to pick him up.
Many afternoons I have faced a major dilemma picking ds up from pre-K. As in, I really NEED to pee but am afraid that if I sit down on one of those preschool size toilets, I would need to call for help to get up again.
#23 of 51 Old 10-22-2010, 05:23 PM

I'm taking this to a new level....with every step I take, my crotch pops...loudly.

It started with my first steps out of bed and has continued all.day.long. OMG, it's more annoying than the baby hiccups happening 5 times a day/night.

And then the pain - the bruising feeling way up in my pelvis is killing me.

I just want a warm bath and a 2 hour massage. I miss DP because I miss him, but I also miss the massages he gives me.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#24 of 51 Old 10-23-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies View Post
Many afternoons I have faced a major dilemma picking ds up from pre-K. As in, I really NEED to pee but am afraid that if I sit down on one of those preschool size toilets, I would need to call for help to get up again.
They let me use the staff bathroom, thankfully. I think I've reached the point in pregnancy where I can ask to use the bathroom anywhere and they won't give me a hard time.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#25 of 51 Old 10-24-2010, 10:02 PM

delete

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#26 of 51 Old 10-25-2010, 01:02 AM

Sometimes the pain I have at the front of my pubic bone is so bad I cannot walk. I can crawl as long as I move my right leg forward with my hand. I'm sitting on the couch right now debating whether to call DH to come home. I can't believe how painful this is!

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
#27 of 51 Old 10-25-2010, 02:55 AM

Kim, that sounds horrible! Do you have a chiro or can you get in to see one? I know the babies are doing some major work on our pelvises at this point, but hopefully a chiro could offer some relief!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#28 of 51 Old 10-25-2010, 10:09 AM

Definitely get to a chiro if you can - one who specializes in pregnant mamas. I *love* my chiro and am so thankful I live near one who knows what he's doing.

I can't wait for Wednesdays...

#29 of 51 Old 10-25-2010, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

I also recommend a chiropractor. I had a fantabulous one where we used to live. I'm pretty sure that's the only way I lived through that pregnancy!!!

#30 of 51 Old 10-25-2010, 12:32 PM

I had SI pain with #1, and SPD now. I started seeing a new chiro (with 4 weeks to go!) and he recommended a modified pigeon pose. It *really* helped. Also, there is a stretch where you sit on a chair, rest one ankle over the opposite knee, and lean over with palms up so your elbows are on your knees. You get an awesome stretch through the hips.

The pubic bone pain is still there but at least I can walk!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page