Hoping this is labor...I think it is - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if this is labor, pre-labor or just a sicko game (false labor). I hope it is the real deal! I am 37 weeks and 4 days.

Yesterday morning I bent down to look for my water bottle and I felt something nasty. Well, I went to the bathroom and found a huge glob of goo. It was a large mucus thing. It was clear. I think this is my mucus plus as I have never had this happen before (this is my 3rd child but I have never lost my plus before labor before). 30 minutes later I noticed some pink tinge in my underwear. Within an hour the contractions started coming. They were strong, painful and radiated around my belly and back. They were anywhere from 4-10 minutes apart. I went for a long walk and they picked up. However, when I came home, they slowed down. By last night they were only a couple an hour. I didn't sleep good last night and was up with nausea and diarrhea. This morning I felt pretty good but an hour ago they started up full force again. They are very painful, coming 7-9 minutes apart, I can feel them in my stomach as well as terrible back pain, and I am super achy everywhere. Last night I believe she dropped as well since I am having more pelvic pain, I feel movements very low (not normal for me), and my belly looks a lot lower.

So, for now I am hanging out at home hoping this is the real thing and it starts going full-blown soon. What do you all think? I see my OB tomorrow but I hope I am labor now and have a baby soon. I don't know though. When do you know that you are in full-blown labor and need to call your doctor? I have never been in regular labor that was not medically (or self) induced and have no idea what is normal and what isn't.

Thanks!

Amber (31) - Married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years, mom of 4 amazing kids (ages 12, 8, 3, and 16 months), homeschooler, and expecting our 5th child around May 18th!
#2 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 06:54 PM

I don't know exactly how to tell, since I've only gone into labor on my own once, and that one was pretty clear (cx 20 min, 12 min, then 5 min consistently for the next few hours). But good luck, I hope it's the real thing and you have a quick, easy labor and a baby in your arms soon!

Jen, mom to DD1 10/01; DD2 6/05; DS 11/10; and 2 older cat.gif
#3 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 06:54 PM

It sounds like early labor/pre-labor to me! Def sounds like you had bloody show and mucous plug... I would hold out a little longer before calling your OB though, because if the contractions are still that far apart it could go on for awhile. I would rest and relax as much as you can for now and wait until contractions are closer together (like 3-5 mins apart). Take a bath and drink a beer/glass of wine and then lay down. If it isn't labor, it will most likely stop.. if it is, you will need the rest!

Good luck Mama! Hope this is it for you!!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#4 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post
It sounds like early labor/pre-labor to me! Def sounds like you had bloody show and mucous plug... I would hold out a little longer before calling your OB though, because if the contractions are still that far apart it could go on for awhile. I would rest and relax as much as you can for now and wait until contractions are closer together (like 3-5 mins apart). Take a bath and drink a beer/glass of wine and then lay down. If it isn't labor, it will most likely stop.. if it is, you will need the rest!

Good luck Mama! Hope this is it for you!!
i agree..

ELV's

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#5 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 07:26 PM

Hoping this is it for you too!

Depends on your practice as far as what they want you to do. For me, I go in when I'm 5 minutes apart, last 1 minute. I don't make a call, though, since one of them is always on call.
#6 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 09:32 PM

I want an update! It's been almost 3 hours....

I don't know if I can answer your questions - my labors have always been fast & furious from the get-go. Maybe do some stuff to encourage labor? Sex, EPO, walking, etc?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#7 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
I don't know if I can answer your questions - my labors have always been fast & furious from the get-go. Maybe do some stuff to encourage labor? Sex, EPO, walking, etc?

I am also very curious as well about how things are going, hope it is baby time already and you guys are curled up together getting to know each other.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#8 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

So far no real update. I am still have painful contractions but they range from 4-15 minutes apart now and I am suffering terrible diarrhea (not like me). The contractions are definitely not BH, and they are the real deal but I just don't get why it is taking so long!

This is so new to me. I have been induced with my others (medically with my first and castor oil with my second). My labors were both very fast and furious. They were both only 4 hours. This feels real but it is taking so long. So, I am confused. I am going to rest tonight and see what happens. I see my doctor tomorrow and hopefully they will say I am in real labor. I want to avoid going to the hospital until I am at the end so I won't go now. I just want my baby very soon. Thanks for the advice and the good thoughts. I really appreciate it!

Amber (31) - Married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years, mom of 4 amazing kids (ages 12, 8, 3, and 16 months), homeschooler, and expecting our 5th child around May 18th!
#9 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthyamber View Post
So far no real update. I am still have painful contractions but they range from 4-15 minutes apart now and I am suffering terrible diarrhea (not like me). The contractions are definitely not BH, and they are the real deal but I just don't get why it is taking so long!

This is so new to me. I have been induced with my others (medically with my first and castor oil with my second). My labors were both very fast and furious. They were both only 4 hours. This feels real but it is taking so long. So, I am confused. I am going to rest tonight and see what happens. I see my doctor tomorrow and hopefully they will say I am in real labor. I want to avoid going to the hospital until I am at the end so I won't go now. I just want my baby very soon. Thanks for the advice and the good thoughts. I really appreciate it!
#10 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthyamber View Post

I hope you can get some real rest tonight - that, or have your baby tonight! Let us know in the morning...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#11 of 23 Old 10-27-2010, 11:50 PM

How exciting! I had a long labor with my first and diarrhea at the beginning of it. At first I couldn't tell if I was having contractions or cramping from diarrhea.

Good luck, hope you get some rest while you wait for your baby!

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#12 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yay! I hope you get some rest and wake up to have your baby!

If ctxs keep coming at the longer intervals, you might try doing things like lunges during ctxs to help baby get in a better position. Pelvic tilts and hands and knees can help, too. If you have a chiro, a visit could help a lot. I've had plenty of labor like that (my last, especially) and it's typically a positioning thing. But, with my last one, I went VERY quickly from that sort of 3-15 minute apart (but very strong) ctxs to transition to holding baby... Not more than an hour, to be sure, and probably a lot less! It was a very weird pattern (my MW with 20+ years experience had never seen that happen), but it worked, even with the weird spacing.

Look forward to seeing updates!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#13 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 02:11 AM

Thinking of you!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#14 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 02:32 AM

How are you doing, mama? You've been on my mind!
#15 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 03:43 AM

I hope you're either asleep or holding a baby. You'll be on my mind.

Kay
Mama to a wonderful, happy, and delightfully odd little boy who will shortly have a baby sister.
#16 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 10:01 AM

I've been thinking about you too!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#17 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Banned

Thinking good thoughts for you! I bet that baby comes fast once it decides to at last!
#18 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 10:39 AM

Checking in...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#19 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 11:24 AM

Oh, I hope this is the real thing for you! Can't wait to hear how things go!

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
#20 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I am feeling very Grrrr today. The contractions stopped last night as I was going to bed. I have only had a handful today. It just seemed to all stop. I am back from my doctors and she said that I am now 3 cm. She swept my membranes (ouch) hoping to speed it up. I am now having contractions again but I am not feeling that hopeful that they will stick. I feel defeated and very grumpy. I am going to try some exercises today to see if I can get her in the right position, drink more pregnancy tea, and go for a walk if it quits raining. These contractions are painful now and I am just hoping that they decide to stay this time. Thanks again for everything....I really appreciate everyone here!

#21 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 07:13 PM

mama, hopefully things kick in for you really soon.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#22 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 09:09 PM

I hope these contractions stick and your baby is here soon!

#23 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 11:30 PM

Stay, labor, stay!

I had stop and start labor with my first, so I have an idea how frustrating it can be! It wasn't until my water broke (while getting my membranes swept) that they really picked up and stayed consistent. He was born 8 hours after my water broke.

I hope that things have picked back up for you and that you are holding your little one soon!

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page