***Weekly Chat Thread October 30-NOVEMBER 5th*** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2010, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
That's great, Julie! And hopefully you'll share your finished belly cast for us to see?

Stitches- dh and I managed twice in one day the other day. That was fairly miraculous. 3 times would definitely be pushing it at this point.

Meta- Pictures? I usually make soft sole shoes for my kids but don't have the time/energy this time and I found a coupon for 50% off robeez online (one day sale) and ordered the moose boots for this winter and a cute pair of tree/bird shoes for spring & summer. They are really cute & soft and look easy to put on. Which should be helpful to keep baby's feet warm outside here. Last winter was bitter cold.

I am so jealous of you sleeping all night! I haven't slept more than 30-60 minutes in a row for days...

Catie– I can imagine you'd be tired! Those places wear me out just thinking about them.

FarrenSquare- my list is about done. Or at least what I've decided is most important. I gave up on a bunch of it. I just don't have the energy and it kills my big swollen feet! I even have toe creases!

AFM- I laid down for over 3 hours after eating lunch. I was sooooo exhausted and just feel worn down. Dh is sure this means baby is coming but I hope not. I need a good night's sleep!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay, Desiree - I'm so glad today went well. Go rest, you deserve it!

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Farren!

Meta, I had a great night of sleep last night, too - amazing the energy it gives you. Thanks for the tip on the haircolour - do you buy yours in a health food store?

Hope you had that nap, Karen.

My mom has all 3 kids at the park, so I'm going to go rest on the couch for an hour or so until I need to make dinner. We've had gorgeous sunny skies for the last few days - it's so beautiful!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 11-04-2010, 01:36 AM

popping in super quick...

in case anyone cares-the Earth Mama Angel Baby products for postpartum-the

Mama Bottom Balm and New Mama Bottom spray freaking ROCK. Especially the Balm. So soothing and cooling and really accelerates healing. Highly recommend!!!

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:03 AM

I wish they had those local to me. I could only find them bulk on amazon...

Just dtd and grossly enough think I lost another huge thing of plug. In the middle. So sexy. Now I'm terribly crampy. Yay for my body going somewhere? At least I cleaned the house tonight. But hopefully nothing happens tomorrow. One of my aunts died and her funeral is tomorrow. Not a good day to share. I'm not going-it's over 6 hours away. I feel like I should be more upset but I didn't really know her and she's been "on the verge" since I was a child so it was really a good thing for her with how much pain she was in...that sounds callus doesn't it?

Old 11-04-2010, 03:53 AM

kitty:(((Hug))) for your aunties death/funeral tomorrow...im sorry for your loss.
but so so glad everything went well for DS's surgery.

and...OoOOh, kitty!! baby time?!?! cant wait to hear an update!

Happy (almost )Birthday Farren!!

bobbi, my mom had all of my LO's out today too.. i knit a bit in bed , had a hot bath, then went to my knitting night.. it was a lovely afternoon/evening!
hope you got a good nap in there!

im surprisingly wide awake and its almost 11~
we are going to nelson city again tomorrow for the day. my son has swimming lessons in the big indoor pool and its an excuse to waste a day out of my teeny tiny town..im trying decide what kind of yummy food i want for lunch there are so many options there! i think i want spring rolls and mexican which you cant get in one place im so ready to be over pregnancy whims. and thrift store shopping is calling my name...fun fun!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 11-04-2010, 11:51 AM

Have fun in Nelson, Fern - that is such a neat place....I wish I lived closer! (I've only been there once)

I have my 2nd acupuncture appt this afternoon, which I'll probably enjoy more because my mom can keep dd2 and I won't have to answer her questions just as I'm drifting off.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Good morning!

Fern- enjoy your day out.

Happy Birthday Farren!

Julie-glad your brother is doing ok and enjoy your date night.

I was so tired yesterday I didn't really do anything. Thankfully my son took a nap yesterday so I got a chance to rest. Then I made chicken and dumplings out of Ad Hoc and it came out really good even with a few missing ingredients. It was a huge hit with my husband. I was in bed by 9:30. My husband laughed at me getting into bed, he said my belly is comically huge. but he was still game for other things so I am not too hurt.

My son is off of school today and tomorrow so we have a long 4 day weekend at home. I am just going to be catching up on household stuff, laundry, cleaning etc.

Anyone have a wool puddle pad they like? I was thinking of getting one for the cosleeper (which would need a pack n play sized one) but I only see travel or crib sized?

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM

Farren!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the b-day wishes, all! I feel SO HAPPY that a November baby was born on my birthday!! I hope you will still stick around and chat with us when you can, Kitty! Otherwise I will miss you something fierce.

... and I hope other babies are born today, too. I want to share my b-day with as many little ones as possible!

So I accomplished 10 items on my to-do list yesterday! Unfortunately the list grew to 17 over the course of the day, so I have about 7 things left that I really want to do, but I did save myself all the fun stuff like sewing xmas stockings and making a baby blanket. Unfortunately still working on hemming the curtains. Blech.

I'm feeling really sick this morning... I've run to the bathroom twice over the course of writing this message. Woke up with a lot of period-like cramps last night and then this morning one contraction that really took my breath away, but now nothing. In an effort to be more zen-like I added two extra asterix to my signature bar. Preparing for the long haul, maybe?

I am pretty happy, nonetheless, my mom bought me an hour long massage for my bday and my appointment is right away. Hope everyone has a great Thursday! Everybody start popping out some babies so I can share this great day with your little ones!!!!

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
Old 11-04-2010, 12:40 PM

Happy Birthday Farren! Enjoy your massage! i'm so jealous!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM

Happy birthday! I'm exhausted and a tiny bit woozy but can't sleep. But my butt/perineum don't hurt almost at all and omfg I have ankles already! I need to get up the energy to upload pictures.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:37 PM

Happy Birthday! Farren & Kittie's Little Girlie!

The 4th is a wonderful birthday! I hope that it is perfect!
and I would gladly share it! no signs of baby, but maybe walking around town all day will do the trick?!

Bobbi, thanks i plan on it! you will have to come visit some time

misa, no suggestions on the wool puddle pads. i have in the past found a wool blanket felted it in the washer/dryer works really well though!. im actually going to try to find one today while thrift shopping because my 2yo keeps peeing my bed after MONTHS of not.. its so irritating! and i hate to put her back into diapers.. it just is too much of a step back..yk?
i have a nice white one that i made a few months back, but im saving it for baby

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 11-04-2010, 01:55 PM

Happy Birthday Farren!

I'm trying my best to add another Nov 4th baby (was 'almost' convinced I was in early labor this morning but now it's pretty much stopped, although I feel as close to labor as I have yet). I don't want to get my hopes up, but the day is still young, although I keep thinking I will have this babe on an odd numbered day, and tommorow would be the exact same gestational age as DD was...wonder what the odds are of that? I knew someone who had all 3 of her kids on the exact same gestational day.

Well, at least my house is clean. My mom came yesterday and vaccumed and today she's coming back to do some more fall cleanup in my flower beds. I really ought to take DD out for a walk and try to get things going, plus it will be one of my last chances for a while... snow is supposed to be coming in the next few days.

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
Old 11-04-2010, 01:56 PM

Happy Birthday Farren!! Enjoy the massage-- what a thoughtful present!!

Kitty- glad to see you're feeling good! Looking forward to pictures.

I just returned from a dr appt and was thrilled to find out that Baby B flipped from breech to vertex! He's been breech for MONTHS so this was completely unexpected. I have no idea how he managed to accomplish it without me feeling it either. But it definitely happened since last week's ultrasound. So now they both have their little heads together, all lined up just right. I just HOPE they stay that way-- no more acrobatics now please! And she checked my cervix for the first time-- 2+cm, almost fully effaced, baby A at -1 station. I feel like they'll be born sometime in the next week. This afternoon I have dd's teacher conference but anytime after that is OK with me.

And now... I'm off to sneak some of the kids Halloween candy... shhhh....
Old 11-04-2010, 02:07 PM

That's awesome, Butterflies!!!

Good luck, Laura!

Old 11-04-2010, 02:25 PM

Believe it or not, it's my birthday too today - and my DD's. Yep, 3 years ago today she was born, 30 years and ~12 hours after I was. Happy birthday to you too Farren!

Congrats again Kitty and let's see some more babies born today! butterflies, i'm really glad to hear the great news about twin B!

I'm not a big weekly-chat poster because I can't keep up with all the personals - I do check in on you guys all the time though!

So far nothing doing in the labor dept for me except a tiny uptick in the number of BH contrax. This morning I had one that made me wonder if things were starting up. I think I just had to pee tho. Schedule wise it will really be better if nothing happens until my mom gets here next week (I'll be 39 weeks next Wed) so that we have no issues with care for DD. After next Wednesday I'm ready!! My to do list still has some major items left on it (e.g. pack bag for hospital - not done; get through rest of hypnobabies home study courses - not done).
Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
My brother seems to be doing better. He's still in the hospital and can't eat or drink anything for several days until the perforations in his esophagus heal. They believe that the esophogeal damage is from severe reflux and food allergies. I'm so relieved! He has a wife and three young boys, and is just too young to be getting a life-threatening illness.
*Phew*! I'm so relieved for you, Julie! Yay for date nights & alone time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
AFM- I laid down for over 3 hours after eating lunch. I was sooooo exhausted and just feel worn down. Dh is sure this means baby is coming but I hope not. I need a good night's sleep!
Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Thanks for the tip on the haircolour - do you buy yours in a health food store?
Yep. I get mine at my local mom & pop wfs, but the chain WF carries it too.

Quote:
Just dtd and grossly enough think I lost another huge thing of plug. In the middle. So sexy. Now I'm terribly crampy. Yay for my body going somewhere?
Yay for prostaglandins!! This is how my first was born, immediately after dtd.

We dtd last night, but man, we have to do it THREE times in 24 hours?? Or was it 12 hours???

I'm SO happy for you, Kitty!

Happy Birthday, Farren!!

And you too, Frisbee (& your Dd!!)

Amy, that's great that baby flipped!!

I slept okay last night. Ds sleeps between DP & I and *always* kicks the covers off of us. DP bitches & moans about it all night long. Finally poor Ds was like "Mommy, you can sleep here and have a massage." (Never got the massage, but got some action. ) Ds ended up sleeping until 11:30am! I went in to check on him and he was just waking up. Poor little dude - he had a terrible nightmare about his whole family dying. So at 5am or so we talked about lots of happy things like beach trips and Christmas morning & he fell back to sleep quickly.
DP & I woke up just before 10am. *faint* Even the girls slept until 9:30am - LOVE dark, rainy days!

My sister dropped her baby off this morning (she's almost 18 months!) because she had a sick horse at the barn and needed to have her full attention. My little niece is just the cutest thing and the kids adore her.

Not sure what we're doing today. And it's 1:30pm already! I'm inclined to just stay home and nest. Go to bed early & dtd THREE times.

Yesterday around 4pm I had y shoes on & vacuum in hand and was walking out the door to vacuum the van and move seats around and DP was like"I thought we could watch a movie.." (Dd1 was at the barn & the two littles were at a neighborhood friend's house.) So I took my stuff back inside and put on 'Knocked Up' which I've wanted to watch for years now. As soon as it started, DP's relatives showed up to pick up some stuff from Mex. that people sent them. He ended up chatting with them for over an hour and I told him I was just going to start the movie. So he missed probably the first third of it while I sat there thinking about how I could be vacuuming the van... But he came in and we watched it together (most of it) & it was really funny! Boy did I have some whopper contractions while Alison was in labor though! I think I need to watch some birth clips to start labor.

The kids have holiday music on upstairs. I love it, DP is annoyed by it already... It felt like Christmas morning on Tuesday when we all woke up & Daddy was home. I think it got us all in the spirit.

I'm going to go catch up on the rest of the threads!

Yay for birthdays & birth days!!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrenSquare View Post
Unfortunately still working on hemming the curtains. Blech.
It took me four years to hem the last set of curtains I made! I'm glad I didn't put off other projects in the meantime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisbee View Post
Believe it or not, it's my birthday too today - and my DD's. Yep, 3 years ago today she was born, 30 years and ~12 hours after I was. Happy birthday to you too Farren!
to you, too!

And :congratulations Kitty! How did I miss that you had your baby??

Tomorrow is the big day, and I keep thinking of things I need to do! Like, um, pack the hospital bags

I had a pre-surgery meeting with an IBCLC yesterday (she will come to my house next week for a follow-up). We talked about pumping/expressing in case baby has trouble sucking, and I mentioned I already have donated breast milk (or I will this afternoon). She reminded me how important it is FOR ME to get the sucking action on the breasts. I'd forgotten - if I ever knew - that all these hormone receptors get laid down in the first 7-10 days and the amount of these receptors play a big part in determining your milk making capabability/capacity as time goes by. She encouraged me to request a hospital-grade pump and pump every two hours, if baby isn't sucking. (Actually, she said hand-express colostrum into a spoon to feed baby, THEN pump. Hand expressing is to feed baby; pumping is to encourage milk production). Anway, thought I'd pass this on to you guys, athough I think most of you are having closer-to-term or even post-term babies compared to me (baby will be 37w1d tomorrow).

Now, gotta run in-laws around town so they know how to get DS to school and also to the hospital to visit.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 11-04-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Meta- Pictures?
Of my no-longer-gray hair?

11/3/10 ~ a rare, yet blurry, facial shot!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
ohhh that looks great! looks very natural!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 11-04-2010, 04:45 PM

My goodness, so much news, so little time!

Yay for birthdays, families in town, babies in the right position, acupuncture and massages! And Meta, your hair looks great!

Karen, I'll definitely be thinking about you tomorrow and sending you lots and lots of !

Ok, seriously, dtd three times in a day? Not only would baby come out, but I think my uterus and ovaries would fall out too!

I got a huge nesting urge today and have been up in our bedroom cleaning most of the day. I threw all the shoes out of our walk-in closet, cleaned the mirror, wiped down all the the molding and even wiped with a wet rag along the edges of the carpet where the vacuum can't reach. Dh vacuumed for me, but I still have to clean off the dresser tops and dust. I just had to take a lunch and MDC break!

One of the other things I needed to do today was to send my wedding dress to get cleaned. I got married two years ago when I was about 20 wks pregnant with ds. Of course, being the procrastinator I am, I hung it up in my closet and forgot about it. So I've had this kit for about a month now that all you have to do is send the dress off with any stains marked, and they send it back in a nice box. And of course I haven't been able to make myself do it. So this morning I asked dh to help me *just do it*, and ended up putting it on again to see if it fit (couldn't get it zipped all the way up) and just to remember. Here's a pic of me, ds and our doggy. BTW, don't mind the shoes all over the floor behind me! I hadn't rearranged them in the closet by that point!

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/IMG_9742.jpg

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
Old 11-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
Awesome colour - it really suits you!

Quote:
Ok, seriously, dtd three times in a day? Not only would baby come out, but I think my uterus and ovaries would fall out too!

Quote:
I got a huge nesting urge today and have been up in our bedroom cleaning most of the day. I threw all the shoes out of our walk-in closet, cleaned the mirror, wiped down all the the molding and even wiped with a wet rag along the edges of the carpet where the vacuum can't reach. Dh vacuumed for me, but I still have to clean off the dresser tops and dust. I just had to take a lunch and MDC break!

One of the other things I needed to do today was to send my wedding dress to get cleaned. I got married two years ago when I was about 20 wks pregnant with ds. Of course, being the procrastinator I am, I hung it up in my closet and forgot about it. So I've had this kit for about a month now that all you have to do is send the dress off with any stains marked, and they send it back in a nice box. And of course I haven't been able to make myself do it. So this morning I asked dh to help me *just do it*, and ended up putting it on again to see if it fit (couldn't get it zipped all the way up) and just to remember. Here's a pic of me, ds and our doggy. BTW, don't mind the shoes all over the floor behind me! I hadn't rearranged them in the closet by that point!

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/IMG_9742.jpg
That is a lovely picture, Julie!

Old 11-04-2010, 07:17 PM

Yay for vertex babies!
Good luck tommorow Karen!

It was my m/w who said 3 times in 24 hours...somehow gotta manage to fit it in 2 more times before 4 am, . (and now you know what I was doing this morning, )

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I told DH about the 3x in 24 hours thing and his only response was that we better be really sure when we want baby out.

So excited for you, kitty!

Julie, lovely dress and picture!

butterflies, glad to hear the good u/s results!

We went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday for all of an hour and a half. Actually, we sat around for another half hour and let the kids (our 3 boys and 2 friends' boys) run in circles. So we probably got 2 hours total out of it. But DH came along and we didn't get rained on (while there) and it wasn't super muddy (as we were afraid of) even though there had been a lot of rain.

Coming home I started thinking more about the fact that I'd (at that point) been having ctx or ctx-like activity for more than 24 hours. I've been trying not to get at all wrapped up about it because I know it can start and stop and not be a big deal. Then again, I have a history of long early labors that just keep going and going until they build in intensity enough to get baby out. So then I started wondering if I was really just fooling myself, that maybe baby COULD come in the next few days.

Anyway, told DH and he was certain I needed to call the MW. I didn't end up doing it last night but continued to have tons of ctx activity throughout the evening, even in a bath in our new tub with epsom salts (which should slow things down). And when I got up this morning, I thought it had stopped - then I stood up. The various sensations have continued all day, so I finally called my MW this afternoon just to let her know. I told her I didn't figure this was early labor (no real pattern) and that I could well still go into next week like I've thought I would. She agreed anything can happen but didn't think it would be all THAT long. Especially considering that my cervix is probably 4-5cm and about 75% effaced at this point - and the baby's head is NOT on the cervix right now - I'm pretty sure it will at least be fast once it does start!

So we're working on getting things finished - prepping the rest of the diapers, setting up the bedroom now that we have access to it (and the maid service came today and cleaned up after the construction crew). DH wants to set up the birth pool, etc. It's exciting to see everything come together!

Still having just periodic "real" ctxs and a variety of other harder to define feelings. Two of my boys have said (when asked, separately) that baby might come in 5 days. That would work for me. Of course, I'm kind of thinking that tomorrow afternoon at 4 - after my massage and chiro visit - would be pretty perfect, especially if labor is under 8 hours. Then DH and DS2 can still go to meet a real paleontologist on Saturday while I stay home with the baby.

Totally OT... Anyone have a great recipe for a fabric freshener? I can't get past this smell that seems almost like old pee. I'm not sure if it's the couch or the rug and I have no idea if everyone else can smell it or not. But it's musty and I really want to get rid of it. Any ideas? Wondering if straight vinegar is good or Bac-Out...?

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Banned

Yummmm Bac Out, watered way down. Of course they have a new scent at our HFS but we're using the last of the old bottle, not sure if I'll love the new scent as much. I love Bac out and the enzymes should be perfect for eradicating the musty smell.

I'm sitting in bed with DD while she watches Sprout, since we're both sick She napped from 4-6 so who knows when she'll conk out again. She was soooo tired and just wanted to be on me, silent and cozy, for a good chunk after she got up. At least she's eating. PLEASE baby wait until we're all over this to come!

My tub liner came today-- to my (condo) neighbor's house! So now she knows about the homebirth, lol. She's kooky (not mentally all right) but typically in a nice way. But the good news is, now we are totally ready for the birth. There are a few things we need for the placenta tincture and all that, but we could make do for sure. I was going over my to-do list and it's sooooo manageable now! I finished DD's xmas dress, just threw it together last night and today! There are a few things I'd really like to do but we're getting to that "okay" point. But I don't want DD or DH to be sick! I'm really praying of course that I'm not sick in labor. I am trusting my body to wait!!! I'm only 37.5 weeks so hopefully...
Old 11-05-2010, 01:52 AM

Heather, I hope all of that means something!

Not like it means anything, but I've been having a lot of ctx lately too.

I checked myself today and could find my cervix again (I had tried on Tue before my mw appt and couldn't find it), and it felt like what might be about 4 cm dilated. I could feel the anterior and sides of the opening, but my finger couldn't reach the posterior side. What I felt in the middle was hard, like a baby head, and felt like a stocking over a head/hair. Is that possible, or was I imagining things?

I feel like the pressure on my cervix and rectum is getting much more intense! It's good and bad at the same time!

Old 11-05-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post
ohhh that looks great! looks very natural!
Quote:
And Meta, your hair looks great!
Thanks ladies! It actually looks *a lot* darker in real life - not sure why it looks so much lighter on "film." But I think it looks really natural too.

Quote:
I LOVE this picture!!

AFM, I thought I was going to explode yesterday. I guess I cooked and ate all day long and I ate like 5 pepper poppers (jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese wrapped in bacon - YUM!) and I felt like my stomach was going to split open. I didn't even eat dinner, but had some ice cream.
I think it was just gas.

BUT, I have this REALLY annoying other problem. My hoo-ha is terribly itchy. I don't have any weird discharge, so I don't think it's yeast, but I haven't had a yeast infection for almost 12 yrs, when I was pregnant with Dd1.
Initially I was thinking it was from the oral EPO, but I stopped taking that a few days ago. Then DP & I dtd on Monday night & I *think* that's when it all started. I'll have to go back & look at that thread I started about EPO causing contractions to find out when my irritation began.
Last night I rinsed off, dried and then rubbed coconut oil down there to try to soothe things because I still feel kind of dry (which is SO not me.) Internally I'm not dry & still constantly losing lots of mucous, but outside I'm really irritated.

Any suggestions? I'm kind of freaked out that if it's yeast, it could mess up baby's gut as he's born because the vaginal flora is what sets up baby's gut. I guess I'll cut out sugar (boo-hoo!) and start taking loads of probiotics. I have GSE - what do I do with it? Anything else? I actually had a little bright red blood in my undies just from a superficial boo-boo from the irritation.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:42 PM

Meta- it looks great!

Julie- I love the dress.

Good luck, Heather!!!

I feel weaker and dizzy today. Guess i should take this rest thing seriously.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Julie- you look beautiful in your wedding dress! I still have mine but I don't know what to do with it.

Meta-sorry about your itchy area. Hope it feels better soon. I didn't notice your grey hair before but I like the new color. Is it a reddish brown in person?

Heather-glad you got to go to the Renaissance festival

Karen-Today is the big day? good luck, waiting for updates!

Kitty-take it easy, go rest! I love your pictures on facebook.

I am just hanging out at home today, maybe venturing out for a few errands later on. I cleaned most of downstairs yesterday and did some laundry. I should do some school work and make a good to-do list. Nothing exciting, just happy to hang out at home, it looks like the sun is coming out today.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
Old 11-05-2010, 01:03 PM

Thoughts and prayers going out to Karen today!

Kitty, seriously, take it easy! Did you loose a lot of blood? Is there any way your mw can draw an H/H or CBC on you?

Meta, I saw that epo can cause itchiness, but cutting down on Halloween candy can't hurt! Whenever I've had a yeast infxn (it's also been a while), I've tried natural alternatives but have only really had success with Monistat. Once it was bacterial vaginosis, which required a prescription. I think if it *were* a yeast infxn, it might be better to just wipe it out with a one or three day treatment so you know it'll be gone before baby is born. After our 6 month hiatus when ds was born, dh bought some special "celebratory" lube. I thought I had a raging yeast infxn -- it was *horrible* itching like I've never experienced in my life. I went to the mw twice and finally ended up seeing a dermatologist before realizing it was the lube. It was horrible! Anyway, I'm just throwing that out there in case your dp brought home anything celebratory from Mexico!

AFM, we went out last night and I didn't think I ate that much, but when we got home, I couldn't stop burping! I also had a glass of wine and some decaf coffee. At any rate, we had some nice snuggle time and dtd and immediately afterwards I felt like I was going to throw up, plus I was having really uncomfortable ctx and crampiness, and my lady bits were all swollen again. I was so miserable I couldn't fall asleep. I seriously think I'm done with that, so I hope baby comes soon! It's just not enjoyable for me any more, but I don't want dh to think I'm not interested in him, so it's a little tricky... Anyway, I cramped and contracted all night, enough to make my sleep really disrupted, and then I've been up since 5:30.

I'm going to lie down and try to get a nap since dh is home today, and then I have a "Tastefully Simple" party to go to tonight. I think my appearance there will be short and sweet. This mama wants to go to bed early!

User Tag List