***Weekly Chat Thread October 30-NOVEMBER 5th*** - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2010, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kitty, seriously, GO REST!

mz, that photo is lovely!

meta, your hair is beautiful! now i REALLY want to henna mine...im going to mix it up today..i dont have any plans for this afternoon/evening..
and im not sure what to suggest for the itchies..it doesn't really sound like a YI..

misa, home days are good! that is my plan for today as well.

afm, town yesterday was soOo exhausting. but i did get some things i have been needing (curtain rods, a mattress pad for DD, yarn for my neck warmer and the ever needed groceries) and found some cute baby things at the thrift shops
my whole body is achy today, im stuffy and sneezy and i have a headache .
i plan on a hot epsom salt bath, knitting by the fire, some light house cleaning and eating some yummy food.. maybe watching a movie with the LO's and i will try for a short walk i need to pick something up from my midwofe who is just 2 blks away.
my mom is here till Sunday morning (well, in town) so i have a few more days to enjoy her help. off to get started.. i haven't got out of bed yet (its not even 9am though) dp made the kids breakfast today

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 01:42 PM

Ugh.. I'm getting sick again. I was JUST sick last week! and was finally starting to feel better YESTERDAY and now I've got a sore throat again. This is so not fair. My due date is tomorrow. At least it is Friday, DH will be home slightly early and I can rest tomorrow and Sunday....

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:49 PM

At the hospital. Hooray for free wi-fi!

The CNM on call is the same I had for DS's eventual birth, and is my least favorite. So far, nurse has scoffed both at our having a birth plan for a section, and at having a doula come in. Grrr. My BP is high - gee, I wonder why?

Time for the IV. More news later.

Can we also have good thoughts for StarMama today? She is also having a section today for previa.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 11-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Thinking of you and your sweet baby girl, Karen!! What time are you scheduled for?

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Karen and StarMama, sending big hugs and best wishes for perfect births and beautiful, healthy babies!

I'm going to add treating the couch/rug with Bac-Out to my list of things to do today. I am so ready not to have funky smells around, even if I am the one who smells them the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
Heather, I hope all of that means something!

Not like it means anything, but I've been having a lot of ctx lately too.
at these two statements back-to-back. Things seem to have settled again overnight. I emailed our birth photographer and told her probably within the next 7-10 days and probably not in the next 2-3... And so far that still seems realistic. Definitely not in the next 2-3, I think (knowing we can always be surprised!), which is good because it's the last few days when I really DON'T want baby to come (except that I do! ). My mom is unavailable and my DS has a big event Saturday he's been looking forward to for two months! So next week will work fine.

kitty, definitely make a point of taking it easy! It's amazing to feel good after a birth, but resting will go a LONG way to complete healing.

Catie, so sorry you're feeling sick! I haven't felt completely well in more than a month, with the same sort of back-to-back thing. I hope it passes quickly for you!

I have to go get a blood draw for a CBC today (I say "have to" but my MW asked if I was okay with it and I agreed ) and then get a deep tissue massage and adjustment. I need those SO badly!! I'm also wondering what affect they'll have on baby and ctx activity. Baby was firmly on the right side earlier and I'd love to get him/her back over to the left. Need to go spend some time with my ball on hands/knees, I think.

It is gloriously cool/chilly out (again)! The windows were open all night and the house feels stupendous. My one pair of fitting maternity jeans aren't half as comfy now as they had been (pretty sure it's because of baby dropping) but I was happy to find my comfy knit pants tucked away in my drawer so I'm comfy AND warm. Not sure I can get away with wearing them all day, though.

Shower install is supposed to happen today. Hoping we can get it all wrapped up! But we're at least moving back into our own room (which is why I could find my comfy pants!) and getting ready for a BABY to be born in there!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:35 PM

for Karen and StarMama- you get BABIES today! And ELV's to the mama's in labor too. It's going to be a busy day.

Kitty-take it easy!
Catie- hope the cold doesn't amount to much and you feel better soon. DD is snuffly today, I hope she's not coming down with something.
Meta- hope it's just the EPO irritating things

AFM-feeling pretty good today, yesterday was terrible, I'm SO OVER this prodromal . My mom is coming again today to work in my yard and I need to putter around the house and clean toilets etc. How exciting.

I'm officially call screening now, my well meaning but annoying friend called last night and left a message, 'had that baby yet?'. Arg. Yes, i had it and I am keeping it from you. Seriously. Yeah, I'm getting more than a little bit cranky now...tommorow is my due date and today was as pregnant as I got with DD and I don't see anything happening today. Zen feelings aren't exactly flowing around here. And no, DH and I didn't fit in those 2 extra sessions DTD. Sleep was much more appealing

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
Old 11-05-2010, 03:48 PM

thanks mamas, i am really hoping that it is just residual from my old cold and that I will feel better tomorrow...

I am seriously getting jealous of all these mamas having their babies!!!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:56 PM

Karen and StarMama- yeah for babies today!

So many babies being born!!

LadyCatherine- I am getting so jealous also.

I am having lots of contractions, none painful, and it feels like the baby is fighting against them. This baby is so active still. I am starting to feel really anxious about the possibility of getting to 42 weeks again. I don't want to have to go in for NSTs- they will try to tell me my water is low again, but I don't ever have a lot of water and of course I don't want induction.

Ahhhhh.....if only there were some more signs to let me know it might happen sooner rather than later.

Meghan, Married to Scott, Mother to Audrey- 2, and Expecting Nov 10th
Old 11-05-2010, 04:36 PM

Thinking of you, Karen and StarMama - hurray for more babies today!

chambom - my baby has moments of high activity, too, and I don't see labour happening in my immediate future. Which is OK - I have another almost 2 weeks until I'm 40 weeks, so I'll probably be around for a while longer.

The chiro says my pelvic is starting to flex (after being very stiff last few weeks), so that means things are progressing. Dd1's parent-teacher interview is scheduled for my due date...I'm sure that means I'll go on that day for sure!

My mom is currently cleaning my fridge while I'm on MDC. I'm only feeling slightly guilty...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 11-05-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post

My mom is currently cleaning my fridge while I'm on MDC. I'm only feeling slightly guilty...

my mom is making lunch for the kids and washing dishes but the whole house is trashed since she and her little guy got here this am so i dont feel so bad. they are so much messier than us or maybe just the added people make it that way? or maybe because im usually tidying up constantly as opposed to only doing it when everything has exploded.. not sure. wish i had the energy to do my own cleaning today though...i like my house the way i like it.. that sounds very ungrateful i guess.. but its true.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 11-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
for Karen and StarMama! Can't wait to hear about your new arrivals.

I've been taking it easy but felt sooo bad. Well, looks like it's blood sugar. I'm prone to having low blood sugar but have been eating super healthy and almost all dairy/protein. I just drank a big Coke and feel enormously better. Why that was the last thing I tried, I have no idea...I even almost went to the er!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 11-05-2010, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Bobbi and Fern--yay for mom's helping (even if it isn't your way, I totally understand)

Catie-feel better.

Julie-I couldn't stop burping last night when we were dtd, it was gross. My husband was a good sport but said maybe we need to wait until after the baby. It is getting too awkward. Hope you are feeling better today. Your husband should understand that it isn't *him* it is your body not cooperating.

I am jealous of all the babies too but I know I have to wait, I am due at the end of the month. I was due the last day of August with my first too so I have to wait until everyone has their babies!

I did end up going to the mall with my son and he got new sneakers 'running shoes' like Daddy so he is very excited. He played on the indoor playground which was totally crazy. The sign said for children "under 42 inches and 10 years of age" I thought it was strange because my 4 year old is about 42 inches probably 43 but there were kids in there much taller and older. Are there kids that would hit the age limit before the height limit? Now he is napping and I need to work on my hw.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
Old 11-05-2010, 06:01 PM

Thinking of you Karen and StarMama! Hopefully you're holding your sweet babies already or getting close!

Kitty- Hope you got some good rest today! You've had quite a week mama! Oddly, I've had massive soda cravings all through this last trimester (and before that I'd gone months without ever wanting one)... I wonder if blood sugar has had something to do with it. My glucose screen came back pretty low (70?).

Fridays I always take ds for a special breakfast at the coffee shop before I bring him to pre-K. I was getting all teary eyed on the way home that this might be our last one for a while. sniff...

i'm jealous of those of you whose moms are visiting! I would really like the help (although I totally get that house guests can also be frustrating). My parents are about 3 hrs away but they just hate to travel or be away from their own home. I've had to come to accept its just how they are. It's just so very different from dh and I (and his family too).
Old 11-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaGoat View Post
Meta-sorry about your itchy area. Hope it feels better soon. I didn't notice your grey hair before but I like the new color. Is it a reddish brown in person?
No, it's not reddish at all in person! It's a nice, darkish brown. I still haven't washed it, but it usually fades gradually (at least in the gray areas) to a lighter brown - but it ends up looking super natural like highlights from the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
Meta, I saw that epo can cause itchiness, but cutting down on Halloween candy can't hurt! Whenever I've had a yeast infxn (it's also been a while), I've tried natural alternatives but have only really had success with Monistat. Once it was bacterial vaginosis, which required a prescription. I think if it *were* a yeast infxn, it might be better to just wipe it out with a one or three day treatment so you know it'll be gone before baby is born. After our 6 month hiatus when ds was born, dh bought some special "celebratory" lube. I thought I had a raging yeast infxn -- it was *horrible* itching like I've never experienced in my life. I went to the mw twice and finally ended up seeing a dermatologist before realizing it was the lube. It was horrible! Anyway, I'm just throwing that out there in case your dp brought home anything celebratory from Mexico!

I'm thinking Monistat soon. I can only use the 3 day inserts, right? I can't remember what's safe. MW said to shove a clove of garlic up there on a string overnight. I just made some homemade kefir & DP picked me up a case of local yogurt (we live like 15 minutes from Seven Stars Farm - YUM!) but I MUST stay away from the goodies!! I also have grapefruit seed extract that I should put in some water a couple of times a day...

I hate the burps! I always get them after I lay down in bed at night - then I have to sit up for it to come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
meta, your hair is beautiful! now i REALLY want to henna mine...im going to mix it up today..i dont have any plans for this afternoon/evening..
and im not sure what to suggest for the itchies..it doesn't really sound like a YI..
I'm thinking it doesn't seem like a YI either because there's no discharge, but who knows?

Thanks for the hair compliment! Go for henna, sounds fun! I looove thrift shopping for baby stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post
Ugh.. I'm getting sick again. I was JUST sick last week! and was finally starting to feel better YESTERDAY and now I've got a sore throat again. This is so not fair. My due date is tomorrow. At least it is Friday, DH will be home slightly early and I can rest tomorrow and Sunday....
The rest of my family has another head cold and I'm SO hoping I'll be spared. Or at least if I'm going to get it, let me just get it now so I don't have to deal with nasal congestion + labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
The chiro says my pelvic is starting to flex (after being very stiff last few weeks), so that means things are progressing. Dd1's parent-teacher interview is scheduled for my due date...I'm sure that means I'll go on that day for sure!
I asked my chiro about this on Wednesday! He said he can usually feel more movement in pregnant women because of the relaxin but he also thinks that a day or two before labor, he *might* be able to feel some super "flexibility," but he can't say for sure if it's just his imagination. However, he said I'm pretty easy to maneuver around - nice & loose. But I know I'll have at least 2 weeks more to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I've been taking it easy but felt sooo bad. Well, looks like it's blood sugar. I'm prone to having low blood sugar but have been eating super healthy and almost all dairy/protein. I just drank a big Coke and feel enormously better. Why that was the last thing I tried, I have no idea...I even almost went to the er!
Good for the protein! Blood sugar stuff IS scary. Take care of yourself, Desiree!

Thinking of Karen & StarMama!! Soooo many babies!

I went out *alone* and did a bunch of stuff, but ended up not really accomplishing much after all. I got some probiotics, walked around Ikea and got the girls new mattress protectors because they *always* get the stomach bug sometime around Thanksgiving - and I've been paranoid about their fancy mattresses getting ruined.

I ate at Elevation Burger (grass fed burgers) and it was so-so. It was my first time. It's cool that there's a place that serves grass fed, organic beef, but I still think they have a long way to go. I wish they'd use lard or coconut oil for their fries instead of olive oil - it's soooooo bad to heat olive oil at all let alone in a fryer!

Tomorrow is absolutely, positutely van-cleaning day.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:23 PM

I had my massage and chiro appointment and am feeling somewhat better. Leaving the chiro, I started feeling little bits of activity again. I wasn't feeling anything earlier today. Nothing exciting, though... which is probably good at this point because I *really* don't want my 6yo to miss meeting a real paleontologist tomorrow. It's our birthday gift to him and he's been waiting for TWO months. Which is an eternity when you're 6, of course! But who am I fooling - two WEEKS is an eternity for any of us right now!

Baby keeps moving from left to right so I'm going to try to work on spending more time on hands and knees and encouraging good positioning with stretches and lunges and all of that.

We have bathroom stuff that won't happen until Monday/Tuesday and DH is telling everyone that I could be in labor then. I have no idea if I really might be but I love that he thinks we're close enough to warn everyone they might not be able to come.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post

Baby keeps moving from left to right so I'm going to try to work on spending more time on hands and knees and encouraging good positioning with stretches and lunges and all of that.
Mine keeps trying to do that too...it gets all nicely settled on the left and then the little turkey swings it's butt over to my right and I'm getting feet on the left again. Behave, child! DD was in a great LOA position for weeks before I had her, and then moved to the right a few days before I went into labor and got acynclitic and things didn't go so hot, so I'm really apprehensive about this one's position. My m/w assures me that the second time around the position doesn't matter so much but given my past experience I'm a little dubious about that!

Old 11-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches View Post
Mine keeps trying to do that too...it gets all nicely settled on the left and then the little turkey swings it's butt over to my right and I'm getting feet on the left again. Behave, child! DD was in a great LOA position for weeks before I had her, and then moved to the right a few days before I went into labor and got acynclitic and things didn't go so hot, so I'm really apprehensive about this one's position. My m/w assures me that the second time around the position doesn't matter so much but given my past experience I'm a little dubious about that!
Positioning has always been an issue for me, it seems. Even with LOA/LOT babies, I've had to deal with some degree of asyncliticism with each. With DS1 it ended in a c/s (hospital birth and no one knew what to do); with DS2 I had a loooooong labor and was helped by chiro adjustments in labor; with DS3, I worked proactively during labor knowing (from MW's assessment) that he was working on getting into position and did lunges and such during ctxs. He ended up coming VERY fast but only after a looong time. I'd like to go for the lined-up-and-ready-to-go-and-not-TOO-fast-but-not-so-slow labor this time.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:33 PM

I managed to miss a bunch of posts!

Kitty, so glad you're feeling better!

Meta, I used 1-day Monistat a few months back (my first time to try the stuff). My MW just said that Monistat was fine to use, not which kind, so I went quick. The pack I got had cream for external use, too, which was really helpful because mine was mostly external, too.

Mattress protectors are on my list of things I still need to get. I want to get the Ikea one for our bed but I haven't gotten out there yet and am not keen on taking the kids by myself. I'd also really like to get new side tables (I don't have one but am currently planning to steal the one that DH has used even though it's not really a bedside table and is super low) and we still need a dresser for the baby and we were going to get chairs for the dining room (we've never had enough or matching ones). But, of course, our budget for most of that disappeared into the bathroom and all the extra work (and fancier tub). I keep thinking that, if worst comes to worst, I'll send my mom to a big box store for EVA shower curtains to use for the bed, even tho I'd much rather the Ikea-style fitted thingy. At some point, though, I just don't care anymore.

My 3yo is being SO emotional and grouchy and just plain in a bad mood for the last couple of days. Of course, it's crossed my mind that maybe that means labor is coming soon. Ya know, little kids reacting to upcoming changes? Ah, well... Likely not but it's driving me nuts. Against my better judgement I brought home Munchkins from a newly-opened Dunkin Donuts (only one in town and I *needed* water and was only 5 miles away ). I let each of the boys have one, but Judah later found the box and helped himself to another (which I took back to save for him for later). So since then he's been melting down about wanting JUST ONE more donut. He grabbed the box off the counter and was trying to sneak off with it. After I put it away another time, I was in the other room and heard him say, "Yes! Here it is!" and I got in there to see him reaching for it again. He melted down right there with nothing more than saying his name! Umm, I think sugar is NOT a good idea for him!

Later, while I was holding him and he was still crying, he started another sobbing jag because he wants me to push out the baby TODAY! (Which means NOW!) Poor boy... If only I could do that! Though I reminded him that we're going to Dino Days tomorrow and can't go if baby comes - at least, I can't. If baby came tonight (you know, before midnight so DH and DS2 could still get up and go to 9am breakfast that we've paid for), I'd send the other boys with Grandma to meet up with DH for the rest of Dino Days and I'd stay home with my baby.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:18 PM

Paige Marie is here!! She arrived at 11:41am (Pacific) weighing 7lb1oz and measuring 20.5 inches long. She's got BLONDE hair! She needed lots of suctioning and a little bagging, but her 5 minute APGAR was 9. She's been very sleepy ever since, and hasn't latched yet, but I expect she'll wake up soon.

More tomorrow. I'm pretty sleepy myself!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 11-05-2010, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Paige Marie is here!! She arrived at 11:41am (Pacific) weighing 7lb1oz and measuring 20.5 inches long. She's got BLONDE hair! She needed lots of suctioning and a little bagging, but her 5 minute APGAR was 9. She's been very sleepy ever since, and hasn't latched yet, but I expect she'll wake up soon.

More tomorrow. I'm pretty sleepy myself!
Congratulations Karen!! You're so sneaky...sneaking that in here like that..

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:28 PM

Congratulations, Karen!! I hope you are doing well and that your recovery is smooth.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Congratulations Karen!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Congrats Karen!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 11-05-2010, 10:46 PM

Im so happy for you Karen! welcome earth-side little one!
rest up well. take lots of Arnica!

i feel So PMS'y right now.. totally bitchy and unable to do anything productive. still not feeling great either. i want to knit but i just frogged the hat i was working on because it just wasn't working even though i have knit the stupid hat a few times before and cast on for it like 5 times because i keep messing it up. so much time wasted. i think im going to cast on this sweet vest instead... *sigh* i wish it was bed time already.

Quote:

Old 11-06-2010, 12:17 AM

Congratulations, Karen! I'm so glad to hear she's earthside... How are you doing? Send us an update when you can.

Heather, my kids are also being SUPER clingy today...I guess the reality of a new sibling is setting in in a big way...I'm trying not to react negatively to all this, but mama needs her personal space, too!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 11-06-2010, 12:21 AM

heather, i hear you on the cranky kids and sugar melt downs.. my mom has been feeding my kids so much sweet stuff and its making them insane. *sigh*
this too shall pass, right?
i hope you get your quiet day at home with baby while your boys are out at dino days..

Quote:

Old 11-06-2010, 01:05 AM

Congratulations, Karen! I hope you and baby can both get some rest so you can wake up and get to know each other!

Sorry to everybody who's not feeling well. My cold is long gone, yet I'm still coughing up residual junk. It's kind of gross, and of course there's the peeing factor...

Butterflies, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one craving soda. I've actually found that Dr. Pepper helps a lot when I'm not feeling well, more specifically when I'm nauseated or just trying to eat a meal (esp. at lunch time). I've developed a bit of an addiction, and am probably averaging 1/2 can per day. I don't know why as soon as I sit down to eat lunch I feel like I'm going to :Puke

Fern, I know what you mean about your mom cleaning your house. It's like when my sister offers to help me fold laundry and I have to refold it all later because it's not the way I do it!

As far as knitting goes, it looks like the baby blanket I started for dd 12 years ago is not going to be finished for this baby either. I'm so disappointed. I just don't ever get a chance to work on it, and it requires this whole edging piece that I don't know how to do without help, even if I managed to get the body of it finished. So at this point, my next goal is to finish it for one of my grandchildren.

I went to a Tastefully Simple party tonight, even though I was *so* wanting to just stay home. Luckily dd asked if she could come with me at the last minute, and I was so pleased to have her company. It was a long, dark drive there, and even worse on the way home, as it had started snowing and was accumulating pretty badly on the roads. I just really wasn't in the mood to go sit around with a bunch of women I don't know, sampling and buying food mixes that require only 1/2 cup of water to make bread, soup or whatever else. I felt like I had to go, though, because the girl who had the party is a nurse friend of mine who I hadn't seen for over a year. Oh well. I guess I'm just in the mood to stay in my house until I have this baby.

And speaking of snow, I was all bummed out to be driving home, fishtailing, because I wanted *clear roads* for our mad dash to the hospital. When ds was born, we drove through a terrible snow storm to get to the hospital and my panic level was through the roof. When dh and I discussed homebirth after I found out I was pregnant this time, he kept reassuring me that I shouldn't stress because we wouldn't have to worry about getting to the hospital in bad weather.

Is there something about baby's movements supposed to be slowing down before labor? If so, I'm never going to have this baby, I guess. She's a crazy mover and a shaker!

Well I'm going to head to bed now. The question is, when I check these boards tomorrow morning, who will have posted that that they had their baby in the middle of the night? May the best woman win!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
Old 11-06-2010, 02:37 AM

Ugh. My mom is supposed to watch DD when I go into labor (whenever that will be, ). BUT she's come down the flu. So not good timing, I'm 40 weeks tomorrow. DD also has come down with some sniffles but no fever. Fantastic.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:51 AM

Karen, Congratulations!

I'm starting to look forward to the "spa-like" atmosphere of the hospital. Good grief, this morning and yesterday morning should have been sleep-in days around here but instead the kids and I have been up earlier than usual. It makes for a very crabby mommy. I managed to survive yesterday with the 4 kids in the house all day long, though it really wasn't very pleasant by the end. The 6 yo girl that I babysit for seems to not listen whatsoever when I explain that it is time to clean up. And her fabulous habits are starting to be picked up by my 3 yo dd . Explaining that bending over or being on the floor at this point is painful for me exhibits no empathy from her. In the scheme of life, not a big deal; at the end of a pregnancy, really annoying.

It snowed here last night too - just a dusting. I LOVE the first snowfall of the year, but it's made me feel just a bit sad. It feels like winter already and I STILL don't have this baby.

Today, ds has a birthday party to attend (which usually would be a BIG deal, but he told me that he'd rather have a new little sister instead ) and so we're going to go out to lunch and run lots of errands while he is with his friends.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Karen!

I started a new thread for a new week here:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1277386

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02

User Tag List